8.0

1. Jan 8, 2015
    I don't care for Will Smith, because he is WAY over the top with his "street cred" attitude in every show or movie I've ever seen him in. I don't get it. He's not that bad ass to be have that much ego. Further, the movie also contains a token cranky, veteran partner in Tommy Lee Jones who strikes me as just a crotchety old man throughout the whole thing. Great for kids, maybe, butI don't care for Will Smith, because he is WAY over the top with his "street cred" attitude in every show or movie I've ever seen him in. I don't get it. He's not that bad ass to be have that much ego. Further, the movie also contains a token cranky, veteran partner in Tommy Lee Jones who strikes me as just a crotchety old man throughout the whole thing. Great for kids, maybe, but likely will not date well, so the longevity of that demographic remains to be seen. Expand
  2. Jan 3, 2015
    Funny and hilarious, and at times not very believable - but that doesn't really matter, now does it? The aliens are not supposed to look real and cool, and this is a comedy rather than a full-blooded action movie. The relationship between our two agents is a bit bumpy, but in the end, they find the same note to follow.
  3. Ozy
    Oct 1, 2014
    This movie promised to be a fun, action packed sci fi comedy. It delivered on that 10/10 it definitely aint no documentary for those of you who are confused.
  4. Feb 3, 2014
    Men In Black will always be remembered for its two hilarious front men and it's famous "mind-zapping" tool that is frequently used throughout the series. Although not the best, Men In Black almost makes it there.
  5. Jan 2, 2014
    Really entertaining overall. Funny, action-packed, and intriguing, Men in Black is successful on really every front you could ask from a summer blockbuster. Not ground-breaking cinema in the least, this one is still a fun watch with great performances from Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith.
  6. Nov 13, 2013
    Few words in my vocabulary can describe 'Men in Black' other than interesting. Will Smith's comic dialogue coupled with Lee Jones' cynical role generate a fair amount of laughs. The CGI doesn't really the hurt the film, like most times in a live-action movie.
  7. Nov 12, 2013
    Men in Black attracts like a magnet.
    An extremely smart and comical extra terrestrial adventure, twisted with humanizing moments and characteristics. Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones click together in this well directed action comedy.
  8. Sep 1, 2013
    A favourite 90's flick of mine that never gets old no matter how many times I've seen it, and was also one of the first more mature films I watched growing up (as I would have only been around 7 when I first saw it). Jones & Smith play off each other perfectly in this Sci-Fi/Comedy/Action flick that has a nice blend of all three genres. There have been similar films to this but I think MIBA favourite 90's flick of mine that never gets old no matter how many times I've seen it, and was also one of the first more mature films I watched growing up (as I would have only been around 7 when I first saw it). Jones & Smith play off each other perfectly in this Sci-Fi/Comedy/Action flick that has a nice blend of all three genres. There have been similar films to this but I think MIB pulled it off the best thanks to the actors and characters, and its one of those classic 90's flicks. Expand
  9. Jun 20, 2013
    Men in Black was such an entertaining well acted sci-fi comedy. I enjoyed the chemistry between Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith and the bugs are kind of cool.
  10. May 27, 2013
    Men in Black is a fun effects driven blockbuster. It doesn't excel in any particular category but entertains throughout the run time. Linda Fiorentino is easy on the eyes too.
  11. May 12, 2013
    Initially the plot may seem slow and coiled, but after some of the film we discover one of the best pairs of pop culture interpreted by exelente W.Smith and TLJones, besides a story that bet on its originality.
  12. Apr 26, 2013
    A solidly conceived sci-fi action flick that embraces it silliness and offers up a bountiful mass of thrilling laughs.
  13. Mar 14, 2013
    I utterly adored this movie when it came out. Still do, but my feeling towards it have mellowed over the years. It's funny, original and has one of the best lines in human history: "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." I love that line and it more or less defines my personal ideology. Overall: MIB was a fantastic movie of its time and is andI utterly adored this movie when it came out. Still do, but my feeling towards it have mellowed over the years. It's funny, original and has one of the best lines in human history: "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." I love that line and it more or less defines my personal ideology. Overall: MIB was a fantastic movie of its time and is and always will be a great classic. Expand
  14. Jan 9, 2013
    Men in Black has some funny scenes with interesting characters that make the story move along. Will smith came across as annoying and irritating throughout the film.
  15. Dec 21, 2012
    A very,very overrated movie.It's a good movie but it does not at all deserve the praise it gets.The movie is quirky,has great special effects,and is funny,but it is also kind of dull.
  16. Dec 8, 2012
    A great science fiction movie that will make us see that we are not alone.
  17. Nov 25, 2012
    In terms of storyline, the film is pretty much disposable. But in terms of performances and over-the-top action, it's a slam dunk: Men In Black is a blast.
  18. Aug 13, 2012
  19. Oct 2, 2011
    "Men in Black" is a beast in entertaining the audience. It's joyfully unpredictable and fun with great characters. Great job, Barry Sonfield!!!
  20. Sep 17, 2011
    I can't think of a single complaint I have about this movie. It's a great film that you can rewatch again and again. The casting choices were absolutely perfect, the special effects are dazzling (for their time), the story isn't hard to follow (but it's not too simple either), it's funny, and it's got great action sequences. A perfect action-comedy.
  21. CRL
    Aug 26, 2011
    One of the best sci-fi comedies ever that plays perfectly off of the chemistry of its phenomenal leads and it's lighthearted and smart but still somewhat crazy plot.
  22. Feb 4, 2011
    Men In Black was entertaining in many ways however there were 2 reasons I found that severely limited it. 1- The Jokes while funny seemed to be more important than the actual story. The jokes seemed to keep the story going.
    2- The story was second rate due to the jokes, too many jokes and not enough story for my taste. Make me laugh, but make a creative story line to keep me encapsulated and interested.
    Because the storyline was run by the jokes, and the jokes weighed down what little there was of the story, the movie came off to me as more of a comedy series on youtube than a quality movie.

At the same time, I love fun comedy and thought the movie made for fun, though pointless TV. In conclusion MIB is very fun, IF your only looking for a laugh. Otherwise your looking as the wrong movie.
  23. Oct 27, 2010
    Here comes the Men in Black. they won't let you remember.
  24. Oct 27, 2010
    a funny commendy with will smith and tommy lee jones they have great chemistry in this film . a decent plot that feels like it was just over to fast and not really given more time to devilpe into some thing more intresting with the focus being more on jokes . still a good film .

1. Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith give uproarious comic performances as government agents ordered to keep New York's monsters in Manhattan, where they'll blend right in with the rest of the confusion.
    The snappy sci-fi hoot Men in Black...is a kind of "Independence Day" for smart people.
  3. A genially twisted riff on the familiar alien invaders story, a lively summer entertainment that marries a deadpan sense of humor to the strangest creatures around.