6.9

1. ChrisW.
    Jun 30, 2007
    Pure Hollywood Gold! So much action that I felt like the theatre was going to collapse. The sound of this movie alone will give you an adrenaline rush. Bruce Willis was great and the writing is decent. If you want to see the best Action movie this summer... this is it! If you want Sci-fi, then go see transformers. If you want real American action... then it's time for you to "Live Pure Hollywood Gold! So much action that I felt like the theatre was going to collapse. The sound of this movie alone will give you an adrenaline rush. Bruce Willis was great and the writing is decent. If you want to see the best Action movie this summer... this is it! If you want Sci-fi, then go see transformers. If you want real American action... then it's time for you to "Live Free or Die Hard!" Expand
  2. IdaH.
    Jun 30, 2007
    Two hours of engaging escapism and thoroughly entertaining.
  3. filmfan
    Jun 30, 2007
    Awesome flick. great acting, great story, great action sequences. what else could you ask for in a summer movie. Great Popcorn Fun flick.
  4. maria
    Jul 10, 2007
    It was okay. kinda mad about it not being rated R but, for what it was, it was a die hard movie. big stunts, smart ass remarks, over the top senerio- it was just that of a 7.
  5. RubenN.
    Jul 1, 2007
    Though a non-believer at first, now I'm hoping for a 5th movie! I don't know how it happened, but it just did. Don't miss it, the Die Hards are templates for action movies around the world.
  6. BiffW
    Jul 17, 2007
    Excellent. Back to the classic action film we grew up with. Lives up to the original. For those who don't like it because the action stunts seem improbable - get real, that's what makes it fun. I suppose you also hate Superhero movies, because it's improbable. With that attitude you'd better just stick to documentaries.
  7. TonyL
    Jul 17, 2007
    As some reviewers have already mentioned, the action scenes are too implausible. Maggie Q makes quite an impression. I hope to see more of her. The hacker sidekick was necessary for the plot, but I could have done without him. But for the price of a matinee, It still is a good ride.
  8. TomC
    Jul 2, 2007
    This was a great movie for a sequel. I read the user ratings and believe me they are more accurate then the critics. How some critics gave this movie a low score is beyond me. Being a critic must be the easiest job in the world, useless too. Because 80% of the time they are completely off. Some critics should realize most people out there don't give a rats ass about a movie other This was a great movie for a sequel. I read the user ratings and believe me they are more accurate then the critics. How some critics gave this movie a low score is beyond me. Being a critic must be the easiest job in the world, useless too. Because 80% of the time they are completely off. Some critics should realize most people out there don't give a rats ass about a movie other then its entertainment value. Expand
  9. RienyeN
    Jul 23, 2007
    It was a good movie..maybe a little long but non-stop action all the way. The one criticism i have is the scene in the tunnel..it was a little TOO convenient the way he could drive the car through all the carnage..it was a wide open road. But all in all, an awesome movie. Better than Die Hard With A Vengance, i reckon!
  10. DF
    Jul 31, 2007
    Old school action combined with 21st century terror = a delicious combination of absurd action and over the top humor.
  11. JohnS.
    Jul 4, 2007
    Live Free or Die Hard is represents a true old school action movie. This is on the same level as the original Die Hard. The Die Hard mythology is alive an well. I'm glad the director did not get caught up in CGI and slow motion shots. Bruce Willis is the only man that can play John McClane.
  12. ZachC.
    Jul 4, 2007
    This movie was totally awesome from beginning to end. Hardcore Die Hard fans will absolutely love Bruce Willis' bad-ass one liners. One of the most fun movie-going experiences I've had ever.
  13. Bukkarooo
    Jul 7, 2007
    Just saw Live Free or Die Hard.... and it was amazing!!! My adrenaline was pumping almost every second! The main story is about a man who used to work for the government, suggested they streagthen their security, then was publicly humiliated by them. So, to show them how vulnerable it is, he attempts a "fire sale". That is, shutting down everything run by computers. Water, power, phones, Just saw Live Free or Die Hard.... and it was amazing!!! My adrenaline was pumping almost every second! The main story is about a man who used to work for the government, suggested they streagthen their security, then was publicly humiliated by them. So, to show them how vulnerable it is, he attempts a "fire sale". That is, shutting down everything run by computers. Water, power, phones, everything. John McClaine, a detective for the NYPD (main character in this and every other Die Hard) had a fight with his daughter, then is sent to pick up a hacker, Matthew Farrel, and bring him to DC as a suspect for the hacking attempt on the white house. On the way, the fire sail spreads, and they figure out the people behind it are trying to kill Farrel. When they get into DC, the traffic lights are hacked to create mass chaos, there is an anthrax scare, and a video is put up on TV with a message, with each word/phrase from video clips from our presidents, Bush and Nixon and the like. I don't want to give to much away, so I'll stop now. I highly reccomend this to any fan of the Die Hard movies, action movies, or anyone looking for an adrenaline filled way to pass the time. * * * * * 5 Stars Expand
  14. RoyM
    Jul 8, 2007
    Highly entertaining. It's a given you need to suspend belief watching Die Hard, but there were a few situations that were ridiculous: like the 100 lb woman who was the toughest fighter of all; like the jet shooting a missile and taking down an entire freeway; and like the van conveniently stopping right next to the jet crash. If they would not have stretched so far for these Highly entertaining. It's a given you need to suspend belief watching Die Hard, but there were a few situations that were ridiculous: like the 100 lb woman who was the toughest fighter of all; like the jet shooting a missile and taking down an entire freeway; and like the van conveniently stopping right next to the jet crash. If they would not have stretched so far for these situations, I would have given it a 10! Expand
  15. Sam
    Jul 9, 2007
    Live Free or Die Hard Being the fourth part of a series believed to die long ago, there was much skepticism over Live Free or Die Hard. Fans of the original were worried it would be a dry, tired, ridiculous, and a hopeful end to the series. The PG-13 rating didn
  16. MartinS.
    Jul 9, 2007
    Personally I've always found the Die Hard francise a symbol of all that's wrong with American Movie making but I'd be lying if I said that this one wasn't entertaining. There's enough action in this one to keep your mind off of the plot.
  17. VanessaR.
    Aug 12, 2007
    Best action movie I've seen in a long long time, some people may think that some of the action is a bit unrealistic but that's why we go and see it in the movies right? This movie has jam packed full of action from beginning to end, it was really exhilarating! Really loved it!
  18. BenB.
    Aug 13, 2007
    I went to it with low hopes (due to the PG-13 rating - I mean, come on: a Die Hard PG-13 style). To my surprise, I loved it. Sure, Bruce Willis loses something when he can't swear as repeatedly as in the first movie, but the action is top-notch fun (if completely unbelievable) and the whole movie is the best popcorn flick of the summer. Maybe the best besides the first. However, with I went to it with low hopes (due to the PG-13 rating - I mean, come on: a Die Hard PG-13 style). To my surprise, I loved it. Sure, Bruce Willis loses something when he can't swear as repeatedly as in the first movie, but the action is top-notch fun (if completely unbelievable) and the whole movie is the best popcorn flick of the summer. Maybe the best besides the first. However, with all the brutal action and cursing, the MPAA screwed up big-time (again!) with the ratings - this is a gritty PG-13 film. I thought it deserved an R. Expand
  19. RamzeezeB.
    Aug 20, 2007
    The story about an identity confused girl, the mac guy and Mr. clean turned out pretty good and i highly recommend it.
  20. DanishX.
    Aug 20, 2007
    masterful piece of action entertainment!Fast paced, funny, and excellent!very satisfying!,the best action blockbuster i have ever seen!full of action from beginning to end, it was really awesome! Really loved it!
  21. GatsbyJ.
    Aug 24, 2007
    -It's strange how the reviews for this movie are either very high or very low: there doesn't seem to be much of a middle to it. Now let's be serious, those who gave this movie a high score didn't rate it so because it was a deep and thoughtful movie: they just liked the action and the pacing, etc. Those who gave it a low score had their own reasons. -I went into the -It's strange how the reviews for this movie are either very high or very low: there doesn't seem to be much of a middle to it. Now let's be serious, those who gave this movie a high score didn't rate it so because it was a deep and thoughtful movie: they just liked the action and the pacing, etc. Those who gave it a low score had their own reasons. -I went into the theatre thinking it was going to be stupid to the max, but my friend wanted to go so I agreed. I even made fun of the when I saw the commercials, like the absurd title. But both my friend and I thought the movie was awesome. The action sequences (which everyone went to see this movie for, I'm sure, and not for any semblance of plot) were as amazing as they were relentless. I wasn't bored for a single second, and this is coming from someone who expects every movie he sees to have a plot. Yeah, MOST of the plot was totally nonsensical, from the super-hackers to the saving the world in less than 24 hours, and the action scenes were ridiculous, but for some reason I was entertained. I've seen a lot of movies this summer and this was definitely one of the best experiences I had: it was so loud that the music and explosions drowned out the voices of those annoying audience members who like to shout when they see anything interesting on screen. Expand
  22. NickB.
    Aug 25, 2007
    Amazing action filled adrenaline rush movie!
  23. G-RadA.
    Sep 3, 2007
    Sweet intense action, hilarious side effects, and best of the Die Hard series.
  24. MatthewW.
    Nov 25, 2007
    Die Hard prevails (again) with it's heart pumping action scenes with a taste of comedy, Bruce Willis is perfect in (almost) every way.
  25. Carsonblah!
    Jun 27, 2007
    This movie was great! Very quick paced and keeps you interested. A must see.
  26. PaulOOOOOO
    Jun 27, 2007
    Action packed Die Hard... it was great! Just a lot of fun. Nothing award winning worthy, but just a great summer movie. Dont wait till this is on video, go see it in the air-conditioned theaters!
  27. AndrewT
    Jun 27, 2007
    This movie, while a bit over the top, definitely kept the die hard series on track. It was easily the 2nd best movie in the series, and Bruce Willis was awesome in it!
  28. E.B.
    Jun 27, 2007
    I was in a theater packed with laughs and claps the whole way through. Live Free or Die Hard really was surprisingly GREAT!
  29. theLex
    Jun 28, 2007
    I would have to say this is the best Die Hard since the first movie. That said, it still lacked a few things, but this is me just nit-picking, but it seemed great on the violence, but one word was missing a lot form this film: the work f@#k. Mcclaine swears a lot in the old movies and it felt like he was neutered in this. Only reason I didn't give it a higher score. Still, he had his I would have to say this is the best Die Hard since the first movie. That said, it still lacked a few things, but this is me just nit-picking, but it seemed great on the violence, but one word was missing a lot form this film: the work f@#k. Mcclaine swears a lot in the old movies and it felt like he was neutered in this. Only reason I didn't give it a higher score. Still, he had his moments like when he talked trash to the bad guy, purely awesome... Expand
  30. AC.
    Jun 29, 2007
    Great Action, leave your brain at the door and just enjoy the outrageous thrill ride.

1. It's simply old-school stunts and movie magic.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    The sheer quantity of often outrageous stunts should help overcome franchise mustiness to entertain.
  3. Early in LFODH, a villain taunts our hero, calling him "a Timex in a digital world"; McClane, characteristically, takes the dig as a compliment. Two hours, countless butt-kickings and hairbreadth escapes later, we know why.