Tribeca Film | Release Date: October 17, 2014
6.7
Generally favorable reviews based on 20 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Fb29Mar 30, 2015
Excellent movie. If you liked Bored to Death then I suspect you will like this movie. I am beginning to understand that Jason Schwartzman is the king of subtle comic genius. He has a way of delivering absolutely ludicrous lines in a way thatExcellent movie. If you liked Bored to Death then I suspect you will like this movie. I am beginning to understand that Jason Schwartzman is the king of subtle comic genius. He has a way of delivering absolutely ludicrous lines in a way that I believe. He's his own straight man. Everyone else probably already knows this, but I'm just catching on.

This movie is really funny, but it's not going to help you figure out what to laugh at.
ProteusOct 29, 2014
Disappointing. Really feels dated. Do people still think like this somewhere....like the NE part of the USA? Maybe. A lot of unhappy people here I guess caught up in their own self worth and how to protect it while making themselvesDisappointing. Really feels dated. Do people still think like this somewhere....like the NE part of the USA? Maybe. A lot of unhappy people here I guess caught up in their own self worth and how to protect it while making themselves miserable.

Only in a tiny world could we have characters like this....but the world is not small anymore...it is really big and somebody should inform the author of this movie.
EdgarReviewsJun 27, 2015
Functioning as a cheap parody of Wes Anderson, Woody Allen and Louis C.K, Listen Up Philip is irritatingly edited and so far up its own ass that it's a wonder Philip can listen to anything at all.
beingryanjudeMar 27, 2015
Its strong narrative and old fashioned feel reveal influences from Robert Altman and Woody Allen which allow Alex Ross Perry and his third feature to give us something to really think about. Elisabeth Moss continues to impress asIts strong narrative and old fashioned feel reveal influences from Robert Altman and Woody Allen which allow Alex Ross Perry and his third feature to give us something to really think about. Elisabeth Moss continues to impress as Schwartzman's soon-to-be ex-girlfriend. Expand