4.7

1. Aug 23, 2013
    This movie is incredibly stupid in Abel's motivations make no sense. He claims his kids are his number 1 priority and then goes to great lengths to kill the neighbors? Now they are fatherless! That makes no sense. And if Abel is this crazy about interrelationships do you really think he would have made it 28 years in the force being this dirty?

The acting sucks. Nothing actually
    happens in the movie but Samuel L Jackson making everyone involved uncomfortable, including the viewers. Expand
  2. Aug 4, 2014
    Here we are! Possibly, the worst Samuel L. Jackson movie ever. I can't imagine how a movie can be so racist and so incoherent as this one. The acting is solid but the characters are tasteless and the motivations leaves you insanely asking: WHAT THE F*CK IS ABEL TURNER'S PROBLEM ON INTERRACIAL MARRIAGE? WHY THE F*CK HE KEEPS TERRORIZING THAT MARRIAGE EVERY F*CKING TIME? WHY ABEL HAS A JOB AS POLICE OFFICER FOR F*CKING 28 YEARS? WHY IS CHRIS SUCH A P*SSY? WHY CHRIS AND LISA DO SEX ON THE SWIMMING POOL? WHY DOESN'T CHRIS TELLS TO ABEL LIKE THIS "HEY, F*CKING MORON. IF YOU DON'T STOP DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING WITH NO F*CKING REASON, I'M GONNA KICK YOUR F*CKING ASS"? WHY IS CHRIS AFRAID OF HIM? WHY ARE THE SCREENWRITERS MAKING US INNERVATED INSTEAD OF AFRAID? AND FINALLY, HOW IN THE F*CKING GOODY HELL DOES A COP THINK HE CAN HAVE OVERABUNDANCE OF POWER LIKE THAT?

Maybe I'm over-exaggerating but the thing is that the director wants to keep us update with the homophobic community we live nowadays but with this movie...it just doesn't work. The villain is always supposed to be a badass or at least decent. But, Samuel's character is such a pretentious **** He's always f*cking around and making scary faces. Jesus, everytime he was on screen, I just wanted to punch him in the f*cking face. It's not normal for a movie to have such idiocy provided by that moron! And Chris is a f*cking chicken. How many times I wanted to penetrate into the television just to tell him "Hey, you f*cking idiot. Be a man! Kick him in the fruits!"? I'm so nervous right now that I can't stop overusing the word "f*ck". This movie is responsible for that!

Of course, there was some good things like the final act. The part when Chris uses the death of Abel's wife in order to piss him off must be my favorite parts of the movie. It gave me chills. Other things that stands out was Samuel L. Jackson's performance who I must admit, he did a good job with the role he was given. However, the movie ends in a way very disappointing.

In conclusion, this movie is racist, painful, bland and completely stupid. On my part, this movie is an insult to my nervous system. Jesus, what a breakthrough!

1. Reviewed by: Sura Wood
    The film, absent a sense of place and populated by repellent or weak characters, soon devolves into an increasingly foul litany of events.
  2. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    Delivers fairly tense and engrossing drama before succumbing to thriller convention.
    It's a shame, then, that the later stages of Lakeview Terrace should overheat and spill into silliness. The plot is compromised, not resolved, by the pulling of a gun.