7.4

1. RickJ.G.
    Jul 4, 2002
    An imaginative vision of a future dystopia. Blows away "Attack of the Clones" visually. Not only is "Minority Report" a delight to watch, but it contains characters I cared about, particulary Anderton (Cruise) and Pre-Cog Agatha (Samatha Morton). At a time when Hollywood thinks it must choose between action/special effects and ideas, "Minority Report" is a delight in an Adam Sandler An imaginative vision of a future dystopia. Blows away "Attack of the Clones" visually. Not only is "Minority Report" a delight to watch, but it contains characters I cared about, particulary Anderton (Cruise) and Pre-Cog Agatha (Samatha Morton). At a time when Hollywood thinks it must choose between action/special effects and ideas, "Minority Report" is a delight in an Adam Sandler inspired mental wasteland. Some may complain about its lenght, but who cares. I wanted it to go on for another two hours and twenty minutes. Plus, I'm tired of complaints about the positive ending. Wake up folks: The year is 2002. We survived the Millenium New Year and Y2K. Now we should allow ourselves to have positive visions of the future. Expand
  2. DoctorM.
    Jul 6, 2002
    By far, one of the greatest no-nonsense science fiction movies to come along in quite a while. Minority Report gives the right mix of futuristic vision with modern day connections to prevent audience detachment. The story is both smartly written and properly paced to capture the attention of even the non-sci-fi patrons. Although Tom Cruise gives an above average performance, what truly By far, one of the greatest no-nonsense science fiction movies to come along in quite a while. Minority Report gives the right mix of futuristic vision with modern day connections to prevent audience detachment. The story is both smartly written and properly paced to capture the attention of even the non-sci-fi patrons. Although Tom Cruise gives an above average performance, what truly stands out in Minority Reoprt are the small roles by transient characters. You will not forget them and you will not forget this movie. Expand
  3. Mar 14, 2012
    Again, it's one of those films that are perfect because the mix of action and storytelling just works. While being still another approach to time paradoxes, Spielberg's direction and the dark, original plot elevate Minority Report to something special.
  4. AmanL.
    Jun 30, 2002
    Awesome.
  5. JinC.
    Jun 22, 2002
    An astonishing movie! not least of all because of the density of its references. it summons up classic hollywood films, video editing (!), history, literature, religion, current scientific research and the forensics work that more and more of the masses have become so familiar with as a result of other movies and popular tv. most surprising of all is the saavy and unapologizing way that An astonishing movie! not least of all because of the density of its references. it summons up classic hollywood films, video editing (!), history, literature, religion, current scientific research and the forensics work that more and more of the masses have become so familiar with as a result of other movies and popular tv. most surprising of all is the saavy and unapologizing way that MR embraces the GENRE to which it belongs - CYBERPUNK. philip k ended up inspiring this truly multidisciplinary category and the film's writers and spielberg strive to fulfill its membership, not avoiding it, not shying away. (in fact, even though cyberpunk has enjoyed a rather tenuous presence in film - from the mind blowing but flawed blade runner to the uneven virtuousity to the abominable johnny mnemonic, it seems that it is really coming into its own these days by way of MR and the MATRIX films... the genre is not a cinematic pariah then, perhaps just a bit ahead of its time.) (TRON and BRAINSTORM actually occupy the territory of CP as well but they did so before anyone knew what the heck was going on) i believe there is even a tip of the hat to 'cyberspacer' william gibson by the use of his term 'the sprawl', incorporating 'surgery parlors' as plot devices, and the unavoidable reality of illicit drug use into the forseeable future. i gotta say, it surprises me that probably THE DEFINING cyberpunk film comes from STEVEN SPIELBERG (?!) and as a film, it is tremendously well woven. a tapestry of setups and payoffs, plot developments and visual motifs, that intermesh perfectly into an organic, orgasmic, gestaltic whole. and spielberg REALLY does surprise! in this movie, he evokes bergman and hitchcock but not as one who homages on his decline like seeing one's life flash before his eyes. everything screams vitality and freshness and if possible, GROWTH! and on more than one occasion, an unbridled shriek from a particular girl in the audience proves that SS can still shock the heck out of an ever jaded movie going crowd. i can go on but i'll stop. see the movie. it's well worth full price. in a summer of really good summer movies, this is a great one that may actually succeed as more than a popcorn flick! Expand
  6. ChadS.
    Jun 28, 2002
    Samantha Morton makes you want to join Greenpeace and save the seals (it's those eyes). She is a special, special actress. Imagine what she could've done with Jodie Foster's role in "Nell". As for the movie, it's a masterpiece up to the point Cruise and the pre-cog exit the mall. The d.p. deserves a special award for his work here. I even like "Lost Souls" now.
  7. ChrisG.
    Aug 9, 2002
    My favorite movie so far this year. Spielberg wows us with a fantastic future and compells us with an increadable story. Not to mention there are an array of fine performances.
  8. SamP.
    Aug 4, 2002
    I do not watch mindless action thrillers!!! And let me tell you, "Minority Report" is NOT one of them!!! Sure it has its fair share of action and special effects but it doesn't have a sickeningly sentimental ending like last years, "A.I."! Which is a very good thing!!! The only bad moment I had watching "Minority Report" was when I was in such suspense that I gripped the bottom of my I do not watch mindless action thrillers!!! And let me tell you, "Minority Report" is NOT one of them!!! Sure it has its fair share of action and special effects but it doesn't have a sickeningly sentimental ending like last years, "A.I."! Which is a very good thing!!! The only bad moment I had watching "Minority Report" was when I was in such suspense that I gripped the bottom of my seat and noticed I had used gum all over my hands!!! To summarize all my thoughts (of which I have many) in one simple sentence would go somewhat like this: "Minority Report" is a landmark of visual and intellectual storytelling that is 100% fun the entire time. Expand
  9. AndreasR.
    Feb 10, 2003
    This is without doubt the best film of 2002. Steven Spielberg has made the 3rd masterpiece in a row (SPR, AI, MR). FANTASTIC. [****SPOILER: Consider that the last part of the film could be a dream! END SPOILER****.]
  10. AdamE.
    Nov 16, 2002
    This is a very clever and impressive sci-fi film that manages to keep the Philip K. Dick atmosphere. Mind blowing sp.effects,a fascinating story and a truly excellent performance from Cruise makes this movie one of the best since Blade Runner. I went to see it twice and I loved it!
  11. CyrusC.
    Dec 29, 2002
    My God, what are great movie.
  12. JimS.
    Jun 21, 2002
    This is what you get when you pair a star and director who are both in peak form. Amazing.
  13. AndrewE.
    Jun 22, 2002
    Quite possibly the best movie I've ever seen.
  14. WendyL.
    Jun 22, 2002
    One of the best I've ever seen. Excellent plot, special effects, everything was top notch! It's been a long time since I've been so entertained with a sci-fi thriller.
  15. Michael
    Jun 23, 2002
    This was a great movie with a couple of excellent twists. DEFINITELY worth seeing (I plan to see it again).
  16. BrianK.
    Jun 24, 2002
    For those of you who hated this movie get your head examined! I love Spielberg's newest darkest side, The movie was very intense, provocatively directed and fast paced, the premise was excellent, Tom Cruise was great. If you thought his acting was bad, you really need to understand what good acting is because you have no clue. This movie works on all levels its funny, scary, and For those of you who hated this movie get your head examined! I love Spielberg's newest darkest side, The movie was very intense, provocatively directed and fast paced, the premise was excellent, Tom Cruise was great. If you thought his acting was bad, you really need to understand what good acting is because you have no clue. This movie works on all levels its funny, scary, and exciting. The best movie of the summer hands down! Expand
  17. JonahB.
    Jul 3, 2002
    This movie is a modern masterpiece. Spielberg delivers a movie which has action, humor, and original plot and (rarest these days) a thought provoking subject. This movie goes all-out, and comes back with an amazing result.
  18. IanR.
    Jul 4, 2002
    If you thought Blade Runner was an excellent movie then you need your head examined. This is less pretentious, more exciting, better acted and amounts, crucially, to more than the sum of its parts. Spielberg has taken the same dystopian view of the future that he created to such disappointing results in AI and, without the burden of Kubrick round his neck, has infused it with a coherent If you thought Blade Runner was an excellent movie then you need your head examined. This is less pretentious, more exciting, better acted and amounts, crucially, to more than the sum of its parts. Spielberg has taken the same dystopian view of the future that he created to such disappointing results in AI and, without the burden of Kubrick round his neck, has infused it with a coherent soul. What was a mish-mash then is fluid now and what was sentimental then is tempered in this film to be almost bearable. It has action, it has humour, it has character and it has a degree of intelligence that is inconceivable by today's Hollywood standards. I can see nothing more to ask for, except perhaps a less obvious conclusion, but that is made forgivable and then some by what has gone before. Go see it then bore your kids about it in 15 years. Expand
  19. M.Siegler
    Jul 7, 2002
    A great hollywood film. Spielberg makes good use of his ability to get and make anything he wants.
  20. MauricioF.
    Aug 17, 2002
    The most realistic future I've ever seen in a film... Great futuristc investigation! Incredible direction... Excellent story...
  21. MattK.
    Aug 3, 2002
    Awesome Movie you have to see it right now!!!! One of the best movies EVER. If i could, i'd give it a 12! It has awesome action, an amazing plot, and has you on the edge of your seat the whole movie. You have to see this!!!
  22. BenW.
    Sep 13, 2003
    This is a brilliant movie, and not what the T.V. advertisments made it out to be at all. It sets an example and makes a mockery out of many other sci-fi thrillers. One of the best of 2002, and for sure, Spielberg's best, for making every minute of this film thrilling and enthralling, especially in the visual department.
  23. SpecTacular
    Jan 15, 2004
    Spectacular.
  24. JamesM
    Dec 20, 2005
    An unlikely classic in amongst endless Spielberg garbage.
  25. JavierU.
    Aug 28, 2005
    This is my favourite Spielberg movie, but I know it's not the best of the ones he has done. Anyway the acting is nice, the story is interesting and the visuals are stunning.
  26. R.L
    Mar 12, 2009
    Minority Report is an exceptional piece of work, another great movie form Steven Spielberg and Tom Cruise that shows you a whole new side to the Sci-Fi world. Minority report tells the story of John Anderson, the head of a experimental division that catches criminals before they commit the crime.All things are going well until someone sets Anderson up for murder. Now He's got one Minority Report is an exceptional piece of work, another great movie form Steven Spielberg and Tom Cruise that shows you a whole new side to the Sci-Fi world. Minority report tells the story of John Anderson, the head of a experimental division that catches criminals before they commit the crime.All things are going well until someone sets Anderson up for murder. Now He's got one chance to clear his name try to find who set him up and why. Minority Report is an amazing film steeped in outstanding special effects and an amazing story based on the short story by the legendary king of Sci-Fi Phillip K. Dick, Tom Cruise is in top form and delivers one of his best and most potent action performances, solidifying why he is one of the best in the business. This film is an amazing example that shows what would happen if we had the power to prevent crimes before they would ever committed. IT shows that a power like that should never be used, but it could also be a benefit to our society. Minority Report is an exceptional Sci-Fi ride that you just don't want to miss. it's a movie that will keep you coming back to it for more. Expand
  27. RyanM.
    Jun 21, 2002
    This is flat out one of the greatest cinematic experiences that anyone to walk the earth will ever endure.
  28. BobD.
    Jun 21, 2002
    There was not a flaw in this movie. I do not understand why some critics could possibly dislike this. I never thought Tom Cruise could act until this movie. It should of got a 105 on the metascore. In short, it kicked ass.
  29. ArnoldP.
    Jun 23, 2002
    I am compelled to give this terrific piece of entertainment it's due, despite flaws ( so who's perfect?) A deliciously gripping mix of noir and futuristic hokum elaborately adapted from a very short story that was visually expanded to explode on the screen, and it does!. Cruise soars as the lead is redeemed from clinkers like Vanilla Sky and Eyes Wide Shut. He is ably assisted I am compelled to give this terrific piece of entertainment it's due, despite flaws ( so who's perfect?) A deliciously gripping mix of noir and futuristic hokum elaborately adapted from a very short story that was visually expanded to explode on the screen, and it does!. Cruise soars as the lead is redeemed from clinkers like Vanilla Sky and Eyes Wide Shut. He is ably assisted by some dazzling co-stars playing; a tormentd "pre-cog" and a demented opthomologist. "So what!" , even if the great director is compelled to mix in his mommies feel good chicken soup in an embarrassingly mawkish ending it was a very worthwhile trip. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    Spielberg's sharpest, brawniest, most bustling entertainment since "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and the finest of the season's action epics.
  2. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    Ferociously intense, furiously kinetic, it’s expressionist film noir science fiction that, like all good sci-fi, peers into the future to shed light on the present.
  3. This is the kind of pure entertainment that, in its fullness and generosity, feels almost classic.