Royal Films International | Release Date: February 11, 2005
8.4
Universal acclaim based on 20 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Check box if your review contains spoilers 0 characteres (5000 max)
EpicLadySpongeApr 29, 2016
Masculine Feminine is one of those films I'll never get, but still enjoy anyways. Because I'm expected to hear some great things about this film, I decided to see it and I was so confused and it was still great anyways.
lasttimeisawApr 30, 2014
My fourth Godard’s film (CONTEMPT 1963, 7/10; BREATHLESS 1960, 9/10; PIERROT LE FOU 1965, 7/10) so far, thus apparently I am not a newbie in Godard school, but to see the defiant Jean-Pierre Léaud (Francois Truffaut’s alter ego in THE 400My fourth Godard’s film (CONTEMPT 1963, 7/10; BREATHLESS 1960, 9/10; PIERROT LE FOU 1965, 7/10) so far, thus apparently I am not a newbie in Godard school, but to see the defiant Jean-Pierre Léaud (Francois Truffaut’s alter ego in THE 400 BLOWS 1959, 9/10) has grown into a handsome young man, a boy-becomes-man leap from Antoine Doinel to Paul, with sharp stare, worldly-wise sophistication (a wonderful whistler and vocalist too), in a Godard’s picture, which strikes as a sublime force of naturalistic liaison between La Nouvelle Vague auteurs.
read rest of the review in my blog, google "cinema omnivore"
MelissaS.Mar 13, 2005
Some things are dated, some very timely.
0 of 0 users found this helpful
PhillipB.Feb 11, 2005
By far the best movie Godard ever made...as fresh as ever.
0 of 0 users found this helpful