8.2

1. Sep 28, 2010
    When a movie has you begging for it to end not even half way through it's pure crap. We've all seen this movie and this characters millions of times, nothing new in it. Don't waste your time.
  2. Nov 11, 2011
    Maybe I'm not english so I missed the jokes - but it was not romantic or comedic. An hour in I was bored to shreds .... Kiera Knightly was the only interesting thing for me in this movie.... but worth sitting 2hrs for without being delved into the story.
  3. Nov 12, 2012
    I can see how it would have seemed great as an idea. You tell a bunch of short stories involving the various stages of love featuring a varying cast, and then connect everyone, expecting your audience to be enlightened. They aren't, because Love Actually, actually doesn't work, not to mention that its a good half hour too long.
  4. Feb 7, 2013
    There are better movies of two hours length. I loved Bill Nighy's performance, however, as well as Linney's. Mark's love for Juliet was poignant. Little Sam's story might also have worked as a subplot. Rest of the stories were trash.
  5. Dec 21, 2013
    Watched it again, and this time I realized just how glitzy and poor this film is...Really appealed to my baser instincts when I first watched it....Everything warm and fuzzy at Christmas with a couple of "real" love stories...But beneath the coating of Hollywood style slickness, there lurks mediocrity, a lust substitute for love...Firth likes his maid's butt, Rickman loves to ogle hisWatched it again, and this time I realized just how glitzy and poor this film is...Really appealed to my baser instincts when I first watched it....Everything warm and fuzzy at Christmas with a couple of "real" love stories...But beneath the coating of Hollywood style slickness, there lurks mediocrity, a lust substitute for love...Firth likes his maid's butt, Rickman loves to ogle his come on sexy secretary, and those were mild examples...A film of mostly male fantasies done in a "cute" simplistic way.....What a waste of talented actors....Liam Neeson was decent....And Linney's story is about love...Beneath the coating of sparkles and sleaze, lurks a mediocre film....Merry Christmas! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Richard Schickel
    Enough of Curtis' lovably crazed characters do succeed in finding love in all the unlikely places that you leave the theater with your heart humming happily. He has his dark -- well, darkish -- side under control. Which is to say that he is an Englishman, well practiced in masking pain and absurdity and descents into sheer goofiness with mannerly behavior, sly irony and stiff upper lips.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A roundly entertaining romantic comedy, Love Actually is still nearly as cloying as it is funny…its cheeky wit, impossibly attractive cast and sure-handed professionalism are beguiling.
  3. Reminds you of an elaborate Christmas card that tumbles apart with pop-up figures, silly/charming greetings and perhaps even a jingle. It probably cost more than the gift it heralds, and you can't help but laugh at the audacity of such an aggressively cheerful card.