2.9

1. Nov 7, 2014
    Yet another Nicholas Cage action film that doesn't hit it hard. Very dramatic and boring, Left Behind is very bland, and is not what I had in mind when I read the description, misleading...
  2. Nov 8, 2014
    Such movies are needed for this world. Very powerful film, instead to show just sex and violation, Hollywood has made great film based on Bible. People! Please believe in God and in that Day which is coming! Thank you all who played in this awesome movie. People! Please read the Bible and be prepare and ready, because we don't know when Jesus will take His Church. God bless America!
  3. Oct 29, 2014
    To critique this movie is quite difficult. If u are a Christian believer, then you will probably love it; and if you're not then you'll probably hate it. Its about the rapture, and it could very easily be Christian documentary. All in all, decent acting, a good script but all quite predictable in the end. The characters are interesting, and keeps you watching the movie, but after awhile,To critique this movie is quite difficult. If u are a Christian believer, then you will probably love it; and if you're not then you'll probably hate it. Its about the rapture, and it could very easily be Christian documentary. All in all, decent acting, a good script but all quite predictable in the end. The characters are interesting, and keeps you watching the movie, but after awhile, it just gets way too dull. There are some really god awful movies out there, so if you have nothing better to do, then watch this. Expand
  4. Oct 8, 2014
    This has to be one of the worst films of 2014 so far. The actors have the most horrible acting I've seen in years. The plot is so boring and you can easily figure out what will happen next. I do not recommend.
  5. Oct 10, 2014
    I can clearly see that Nicholas Cage kills the movies. Like, every movie he goes through goes down the drain. But, as a user review, I can clearly say that this movie when from ok to the most **** movie I have ever seen in my entire life. If I would relate this to Birdnemic, It has its similarities except for the birds. The movies are both **** I gave a one because Nicholas Cage. ButI can clearly see that Nicholas Cage kills the movies. Like, every movie he goes through goes down the drain. But, as a user review, I can clearly say that this movie when from ok to the most **** movie I have ever seen in my entire life. If I would relate this to Birdnemic, It has its similarities except for the birds. The movies are both **** I gave a one because Nicholas Cage. But everything is just a zero. Expand
  6. Oct 23, 2014
    This movie was made to pander to Christian fundamentalists that hope for the rapture. These people believe that they are in a private club of believers that will be let into heaven on judgement day. If this movie accurately reflects your idea of god, then you are a horrible person!
  7. Oct 7, 2014
    Fear mongering of the worst kind, based on Jim Jenkins and Tim LaHaye's writings; whom they stole from John Nelson Darby's writings, a 19th-century theologian...and not the bible. See it for the laughs, but not much else.
  8. Oct 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have to say, as someone who is a Christian, I do find this movie to be a good representation of the source material (Mainly the Left Behind book). Whether you agree with dispensationalist theology or not this movie was at least very well done on the budget they had, and the story at least keeps you in your seat. No, not all of the movie was great, there were some cheesy moments. This is kept to a minimal however, and I felt that the movie really did to a good job of keeping characters in your thoughts, and actually made you care about them in some way. No, if you are not a Christian you will probably not like the movie. In the same way, I feel that a lot of the hate towards this movie is that it is not mainstream.

Some basic things that would have improved the movie would have been to allow the Christians in the movie that seemed very pushy to be a bit more lifelike. They probably had the stiffest acting, and I felt like not enough screen time with these people hurt us caring where they went. Obviously we went into the movie theater with the idea of where they went, but still, it would have been nice to let us have a bit of time with them and to understand their struggles.

Overall, I would say that if you liked the book series you will thoroughly enjoy the movie. This is literally just a movie regarding the first book though. It does not cover post rapture things, it just goes through the rapture and does not go a step beyond that. There will be sequels according to some sources.
  9. Oct 4, 2014
    This is the funniest movie I have seen all year. First you have to see the movie in a heightened state of mind with a group of at least four people.You can not see this movie sober. Ad lib as many as the lines as possible (don't worry your neighbors will join in) and shout "Amen" or alternatively "Devil Be Gone" every-time anything religious or biblical is mentioned. I swear you will haveThis is the funniest movie I have seen all year. First you have to see the movie in a heightened state of mind with a group of at least four people.You can not see this movie sober. Ad lib as many as the lines as possible (don't worry your neighbors will join in) and shout "Amen" or alternatively "Devil Be Gone" every-time anything religious or biblical is mentioned. I swear you will have the time of your life. Roomer is that Woody Allen is negotiating to buy the rights and redo the movie as a farce Expand
  10. Dec 2, 2014
    What a load of c***. One of the most stupid, boring lame ass movies released this year. Nicolas Cage is a pretty good actor but that alone cannot save this movie from being s***. Story sucks big time.
  11. Oct 22, 2014
    Just crap.............................................................................................................................................
  12. Nov 11, 2014
    I love all of these people who say that "the film was made on a small budget" as if it's a good excuse for it to be crappy. This movie was made with a budget of $16 million! That may not be as large as some blockbusters, but it's a pretty big budget.You want to see low budget? Go watch an indie flick! There are tons of great indie feature out there, many made with a budget of less thanI love all of these people who say that "the film was made on a small budget" as if it's a good excuse for it to be crappy. This movie was made with a budget of $16 million! That may not be as large as some blockbusters, but it's a pretty big budget.You want to see low budget? Go watch an indie flick! There are tons of great indie feature out there, many made with a budget of less than $10,000! Go watch one, some of them are pretty good (and most are better than this piece of crap). Expand
  13. Dec 28, 2014
    This is one of those guilty pleasure movies that you realize that everything within the film is bad, from the acting to the production to the script, but for some odd reason, there's that little fragment of your heart that kind of enjoys it. Kind of. But don't get me wrong, this movie sucks.
  14. Oct 3, 2014
    I'll avoid here (as often seems to be the case reading the critic reviews) making this review a critique of religion, rather than a critique of the movie, and presume a baseline "suspension of disbelief" one might apply to, say, a mainstream science fiction, action drama, or fantasy movie. The movie does indeed require that, both for the nonreligious and for those not agreeing with theI'll avoid here (as often seems to be the case reading the critic reviews) making this review a critique of religion, rather than a critique of the movie, and presume a baseline "suspension of disbelief" one might apply to, say, a mainstream science fiction, action drama, or fantasy movie. The movie does indeed require that, both for the nonreligious and for those not agreeing with the literalist and future-looking interpretation often favored by Evangelicals in particular.

In overview, the movie has an odd disparity of quality between broadly the first half and the second--it almost seems as if an entirely different producer took over midway. The general presentation of the first half seems rather amateurish. The dialogue is generally wooden in presentation and simplistic in writing quality (from my after-movie discussion with someone who knows, it does not correspond with the books). It does serve as needed exposition for the characters one will be expected to know well enough to feel some concern for later in the movie, but one gets the sense of production values more on the level of a local play than a big-budget Hollywood feature. The first half lacks even anything notable in terms of soundtrack, which it seems it could have definitely benefited from.

The second half is considerably better, and led by Cage's acting capabilities (which are noticeably and persistently categorically higher than anyone else's in the film) does reach moments of affecting drama, and gratefully, a quality soundtrack backing finally kicks in. The special effects are creditable and on a par with other "airline disaster" films. How one will view the overall plot line and resolution of the film, compared to others of that type, though, will be highly informed by how one views the "context" within which this film would be a short episode.
  15. Nov 2, 2014
    I just watched Left Behind and I have to say for those who actually read the 13 books, myself included this movie is laughable at best and down right aggravating at worse, I mean it really pissed me off to watch it. When I saw the trailers I was a little apprehensive in that Hollywood has a way of butchering some of the best books and making them into movie disasters but this one takes theI just watched Left Behind and I have to say for those who actually read the 13 books, myself included this movie is laughable at best and down right aggravating at worse, I mean it really pissed me off to watch it. When I saw the trailers I was a little apprehensive in that Hollywood has a way of butchering some of the best books and making them into movie disasters but this one takes the cake. This book is suppose to be about the apocalypse. How did it get to be about Nicholas Cage piloting a plane and the peoples reactions and about Cassi Thompson saving the plane and just a little about the rapture. Firstly Cassi Thompson as Chloe Steele was grossly misrepresented and Nicholas Cage as Rayford Steele was laughable the state of shock he was in for the entire movie was hilarious. My advice for anyone watching this movie, read the books you'll enjoy them more. Movie was poorly made, poorly taught out, should have stuck to the book it would have made the movie Epic!. So disappointed, always wanted this book series to be made into a movie and then This Happens. Will not recommend this to anyone. SMH. Expand
  16. Oct 5, 2014
    It seems to me that the negative reviews this movie is getting is mostly concerning the subject matter and not the overall quality of the movie. I saw it in an almost full theater and the audience was cheering and clapping at the end. Different strokes for different folks.

The movie was obviously not on a big budget and had some of the cliche "action movie" stunts in it, but overall the movie was very good. If you are down on Christianity, you will most likely rate this movie low. If you love Jesus, you will most likely like it.

Don't expect a triple A movie experience. It's more of a made for TV type quality. If you are open to the subject matter, it will be an enjoyable experience though.
  17. Oct 11, 2014
    This could well be the most important film Mr. Nicholas Cage will ever make.

This could well be the most important film Mr. Nicholas Cage will ever make.

If the film seems unreal to you as it begins, join the club. As a Christian who not only has written a book about this particular Biblical prophecy, but is preparing to publish a second, more extensive work on the subject, it is a privilege to review a Hollywood production that actually deals with unfamiliar reality.

"Left Behind" grapples with a prediction coming in the near future from a Book that has never missed on any prophecy it has ever proclaimed.

As Cage's character says in one scene, "This is not about you or me."

Based on the blockbuster books of Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins, and the films that followed suit, "Left Behind," is more compelling than when the initial impact hit from the first book in the series entitled "Left Behind."

What seems like eons back in our movie-saturated lives, was in fact only a couple decades or so. But then, who keeps track anymore, anyway? Only historians, and who listens to them?

For life is truly 'swifter than a weaver's shuttle,' as intoned by Job nearly four millenia ago.

That the public reception does not resemble Hollywood gi-taculars, Jesus was not elected the Mayor of Jerusalem. His Word, as His Book, only skyrocketed after He came out of the grave, being seen alive by a crowd of over 500 eye-witnesses at once on one documented occasion.

Cage was asked why he was doing this film in one interview before the release of the picture. He replied, "Because I never thought about this before."

This film won't convince you to believe in Jesus. In fact you're going to have to listen and watch very close to even find a Bible thread in the story.

But while you're eating dinner at your local dine-in theatre, watching the story unfold, you are going to think about it too. This story isn't based on truth, it is based on The Truth.

Till the Shout!

TL Farley,

author,
    When Now Becomes Too Late-The imminent Rapture, I Thess. 4:14.
  18. Oct 14, 2014
    I don't get it. Why do people complain of it being christian? **** you guys. It's as rational as complaining about avatar. :/

You guys say that it's all B.S and false but then you guys love that avatar crap.
  19. Oct 7, 2014
    It's quite pathetic reading these reviews bashing the rapture when it's biblical, but they will be the one's that don't reach heaven so their loss. If you don't believe it then just don't comment here or watch.
  20. Oct 16, 2014
    my rating is not on the film its on the actor I personally think hes one of the best and want to see more films but by the sounds of this it was a massive no no every actor or singer does this il let him off and avoid it
  21. Oct 5, 2014
    This movie was a great adaptation of the book, and the mostly negative reviews have come from the criticism of the subject matter. I am disappointed with the reviews of Elizabeth W-mn. If this movie would have been about agnosticism the critics would have given it very positive reviews. Overall it was an engaging film.
  22. Oct 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is another movie where users know more than critics. Of course, we users go to the movies because we enjoy them as long as they are entertaining. We're not there to criticize and dissect. So I'm starting to think I might just have to read what the users have to say and they were right about "Left Behind." It's not a movie to be taken seriously, however, it had a lot of serious thoughts about religion in it. I also think it had funny moments that were not intentional, but that often happens in movies that are trying to be too serious, and it makes the movie better. I saw the "Exorcist" and everyone was laughing the whole way through the movie. Good thing because I was scared to death watching it. "Left Behind" had its moments of scariness, humor and absurdity. The acting was fine. However, at times some of the acting was way exaggerated for the scene, which means, it's the director's fault. Like the actors would be really scared, then calm down too quick in the next scene even though the problem is getting worse. That's not bad acting, that's bad directing and bad editing. But we still liked the movie. We try to go to all the religious movies that make you think, not the ones that praise religion. But we especially like the religious movies with action (The Matrix had a lot of religious undertones). Boyfriend is a believer, I'm not sure if I am, but I used to be. So we saw the movie with different mind frames and still enjoyed it because it showed how different people are about religion. I'd be like Nicholas Cage. Give me a sign and I'm believing again. The only cheesy part of the movie was when the daughter cleared a "runway" with a truck for her father to land a crippled plane full of scared people. Yet I thought it was very creative and resourceful how they used the cell phone to locate one another. I'll have to remember that next time I'm lost with no landmarks, like people who get lost in the woods. Of course, you have to have cell phone reception for it to work. The movie is not perfect. It is what it should be. Makes you think while it entertains. Expand
  23. Dec 19, 2014
    This movie is religious garbage! maybe the movies director and producers should of prayed more to god, so he would give them a guiding light and make a decent movie! LOL
  24. Oct 25, 2014
    I really wanted to like this movie, both because I liked the concept and I like Cage, but everyone's acting (except for cage and very few others) in this movie is just really really....bad. And the writing of the movie and the corniness of the scenes is simply TOO MUCH. It's just so so SO cheesy and "old timey". To explain, one example of this is the music, if you take any stereotypeI really wanted to like this movie, both because I liked the concept and I like Cage, but everyone's acting (except for cage and very few others) in this movie is just really really....bad. And the writing of the movie and the corniness of the scenes is simply TOO MUCH. It's just so so SO cheesy and "old timey". To explain, one example of this is the music, if you take any stereotype Christian Group mood music you'll have the OST to thie movie, or another is the inclusion of a little kid who's part of the family who literally loses his **** when he gets "a brand new baseball glove! OH BOY!" no really, that's a direct quote...

anyway...old fashioned values wouldn't be in the crapper when it comes to pop culture if movies like this didn't suck as hard as the new Teenage Mutant ninja turtles movie lol...
  25. Dec 28, 2014
    A bad film but not nearly a failure as I expected. Not an offensive film in anyway but a terribly acted, poorly written and visuals that were shameful.
  26. Dec 11, 2014
    I don't know about the book, but this movie is just one of the worst I have even seen at this genre type. Very bad script, actors were no better. Cage is going down... That is sad... A lot of waste of time.
  27. Dec 17, 2014
    This film is an insult to religious people and cinema. Nicholas Cage manages to appear in another career crushing role with weak actors by his side. The film's plot made sense but the film dragged it on for too long, the character's were lifeless and the direction was tasteless, what a disaster.
  28. Oct 14, 2014
    Between the low meteoritic score and the gay marriage thing, it's been so hard for "Real Christians" lately.

Look, we all know what post-Wickerman Nick Cage films are like, but throw them a bone and say you enjoyed the movie. You know, the one about how you and me and everyone who doesn't read the Bible exactly like them is going to endure terror and/or die horrifically while they watch from Heaven and delight in the suffering of the unrighteous.

And I mean that aspect is clearly incredibly important to them - this is only the latest in a slew of books and movies about how awful it will be for those of us "left behind" while they are whisked away to paradise. (Boy, it must be nice to be a "Real Christian" - you are allowed to show your righteousness by enjoying the impending doom of people you disagree with. I mean you basically get to watch torched porn without an ounce of guilt.)

And take heart, all you followers of the Lamb, stand strong for this film - on meteoritic, on Facebook and in the streets of the city! After all, didn't Jesus tell the Scribes & Pharisees that God really loves and rewards those who blow a trumpet before them so they may be seen partaking in religious spectacles like this fine film?! I mean I think I remember that part - it was near the bit about the importance of taking scripture and Law 100% literally so you don't forget to tithe in mint and cumin.

I mean, jeeze, how else are people of God going to show what good Christians they are - by being kind to the strangers in their land, by feeding the poor & tending the sick?! Christian please... To hell with those illegal immigrants & those takers on food stamps / Obamacare - all the real Christians are too busy fending off the wicked heathen reviews of this fine motion picture to deal with such trifles. I mean Lazarus, you really need to get away from that gate - that dog licking your disgusting sores is really distracting bibleman360 from the pressing work of explaining to his Facebook friends how Roper's negative review is oppressing him and destroying America.

So please, my fellow heathens and less than "real" Christians, write a positive review of Left Behind. It's the least you can do for these poor, persecuted heroes as they wander through the weary world of woe, besieged by gays and feminists and Muslims and Catholics and the wrong kind of Protestants, all of whom insist on shamelessly living happy, productive, and loving lives before their very eyes.

If we ease their present suffering by letting them fantasize about our future agony, maybe they'll throw us a smile and a nod while we're burring in the pit of fire for attending Adam & Steve's wedding or saying Happy Holidays.
  29. Oct 19, 2014
    I actually liked this movie. Interesting concept, however, they interpreted the scriptures wrong, and based the whole movie on that false idea, that in the end, the righteous will be lifted up before everyone else burns. The story line didn't flow along smoothly, but the idea of how the world ends as according to the scriptures, with loved ones suddenly disappearing, was intriguing.
  30. Oct 20, 2014
    Very different from the first one, Left Behind shows a very emotional and touching examination of what it will be like if "in the blink of an eye" God calls His children home. Not the fastest paced movie ever, but it was intriguing.
  31. rfm
    Dec 8, 2014
    It was great, I hope they have a 2nd & 3rd following! I was shocked with the very low ratings, when I watched it I realised there was no sexual content (so refreshing!).
  32. Dec 29, 2014
    Nicolas cage is the best actor on earth, always has been, and this film is no exception unless you have a political agenda that supersedes your 'movie rating honesty'. A thrill a minute, super fun and high level entertainment not far off the reliable entertainment level of anything Tom Cruise. Left Behind is the best of 2014 and anybody saying anything else, is simply not being honest andNicolas cage is the best actor on earth, always has been, and this film is no exception unless you have a political agenda that supersedes your 'movie rating honesty'. A thrill a minute, super fun and high level entertainment not far off the reliable entertainment level of anything Tom Cruise. Left Behind is the best of 2014 and anybody saying anything else, is simply not being honest and they know it. My family , all six grown kids, in-laws etc, agreed. We thought it was the best of the year at theatres. We'll see what 2015 holds ! Expand
  33. Jan 11, 2015
    I was expecting a more faithful adaption to the book but Left Behind mostly stays true to its source material. Contrary to popular belief, the movie actually has great acting and decent special effects. I already know the fates of all these characters but the movie can be so intense, I actually was scared for them!
  34. Dec 27, 2014
    This movie does not warrant the awful grade the critics gave it. This is no masterpiece, but it certainly isn't an atrocious film either. It is a decently entertaining film that is better suited on TV.
  35. Dec 31, 2014
    I made it through one of the worst movies I've ever seen. From the acting to the directing to the screenplay to the awful score this atrocious mess goes down in the history books. I know Nicholas Cage has no standards, but Lea Thompson come on seriously this makes her performance in Howard the Duck look oscar worthy. No matter what your religious beliefs are Left Behind should be leftI made it through one of the worst movies I've ever seen. From the acting to the directing to the screenplay to the awful score this atrocious mess goes down in the history books. I know Nicholas Cage has no standards, but Lea Thompson come on seriously this makes her performance in Howard the Duck look oscar worthy. No matter what your religious beliefs are Left Behind should be left behind. F Expand
  36. Feb 24, 2015
    As a christian I feel little guilt in my dislike of Left Behind. Its worse sin is that throughout the whole movie, you are constantly asking why people would be doing nonsensical things. Somehow this movie about people vanishing from the world and starring Nicolas Cage is boring. Like REALLY boring...
  37. Mar 17, 2015
    This film was saved from having multiple razzie wins by the fact that Saving Christmas managed to pip it out of being the worst movie of the year. Christianity has some great stories to tell (this is coming from an atheist), but nowadays tit doesn't seem to be able to pull off movies. If only it could go back to the days of the 10 commandments, that is a fantastic Christian movie.
  38. Nov 1, 2014
    Without the dogged reverence for the source material - this might have been a decent "mid-air adventure" flick.

Dull direction combined with the over-earnest acting (or in Cage's case, lackadaisical acting) doom this latest attempt to bring the phenomenon of popular Christian pop literature to the big screen. The next group of producers to attempt this tale should see the first 10

The next group of producers to attempt this tale should see the first 10 minutes of HBO's "The Leftovers" if for no other reason than to see the rapture done as the terrifying flustercuck it might actually be.
  39. Mar 10, 2015
    I'm giving this movie a review because I want people to know that my range of scores varies from 0 to 10. But this movie had nothing. Gaping plot holes, and a stupid script. Vic Armstrong was better off doing stunts.
  40. Dec 7, 2014
    O filme se passa logo após uma série de catástrofes, onde Chloe está visitando sua família, logo no aeroporto ela recebe a noticia que seu pai não vai estar em casa, ele tem um voo para fazer, ele é piloto, ela fica mais desapontada depois de descobrir que o motivo para ele ter aceitado fazer esse voo era pra ficar com uma das aeromoças. Quando chega em casa ela não diz nada a mãe.

Bom,

Bom, começando pelo enredo, é importante saber que o filme não retrata o que acontece no livro "apocalipse" da bíblia, e sim tem apenas como cenário os acontecimentos. A história é razoavelmente boa, porém um pouco mal contada, a relação entre os personagens é fraca, e a atuação mediana. Isso deve ser levado a sério, afinal Nicolas Cage é um dos atores, e é um dos únicos a ter uma boa atuação.

Os efeitos, tanto visuais e sonoros são ultrapassados, o filme da uma impressão de ser antigo, principalmente pela qualidade de imagem, mas isso não chega a incomodar, logo nos primeiros 5 minutos de filme você se acostuma.

A trilha sonora é simplesmente horrível, mas "quebra um galho" em alguma cenas.

O filme poderia ser bom, mais muitos tropeços não permitiram isso, por começar o nome do filme, o filme não mostra realmente um apocalipse e sim um "pré-apocalipse", as imagens divulgadas não batem com o filme, isso da uma impressão de que fizeram o filme só pra lucrar. Enfim, pra você que não da atenção a efeitos ou trilha sonora o filme vai ser ótimo, porem para os mais atenciosos vão se decepcionar, no final de tudo, vale apena assistir ao filme, mas fica esse avisos citados acima.
  41. May 27, 2015
    Just watch it and it was terrible.Nicolas Cage didn't do anything to redeem this horrible movie he is just there doing horrible acting the same as the other characters,It is said to be religious but as a Christian the film suck at it.Left Behind is the worst film I've ever watched.I wish I didn't buy an watch the DVD ****
  42. Jan 12, 2015
    Scores speak for themselves, but I could not resist. This movie is a deplorable piece of garbage, Nicolas Cage has just one scene were he actually acts. It's awful, don't waste your time.
  43. Mar 10, 2015
    Nicolas Cage why do you keep doing this? Your a good actor and when you're in the right role to show off you talent it works, but you keep picking crappy movie like this that hides your talent away and make you a joke to the auditions. Nicolas Cage was in this movie that came out early this year called Joe, and now you're in this peace of sh't.

The story to Left Behind is about millions

The story to Left Behind is about millions of people - those left behind must face a chaotic world where death and destruction reign.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the kind of movie that may be the worst movie, not just this year... I mean the worst movie of all time. The acting in this movie was freaking terrible even Nicolas Cage was pretty bad in this film and I hate saying that because as I said before he's a good actor when he picks the right roles, but movies like this hides the fact that he is a fantastic actor.

The music in this movie was cheap, lazy and uninspiring. The writing in this is some of the worst writing I've seen since Titanic 2 and The last Airbender. The director of this movie (Vic Armstrong) He was a stuntman for all of his career, he was even in the Indiana Jones films doing most of the stunts in that movie and I respect the man for that, but as I director he really shouldn't direct because the directing in this movie is freaking garbage.

I couldn't find anything good in this movie even Nicolas Cage couldn't save this movie or make it fun. This movie is not your ordinary fun bad movie, no this movie has nothing fun or anything good to say about it. It's just a movie that shouldn't be made into film or be release as a film.

F'ck you Vic Armstrong and f'ck you John Patus and Paul Lalonde for writing this peace of living dog sh't.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 25 Critics

1. Reviewed by: William Goss
    Oct 8, 2014
    Religious dramas have a track record of prioritizing wholesome values at the cost of production values, and while Left Behind is mostly too preoccupied with being a hoary thriller to preach to the converted, it’s a thoroughly laughable attempt to marry bombast with sermonizing.
  2. Reviewed by: Keith Uhlich
    Oct 3, 2014
    Good God almighty: Not since Edward D. Wood Jr. unleashed a flotilla of paper-plate UFOs on beautiful downtown Burbank has there been a movie as stem-to-stern inept as this adaptation of the bestselling Christian novel series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins.
  3. Reviewed by: Steve Macfarlane
    Oct 3, 2014
    Left Behind is one of those films so deeply, fundamentally terrible that it feels unwittingly high-concept.