9.0

1. Feb 21, 2011
  2. Feb 22, 2011
    A Christopher Nolan's masterpiece, complex narrative is skillfully executed, keeping audiences guessing. Overall it's up to us, our interpretation, it's not just about the evidences
  3. Mar 3, 2012
    Another of my all-time favorites. Deep, compelling and always toeing the line of audaciousness. Great cast, genuinely original and watchable a dozen times over. A masterpiece that got swept under the rug years ago, shamefully.... An absolute must-watch!!!
  4. Aug 13, 2010
    Memento was a smart, clever and suspenful film that truly deserves its accolades as a cerebral thriller and classic. I absolutely loved it! It was Christopher Nolan's third best film behind The Dark Knight and Inception. A 10/10.
  5. Oct 28, 2011
    So the "innovative" concept of filming out of sequence has been cliche for at least a few years now, but here's a film that makes it work far better than its been shown in a while.

Sir Nolan mixed confusion, uncertainty, and paranoia as an art form and it went on splendidly. If I told you the entire plot of this film it really wouldn't matter as it is an exquisite paean to the
    subjectivity of memory and therefore is in itself ambiguous; the â Expand
  6. Mar 10, 2013
    Nolan suceeds in grabbing audience interests by making this a Whats gonna happen next film. It provided superb performances from many actors that you would not have guessed to have ever done any good and leaves you mind blown. Nolan at his absolute best.
  7. Oct 9, 2010
    The planning this film must of taken must of been long and extensive for this is a complicated,calculated yet incredibly successful script. So clever and so revolutionary if Nolan had not nailed this we may not have seen him take on the big money films later on. This is confident cinema that comes at you fully in the face. My only criticism is that it requires the upmost attention most of time,something you can't manage later on in the day. Apart from that, it's a Nolan essential. Expand
  8. Jan 2, 2011
    Perplexing, Chilling, Stunning, Riveting--- following more puzzlement---- accompany this piece of work and paints a masterpiece of film-making with such precision that it requires multiple viewings just to make sense of it all. The ultimate thriller for the patient of mind.
  9. Jan 15, 2011
    well, this was complex man..great directing and storytelling. nice performance form Pearce, and i surely didn't expect an ending like it. it was genius really. it made me so confusing but i figured it out with the ending. unlike inception. so, a great movie, if you like watching dramas and mysteries then this is the one. OK?
  10. Feb 2, 2011
    This is a movie with a "twist" but it doesn't put one in just to have a twist ... it's a part of the whole story, and somehow makes the whole weird story seem more real.
  11. Apr 16, 2011
    By no means a perfect film, but it's genius lies in making the audience live the movie as though we share the main character's inability to remember.
  12. Jul 6, 2011
    I cannot believe how well this movie was put together. The potential it had to be repetitive, a la "Groundhog's Day," was totally obliterated by Christopher Nolan's excellent storytelling. Nolan's first of a long line of accomplishments.
  13. Jul 31, 2011
    Christopher's best movie till date.Absolutely drop-dead brilliant. You just don't see film-making like this anymore. Christopher Nolan is the genius we"ve all been waiting for. Welcome to the second revival of great film-makers. It feels good.
  14. Sep 12, 2011
    Leonard Shelby-"I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there. Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there?... Yeah. We all need mirrors to remind ourselves who we are. I'm no different."

Christopher Nolan once
    again creates one of the most mind bending and thrilling movie that has to be one of the greatest experiance you will have on film history. Memento is a confusing but a clever and unique movie that will blow your mind just by a few minutes into the movie. This Movie also relates to Insomnia and Inception, meaning the filming (using random flashbacks and using some sort of strange vision, like filming backwards or extreme close-ups).Christopher Nolan also brings back the looks and characters to his later movies, Like the name Kobb from Followin, might refer to Dom "Cobb" from Inception and the looks of Teddy and Catherine from Memento to Gordon (Batman Begins and Dark Knight) and Maul (Inception). Memento is based on the short story, Memento Mori, witch Guy Pearce Dominates in this classic thriller playing Leonard, a man with short-term memory loss that wakes up in a random room, not knowing what's going on, until looking at his body. tattoos fill up his chest with one saying "JOHN G. RAPED AND MURDERED MY WIFE", and the rest saying facts leading up to the murderer. He also finds his Polaroid pictures, one with a guy with glasses and a mustache, named Teddy, and other pictures of information. Everyday he has to go through the same thing, so you gotta feel bad for the guy. For the rest, you probably have to find out the stuff yourself. I love how Nolan takes control of his movies like this, I guess he wants everything to be good, and he did a pretty good job doing so. He creates the most innovated dramas that nobody can miss, and thats why he goes right up to one of my favorite directors. Thuis movie is also filmed in different time periods like Following, except playing the parts of the movie backwards, making the beginning actually the ending. If this movie is too confusing for you, the ending will sum it all up for you, then you can watch it the second time to try to pick up info, like I did, and boy was I confused. Expand
  15. Sep 28, 2011
    Someone must tell to Christopher Nolan that is important that the characters of his movie must have a story or may be try to explain why are they there
  16. Oct 13, 2011
    Awesome movie Ill give it a 9.3 (9 in meta critic ). incredible story, cool actors and very emotional. This a movie. Christopher nolan you are the best!!!
  17. Jan 30, 2012
    At first I was like What's going on? But then it hit me. The movie is getting told backwards. And it's doing it in such a great way. So imaginative. Just wanting to see what's going to happen next and how he did get there.
  18. Apr 13, 2012
    Challengingly complex thriller from Christopher Nolan about a man with short-term memory loss out to avenge the murder of his wife. With two converging sequences of events being played out in parallel, Memento both demands and warrants careful attention throughout as the audience must hunt for clues in every scene to help piece together the puzzle. Watching one half of the story unfold backwards is demanding but genuinely rewarding as earlier events in the film are explained retrospectively.
    The film owes a great debt to the clever story telling technique employed by Nolan, as without this the story would actually be far less dramatic.
    Guy Pearce is superb as the aggrieved husband and plays his character with a subtly sly sense of humour considering the events unfolding.
  19. May 26, 2012
    This is the most innovative movie that I have ever seen. I recommend it to everyone who loves complex movies. You'll be a bit confused at the beginning and you're actually not understand the movie until the half. It's just a great movie!
  20. Nov 7, 2012
    Memento is not just any other movie, it
  21. Nov 28, 2012
    An unsparingly gripping and unforgettably remarkable thriller with an excellent story and intricately written characters. Masterstroke work here from one of the greatest directors still in this business.
  22. Dec 19, 2012
    Que mais se podia esperar de Nolan... Um grande thriller! Percebem-se as base de David Lynch, neste tipo de filmes, o que é óptimo, quiçá a melhor e mais original peça de Christopher Nolan.
  23. Jan 6, 2013
    Christopher Nolan's best movie. It makes you think and follow the story line by actually paying attention. It brings great life to movies that need some new blood in them. I asked for a physiological visionary and I got one.
  24. Feb 4, 2013
    This is an amazing movie, with an amazing concept, and an expert storyline to fit it. The idea of telling the story backwards is brilliant and works for his short-term memory loss. Guy Pearce was amazing in his role as Leonard Shelby. This film makes it obvious as to why Christopher Nolan is the greatest modern director and writer.
  25. Feb 6, 2013
    The coolest film noir I've ever seen. It's way of telling a story is very effective and gets viewers to feel like they themselves have to solve the mystery. It is well written and is probably my favorite of all Christopher Nolan films.
  26. Feb 22, 2013
    th movie makes such excellent use of it's plot device, that it's hard not to praise. i couldn't believe how difficult it was to play a movie back in time. everyone has to see it just for that.
  27. Apr 11, 2013
    One of the greatest, most unpredictable movies of the decade. A must-see.
  28. May 11, 2013
    AMAZING! My mind has literally been raped...If you aren't an analytical thinker; don't watch this film. If you love mystery and puzzle logic--then by all means this is the film for you!!! I am still trying to recover from the ecstatic shock I experienced while viewing the film. Wow! You're not just watching the film; you're alongside the character in his quest to find out the truth--and you solve the mystery before he does. I've never been so fully engaged in watching a movie...EVER! Expand
  29. Jun 10, 2013
    This is not a usual film. All the movies that i saw which were directed by christopher nolan were great and had of course twists. Loved this one. A masterpiece actually. Watch it
  30. Jun 19, 2013
    So inventive a film in reverse. Christopher Nolan has made a film here that cannot be replicated. A rare film that you can't miss a second of or you must start over.
  31. Jul 8, 2013
    The second best Christopher Nolan movie behind the dark knight. A movie unlike any other. It actually tells the movie backwards. This movie brings enjoyment. Awesome! 10/10
  32. Sep 28, 2013
    The movie "Memento" is one bizarre illustration of a rape story and its later consequences. It sets off with a murder from the look of which, the protagonist of the movie kills the guy who's raped and got it over with his wife. The look of satisfaction and enthusiasm on his face implies that he's gotten his revenge and will live relieved after this, but you can never say that as there is no afterward events; the story enjoys a reverse chronology. In a story employing this technique, the first scene shown is actually the conclusion to the plot. Once that scene ends, the penultimate scene is shown, and so on, so that the final scene the viewer sees is the first chronologically.
    This 2000 Christopher Nolan movie which is made well before Batman trilogy, The Prestige, and Inception, is based on a short story from Johnathan Nolan, the outstanding director’s brother who has been the co-screenwriter for Nolan’s other great works as well. All the first scenes are happening after the next one and just come to an end when the other one starts which is as strange on paper as it looks on the screen! Nonetheless, this is not the most moving factor in the movie as it is about to get even creepier. The main character of the story, Leonard Shelby [personalized by Guy Pearce] has lost his short memory in the unfortunate incident in a fight with the jerk raping his love. He would only keep the stuff going around him in his recollection for less than ten minutes. To remember things by, he has developed this taking pictures plus adding notes under them method. He usually carries a camera around and takes pictures from the people and places to have in his pocket which will be his only tool to judge people on their good and bad nature. It does not often pay off as the man would choose to write notes about people at the wrong time.
    Besides, Lenny has developed the habit of getting tattoos on his body about very important facts and information. The numbers of tattoos increase constantly, but never stop. The main character, who remembers to be a psychologist, usually talks of a Sammy Jackson which the viewer can never be certain of its existence which is the most terrifying fact.
    The movie leaves the viewer holding the bag and awing at the heaviness of a 2-hour backward story. It educates you that you can never judge people based on one situation, teaches you that even short term memory is a full blessing, and shows you that everything could start only when you think they've come to a bitter end.
    There it is: Christopher Nolan's weirdly overwhelming haunting movie that will make your jaw drop and leave you asking "what did I just watch?"
  33. Nov 12, 2013
    A beautifully crafted, mind bending thriller that will keep you guessing.
    From the brilliant mind of Christopher Nolan, Memento is an instant classic.
  34. Nov 24, 2013
    Simply mind blowing. An absolute masterpiece in script. There is no movie like it. It starts at the ending of the story, and the movie ends with the beginning. Sounds simple enough? Watch it. 9.5/10
  35. Dec 12, 2013
    Memento makes use of its unique premise into what is a near masterpiece. Christopher Nolan once again proves his storytelling skills with a non-linear storyline filled with twists, turns and shocking reveals.
  36. Jan 22, 2014
    Magnificent! This film kept me at the edge of my seat the entire time. When it comes to Psychological/Mystery Thrillers, things can get a little old hacked. After watching enough movies from this genre one can begin to sense where the story is headed, but when it came to the conclusion of this masterpiece I was completely dumbfounded. This is a must see for those who love a movie that will keep your attention and in fact, this movie demands it! Expand
  37. Feb 9, 2014
    One of the best movies ever concieved and also the best Christopher Nolan movie. It has the most unique storytelling you will ever experience and tells a brilliant story with a lot more room for free thinking. my favourite movie!
  38. Mar 14, 2014
    the movie is great , the plot very well knit . I admire Mr Nolan about this work > I enjoy this movie very clever plot . It takes me a while to understand it .

I believe the story of the movie goes like this :

the whole movie began when Lenny was speaking on the phone with a cop about a drug-dealer called Jimmy Grants , Teddy who claimed to be the cop gave Lenny some details about
    Jimmy where he would be in order to kill him , Lenny took Jimmy's clothes and the car then made some fact about Teddy his car license in order to kill him earlier .
    -the bar card from his pocket from Jimmy's suit which said " come after Natalie " this note suppose to be for jimmy not for him but he already didn't remember .

Natalie after she knows about his condition ,she used him to get rid of Doddy who asked her about the money drugs and what happened to Jimmy . here maybe Jimmy was her boyfriend ,she recognize the car and the clothes that Lenny used .
    Sammi's story : I believe it's a side story to bind with Lenny to make the audience to think that Sammi is Lenny himself .
  39. Apr 23, 2014
    A richly rewarding and incredibly innovative twist on the revenge thriller, Christopher Nolan's "Memento" features a standout performance from Guy Pearce and a story so intelligently and skilfully plotted and rendered, the payoff can make your jaw drop as all the pieces fall into place in your mind. Having only seen it once, I am conscious that perhaps my opinion may change with repeat viewings; however, "Memento" certainly makes the right first impression. It grips you, challenges you and, above all else, entertains you. Expand
  40. May 7, 2014
    Perhaps one of the most original ideas and script for a film in last 20 something years, it's evenly-paced with scientific accuracy, great acting from Guy Pearce and Joe Pantoliano, and Nolan's brilliant direction to drive this this thriller as one of the more intricate ones.
  41. Jun 26, 2014
    There's not much to say about "Memento" without spoiling anything, so I'm just gonna say: Watch it. The film's narrative structure will blow your mind.
  42. Jun 27, 2014
    As one of the first Nolan-esque movies of its kind, Memento and its director deserve a lot of credit. Movies like this must be so hard to write, film, and edit. The continuity issues, anachronisms, and the plot holes all have to be tied up in a nice little bow in order for it to work. Well, for the most part, Nolan has done the best he can with this complex-yet-simple, twisty-and-turny, flash-forward-flashback screenplay of his. The repetition and the way the story unfolds is pretty neat, and the cinematography is great thanks to Team Nolan's good ol' Wally Pfister. It's the type of Inception-ish movie where you have to be 100% focused on it at all times, and you have to be ready to think for a second. For the way the non-linear story plays out, it is a cinematic achievement, right up there with Pulp Fiction. Expand

1. A delicious one-time treat.
  2. Pearce, who's in every scene except the Sammy flashbacks, dominates the picture through his feral performance.
  3. Operates in an orbit somewhere between Oliver Sacks and Lewis Carroll. I can't remember when a movie has seemed so clever, strangely affecting and slyly funny at the very same time.