5.9

1. Nov 22, 2011
    I watched this film numerous times and I still enjoy it. Yes it may not be the best film out there but its a priceless comedy that will keep you laughing through out.
  2. Mar 5, 2014
    Top notch comedy in my opinion. The prison setting is surprisingly fun (perhaps too fun considering it is prison) and Dax Shepard's character is an absolute blast. The way he interacts with Arnett, who is also excellent here, is shear fun. McBride also serves as a very funny and surprisingly likable character. I also like how the film never goes into some of the gross territory it could have. It's something I find very respectable There is one or two light issues I have with the plot, but overall I had a blast watching this. So if you're looking for a funny comedy and missed this one through the years, then I recommend you give it a shot. It's very funny and a lot of fun. Expand

1. Odenkirk is an expert at the unexpected laugh. (This must be the first prison movie in which a cafeteria put-down involves the painter Lucian Freud.)
    A comedy that locks up Will Arnett's talent and throws away the key.
  3. It takes a while to realize that this is actually a sly, very funny comedy, one that stays admirably deadpan every time you think it’s about to veer into gross-out territory.