Mirror Mirror

5.4

1. Jun 16, 2012
    mirror mirror on the wall who.........has the hairiest eyebrows of them all. sorry i just had to. anyway, i put off seeing this movie for a couple of weeks based on all the negative reviews that i heard of it. but i had a bunch of free time so i decided to watch it and man was i glad i did. this is a really fun movie, from start to (close to the) finish. the acting was great, even from themirror mirror on the wall who.........has the hairiest eyebrows of them all. sorry i just had to. anyway, i put off seeing this movie for a couple of weeks based on all the negative reviews that i heard of it. but i had a bunch of free time so i decided to watch it and man was i glad i did. this is a really fun movie, from start to (close to the) finish. the acting was great, even from the supporting. the writing and directing was great. the only thing that i had a problem with was the forest scenes. they just looked so artificial that i sometimes took me out of the movie. and knowing that it was a Tarsem movie made it even worse. also the musicale number was just so out of place (and so was the music that went with it), but those are negligible. you know when they say "a movie for the whole family", and it turns out just to be a bunch of bs. well this is the kind of movie that they are talking about, i really do think that everyone would enjoy this movie. Expand
  2. Mar 30, 2012
    I am so surprised by the negative reviews, as I saw this with 12 fifth graders and their families and we all loved it! The casting was great, the dwarves were a riot, and the inside jokes were fantastic. Give it a try!
  3. Mar 31, 2012
    The critics really need to lighten up, this is pure fun entertainment. Mirror Mirror wasn't good, it was great. The cast was hilariously perfect. Julia Roberts is a constant scene-stealer, Armie Hammer was the perfect prince, the dwarves were funny, and hot newcomer Lily Collins was solid. Goofy entertainment for the kids and the script was extremely funny, adults will love all the doubleThe critics really need to lighten up, this is pure fun entertainment. Mirror Mirror wasn't good, it was great. The cast was hilariously perfect. Julia Roberts is a constant scene-stealer, Armie Hammer was the perfect prince, the dwarves were funny, and hot newcomer Lily Collins was solid. Goofy entertainment for the kids and the script was extremely funny, adults will love all the double entendre's and some social commentary on the upper classes that govern the people. Singh even managed to fit in some hilarious lines on forced inter-species intercourse that had me burst with laughter in the theatre. Stay for the credits to see Snow White's Bollywood-inspired end. Will definitely watch it again Expand
  4. Apr 10, 2012
    My pre-teen daughter and I watched it and enjoyed it. It wasn't spectacular but I didn't find any major fault with it. I laughed out loud several times.
  5. Apr 2, 2012
    I like Tarsem, but I went into this film expecting a cringeworthy kids film. I was pleasantly surprised by the all ages humor, twists on the original story, and awesome costume design.
  6. Apr 1, 2012
    This movie was a lot of fun. I've been seeing a lot of reviews call it weak and for children. I don't agree at all. I think the people saying those things are those who have lost their innocence and imagination. I read a review where someone said, "This movie is a delight and it doesn't need to be anything else." I completely agree. I actually found myself laughing a lot during the film.This movie was a lot of fun. I've been seeing a lot of reviews call it weak and for children. I don't agree at all. I think the people saying those things are those who have lost their innocence and imagination. I read a review where someone said, "This movie is a delight and it doesn't need to be anything else." I completely agree. I actually found myself laughing a lot during the film. Tarsem's vision is gorgeous, as it always is. Great job, once again sir. Expand
  7. Apr 3, 2012
    I think critics are misunderstanding the point of this movie. It's a pure visual treat and I found some of the innuendos to be clever and funny :-). It's not a deep movie plot wise, and it doesn't need to be. It's simply a rendering of a fairytale that makes you smile from start to finish.
  8. Mar 30, 2012
    Two snow whites this year, is a great considence, and the first is Mirror Mirror, with Collins and Roberts, and I need say, the film can not be the better of the comedy films, but is really funny, I love this version of Snow White.
  9. Mar 16, 2013
    Probably about as mainstream as Tarsem gets, this adaptation plays the fairytale setting pretty straight, with excellent art direction and unique visual style (to be expected). Mirror Mirror has what Snow White and the Huntsman doesn't; craft, imagination and levity.
  10. Jun 15, 2012
    In my opinion this movie was a little underestimated. I found it a really funny comedy with some ingenious found here and there. Besides being a comedy also seemed to be a parody of Snow White. Perhaps the only flaw is that in two or three times it lingers a bit but for the rest is hilarious.
  11. Apr 13, 2012
    Angels: This is a fun movie. Its like candy floss, as we would say in England, or cotton candy as we say over here. The director's vision is beautiful and imaginative, it really is a fairy-tale setting, and the script is light-hearted and witty. There are also some cute plot twists. The whole experience is like a delightful and enjoyable confection, not too sweet, not too sour and notAngels: This is a fun movie. Its like candy floss, as we would say in England, or cotton candy as we say over here. The director's vision is beautiful and imaginative, it really is a fairy-tale setting, and the script is light-hearted and witty. There are also some cute plot twists. The whole experience is like a delightful and enjoyable confection, not too sweet, not too sour and not too heavy. Was it perfect? Well, really, given that it was a retelling of a well known fairy tale, and it tried to make the story recognizable despite some variations, it was pretty close to perfect - given what it was aiming to do. I usually don't care for movies that make fun of dwarfs, but as this was a retelling of Snow White and the 7 dwarfs, a little dwarf humor could not be avoided. Also, Prince Charming was not very, you know charming. But still, given all of this movies good points, I don't want to quibble.
    Angels, as always, you bless me.
  12. Apr 19, 2012
    Mirror mirror is a retelling of Snow White, the classical fairy tale everyone knows and loves. The movie doesn't reflect (no pun intended) the disney classic frame by frame, instead it follows its own path trying to give more personality and motivation to the characters. I don't want to spoil anything, but I found the plot enjoyable. This time you can feel the conflict between Snow whiteMirror mirror is a retelling of Snow White, the classical fairy tale everyone knows and loves. The movie doesn't reflect (no pun intended) the disney classic frame by frame, instead it follows its own path trying to give more personality and motivation to the characters. I don't want to spoil anything, but I found the plot enjoyable. This time you can feel the conflict between Snow white and the Queen: a conflict that leads to very amazing action scenes, my favourite scene is when the mirror acts like a puppet master to control monsters after the main lead. Some people may think that the movie is "just for kids": they couldn't be more wrong. I laughed very loud all the way during the movie, it's very funny and I think all the actors were having a lot of fun doing their scenes. One last praise must go to the visual aspect of the movie: scenery and costumes are astounding, you have the feeling of being there. In the end I recommend this movie to everyone, funny dialogue, nice action scenes, amazing visuals. Expand
  13. May 2, 2012
    A nice movie for kids.It makes you wanna re watch it but it makes you go back to sleeping beauty but its different also nice and cool detailing nothing violent in the movie just fun and funny creative movie.Just like a normal movie to watch or read as bed time story.
  14. Aug 13, 2012
    Tarsem sure knows how to make a good-looking movie. The cast looks like they're having fun in this movie.
  15. Dec 7, 2012
    The old story of Snow White is retold in a refreshing way with Mirror Mirror. Rarely have I seen costumes and sets play such pivotal parts. This fun filled romance has a first rate beast at the end. The thrilling plot developments and wonderful acting keeps the show engaging. I greatly appreciate the clever way the background of the tale is introduced. The end has all those boring creditsThe old story of Snow White is retold in a refreshing way with Mirror Mirror. Rarely have I seen costumes and sets play such pivotal parts. This fun filled romance has a first rate beast at the end. The thrilling plot developments and wonderful acting keeps the show engaging. I greatly appreciate the clever way the background of the tale is introduced. The end has all those boring credits along with a beautiful music video kind of clip. Yes Julia Roberts does a great job here but she is not alone in making this magical show. I would recommend this movie for the following.

Family night

Romantics

Children

Girlie girls

Insomniacs

Baby sitters
  16. Oct 12, 2014
    Espelho, Espelho Meu reflete a velha história da Cinderela, mas com um toque a mais. A produção não chega a ser excelente e memorável, mas é boa de assistir.
  17. Jan 15, 2016
    Love,love this movie! Its such a fun version of the classic tale & the actors in it are amazing!! Its great for familes, it has beautiful storytelling, costumes, has wonderful action/adventure scenes, & great humor!! Plus an awesome song that is addicting to listen too!
  18. Aug 23, 2015
    Lily Collins is fantastic as Snow White... the swordfighting scene between her and the prince is the best!! She has lots of potential to do great things, and anyone with Audrey Hepburn hair cannot go wrong!
  19. Feb 4, 2016
    Mirror Mirror features over-indulgent story moments and, at times, hammy performances but still delivers a mostly fun riff on the Snow White story.

Watch this movie here for free http://www.watchfree.to/watch-29b11e-Mirror-Mirror-movie-online-free-putlocker.html
  20. Jan 6, 2016
    Não sei o que as pessoas tem contra o filme, que é ótimo. Claro, não é "o filme", mas é uma ótima produção, uma boa releitura da história da Branca de Neve. Como sempre, Julia Roberts está impecável no seu papel.

1. Reviewed by: Kimberley Jones
    Apr 5, 2012
    This is fussy filmmaking, overly made-up (the costume mandate seems to include the buzzwords "coffee filters," "croquembouche," and "Day-Glo paint") and bereft of wit.
  2. Reviewed by: Neil Smith
    Apr 4, 2012
    To borrow a line Roberts spits at Collins, there's something about Mirror that's incredibly irritating. Fingers crossed Huntsman has more edge.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Apr 2, 2012
    It's evasive and feeble; Julia Roberts is not a properly funny or satisfying villain, and yet neither is she the interestingly flawed, even sympathetic figure she might have been if the film had kept the all-important question she asks the mirror.