8.7

1. AndrewP.
    Jan 13, 2008
    It is very very simple. You should NOT base a score on the comments of professional critics! - they long-word using snobs are almost be default going to hate the stupid, silly, fun of a movie like Kung Pow. The humour is awesome and ridiculous. The lack of a plot hardly even matters. Ignore anyone who has a 'movie-blog' site, and listen to someone who enjoys a silly bit of naked It is very very simple. You should NOT base a score on the comments of professional critics! - they long-word using snobs are almost be default going to hate the stupid, silly, fun of a movie like Kung Pow. The humour is awesome and ridiculous. The lack of a plot hardly even matters. Ignore anyone who has a 'movie-blog' site, and listen to someone who enjoys a silly bit of naked gun humour. Watch this movie it is absolutely awesome! Expand
  2. Donimo
    May 15, 2008
    As per usual, the critics don't understand the oh so complicated concept of comedy (hyperbole). The person that calls this film "uninspired" would have to be dead on the inside - which by the way is no coincidence because to not to literally laugh out loud throughout this movie, you must indeed be dead.
  3. ErikPoop
    Dec 11, 2007
    Great movie, really depends on your sense of humor. You either like it or love it.
  4. BettyP.
    Dec 14, 2007
    There is no movie out there like Kung Pow. Where the heck is the sequel?
  5. JohnS.
    Apr 18, 2008
    One of THE funniest movies I've ever seen. And don't get this movies just because the critics gave it a low score; THE CRITICS DON'T KNOW WHAT'S FUNNY ANYMORE.
  6. Nov 26, 2011
    Hilariously funny and a priceless comedy that will keep you laughing till the end. I really enjoyed it and I am sure a lot of others would enjoy it too.
  7. Feb 20, 2012
    This movie is hilarious from start to finish. Its the parody of parody films imo. I am super pissed off that they didnt make a sequel (as hinted in the film). A must see comedy imo.
  8. JohnMarkF.
    Mar 3, 2008
    Hysterical. Critics should not rate comedies, this is one of the greatest. It got me through middle school and still makes me laugh.
  9. FatG.
    Nov 3, 2002
    All of those who voted below 8: I implore you to reconsider!
  10. KatieJ
    Jun 30, 2008
    This is a great movie. I'm still waiting for that sequel. This movie is so quote-able! Definitely one of my favorite comedies.
  11. RonB.
    Apr 18, 2006
    I loved this movie. it is childish and stupid, but I can't help but love it. Like scary movie with some occasional kung foo jokes. It is pretty origional. not much violence, so if u are lookin for that look at kung fu hustle, another childish movie that i loved.
  12. ZachH.
    Apr 26, 2008
    This movie is awesome on a grand scale. Give me a freakin sequel already
  13. AlexT.
    Apr 25, 2008
    The funniest dub of a movie I have EVER seen. The critics are uptight snobs. I loved this. It made me crack up so many times.
  14. Apr 14, 2012
    For some reason it won't allow me to adjust my rating to a ten. Consider that a bug. This is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, and I don't know what the hell the critics were smoking when they rated it.
  15. HeathB.
    Apr 9, 2002
    I had to give this a 10. It was the worste movie I've ever seen, yet it was the single funniest movie ever. A lot of people went in expecting a good, funny movie. I went in expecting crap with humor. I think the fact that it didn't make a whole lot of sense was why it was so funny. And the fact that the main character did all of the voiceovers, including the curly-haired chick I had to give this a 10. It was the worste movie I've ever seen, yet it was the single funniest movie ever. A lot of people went in expecting a good, funny movie. I went in expecting crap with humor. I think the fact that it didn't make a whole lot of sense was why it was so funny. And the fact that the main character did all of the voiceovers, including the curly-haired chick (oweeoweeowee) was hillarious. Expand
  16. MaStA-E.
    Aug 21, 2002
    Man, these critics can't scratch there balls half as good as they can rate movies. GREAT MOVIE!!!
  17. FrederikP.
    Mar 23, 2007
    Come on reviewers!! I can see that you could loose some of your sense of humour when your sitting in a dark cinema all day, but I can't belive that you can't see the brilliance of this film. It's just pure silly fun and that is all it is trying to be! It accomplishes this perfectly... "Tigers... Tigers.... Birdie Birdie".
  18. WillN.
    Jun 23, 2008
    Hilarious. The funniest stupid movie I have had the good pleasure of seeing.
  19. MikeH
    Aug 29, 2009
    Absolutely hilarious!!!! but only if you watch the whole thing and realize how much effort steve oedekirk actually put into making it. a couple of my idiot friends watched parts of it and then assumed it was crap. IT'S NOT!!!!! funny funny funny.
  20. PatR.
    May 18, 2008
    This is by far one of the funniest movies I have ever seen.
  21. tomh.
    Dec 12, 2006
    A hilarious movie with great voicing by oederkerk.
  22. SamB
    Dec 21, 2006
    As if this is on the 200 worst rated movies! I thought it was hilarious and judging the the user reviews so did others. Why can't the critics just take a movie for a light hearted comedic escape.
  23. Nov 22, 2013
    How can this movie not be loved? It never takes itself seriously and has some great laughs!! That's a LOTTA NUTS! My favourite comedy of all time. I see the critics gave it extremely low scores. Their dreams must have died with them growing to morbid. This never pretends to a good movie, but a fun one it sure it!
  24. Apr 26, 2012
    This Metacritic page is a prime example of why 90 year olds and kids who like Jersey Shore shouldn't be allowed to act as professional critics. They both have the same taste in slapstick: None.

Kung Pow is a flat out classic of slapstick, and if I find out any of Critics who reviewed this poorly ever gave a better review to ANY Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer movie, I will personally track them down and spend the rest of my life defecating on their porch every morning.
  25. BordacaliKeedleL.
    Aug 10, 2003
    What a perfect comedy for the perfect sense of humor. this movie is, without a doubt, the FUNNIEST movie ive ever seen in my entire life!!! i implore the critics to reconsider, i cant wait for Tongue of Fury to come out!! I've CHOSEN, kung pow!!
  26. JonMak
    Feb 20, 2005
    How can you not enjoy the sense of humor in this movie?
  27. RubenN.
    Jul 1, 2007
    0? Really? Perfect for a good laugh and maiming your love for kung-fu movies, in a good way, that is.
  28. Christopher
    Jun 11, 2003
    It is a masterpiece!
  29. BillV.
    Oct 20, 2005
    The people who review this harshly lack imagination and are frustrated by things they dont understand. Lighten up Francis.
  30. SidW
    Mar 22, 2010
    It's almost unbelievable how hilarious this film truly is. If you love Monty Python, you'll certainly love this. The absurdity is something to cherish. It takes masterful skill to create such comedic bliss with this spoofing style. I will admit though, sometimes it can be a bit childish, but most of the time, I'm laughing harder than I ever have at film(other than The Holy It's almost unbelievable how hilarious this film truly is. If you love Monty Python, you'll certainly love this. The absurdity is something to cherish. It takes masterful skill to create such comedic bliss with this spoofing style. I will admit though, sometimes it can be a bit childish, but most of the time, I'm laughing harder than I ever have at film(other than The Holy Grail). I can confidently say this was the funniest movie of the decade. Expand
  31. M.Y.
    Oct 13, 2002
    Best movie of all time.
  32. Chosimbaone
    Oct 8, 2002
    The actual critics need to go get som new jobs and.... um do something else to theirselves. this is more hilarious and zany than monty python quest for the holy grail.
  33. JasonT.
    Feb 21, 2002
    Bah, for one of the first times as a critic myself, I say "f..k the critics"! YES the movie is silly, stupid, corny, and filled with great bad jokes, but that's the whole intent. Not every comedy that comes out has to be of the highest intellectual grade. Sometimes it's just fun to laugh and not act holier than thou just because you get in the press for it. Kung Pow is Bah, for one of the first times as a critic myself, I say "f..k the critics"! YES the movie is silly, stupid, corny, and filled with great bad jokes, but that's the whole intent. Not every comedy that comes out has to be of the highest intellectual grade. Sometimes it's just fun to laugh and not act holier than thou just because you get in the press for it. Kung Pow is hillarious stuff, and Steve Oedekerk has made a fine movie for those who don't have their senses of humor drowning in the Encyclopedia Britannica. Expand
  34. JethroW.
    Feb 6, 2002
    Maybe my sense of humor is skewed or something, but let's just assume it isn't, and the critics are all wrong. The first time I saw this film, I nearly passed out. I was laughing for practically the whole movie, and I left the theater with a sore throat and ribs. This is, in all honesty, one of the funniest films I've ever seen. Don't ask me why, it just appeals to my Maybe my sense of humor is skewed or something, but let's just assume it isn't, and the critics are all wrong. The first time I saw this film, I nearly passed out. I was laughing for practically the whole movie, and I left the theater with a sore throat and ribs. This is, in all honesty, one of the funniest films I've ever seen. Don't ask me why, it just appeals to my particular sense of humor. If you've seen and enjoy Mystery Science Theater, and have seen and understand/enjoy old kung fu flicks, then go and watch this movie. Chances are you won't be disappointed, and there's always the possibility that you'll want to go see it the next day, like me. Expand
  35. WestonS.
    Feb 8, 2002
    Hilarious. It may have been done before, or better; but that's irrelevant to me because i've never seen anything like it. The funniest movie i've seen since Deuce Bigalow.
  36. D.Lee
    Sep 30, 2002
    THIS IS MY FAVOURITE MOVIE!!!...i watched it with a bunch of friends at a sleep over and none of us could stop laughing...who cares if there isn't a plot? What matters is entertainment, and this movie really hits the spot. I also watched spy game right afterwards and i honestly think it sucked compared to Kung Pow.
  37. Randy
    Feb 11, 2003
    This was the funniest movie ever. I went to the theater 5 times to see it. It was awesome.
  38. DecepticonPom
    Oct 27, 2004
    One of the most original and fun pieces of low budget comedy I've seen in years. I hope Oederkerk blesses us with something new real soon.
  39. Draconis
    Feb 20, 2005
    This is one of the most under-rated comedy movies *ever*! It seems to me the critics just didn't 'get it'. I've watched this movie over 10 times as well and I still find some jokes that I've missed before. I really hope there is a sequel!
  40. ChrisK.
    Jan 19, 2006
    Lets be serious. It is a spoof. It is dubbed. Some people will absolutely hate this movie. Much the same as a lot of my friends hated Airplain, Fletch, and History of the World. But lets be honest, it makes you laugh. Honestly, I thought I might have to be drunk to enjoy this movie. Bad Idea. I forgot half the stuff, and had to watch it sober. I still laughed like hell. It is soooooo very Lets be serious. It is a spoof. It is dubbed. Some people will absolutely hate this movie. Much the same as a lot of my friends hated Airplain, Fletch, and History of the World. But lets be honest, it makes you laugh. Honestly, I thought I might have to be drunk to enjoy this movie. Bad Idea. I forgot half the stuff, and had to watch it sober. I still laughed like hell. It is soooooo very simple. But I like that kind of humor. How simple could a line be. "I'm a man too you know, I go pee pee standing up." Think about that, if anyone of your friends came up to you and said that, you might just crap your pants laughing. I have found a movie like this sometimes will get a bad review, because people or critics will look into the plot too much, or complain about the lack of a story. Please people give it a rest. The movie was made to make us laugh, and it very simply does that. I hope they really do make a sequal to it. The hint at a sequal at the end of the movie. The did that with Spaceballs too. Oh yeah a nother movie which I am sure got bad reviews, but made me laugh. Enjoy this movie, don't watch it with your girlfriend though. Expand
  41. WallyF.
    Aug 17, 2006
    Wow. Never expected to see such a low score for this movie. I never saw it in theaters, a friend brought it over a couple years ago. I bought my own copy the very next day. This movie is destined to be a classic, though it obviously does not bridge generational gaps very well. A follow up would be very much appreciated. The only thing that kept me from giving this movie a 10 was the Wow. Never expected to see such a low score for this movie. I never saw it in theaters, a friend brought it over a couple years ago. I bought my own copy the very next day. This movie is destined to be a classic, though it obviously does not bridge generational gaps very well. A follow up would be very much appreciated. The only thing that kept me from giving this movie a 10 was the heavily-touted cow fight scene, which is very out of place and falls flat. Outside of that 3-4 minute bit, this film leaves you in stiches. If you enjoy this kinda stuff, I guarantee you'll watch it more than once. Expand
  42. KenjiC
    May 18, 2008
    One of the funniest parody movies ever imagined. Although there is little to no plot, that flaw hardly matters, because you shouldn't go to a comedy movie for the plot. But all in all, you either love this movie or you hate it.
  43. AdamS
    Sep 10, 2009
    I never get tired of watching this movie. I also never get tired of people who just don't get it. I have a pretty warped sense of humour, and even that isn't enough sometimes to get enjoyment out of this film for some people, but I most certainly do. The ending is absolutely stupid, but that goes without saying in an entirely stupid movie. But that is its charm. Please Steve, I I never get tired of watching this movie. I also never get tired of people who just don't get it. I have a pretty warped sense of humour, and even that isn't enough sometimes to get enjoyment out of this film for some people, but I most certainly do. The ending is absolutely stupid, but that goes without saying in an entirely stupid movie. But that is its charm. Please Steve, I want a sequel that's just as stupid and funny and rediculously mental as soon as possible. Expand
  44. TylerL
    Mar 29, 2010
    Very entertaining and silly. It wasn't made to make sense, thats why critics don't like it. It was entertaining nonetheless.
  45. Matt
    Aug 12, 2002
    GREAT MOVIE. Its not ment to be a serious movie. they wern't supposed to try, Thats why it's so good.
  46. BrendanC
    Dec 6, 2004
    This is the kind of movie that requires the viewer to be completely open to every form of stupid loke there is, and it is hilariously stupid...Betty...what if they did make a sequel!?
  47. PhilipF.
    Jul 16, 2007
    One of the funniest films I have ever seen. It helps if you have some familiarity with Hong Kong martial arts films. You will either love it or hate it, and I loved it.
  48. Zaf
    Nov 9, 2002
    I even laugh by thinking about this movie! na d I mean LOL.
  49. UncleBob
    Aug 19, 2003
    This movie is fun.The type of movie where you and your friends immediatley begin firing lines at each other (I could dance like that.......if I felt like it) to the puzzlement of the uninitiated and unenlightened. Odekerk delivered exactly what he had in mind, an 82 minute light hearted zany laugh fest.
  50. GeorgeO.
    Oct 15, 2004
    This is probably one of the dumbest movies I have ever seen. It is also has some of the funniest scenes I have ever seen. This movie is filled with many great lines and it certain to become a classic cult movie. My son and I have watched it together and we still end up LOL at many of the scenes.
  51. KrezK.
    Nov 15, 2006
    Easily one of the best redone movies ever. Great comedy that is just dumb enough to be a great success. To an uptight film critic who's job in life is to stare at the screen and judge, this movie may be difficult to understand. To any normal person, don't think too much and you wouln't be able to stop laughing.
  52. WesleyE.
    Mar 11, 2006
    It is a very, very sophomoric effort. There isn't any doubting this. But, Kung Pow beats the crap out of Scary Movie any day simply because it's laughable... in a good way. It's funny as hell. If you get this on DVD, watch it twice in a night. Once to see the final film, and the next to see the incredibly retarded original audio track. Freakin' priceless.
  53. DennisB.
    Mar 23, 2006
    This is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen in my life. I feel so sorry for the sacks of losers who review this and cant find humor here. People. This is not a serious movie. No one is trying to win an oscar here. It is what its supposed to be - a ridiculously silly spoof of 70s kung fu films.
  54. LucC.
    Nov 23, 2009
    I watch this movie all the time. Saddening to see the critics rating. I think they need to relax and not take a movie like this so seriously.
  55. Jul 17, 2014
    This film is random, weird, and hilarious. I don't know why the critics have rated it so low. It's a well done parody / tribute to the 70s martial art films, with out of sync hilarious voice overs. I wish they made a sequel for this. I don't care what the negative reviews have to say, this film was brilliant.
  56. Aug 5, 2013
    This one of those movie in which the main purpose is to give light hearted comedic reliefs. I do not know why this was panned by critics, maybe because of the less number of cast but nonetheless it was a funny movie to watch with lots of crazy sequences and some good old references to the Hong Kong's 70's era Kung Fu movies.
  57. DanaG.
    Sep 10, 2002
    Comic genius, clever and innovative.
  58. KMan
    Jan 25, 2004
    From the previews, I figured the movie would be pure silliness without any funny moments. I avoided renting it for awhile. When I finally did rent it as a DVD, I was pleasantly surprised. Some parts were funnier than others, while some parts weren't all that funny, but on the whole the movie was quite entertaining. The funniest parts were VERY funny. I still find myself laughing From the previews, I figured the movie would be pure silliness without any funny moments. I avoided renting it for awhile. When I finally did rent it as a DVD, I was pleasantly surprised. Some parts were funnier than others, while some parts weren't all that funny, but on the whole the movie was quite entertaining. The funniest parts were VERY funny. I still find myself laughing hysterically when thinking about the narrator describe the impossibility of punching out a person's guts as a single piece, or The Chosen One's reaction to having a thermometer broken over his bleeding hands, or Musufasa speaking to "Chosimba One," or the whininess of Ling, or the ventriliquists, or the reaction of the nun-chaka toting warriors to The Chosen One's use of makeshift groundhog-chakas, or the test of invulnerability that ultimately backfired on The Chosen One. Any of these parts were done well enough to cause great laughter, even though silliness was thrown in. I even enjoyed the Meadow creature fight (the cow.) And the squeaky shoes of Wimp Lo. It was silly, but also very funny at times and overall this movie made you forget about the daily grind and just wack out in its bizarre array of jokes. Steve O. added enough weird things, like Tongey, to daze and confuse his audience so that even the people who weren't smoking pot would be in the right mindset to appreciate his work of art. All in all, although I'm not a fan of purely silly movies, this flick had enough laughs in it, and large enough laughs, to recommend to others. It will not cause an anal retentive person to laugh, though. You must voluntarily check in your logical thinking at the door to appreciate its "genius." Finally, one last thing. The DVD came with three versions: the movie version, the undubbed version and the book-on-tape version, along with many bonus features. I found the DVD quite enjoyable and I look forward to renting the movie again and hearing the book-on-tape version completely, the whole concept being very funny to begin with. Expand
  59. AndyM.
    Feb 9, 2007
    I like this movie. I don't care what other people say. What sold me: "Weee-Ohhh-Weee-Ohhh-Weeeeeee!"
  60. BenJ.
    Oct 9, 2008
    Sit down, watch, laugh. Slightly nerdy, but in a good way.
  61. NoahC.
    Sep 6, 2008
    One of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Is it a good movie? Heck no. Is it funny? Hilarious! Some reviewers actually complain that the dubbing is bad and the plot is no good. And I ask, could you possibly NOT GET it any more? I've seen it several times and I hope the sequel gets made some day.
  62. BritK.
    Mar 2, 2002
    This movie kicked ass! There were few points when I wasn't laughing... and those were the split second breathing points between laughing. If it hadn't been for guys like Ryan M., it could have possibly been the funniest movie ever. Sure, I had trouble getting my friends to go see it, but once I dragged their asses into the theatre, they were glad they had gone. Everyone I know, This movie kicked ass! There were few points when I wasn't laughing... and those were the split second breathing points between laughing. If it hadn't been for guys like Ryan M., it could have possibly been the funniest movie ever. Sure, I had trouble getting my friends to go see it, but once I dragged their asses into the theatre, they were glad they had gone. Everyone I know, who saw it, loved it. Hopefully, Oedekerk's planned trilogy will be finished, even if it has to be put straight to video. When this movie comes out on video, go rent it, or better yet... BUY IT! You won't regret it! And Ryan M... get a f...... sense of humor, everyone else does! Expand
  63. AsrarS.
    Aug 30, 2002
    It made me laugh out loud from start to finish. Brilliant fun for the family! Can't wait for the sequel!!!
  64. MattQ.
    Oct 26, 2003
    This is really fun. Silliest stuff since Monty Python. Critics slam the strangest things, don't they?
  65. BreshV.
    Dec 6, 2003
    ''el maestro de la kung-fu sion'' podria la película más graciosa y desopilante que vi en mi enteros 15 años!!!!!! ultramENTE recoMendadA!!!!!
  66. DavidH.
    Feb 10, 2003
    Hello! the greatest movie ever made! Oedekerk is a genius. See this movie! And then see it again. And again. Seriously, it just gets better every time.
  67. OllyB.
    Feb 21, 2003
    I still haven't recovered from this film yet. It's a masterpiece.
  68. FGF
    Mar 25, 2003
    Cool move.
  69. BillB.
    Apr 1, 2003
    This movie, and Steve Oedekerk, get a big 10 in my book! Not only is the movie extermely funny, but it is a work of genius... and as such it allows the genius and moron alike to sit and watch a film (through the tears of laughter) without having to once figure out or follow a plotline. Infact, the very fact that there is no plot is one of the great qualities of this little gem. At a time This movie, and Steve Oedekerk, get a big 10 in my book! Not only is the movie extermely funny, but it is a work of genius... and as such it allows the genius and moron alike to sit and watch a film (through the tears of laughter) without having to once figure out or follow a plotline. Infact, the very fact that there is no plot is one of the great qualities of this little gem. At a time when Holllyweird is churning out big budget, low quality, un-amusing films, Steve and the gang have given us one of the greates comedy spoofs of all time. Aww heck. THE greatest comedy spoof of all time! I've read the "critics" reviews and for the most part disagreed with 99% of them. I loved this film and watch it several times a week. And each time I watch it I discover some new bits that I somehow missed before. Must have been because I was rolling in the floor laughing so often. Big 10 Steve! You the Chosen One! Now open your mouth! Bill B. Expand
  70. J.D.H.
    Jun 23, 2003
    OH MY GOD!!! This movie is probably the funniest movie I've ever seen! WEE-OOH! I almost suffocated from laughing so much. Funny all the way! And SCREW THOSE DAMN CRITICS!
  71. BrandonE.
    Jun 30, 2003
    this is the best movie i have ever seen if i could i would give it 9999999999999 out of 10, i cant rember a part that was not funny.
  72. AndThenHEkilledthedogakaMasterBetty
    Jun 30, 2003
    OMFG this is the funniest movie ive seen in my entire life (out of the 100,000 and more). The characters make the movie the greatest comedy ever. All you critiks can kiss Bettys ass because u dont have any humour. And then he killed the dog :)
  73. StephenS.
    Jun 9, 2003
    If you ever enjoyed Kung-Fu theatre as a kid, this movie is for you. Keep in mind that they dubbed over a cheesy kung fu classic, and did a great job of it. If you don't enjoy campy films, have never enjoyed even a moment of a martial arts film, then this movie is not for you. If you love the bad dubbing, absurd acrobatics and ridiculous sound effects used in some of the older kung If you ever enjoyed Kung-Fu theatre as a kid, this movie is for you. Keep in mind that they dubbed over a cheesy kung fu classic, and did a great job of it. If you don't enjoy campy films, have never enjoyed even a moment of a martial arts film, then this movie is not for you. If you love the bad dubbing, absurd acrobatics and ridiculous sound effects used in some of the older kung fu classics, you could accidentally choke on your own spit you'll be laughing so hard at this film. Think Kentucky Fried Movie. Expand
  74. CameronS.
    Jul 30, 2003
    I love'd it so much i had to buy it!!!!
  75. RabA.
    Aug 15, 2003
    The critics really are mean. This movie is pretty good and the lead actor looks a lot like Ben Stiller.
  76. BobS.
    Nov 1, 2004
    GREEEAT.
  77. satyamJ.
    Dec 8, 2004
    One of the best comedies I've seen lately ! Don't think, just laugh. Great movie.
  78. RichardC.
    Oct 30, 2004
    This film is a masterpiece! Ignore all the bad reviews, if you don't like this film your'e generally a dead boring person with no imagination.
  79. BettyakaMasterPain
    May 13, 2004
    This has to be the best movie i have ever seen!! i would recommend it to anyone anyday!
  80. BastianK.
    Aug 11, 2004
    Its one of the most funny movies i've ever seen. !!!
  81. TimO.
    Sep 24, 2004
    It was the funniest movie i ever saw.
  82. KarlaC.
    Sep 7, 2004
    This movie is so freackin' funny, ya'll should watch it. It'll have you laughing from the beggining to the end,...very very funny!!! And for now on my name is Betty! ;D
  83. AndresP.
    Jun 4, 2005
    Without a doubt the funniest movie of all time, underrated to the bone, never mind the critics who have deprived themselves from enjoying it, it is a parody to love.
  84. Dorien
    Jul 1, 2005
    Seen the hours ago...and still laughing :D....THis is a must see !
  85. tonguee
    Jul 2, 2005
    I know this is an old one but I just watched it again (for the umpteenth time) and I just want to say how much I love this movie! The old guy swallowing not one, but two moths had me laughing so hard I had to watch it again just to hear the following jokes. Steve, you rock and roll all day long, sweet Suzy!
  86. MaxS.
    Jul 5, 2005
    Wee-ooo-wee-ooo-wee-ooo.
  87. CanZ.
    Feb 6, 2006
    It is one of the funniest films i have ever seen. i was laughing all the way through it.
  88. DracoC.
    Aug 8, 2006
    Dude like this movie rules i dont care what the critics say, they probably were high on ballpoint pen ink or perhaps green flamingoes...or maybe theyre just squares who cant appreciate the beauty of such random nonsense! *tacks another ten onto my vote*
  89. vidMan
    Oct 1, 2007
    I LOVE this movie. There are so many jokes that were implemented in this movie that I've always wanted to see - and here they are. The movie is funny from beginning to end with just a few snoozers. I wish there was a sequel.
  90. BillB
    Jul 9, 2007
    The first scene of this movie made me laugh so hard that I almost died laughing. I delivers laugh after laugh and is consistently funny. I already have a copy of it, but it was so good that I would even buy a second one!
  91. JohnDoe
    Sep 12, 2007
    It's a very hilarious movie, with great acting and meaningful plot... jokes bout that but hell funny. My favorite movie as of yet, its is a good distraction. Not for the oldies tho.
  92. Akshay
    Aug 17, 2008
    Absolutely hilarious , from the beginning till the end . All hail the comic-genius Oedekerk .
  93. TorbenU.
    Apr 1, 2009
    This is by far my favorite movie. I admit the first time I watched it, it was not worth 2 hours of my life, but after that I laughed non-stop.
  94. CocoBunny
    Jun 23, 2009
    A brilliant spoof of the martial arts genre. While some of it is visually rough (the CGI cow, for example), I think that's the point. What is a good martial arts movie without some bad special effects? This is a fantastically quoteworthy movie with a delightfully sophomoric sense of humor. Those of you who know and love old kung fu movies will get the jokes.
  95. RyanL
    Jan 5, 2010
    This movie is a classic stupid funny movie that does what films are meant to do entertain. No it did not have characters you could relate to but, you sure as heck laugh at them.
  96. KyleR
    Jan 6, 2010
    I laughed hard from beginning to end during this film. One of the funniest films i have ever seen, by far!!
  97. ErikM
    Mar 18, 2010
    I saw this in theaters and have since gone on to purchase the DVD. It's brought me nothing but joy, and is one of the most quoted movies between one of my friends and I. The humor and timing are perfect and the mockery it makes of some of the old Kung Fu tropes is divine. It's refreshing whenever a genre savvy director isn't actually afraid to show it off. I honestly feel I saw this in theaters and have since gone on to purchase the DVD. It's brought me nothing but joy, and is one of the most quoted movies between one of my friends and I. The humor and timing are perfect and the mockery it makes of some of the old Kung Fu tropes is divine. It's refreshing whenever a genre savvy director isn't actually afraid to show it off. I honestly feel that this film got a bad rap, but it truly does seem to be a Love it or Hate it film. Your Mileage May Vary, but at least give it a chance. Too bad there will never likely be a sequel as "previewed" before the credits roll. Expand
  98. johnm
    Mar 20, 2010
    This movie was constantly hilarious and although there were some unfunny jokes, the movie in its entirety was extremely entertaining. Critics often want to portray themselves as intellectuals and thus rate these types of movies very lowly. Kung Pow is a parody of bad kung fu movies and exceeds at this task. All in all, the movie is funny and NOT supposed to have some kind of thematic This movie was constantly hilarious and although there were some unfunny jokes, the movie in its entirety was extremely entertaining. Critics often want to portray themselves as intellectuals and thus rate these types of movies very lowly. Kung Pow is a parody of bad kung fu movies and exceeds at this task. All in all, the movie is funny and NOT supposed to have some kind of thematic message or revealing motif. It was made to be funny, and nothing else. This movie was entertaining. half the people who rate it lowly probably laughed all the way through it but wanted to portray themselves in a certain way. Expand
  99. AndrewM.
    Oct 22, 2002
    A hilarious spoof of all those kung fu movies I used to watch when I was in grade school. Stupid? Yes Ridiculous? Yes Funny? Yes. My friends and I throw the various funny lines around at opportune times: "Swinging a chain, on top of a waterfall . . ." "I implore you . . . o.k., I'll do it," etc. Funny stuff.
  100. Brian
    Jan 29, 2002
    If you liked hotshots or any other "twisted" movie go check out KUNG POW. Those stupid critcs dont know that they made it look old for comedy. c'mon if u see a dog's lips move than 20 secs later you here "Woof" Best movie ever(almost) and if youve got short attention, don't worrie cause there is a laugh at every corner and every (second) c'mon and don't follow If you liked hotshots or any other "twisted" movie go check out KUNG POW. Those stupid critcs dont know that they made it look old for comedy. c'mon if u see a dog's lips move than 20 secs later you here "Woof" Best movie ever(almost) and if youve got short attention, don't worrie cause there is a laugh at every corner and every (second) c'mon and don't follow those retarded crics so ENTER THE FISTS. Expand

Overwhelming dislike - based on 14 Critics

Where the hell are those Hollywood Ninja Assassins when you really need 'em?
  2. Reviewed by: Eddie Cockrell
    Consistently silly and intermittently laugh-out-loud funny spoof.
  3. Silly, perfect fun.