Lockout

7.9

1. Jul 2, 2012
    It's corny, it's old-school, it's funny, and it knows it. This was not made to be taken as a serious drama, it was made to provide the world of cinema with a good old fashion shot in the ass of 80's action and over-the-top bravado. I loved it, and I especially loved Guy Pearce who played his part of the one-man-army-super-suave-badass beautifully. What's really terrible here are theIt's corny, it's old-school, it's funny, and it knows it. This was not made to be taken as a serious drama, it was made to provide the world of cinema with a good old fashion shot in the ass of 80's action and over-the-top bravado. I loved it, and I especially loved Guy Pearce who played his part of the one-man-army-super-suave-badass beautifully. What's really terrible here are the reviewers that are overthinking this movie to a degree that is as preposterous as the plot. Space station full of convicts? President's daughter held captive? And there's only one man for the job? With the world the way it is today, we need something this fun. Expand
  2. Aug 7, 2012
    so obviously this wasn't a once in a lifetime, destroy all preconceptions of cultural standards, but you should judge this movie by what its intended purpose was, ie: to have fun while watching it. good wise cracks, kudos guy pierce and the writers. cool sci fy. don't get caught up on why there was a space prison (this is science fiction after all). you might have been able to see the plotso obviously this wasn't a once in a lifetime, destroy all preconceptions of cultural standards, but you should judge this movie by what its intended purpose was, ie: to have fun while watching it. good wise cracks, kudos guy pierce and the writers. cool sci fy. don't get caught up on why there was a space prison (this is science fiction after all). you might have been able to see the plot twist coming, but at least they threw one in there. on the whole, its a movie if you want some fun. and why does that deserve a bad score?

PS: the intro was really funny
  3. Apr 17, 2012
    This is no Fight Club or Braveheart but a VERY GOOD film all the same, if you have been getting sick of all the BADLY made movies lately you should see this movie. I don't understand where this bad rating or coming from......maybe people started liking bad movies like Transformers,Battleship or the like.
  4. May 20, 2012
    It's great to see Guy Pearce on screen in action again. And he's great at delivering the cheesy lines that are so typical of this sort of gung-ho action film...and make you laugh anyway. Lockout is loads of fun.
  5. May 9, 2012
    First off, I would give lockout a 9 out of 10. It's just a great action film for all people wanting a good adventure. Story all right. Acting is also descent as well. Nice sound, and action throughout the move. You really should see this. Overall, this is a fun action film. It's not amazing but, still fun film.
  6. Jul 15, 2012
    When the protagonist's first response to being asked "What happened in that hotel room" by a government interrogator is "I was trampolining your wife", you know you're in for a treat. Snow feels similar to Drake from Uncharted, but **** and a tad bit more badass. Watching him in action is a thrill, as he takes on hundreds of convicts by himself. The mystery of the case and the events thatWhen the protagonist's first response to being asked "What happened in that hotel room" by a government interrogator is "I was trampolining your wife", you know you're in for a treat. Snow feels similar to Drake from Uncharted, but **** and a tad bit more badass. Watching him in action is a thrill, as he takes on hundreds of convicts by himself. The mystery of the case and the events that open the film are slowly dealt out, ending in a huge reveal that makes you really think. The two main villains are well-acted, with one being a sane man who wants to negotiate with the government, the other a psychopath who is really the worst humanity has to offer. You really need to see this movie. Expand
  7. Apr 14, 2012
    Lockout really reminds me of a good late 80's/early 90's action movie. The ones that actually had the balls to come up with a story that is creative / ridiculous and doesn't have to make a lot of sense. Guy pierce was a great role. He really pulled off the new snake pliskin style character in his own way and I would love to see him do another role. The things I didn't like about the movie;Lockout really reminds me of a good late 80's/early 90's action movie. The ones that actually had the balls to come up with a story that is creative / ridiculous and doesn't have to make a lot of sense. Guy pierce was a great role. He really pulled off the new snake pliskin style character in his own way and I would love to see him do another role. The things I didn't like about the movie; was how a lot of scenes were to fast paced.. They never really give the viewer a chance to understand whats going on or just to have a break. They also jumped around to often from scene to scene. Overall the movie was fun to watch and I support it because I love to see this type of stuff coming out again! Expand
  8. Apr 17, 2013
    For me, Lockout is one of those odd guilty pleasures. It was probably far from the best film released during it's week of release, never mind the month or year. It's a straightforward, short, fast paced, guns blazing, one man action vehicle that doesn't make any attempts to be cleverer than it needs to be. Guy Pearce stands in for the likes of Russell, Seagal, Willis, Arnie or Sly as theFor me, Lockout is one of those odd guilty pleasures. It was probably far from the best film released during it's week of release, never mind the month or year. It's a straightforward, short, fast paced, guns blazing, one man action vehicle that doesn't make any attempts to be cleverer than it needs to be. Guy Pearce stands in for the likes of Russell, Seagal, Willis, Arnie or Sly as the likeable rogue protagonist.

It's unusual to see Pearce play a genuine all action-hero but he seems to be enjoying himself delivering some of the most sarcastic one-liners in film history, courtesy of co-writer Luc Besson and directors Saint & Mather. In fact, Snow literally barely says anything at all other than acerbic barbs directed at either villains or his damsel in distress. The relationship between Snow and Emilie, and the situation they find themselves in, reminded me of that of Steven Seagal and Erika Eleniak in Under Siege.

With a budget of $20M, Lockout is relatively low budget and almost B-movie like but if you can get past the occasionally ropey CGI, place tongue firmly in cheek and accept it for the guilty pleasure it is it's capable of satisfying that action movie itch you get from time to time. Just imagine the most average parts of Die Hard, Under Siege and Escape from New York all rolled into one!
  9. Sep 3, 2012
    The movie was actually not that bad! It had some funny moments!! Which that was surprising! It had great action and great actors that were in it! And the ending is a HUGE shock!!!!!! If you like action, suspense, and some sorta funny parts then this is your type of movie!!
  10. Jan 25, 2015
    Guy Pearce É super foda nessa performance do galã herói,com muito carisma. Maggie Grace de Taken,está fenomenal também aquela Branquinha Gostosa cheia de carisma também. Interessante E fascinante história. Com boa dose de ação.humor e nada de romance. Boas cenas de ação ótimo filme.
  11. Feb 2, 2016
    The dialogue between the two leads and Guy Pearce's pleasant performance make this sci-di drama worth seeing.

Watch this movie here http://www.watchfree.to/watch-29b2d1-Lockout-movie-online-free-putlocker.html

1. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Apr 23, 2012
    If you were to watch Lockout a few months from now, at home alone, it wouldn't produce more than a shrug. Movies this bad need to be revered in public places. Go see it in a mall, and try to sneak a beer or two in with you.
  2. Reviewed by: Helen O'Hara
    Apr 22, 2012
    It's just not quite as much fun as it should be, despite Pearce's best efforts and some good chemistry with Grace. Unusually for an action thriller, this could have benefited from being just a little longer.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken McIntyre
    Apr 19, 2012
    Luc Besson's clunky, space-bound actioner apes '80s B-flick excess but skimps on all the good parts. Fans of really bad science and pixelated CGI won't be disappointed, though.