Land of the Lost

4.9

1. Feb 19, 2011
    Hey, I'm a Movie Lover so basically I love all movies, I'm not really a Will Ferell fan (The only movie I really liked of his was Stranger Than Fiction) But, this Land of the Lost, It wasn't awesome, and it wasn't bad either, it was cute, Like just something to watch when your bored or really high.........
  2. MelissaP
    Jul 15, 2009
    I cannot believe a snoozer like "The Hangover" got mostly good reviews while this gem got the gun. I guess it's about hitting an easy target. This movie was supposed to be cheesy, just like the original cartoon. I don't think anyone involved saw the chance of an Oscar nomination, just an enjoyable romp, which this is! See it and enjoy.
  3. Jacob
    Feb 6, 2010
    Land of the Lost is a good movie all around.. For starters, the Land of the Lost is a cool setting that really sucks ou in with its cool and warm atmosphere. The characters are amusing. However, the jokes aren't extremly funny and most of the laughter was forced. Nonetheless, this is one movie that's worth checking out.
  4. AaronJ
    Jun 11, 2010
    Loved this movie from start to finsh, i admit Will Ferrells comedy is abit odd to most people but his humor in this movie works like a charm. I got this movie off a friend not knowing what it was about and now its one of my all time favorites. do your self a favor and watch it & ignore all the critics.
  5. Nate
    Jun 10, 2009
    This movie really surprised me.. i went into it believing everything i read that it was going to be bad..but i underestimated one part....how funny Danny McBride is. He made this movie funny..yes Mr. Ferrell had some good lines but i think this was one very under rated summer comdedy...heck, i might go see it again!
  6. Scott
    Jun 20, 2009
    Not UP! or Citizen Kane- this movie is being overly beaten up by fans & the press. Quite amusing, nice visuals (you would expect cable access TV quality according to critics), and while not Ferrell's best, a fun, worthy summer distraction.....don't believe the gripe!
  7. DanielM.
    Jun 5, 2009
    Enjoyed every minute. A lot of fun; not dragged down by some hidden agenda or subliminal message.
  8. FredL.
    Jun 6, 2009
    I thought it was one of the funniest films I have seen in years. It showed how funny the cheesiness of the original show was. It played to every one of those elements beautifully. I don't understand how no one is getting that.
  9. David
    Aug 23, 2009
    The best will ferrell movie yet. I don't know why it got the reviews it did. It was funny and adventure. Sure Will Ferrell has some really stupid funny comedy that some may not appreciate. But, most of it was actually funny. See this movie!
  10. BiffulaC
    Jun 1, 2010
    Look, you either get these kind of movies and Will Ferrell and his type of humor or you dont. But if you get it, you'll laugh at quite a bit of this movie. Danny McBride almost steals it from Ferrell. I've seen it 6 times and chuckled my @ss off each time. Good Stuff. Reviewers who dont get Ferrell and his type of comedy need to get bent and find another career.
  11. MattM
    Jun 10, 2009
    I don't understand what the big deal? I thought it was really funny, and better put together than The Hangover, though I liked that too. Yes, it's stock Ferrell, and nothing new to speak of, but I found it a lot of fun. What do you expect from a sci-fi comedy based on a first horrible, now cult TV show? Oscar buzz? I believe this movie, like the show, will find its place once on DVD.
  12. RichieF
    Jun 17, 2009
    Please don't listen to the reviewers and their negative opinions of this HYSTERICAL film. I was not expecting much from this movie when I went to see it, but now I want to see it again! Of course it's not an award winning movie by any means but it is very funny! All of the negative reviews for 'Land of the Lost' proves that reviewers have seemed to lost the enjoyment Please don't listen to the reviewers and their negative opinions of this HYSTERICAL film. I was not expecting much from this movie when I went to see it, but now I want to see it again! Of course it's not an award winning movie by any means but it is very funny! All of the negative reviews for 'Land of the Lost' proves that reviewers have seemed to lost the enjoyment in watching a movie and look at it way too critically and forget what many viewers actually care about. This was a very fun and highly enjoyable movie! I laughed a lot! Expand
  13. xoux
    Jun 18, 2009
    This film isn't as bad is people say it is. its no "the hangover" or "up" but it gives you what every will ferral movies give. slapstick fun, verbal abuse, and idiotic moments. what kind of film did people expect willl ferral to make anyways. it was slow at times but it delivers in a cheap kind of way.
  14. GregB
    Jun 18, 2009
    I don't get why everyone is so down on this movie, This movie is exactly what it set out to be and its hysterical. I have never seen the original show but this is bound to go down in dvd history.
  15. shadoww
    Jun 25, 2009
    Yes, it was cheesy, but somewhat goofy/funny... what did you expect, an Oscar nominee?
  16. Shannon
    Jun 5, 2009
    More satire than adaption, this films strikes a chord as a clever (and knowing) poke at how misguided a hollywood remake can get. This is a comedy. Expect that, don't take anything seriously, and that's what you'll get.
  17. BryanK.
    Jun 6, 2009
    This film is very disturbing and vulgar at the same time. There are scenes of the ape-man touching the female leads breasts and of at least 1-2 curse words per scene. However I loved every moment of this film update of the late 70's TV series. Will Ferrell, Danny R. McBride, and Anna Friel deliver comical and excellent performances. It was never dull and left me laughing even after This film is very disturbing and vulgar at the same time. There are scenes of the ape-man touching the female leads breasts and of at least 1-2 curse words per scene. However I loved every moment of this film update of the late 70's TV series. Will Ferrell, Danny R. McBride, and Anna Friel deliver comical and excellent performances. It was never dull and left me laughing even after it ended. It is hilarious in every sense of the word!!! Expand
  18. Jon
    Jun 7, 2009
    I went into this film with extremely low expectations. I personally, am one of the fans of the original tv show and I was shocked at the idea of them turning this into a comedy. That being said, it is a decent comedy (not a great one, but decent). It offers up exactly what the trailers promised and that's how it should be judged. My only regret about this film is that it may have I went into this film with extremely low expectations. I personally, am one of the fans of the original tv show and I was shocked at the idea of them turning this into a comedy. That being said, it is a decent comedy (not a great one, but decent). It offers up exactly what the trailers promised and that's how it should be judged. My only regret about this film is that it may have killed any chances of a serious remake of this great CHILDREN'S action/adventure/sci-fi television series. Maybe the producers of the last Hulk incarnation will deem this show worthy enough to do a proper remake. Once again, I feel it worth saying that if you judge this movie on it's own merits, it is a decent comedy. Perhaps people can same some money and rent it instead of going to the theatres and paying full price. Expand
  19. JarredS.
    Jul 24, 2009
    How can you people that hate this movie not like slapstick and just plain retarded humor?! I think that this material is freakin' hilarious!
  20. JimD
    Nov 18, 2009
    If you like Will Ferrell, you'll like this movie. Danny McBride is also hilarious as his usual redneck self. For some reason these critics are expecting Ferrell to keep coming back with Stranger than Fiction type follow-ups. He's a comic actor, and a brilliant one. If you don't get it, you're not doing yourself or anyone elsea favour by going to his movies and then If you like Will Ferrell, you'll like this movie. Danny McBride is also hilarious as his usual redneck self. For some reason these critics are expecting Ferrell to keep coming back with Stranger than Fiction type follow-ups. He's a comic actor, and a brilliant one. If you don't get it, you're not doing yourself or anyone elsea favour by going to his movies and then panning them. Expand
  21. RickB
    Oct 16, 2009
    This movie was a blast. I laughed over and over. It had little if any resemblance to the TV show from my childhood. But as usual, Ebert loves it and so do I. It's stupid and funny. Maybe it's because my life has been filled with enough tragedy and comedy that I don't need that in my movies to enjoy them. Note to self: don't be a reviewer of movies, my life is clearly This movie was a blast. I laughed over and over. It had little if any resemblance to the TV show from my childhood. But as usual, Ebert loves it and so do I. It's stupid and funny. Maybe it's because my life has been filled with enough tragedy and comedy that I don't need that in my movies to enjoy them. Note to self: don't be a reviewer of movies, my life is clearly too interesting. Expand
  22. StephenR
    Jun 13, 2009
    Don't know why reviewers decided to hate this, I thought it was hysterical. It was sort of like being stoned, I guess similar to the original. Don't listen to anyone, if you have an inmature sense of humor go see this movie.
  23. Kyle
    Jun 15, 2009
    If you are looking for a trip down memory lane....do not see this movie! It seems the people that did not enjoy this film are either grammatically disinclined, trying to take it seriously, or just plain stupid (because they actually enjoyed the original series). Seriously people! It's perfectly fitting to make a movie that makes fun of the ridiculousness of that series. The movie is If you are looking for a trip down memory lane....do not see this movie! It seems the people that did not enjoy this film are either grammatically disinclined, trying to take it seriously, or just plain stupid (because they actually enjoyed the original series). Seriously people! It's perfectly fitting to make a movie that makes fun of the ridiculousness of that series. The movie is SUPPOSED to be silly and fun. DON'T SEE IT IF YOU CAN CREATE DIAMONDS OUT OF COAL WITH YOUR *SS!!! Expand
  24. Oct 26, 2010
    a funny film i thought . i do remember waching the original tv show as a kid but i was like 8 and that was 20+ years ago and really dont remember much of any thing about it. no im sure its not very accurate to the original tv show and i think if it was might have been kind of boring actaully but ferrel and mcbride give it a nice spice of commedy that if you dont like ferrels humor youa funny film i thought . i do remember waching the original tv show as a kid but i was like 8 and that was 20+ years ago and really dont remember much of any thing about it. no im sure its not very accurate to the original tv show and i think if it was might have been kind of boring actaully but ferrel and mcbride give it a nice spice of commedy that if you dont like ferrels humor you probubly wont like this film. he is hit or miss with me but this one was a hit and i had some good laughs waching it. Expand
  25. Feb 6, 2011
    I seriously don't know what's up with the critics. This is so funny and awesome.
  26. Sep 6, 2012
    This. Move. Was. Stupid.
    But that's the point.
    This movie was so stupid it was funny. The effects weren't Avatar, but they weren't a midnight television show either. They did get a lot wrong, most importantly that the original was a children's show and this was NOT a children's movie at all, but it was still amusing. The plot wasn't complicated: it takes a very simple minded person to
    This. Move. Was. Stupid.
    But that's the point.
    The plot wasn't complicated: it takes a very simple minded person to figure it out, but it wasn't the best plot.
    I don't get why people hated it so much, it was supposed to be the stupidest movie ever AND it was supposed to be cheesy. The jokes aren't always funny, but they can be really funny when they want to be.
    I would give a whole summary of it but I don't have the time.

1. Land of the Lost has stray amusing tidbits, but overall it leaves you feeling splattered.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    The result is a movie with an exceedingly narrow target audience that should test Will Ferrell's appeal among boys maybe ages 12-14 -- about the only demo likely able to endure this laborious mess.
    A turd of T-Rex proportions, Land of the Lost makes one remember last summer's "Speed Racer" fondly.