Little Women

1. Jimmy
    Feb 22, 2008
    When judgment day comes, and mankind is evaluated on the merits of its spiritual and cultural achievements, this film alone will redeem the infinite inequities of humanity. It will usher us to paradise.
  2. May 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have not read the book, but maybe I'll have to, even if this story is something that I usually don't like.

The cast - magnificent. Acting: brilliant. The set, the music... flawless. Not to mention the story that drew out a tear from me in several places (and that is a rare occurrence).

Even if Jo's antics got me wondering once in a while, the story was never overly... well, anything. It was balanced, beautiful and heartbreaking, and basically just to TRUE. Especially when looking at Beth and her untimely death, that is just the course of the world.
  3. Mar 13, 2016
    this movie is a real tear jerker! i cry EVERYTIME i watch it! the acting is just so put together, the plot the scenes, everything in this film works perfectly together and the ending is superb!a must see!

1. Reviewed by: s
    It's beautifully mounted to capture the age and the passing seasons, though director Gillian Armstrong never lets the production values overwhelm the gentle sketches of girlish hopes and pastimes tempered by the trials of life.
  2. A graceful, unsentimental, well-made movie.
  3. Los Angeles Times
    Reviewed by: Kevin Thomas
    Armstrong, screenplay adapter/co-producer Robin Swicord and their colleagues have got everything just right. [23 Dec 1994]