Mean Creek

8.2

1. WhitneyO
    Jan 31, 2005
    First off... THIS MOVIE RIPPED OFF DELIVERANCE!!! There were no redeaming qualities what-so-ever. This is a prime example of sentimental, manipulative slush that is proof that movie-goers have been taught to not think critically. The predictability of the plot, and the overabundance of overemotional imagery killed any remaining sympathy I had for the characters. One more point I'd First off... THIS MOVIE RIPPED OFF DELIVERANCE!!! There were no redeaming qualities what-so-ever. This is a prime example of sentimental, manipulative slush that is proof that movie-goers have been taught to not think critically. The predictability of the plot, and the overabundance of overemotional imagery killed any remaining sympathy I had for the characters. One more point I'd like to add to all aspiring film makers. DON'T USE INDIE MUSIC TO SELL YOUR MOVIE. You are destroying everything about the music, and it doesn't make your movie any better. Just because you have good music in your movie, doesn't mean that your movie is good. A movie should not have to resort to preying on the success of other artforms to better its own. Expand
  2. CaptainCraig
    Feb 18, 2005
    A kind of want to be. Stand By Me that flopped in a big way. Typical of current writing and production mentality. A waist of film...and my time.

Estes never really completes a thought about this sorry group's moral dilemmas.
  2. Imagine a bolder "Bully" blended with a more probing "River's Edge" and you'll have some idea of this little drama's strong dramatic and emotional power.
  3. Like an uncommonly artful and well-acted after-school special. I don't mean this as a put-down: its combination of realism and fretful moral inquiry is best suited to the tastes and sensibilities of young teenagers who devour young-adult fiction.