Me and Orson Welles

7.6

1. Sep 22, 2010
    Yeah yeah, "magic of the theater" and all that. Too much "Me" and not enough "Orson Welles". No offence to Zac Efron (look, I spelled his name right, there's no k in Zac), but.....yeah ok, a little bit of offence to Zac Efron. Not because of his acting, but because I yawned like I had two beers in me.
  2. WilsonS.
    Dec 27, 2009
    Too self-consciously a period piece, but pleasant enough.
  3. May 5, 2011
    Who had the larger ego, Orson Welles or Julius Caesar? I have heard about the legendary Orson Welles ego and the film â

1. Christian McKay's impersonation of young Orson Welles is sensational in this enjoyable, though slight, historical fiction about a teen who spends a memorable week with the legendary wonder.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    There are moments, especially when Welles is alternating between acting as Brutus and directing everyone else, that it’s possible to forget you’re watching an actor and really believe you’re beholding Orson Welles at work.
    This is a movie of great spirit and considerable charm. It’s about the giddiness of promise--the awakening of young talent, after years of the Depression, to a moment when anything seems possible.