5.4

1. Aug 24, 2014
    The film had less to do with Mitchel's attempt to redeem his ways after getting out of prison, and finding a job protecting a disturbed former star, Charlotte (Kiera Knightley), than it had to do with Mitchel's battle in the underworld, avenging a friend.

Mitchel's relationship to Charlotte was all in all rather hasty and not very deep. Charlotte's friend/agent/whatever Jordan (David
    Thewlis) was also a bit hard to figure out, although I liked him.

The gangster side of the movie was bloody, a bit hard to follow, and consumed in the end everything in its way. The plot wasn't all that smooth, and the acting was okay, but not brilliant or anything. A nice film for anyone who enjoys seeing Colin Farrell, but I am left with a feeling that they could have done so much more with this by actually sticking with the Mitchel/Charlotte storyline.
  2. Dec 7, 2012
    A cool, likable film that feels better than it really is. I liked the vast majority of the movie, the script, cast, style, etc., it's just a boring film that never grabbed my attention like so many other films of its genre have.
  3. Feb 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. Good movie, could have been great. Ending really left me gutted!! Nice twist ....but not nice if you know what I mean!? Farrell was better than his usual self, albeit playing his stereotypical role. Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Betsy Sharkey
    Nov 12, 2011
    That the plot is the problem comes as something of a surprise given Monahan's pedigree. The well-regarded screenwriter ("Body of Lies," "Kingdom of Heaven") won an Oscar for the deliciously conflicted cops and crime twister of 2006's "The Departed."
  2. Reviewed by: Kyle Smith
    Nov 11, 2011
    Take a stroll down London Boulevard if you enjoy surly, smart, hard-edged British crime movies like "Sexy Beast" and "Croupier."
  3. Reviewed by: Stephen Holden
    Nov 10, 2011
    Cultivation and fine manners are nowhere to be found in the foul urban cesspool of William Monahan's London Boulevard. This palpitating mess of a movie certainly doesn't lack for pungent atmosphere.