8.6

1. Apr 5, 2012
    What a great movie is this! A classic...! It raises a real issue. Well, I am not sure how is that in America now; thankfully, here in Australia the laws are more sensible. Being a mother myself, I can totally relate with the story. Although I haven't faced a situation like that...the feelings of parenthood are there. This film is moving, and one can't help but experience empathy forWhat a great movie is this! A classic...! It raises a real issue. Well, I am not sure how is that in America now; thankfully, here in Australia the laws are more sensible. Being a mother myself, I can totally relate with the story. Although I haven't faced a situation like that...the feelings of parenthood are there. This film is moving, and one can't help but experience empathy for Hoffman's character. A beautiful movie! The best was the boy! Yet, to me, not quite a 10. Expand
  2. Mar 24, 2012
    The film strikes a chord because it so effectively captures the beauty of parenthood rather than giving us a lot of corny fakeness that most sentimental films such as this are abundant with.
  3. adityam
    Aug 24, 2009
    This, I say, is a very good movie. Hoffman and the Boy have given enough of them for us to be convinced of the Film's Premise. Meryl Streep is silently excellent.

1. Misogynistic claptrap about a divorced husband (Dustin Hoffman) fighting for the custody of and learning to cope with his little boy (Justin Henry) - a movie whose classy trimmings (including Nestor Almendros's cinematography) persuaded audiences to regard writer-director Robert Benton as a subtle art-house director.
    Kramer vs. Kramer is a movie of good performances, and it had to be, because the performances can't rest on conventional melodrama.
  3. Even when its emotions run a bit out of control, Kramer vs. Kramer is a strong and positive film. Its performances are first-rate, from Hoffman and streep down to Howard Duff (as a divorce lawyer) and a terrifically talented lad named Justin Henry, who visibly matures in his portrayal of Billy, the contested kid.