6.8

1. Dec 20, 2011
    Be prepared folks, for the single most pointless boring movie ever made. Seriously, in my time I have watched some real stinkers but this is in a whole new category of boring. Only watched it as my girfriend is French. She was comatose and drooling at the end of it. I suppose you're wondering why we watched it to the end? Basically because we literally couldn't believe that absolutelyBe prepared folks, for the single most pointless boring movie ever made. Seriously, in my time I have watched some real stinkers but this is in a whole new category of boring. Only watched it as my girfriend is French. She was comatose and drooling at the end of it. I suppose you're wondering why we watched it to the end? Basically because we literally couldn't believe that absolutely nothing would happen in an entire film, that a film could be this dull. Surely ... Expand

1. Reviewed by: Derek Elley
    Either a subtly subversive black comedy, a deeply spiritual portrait of physical rebirth or a whole lot of nothing in a self-consciously arty package, Lourdes isn't about to reveal its true colors anytime soon.
  2. Reviewed by: Karina Longworth
    The film delves deeper into the pain and pleasure of watching other people experience the wonderful things you dream of happening to you. In that sense, Hausner has crafted a kind of meta-riff on the masochistic lure of cinema itself.
  3. One of the pleasures of this intelligent, rigorously thoughtful, somewhat sly film is that it takes place in the space between the inexplicable (no explanation is possible) and the unexplained (enlightenment might be around the corner).