7.6

1. Nov 9, 2014
    With incredible action sequences and stellar acting all around, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol serves a landmark for action popcorn movies with wit, style and fun.
  2. Aug 24, 2014
    M:I 4 - another impossible mission made possible with difficult stunts.

This is the fourth part in a series, and it keeps to the spirit of the previous movies, providing breath-taking situation, betrayals, backstabbing, unknown elements and pushing human limits to achieve victory and save humanity (your standard action movie).

Tom Cruise is his usual self, as is Ethan Hunt. His team
    is new (although we did see a glimpse of Ving Rhames, who played Luther in three previous movies). While Ethan's team wasn't bad, with Simon Pegg and Jeremy Renner being faces I like from before, they weren't given that much background or room to grow. (Plus they totally ruined Renner's character's back-story that was driving him so hard.)

A pleasant surprise was Samuli Edelmann's performance. I always dread Finnish actors in foreign productions, but he was rather good, I must admit, speech included.

All in all the plot was good, the story moved fast, but at the same time it felt that it had been... split into pieces, making it feel less like one whole story when moving from one location to the next. I also wasn't a fan of the starting credits, which kind of showed scenes from the upcoming movie; I would have liked them to allow me to keep guessing a bit longer about where they were going to journey in the movie.

A must-see for Cruise fans and those who have enjoyed other M:I movies. Action guaranteed, and a few good laughs too, seeing as Pegg's character was there mostly for the laughs.
  3. May 25, 2014
    Ghost Protocal was a vast improvement in the Mission Impossible series since the first one back in 1996. The cast is good im sure they could have picked a better female(Paula Patton) for this role but she did well. Simon Pegg did a great job acting in this movie though they still used him for some comic relief. To be honest i was not pleased on how Jeremy Renner character was just thrown into the movie.

Still this was a great two hour long movie with the opening scene being around ten minutes long i enjoyed it from start to finish.
  4. Feb 9, 2014
    "Ghost Protocol is ridonculous," in the words of "How I Met Your Mother" 's Ted Mosby. He's damn right, even if that is a fictional show. This movie rocked. The action scenes were exciting and exhilarating, and the plot was pretty spot on. Even the script was pretty good, with some funny jokes and realistic conversations. I also loved the gadgets and gizmos they used, whether they were using that screen that simulated objects behind them in the Kremlin, or those gloves Cruise wore that stick to the side of buildings. Really well-done fourth installment. If a fourth installment to a series is this good, you know the series is top notch. I really hope they make a fifth. Expand
  5. Dec 14, 2013
  6. Nov 15, 2013
    I haven't seen any of the previous "Mission: Impossible" films but I can tell you that "Ghost Protocol" is amazing. It's thrilling, breathtaking and intelligent. Tom Cruise fits perfectly well as his role here, and probably is one of his most fitting roles, if you don't count "Minority Report".
  7. Jul 22, 2013
    When the IMF is implicated in an attack on the Kremlin Ethan Hunt and his team are forced to go rouge in order to clear their name and prevent nuclear war.

As with most big-budget blockbusters there are a few things that don’t really add up if you think about them too much but it is easy to forgive any plot holes in a movie that is so entertaining. The Mission Impossible franchise is of
    course famous for its plethora of outrageous gadgets and they are put to use here to create some fantastic set pieces, including the much talked about scene in which Hunt scales the Burj Khalifa in Dubai using only a pair of prototype adhesive gloves. Refreshingly CGI free it is a rare joy to behold such impressive stunt work.

The chemistry between the small team, on whom much of the movie focuses, is also very good. Benji (Simon Pegg) is given more screen time providing genuine comic relief and the addition of Brandt (Jeremy Renner) as a more down to earth, but equally effective, agent adds a further dimension to proceedings.

All in all Ghost Protocol is an excellent addition to the series and proof that there is still plenty of life left in Mission Impossible yet.
  8. Jun 19, 2013
    Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol shows that the franchise is still going strong. Tom Cruise once again gives a top notch performance and Brad Bird shows a great eye for action scenes.
  9. May 19, 2013
    Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol disposes of the over-the-top mindless action sequences that burdened the previous films in the series and succeeds by injecting realistic and believable action based stunts that parallel a intriguing and well- developed story
  10. May 16, 2013
    It is amazing how the director managed to change the style of the franchise, leaving the film much funnier and violent while transformanado the plot into something more interesting complex, and once again starring Tom Cruise so good.
  11. Apr 30, 2013
    I agree 100% with weisberger. I honestly don't see how anyone likes this movie. The plot is incredibly shallow and generic, Explains pretty much nothing, and the dialogue is awful. The action scenes are poorly done and are so incredibly unrealistic that it leaves you dumb-founded. I really don't see how anyone could give this movie a position review let alone critical acclaim.
  12. Mar 28, 2013
    My first 'Mission Impossible" movie that did not at all leave me disappointing. The characters were well developed and a good amount of humor was matched with the action.
  13. Feb 9, 2013
    The best in the series. Stretches the imagination and the laws of physics at times. Had some truly epic scenes like the ones shot in Dubai, and also some that infuriated the hell out of me. The plot was typical_ chasing a one dimensional villain around the globe.
  14. Jan 14, 2013
    For re-watch value, sheer fun, entertainment, awe-inspirng special effects and excellent performances, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol is flawless. Not only is it one of the best action films in previous years, but it is hard not to watch over again after finishing it.
    Tom Cruise returns for a fourth time as the adrenaline rushed IMF agent Ethan Hawke, joined again by Simon Pegg(Star
    Trek) as Benji, and introducing Paula Patton(Precious) as IMF agent Jane Carter and Jeremy Renner(The Hurt Locker) as a Chief analyst within the IMF.
    Right from the get-go, director Brad Bird lights the fuse, and it creates an explosive, action packed film which never ceases to amaze and entertain.
    What simply works with this movie is its fast-paced action which never gets old, one critic compared it to a "sleight of hand" action film, completely on the mark, it flawlessly incorporates action with humour, and executes visual masterpieces with ease and shoulder-shrugging envy. The scenes involving Cruise scaling the Burj Khalifa tower in Dubai, the tallest building to grace our earth, are easily some the greatest visually satisfying scenes of our time, not only was it jaw-dropping, but Cruise was in fact climbing it himself, without a stunt double in sight. These scenes amongst many others in the film are so unique that they are completely absurd to the point that they are too good to be believed.
    Patton excels as as the emotionally driven agent Carter, and Brit Simon Pegg is replicating his Scotty character from Star Trek, but thats not a bad thing.
    MIGP still manages to maintain its over the top scenes which we seen in previous instalments, but not only is GP better than the others by a long shot, but it tries to set out on its own and does this with ease, much like Fast Five, GP will surpass and amaze the expectations of most, simply because they brought fun and entertainment back to the table, Its a hard thing to do after three previous instalments but Brad Bird, coupled with an excellent cast, have managed to create a story driven sequel that bangs,bops and sleekly edges its way into our heart.
    For what it is, and for the amazing set pieces at work, its cunning ability to pull off its magician-like charm, Mission Impossible:Ghost Protocol is a new path in the right direction and will get a perfect 10 for its flawless delivery....Mission Accomplished!
  15. Jan 5, 2013
    Ghost Protocol is probably the strongest entry in the Mission Impossible series so far. It's a fast paced, strong plot loaded with exciting action set pieces, none more so than the Burj Khalifa stunts, which look fantastic. With clever gadgets, missions, disguises and Hunt working as part of a true IMF team, Ghost Protocol stays true to the Mission Impossible mantra. Speaking of the IMF team, Paula Patton, Jeremy Renner and Simon Pegg add to the film's dynamics as well as most of the film's humourous moments. Make no mistake though, Ghost Protocol is Tom Cruise's film. When Ethan Hunt is on form, and is he in Ghost Protocol, Cruise probably doesn't play a better character these days. He seems to thrive on the stunts he performs himself and the film is better for it. The film isn't without its flaws however, I didn't feel that anywhere near enough emphasis was placed on Michael Nyqvist's villain. In fact, I could barely remember him the following day! Also, for the fact that the film is based on a protocol that supposedly renders the team with no support or back-up, it didn't really seem to have any impact at all on the mission. I can't remember it really being mentioned later on.

All things considered though, Ghost Protocol is a really enjoyable action film with some fantastic action sequences.
  16. Jan 3, 2013
    Now, to tell you guys i wasn't really excited about Mission: Impossible 4. Why? Cause of "Knight and Day" It was fun, but not really smart. Okay, i saw the movie and it wasn't just good. it was GREAT and EPIC! This movie had everything a sequel needs. It's got great action, smart suspense, it's well acted, well directed and it goes into directions that you don't even expect. Every time, you're gonna be like "I was totally not expecting that, and that is AWESOME!" There's even a scene where Ethan Hunt's climbing the Dubai tower, which is the tallest tower in the world, and he does that by Spider-Man crawling up the glass. It turned out to be the best and most exciting scene in the entire movie. Also, they made this absurd that doesn't even exist, but it's so damn awesome! I really like that, it was awesome. We got a great and epic summer movie in winter. I'm serious, you should go and check it out, it's totally worth watching Expand
  17. Dec 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What Could go wrong with Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol with Tom Cruise.
    Nothing really it was a good movie. Except for one thing. The action scenes at times were pretty cheesy and a bit inbelieveable. With Tom Cruise in Jack Reacher which is his latest film that to has cheesy scenes.
    The cheesiet part in the film is when Tom Cruise is on the building trying to swing over to a window he was trying to reach. Oh my god he falls and he hangs onto a ledge.
    Cheesy..............
    They could've done that scene totally different😞
    Seriously.
    Overall besides the bad cheesy scenes I give it
    10 full stars😃
  18. Dec 25, 2012
    Favorite action movie of 2011/2012. Lots of extreme action and it has a plot. Tom Cruse is a very good actor. I would go see this movie 10000000000 times and never get tired of it.
  19. Dec 23, 2012
    A film that takes the audience from Budapest to Moscow to Dubai to India and maybe a few other international destinations in-between! There is some spectacular looking stunt work and some cracking effects; hats off to those guys! All the performances were very good with Tom Cruise playing Ethan Hunt with his usual aplomb. It was nice to see a little comic relief provided by the inclusion of Simon Pegg; the comedic two-and-fro between him and Jeremy Renner was particularly amusing. Maybe the plot might have been a little over-complicated, but over all I found it a pretty enjoyable watch.

SteelMonster
  20. Dec 19, 2012
    I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan. But I thought the action in this movie was great. I kept saying ouch & wincing whenever he smashed into a wall or whatnot. Cruise is looking a tad too skinny in this movie. You especially notice this during the scene in the hospital when he's shirtless. Thought Jeremy Renner, was good in this movie. Simon Pegg was funny & Paula Patton was beautiful. She can kick some butt too. I always like to see strong female characters. I almost didn't recognize Josh Holloway in the beginning of the movie. Where did he disappear to? Anway, stunning location shoots, great action & solid acting. Me like! Expand
  21. Dec 15, 2012
    After watching this film, I was filled with utter apathy for it. Definitely didn't hate it, but really didn't enjoy it either. Sort of like sitting at a red light waiting for the next great green thing to come along, but really in that moment you are just sitting there doing nothing staring at some red glowing circle. Blah.
  22. Dec 15, 2012
    This movie really upset me with the amount of endorsed advertisements in it. And this movie had potential but shot down by greed to become a giant advertisement. Mission impossible was about secret-super agents that had access to high-tech gadgets. What this movie had in store was iPhone, after iPad, after iPhone. Like seriously I know the secret service does not use Apple everything to get things done otherwise they would get NOTHING done. Not to mention that there's only one brand of car in the world of "Mission Impossible" and that is BMW. So we paid for a two hour advertisement...Cool. Expand
  23. Nov 28, 2012
    Breathtaking visuals, enchanting characters and dialogue, and some truly intelligent storytelling not only make "Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol" the best of the franchise, but maybe even the best of its kind.
  24. Nov 7, 2012
    No matter how well done they are, spy movies with neat gadgets have never been enough to entertain me. The film has wooden characters and lazy dialogue. I am not entertained, but perhaps you will be. This is the kind of film that will be perceived differently depending on what the viewer is looking for.
  25. Aug 18, 2012
    Pixar's Brad Bird makes his live-action debut with the second best M:I film in the series. The action is well choreographed and they don't try to overload the viewer by leaving room for the story developent and dialogue scenes. It's a fun spectacle and reinvigorates a series that was on a downhill slope. Bring on M:I-5!
  26. Aug 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is one of the most overrated movies ever made. The fourth Mission Impossible continues the trend of the film series showing disrespect and drifting away from its source material both totally and thematically in favour of meaningless action sequences which make more sense. Speaking of action, let me start off by saying that I found these "amazing" action scenes pretty underwhelming. After every car chase, fist fight or gun fight it all left me thinking "that's it?". The gadgets thus time were more ridiculous than ever, it made Die Another Day look real. As for the story its the same old meaningless generic nuclear war **** turning USA and Russia on each other, only this time it's poorly done. it starts off with a Kremlin bombing which has no sort of impact on the world. The world is on the brink of World War 3 and nbdy anywhere gives a damn. There's no sort of political crisis going on following the bombing. In Dubai nobody cared, in India they were partying all the way. The Sum Of All Fears played its WW3 story much better and that movie was a dud. The characters, including Jeremy Renner were very boring and wooden. Ethan Hunt continues to be the most overrated spy in the world, he's got nothing on James Bond or Jason Bourne. The villain was idiotically generic, his motives are incoherent and dumb, and he was underdeveloped. Like I previously said, this is generic **** The movie felt more like a commercial for the new BMW than it did an actual movie. Overall rating 3/10. Expand
  27. Jul 16, 2012
    It's only a matter of time before people change their minds, me being one of them. It's understandable that this film was good, but it just felt like a repeat. Mission Impossible is always about undertaking missions and solving them with technology. I've seen other films that have more soul than this. At least characters like Simon Pegg were there to provide comic relief otherwise I don't think I would have laughed at all in the cinema. Tom Cruise doesn't have to be the all-singing all dancing character taking part in things where he has to do something amazing every 5 minutes. And spy films - what, is this supposed to be, everything made of electronics and gadgets freaking everywhere? We cannot act like these types of films don't have souls, because they do. This one didn't pull it off. Expand
  28. Jul 7, 2012
    This has been the best action film I have seen in a long time. Me and my whole family loved this movie. I have always like the "Mission Impossible" movies.
  29. Jun 26, 2012
    This is definitely the best action pack movie from Mission Impossible series and the best action pack movies this year. It is a non-stop action movie right from the beginning till the end. It is very important to catch audience attention for the first 2 to 5 minutes of play time. This movie did a great job on this and kept continuing till the end. Action packed movies lovers would definitely quarantee to love this. Expand
  30. Jun 15, 2012
    The plot can be unoriginal, it seems you've seen it lots of times, but it entertains you. It is a good movie because of this: is entertaining. It's intense, a lot of action, and some more action too. But that's what matter. End of story.
  31. Jun 8, 2012
    This movie has so much mad technology and crazy stuff going on, and tom cruise is such a super action man, with enough world weariness to be convincing, and some other bloke in it is kick ass, etc, etc, how come I can't remember any of the dialogue and only vaguely a couple of action sequences? It's so overproduced it is basically forgettable, and as such.... well, it is just not really at all involving. if you've got a tv the size of your wall you'll like a couple of scenes, otherwise you'll get much more fun out of a video game for an hour or so.. Expand
  32. Jun 8, 2012
    Your mission, Mr Cruise..is to create a vehicle to save your career from going into the 'hell hole' that traps many A-listers once they reach middle age. WIth that in mind, mission accomplished. By reigning in his ego, and creating the first Mission Impossible that doesn't feel like 'The Mr Tom Cruise show', Cruise salvages his career and created one of the best action film of 2011. Great action, great ensemble, super set pieces (especially in Dubai). It is the best Mission Impossible of the four. Expand
  33. Jun 4, 2012
    Good enough to watch once, maybe twice. Acting wasn't that great, except for Cruise. Good movie. Enough action and kept going well throughout. Blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah
  34. May 25, 2012
    all that was good about this movie was the effects and action other than that theres not much to this movie the plot is just an excuse to see tom cruise blow things up. there are only a few moments in the entire movie where they explain the plot or who enemy is in the entire film i just saw it for the action and thats what i expected and thats what i got.
  35. May 16, 2012
    Since 1996 the Mission Impossible series has thrived in the action genre, delivering exhilarating action, high tech gadgets and nail biting escape sequences. Twenty five years later. Tom Cruise returns again with a new team to take on the fourth entry in the series, Ghost Protocol.

Ghost Protocol follows on from the third; during an interception of an important file in Moscow, the Kremlin
    is blown up and the blame placed solely on IMF. The secret organisation is disavowed, leaving Ethan Hunt and his team (now comprised of Benjie Dunn, Jane Carter and later William Brandt) are the only means to prevent a nuclear war between the USA and Russia. Itâ Expand
  36. May 16, 2012
    This is a review for the release of the Blu Ray edition of Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol. The movie was great, and action packed. The Blu Ray special features on the other hand were a little lacking. For a Blu Ray, there were a medium amount of special features. The special features also do not go into great depth other than the Making of featurette. What about the film quality? Well, there are times when the film is a little blurry, but other than that the transfer was superb. The sound quality is also impressive. Overall, if you wanted to buy the blu ray version to add to your collection I would encourage it. On the other hand, if this is a film you don't care to have in high definition, I would recommend that you save a few dollars and just get a normal version sans the special features. Expand
  37. May 16, 2012
    giving it a 5 out of 10 for cool technology. Cgi was bad and the story had me yawning and playing games on my cellphone for about 60% of the movie. My girlfriend was equally bored.
  38. May 15, 2012
    Light the fuse! Ethan Hunt was the one who ignited the fuse. What I remember most from Ethan Hunt character is that he was the man who killed Jim Phelps! Yes, MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE (1966-1973) was a successful intelligent TV show, Jim Phelps (originally played by Peter Graves) was the leader of thiz highly sophisticated covert team, his charismatic presence had already become a trademark for thiz franchise. Then suddenly, in 1996, Tom Cruise who coming from nowhere, bought thiz franchise and killed Jim Phelps and replaced it with himself as the invincible super whiz named Ethan hunt. At that time, I was very mad and I thought all the fans would do the same. But now, after three previous movies MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE (1996), MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE II (2000), MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE III (2006), including thiz last one, they seem to gradually transform thiz franchise to be a pure action movie, even though still with ultra-cool high tech gadgets. Not just the attractive gadgets, but also high-octane adrenaline stunts, just like thiz time Tom Cruise attempts to climb the world tallest building ever made so far, Burj Khalifa in Dubai. I heard that most of the dangerous stunts were done by Cruise himself. Thiz time, Ethan Hunt forms a smaller team comprising sexy, seductive and extremely lethal Jane Carter (Paula Patton), humorous computer genius Benji Dunn (Simon Pegg) and the mysterious co-agent William Brandt (Jeremy Renner). Its mission is to retrieve the nuclear launch codes before it gets into the wrong hands of international terrorists. In the process, instead, they are accused of masterminding the Kremlin bombing. Now the IMF is disavowed and they are forced to invoke Ghost Protocol, which means they are all alone with the limited resources they have. The Director is Brad Bird who is most renowned as one of the fathers of Pixar animation studios. Thiz is his first live-action movie after successful animations like THE INCREDIBLES (2004) and RATATOUILLE (2007). By the way, in 2012, Brad Bird other colleague Andrew Stanton also will be directing another live-action movie entitled JOHN CARTER. Coincidence? Maybe. I have to admit that thiz movie has consistent paces since the first minute. I note that Tom Cruise repeats at least three specific actions that he has done in previous movies. The first is running from an explosion behind him, the second is climbing the iconic skyscrapers and the last one is taking cover when he is almost crushed by a car! Although it was a kind of repetition, but oh yeah we still enjoy so much.As time goes by, it seems to be MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE has transformed into pure action movie! The only thing left now is its famous instrumental theme song, or maybe the latex face mask, you must know what I mean. Other than that, thiz movie has always been Tom Cruise playground. Personally, I am just OK with that, as long as thiz franchise can maintain its winning formula which is non-stop explosive action scenes. That is all from me. Thiz review will self-destruct in five seconds. Goodluck, Ethan. Visit My Blog on JONNY MOVEE: http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com Expand
  39. May 13, 2012
    The best MI movie yet. and one of the best action spy movie. I do not like the MI movies but this one is a must see. I don't eben like action movies a lot but this one is a must see. They did a fabulous job with picking the cast. Good directing along with plot.
  40. May 12, 2012
    I was pleasantly surprised by this film. Exciting and creative actions scenes were the main driving point and there were even a few plot twists that (although you could see it coming miles away) still added positively to the experience. A good film to watch when you're tired and in need of dumb entertainment.
  41. May 10, 2012
    Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol is an above average 007 ripoff, albeit one from the Pierce Brosnin era. As such, Ghost Protocol has a bunch of fun action scenes but not much in the way of depth. Probably goes well with a nice bag of popcorn and a cold soda.
  42. May 8, 2012
    Ghost Protocol delivers the goods for the Mission Impossible series. MI3 didn't get the credit it was worthy off but MI4 certainly seems to have reignited interest in the franchise. The film is outrageous fun with some incredibly surreal yet exquisite action sequences that are easily on par with Casino Royale, yes that good. The plot up's the ante in terms of the 'impossibility' factor. Ethan Hunt is assigned to lead fellow agents Benji (The awesome Simon Pegg) and Jane Carter (Paula Patton) to infiltrate the Kremlin in Moscow to locate files identifying 'Cobalt' (Michael Nyqvist) who is a Russian consultant aiming to detonate a Nuclear bomb. However, during the mission someone broadcasts across Hunt and co's frequency alerting the Russian's of Ethan and his team which leads to a frantic escape and a bomb detonating in the Kremlin leaving the IMF seemingly responsible for the attack. As a result the Russians believe the act to be an undeclared one of war resulting in the US government initiating Ghost Protocol. Jeremy Renner comes aboard as William Brandt and assists the IMF as they try to stop 'Cobalt' from starting a nuclear war. Straightforward stuff right? Certainly compared to MI3! But the plot is secondary yet it works because the action sequences are handled expertly by Brad Bird. From Ethan climbing Burj Khalifa - the highest building in the world to a car chase amidst a sandstorm they really have gone all out! The new characters introduced are relatively appealing however, personally, Simon Pegg once more is in fantastic form as Benji and really merits all the accolades and plaudits he has been credited with as he is awesome! Paula Patton was a good inclusion as the sexy yet deadly Jane Carter and Jeremy Renner was a decent alternative at times from Cruise although i don't think he is quite ready, if he ever will be, to take the reigns from our Tom just yet. The length of the film is perfectly appropriate aswell it's not as long as MI3 but is timed greatly thus time round. Ghost Protocol is a fine installment in the Mission Impossible franchise. It's an adrenaline filled funfest as a spectacle that delivers some of the the best action in recent memory and definetly takes the franchise to new heights, Brad Bird has handled everything superbly well and one suspects Tom Cruise might be back sooner than we anticpated for a fifth outing! Expand
  43. May 5, 2012
    Having seen all four of the "Mission Impossible" movies, I see no rhyme or reason to the ratings of each, when compared to one another. Each has something different as well as much of the same. That's why we go to see them, certainly why I did. None of the sequels had the depth of the first, plot wise. The second had a musical theme revamped and all around great soundtrack (best), which the following two failed to reuse; the effect of the soundtrack was never so well tailored. The second also started a trend that was unmistakable in all three sequels, the acrophobes know it all too well; Cruise hanging from an overhanging escarpment in The Grand Canyon(just to relax-oh yeah) and jumping from a helicopter into the air shaft of a high rise (II), pendulum swinging from one high-rise to another in Shanghai (III), face climbing the world's tallest building with a sand storm coming towards the building (IV).

The fourth mission, the one which garnered the highest ratings (various sites) was as good as the ones before, but, in my opinion, lacked the depth of the original, plot wise, lacked the impact of the best soundtrack, but did capture all the thrill and the action the previous ones had; being mildly acrophobic, I found myself trying to catch my breath and closing my eyes for a few seconds, just long enough to muster the strength to resume watching the action.

I may not agree with the critics and other reviewers as to how well this sequel matches up with the others, but I can say with some certitude that if you liked any of the previous ones, you should like this one.
  44. May 4, 2012
    MI:4 wasn't a bad movie, it just didn't deliver on the hype and expectations. It had decently redeemable action sequences but others were staid and typical. Tom himself is a bit out of shape on the heavy side so that didn't work well for him. Simon Pegg delivered on the decent but predictable comedy relief. Paula Patton was forgettable except when wearing that gown. The villains were lackluster and forgettable too which I suppose speaks to Cruise's own insecurity, which is likely why Josh Holloway (Sawyer on "LOST") was killed off so quickly. Barely recommended. Expand
  45. May 3, 2012
    Quite simply put; Tom Cruise still has it. One of the better M:Is I've seen (I liked 4 the best). The story was very good, though not the strongest I've seen; you did not really get to know many of the characters very well.

Still, very good movie and I don't regret seeing it.
  46. Apr 29, 2012
    This should have been called 'Chuck' the movie. It's the funny humor of spy films passed, mixed with popcorn candy action that really makes this film stand out. I now want to go back and watch the first three. I just wish the first three were as good as this action masterpiece.
  47. Apr 28, 2012
    Mission Impossible is a staisfying movie. Neither great nor bad. This is just one of those action movies that takes you away for 2 hours and then you forget.
  48. Apr 28, 2012
    Most certainly the most epic action movie I've seen in recent days. The whole dubai sequence is so bad*ss, from the skyscraper to the sand storm. It gets a deduction from me because it was a little too long.
  49. Apr 25, 2012
    This time they did everything right. Superb casting with an excellent and in-form Cruise delivering a recital on how an action flick should be made henceforth. Clever dialogues build around, though not only, witty remarks between the characters, along with breathtaking action sequences create a high octane mixture that explodes in a brilliant finale. Best in the series and possibly the best action movie of this decade. Expand
  50. Apr 24, 2012
    So, let's just be frank, Tom Cruise freaks me out. I know I am not the only one who feels this way, ever since the man decided to dance on Oprah's sacred couch in a display of frenetic and borderline insanity. Anyway, beyond my particular feelings toward Tom Cruise, this movie is good. I would never say great, no, no, not by a long shot, but it is formidably and fantastically good at what it is trying to do. In this day and age of movies, that says a lot. Cruise's slightly deranged stare works well for him in this picture, and it doesn't hurt that he is almost solely surrounded by beautiful people. Although I have not seen any other Mission Impossibles, I enjoyed this one, and I am sure you will too. Expand
  51. Apr 24, 2012
    I must not have watched the same movie as everyone else, because I don't understand how anyone could think this was an above average, or even good movie. The action scenes are forced and boring; and everything was just one big joke. They tried to have funny, clever dialogue around the action, a la True Lies and failed miserably. Even the equipment they use is so ridiculous it takes away from any "cool" factor from it. One scene, they use a device to change the engraved room number plaques in a hotel. Who would even think to invent something like that? Let alone how stupid it is to think about how something like that would even work. They even have a bunch of them, not just one! It sounds nit-picky, but the entire movie just has that feel. Outlandish gadgets that take away from any suspense or plausibility to their plans. No creative solutions to anything, just have the writers make up some gadget that fixes a plot point, then throw in some chase scenes and explosions. Maybe it's the same writers on this site that are somehow giving this movie 8's, 9's and even 10's. Save yourself the time and skip this one, you've already watched it in the previous three movies anyway. Expand
  52. Apr 16, 2012
    There's more creativity and class with Ghost Protocol than previous MI films. What really impressed is the cast list for such an action-focused film. But what people really want to see is insanity, and I think it's easy to say that the scaling of a skyskraper in Dubai with an closing sand storm on the horizon qualifies as insanity. Ghost Protocol is totally fun and continues the sound foundation MI3 laid out, even if the superb Phillip Seymour Hoffman isn't the main bad guy this time around. Expand
  53. Apr 16, 2012
    The live action directing debut of Brad Bird makes think that this man is pro,great action sequences a well careful directing,and amazing quotes.A highly recommended action movie for the fans of the series but not only.
  54. Apr 15, 2012
    This movie worth renting but not buying. Hour 1 was good but hour to felled rushed to me. The ending was I don't no how to explane it. MI Ghost Protocol 6.4/10
  55. Apr 15, 2012
    I have that feeling that I've seen this movie a million times before. It's pure crap, and it's boring as hell. It's impossible for me to like this film. Just skip it.
  56. Apr 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie really got me by surprise. After M:I 3 I thought that the franchise will be buried and forgotten, however somehow M:I 4 made me forget everything that was bad. The story is believable (except the Kremlin explosion and Dubai sand storm) and the acting is solid. Jeremy Renner is a refreshment and Simon Pegg (as usually) gives the movie lightness and humor. The jokes have an excellent timing and even the cliches are tolerable. The only thing that made me cringe was the obvious product placement (Dell servers, I mean really!). All in all, 2 hours of action and fun. What more would you need from Tom Cruise? Expand
  57. Apr 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I watched Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol, I watched it for a few reasons. The guy from Lost was in it. Jeremy Renner and that awesome trailer I saw in the theater, plus it had been a long time since I had seen a MI film, even though I wasn't a huge fan to begin with. Let me say the good things about MIGP. The action in this is very good. Obviously the highlight action scene is the Dubai scene with Tom Cruise hanging on the tallest building in the world. There were other good scenes though, like the sandstorm scene. Overall the movie is very well paced for a movie that ran, I think 2 hours even of screen time. The cinematography in this is outstanding in this as well. There was also some good use of gadgets here too. All that aside though, there are more negatives about this movie, than good things. For example, I mentioned that I loved that the guy from Lost was in this, but they end up killing him in the beginning of the movie. Overall the acting is kinda dull, I wouldn't say it's bad acting but, just not great. I also thought that they showed too much stuff in the trailer, and way too many TV spots showed the Dubai tallest building in the world scene. The character development overall is not really here for Tom Cruise. We really don't get any character progression with him in. I mean when you stamp a franchise around a guy, like Bruce Willis has done for Die Hard, you need some character progression and development. There's little to no explanation to what's happened to Tom Cruise in the beginning of the film too. Other characters get some okay back story, like Paula Patton. Jeremy Renner, is supposed to be a bit unknown in this movie, but when he finally reveals the secret it feels like wow, that's the big secret. It's not that I saw it coming or I thought that Renner didn't deliver with his acting, it just wasn't a big secret, even though the very ending was cool. The story in this is also disappointing. I mean the IMF's mission is to stop a nuclear war or bomb. It would be cool if the villain had some motivation in this movie. All you really see him doing in this movie is hold a brief case. I thought the assassin woman was way better. Overall you end up getting a story that is decent, but the Russians don't show that they are really all over these guys. For a movie that is called Mission Impossible, it doesn't seem like the stakes are all that high in the movie. Even though some of the things that they do, like the huge building that Tom Cruise climbs. I don't think you feel the desperation in the mission, because the main villain doesn't seem to be all that serious about taking action, besides using a nuclear bomb, with unclear motivations. I could go on and on about this movie, but I'll say that this movie is an excellent, action movie. I thought that Simon Pegg and Jeremy Renner give good performances. The movie does a good job of throwing impossible scenarios to Ethan Hunt and his team, but the feeling of desperation, is not there enough, like it was in the previous MI movies. It was a cool kick your feet up movie though. There was some creative direction with Brad Bird at the helm, but he doesn't know how to quite direct actors. I'll give him a pass though because this is his first live action movie, he's directed. So if you haven't seen this movie, you should definitely see this, just don't expect something great. Expand
  58. Apr 4, 2012
    No soy un fan de la serie, pero esta fue muy entretenida. La verdad es que quede muy satisfecho cuando sali del cine. La aciion es constante y las escenas son intensas. Una de las mejores peliculas de accion del 2011 y para mi la mejor Mision Imposible que he visto.
  59. Apr 2, 2012
    First off, this would be a 9.5 out of 10. For sure the best mission impossible yet. Acting was great. Everyone was great in the movie. Score was great. Same old great mission impossible music. Story is really good. The special effects are great. Action sequences are spectacular. Its just all amazing. Overall MI4 is a great movie. With so much action, and some comedy, makes this a sure treat. Highly recommended. Expand
  60. Mar 30, 2012
    great movie. you need to see every movie to understand this though. if you are scared of heights you want to close your eyes at some points. why? because he climbs the tallest building. it was really exciting. it was terrific
  61. Mar 7, 2012
    A movie that was truthfully well put together after the last film in 2006. The action in the film was great, the humor, and cast was wonderful as well. Pick this film up when it comes out on DVD.
  62. Mar 2, 2012
    I have never seen any of the other Mission: Impossible movies, but this is great. The story makes sense and the action scenes are clever, not to mention is is beautifully filmed.
  63. Feb 27, 2012
    Pretty good Cruise film, but I like him in the Impossible series and Top Gun. Guess I'm a sucker for some thriller action movies that you know the hero will come out on top, but hey, it's Hollywood and they're gambling on what we want to watch. Thought the acting was convincing but not spectacular, action scenes good enough, gadgetery appealing, and the storyline twists suspenseful. Probably the best in the series, but TC is getting old (like most of us) and will get caught in the next one. Quit while you're still ahead and alive. Expand
  64. Feb 16, 2012
    it was so exciting that i could not take my eyes off it while watching. Action scenes made my heart pounding. i like it. Moreover,the end of the movie was also awesome. you should go to a theater right now! i hope you dont miss it.
  65. Feb 12, 2012
    The only thing true about this movie is the word "Impossible" in it's title.
  66. Feb 10, 2012
    Amazing action film. Keeps you on the edge of your seat. As Mission Impossible should have, there are many well developed suspenseful moments. Special effects and acting are top notch! Its a must see, and probably my second favorite behind the original in this action packed series.
  67. Feb 8, 2012
    I finally saw this movie for this simple fact that critics and users alike had nothing but positive things to say. I should have gone with my gut, and passed on this movie. Mission Impossible is god-awful. I didn't expect anything from the story, and the fact that everything in the story was confusing and ridiculously stupid wasn't that big of a deal for me. I could handle that, but what I'm shocked at his how dull every action scene is in this movie. Great CGI or effects don't make up for the fact that none of these action scenes were so boring. There was little to no thrill in all of them. The closest I came to being thrilled was the scene where Tom Cruise scales the outside of the massive skyscraper (cliche anyway). I have never been more confused by the praise for a movie as I was for this piece of crap. I didn't care at all about any of the paper mache characters, or the plot, and the action was so overrated. For me, watching this movie was damn near impossible. Expand
  68. Feb 7, 2012
    Nice movie. A thrilling ride through the world of Ethan hunt. The stunts, locations and plot are so engaging that they compel a person to literally sit on his/her seat's edge. The big picture style and the amazing music encourage the audience to keep asking "what's next?". The execution is very realistic. A traditional espionage movie with 21 st century gadgets and the grandest locations! A must watch movie! Expand
  69. Feb 6, 2012
    I enjoyed this movie, it has comedy, and awesome action moments. I was drawn into the movie from the beginning, I wasn't even expecting much, I came out of the theater very happy.
  70. Feb 4, 2012
    Tom Cruise knows how to deliver on the non-stop action, and Brad Birdâ
  71. Feb 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I realize that this is first and foremost an action picture, but some of this action was just too over the top. And no human being could take the physical stress and beating that Tom Cruise supposedly did and get up to take more. It made me wince -- not in sympathy but in total disbelief.
    Also, that plot twist at the end.was so ludicrous I wanted my money back from this movie and the previous one.
    The only reason I didn't give the movie a worse rating was that the co-stars did a good job of acting. Tom was his usual wooden self -- although he looks like he is shrinking.
  72. Feb 1, 2012
    Pure action, with not much else. Lazy script writing, with the audience being whisked to exotic locations (Dubai, India) for reasons quite unclear. Some impressive shots and action sequences, my favourite being a chase in the middle of a sandstorm. But frankly, it's not enough to overcome the complete lack of a credible story. I loved the first Mission Impossible, precisely because there was just enough of everything: suspense, tension, plot twists, character development etc. Not so for this one. Expand
  73. Jan 31, 2012
    Very impressive. The scenes are really beautiful, and IMAX makes it even better. It is definitely better than the third one. The plot is attractive. I was gripped all through the movie. I believe it's a perfect farewell for Tom Cruise to the series of Mission Impossible.
  74. Jan 27, 2012
    Fun, exciting and entertaining, BUT pointless. BUT who cares!? This is just one of those action movies that takes you away for 2 hours. Big budget explosions and fast paced storytelling will make you forget how **** real life is.
  75. Jan 26, 2012
    Great action movie. Starts off with a lot of energy and never lets up. Can't complain about any of the performances; everybody fits in very nicely. Simon Pegg provides excellent comic relief, while Tom Cruise continues to play the role of Ethan Hunt well. The story is pretty thin. It's all about the action, but it flows very well. I was entertained from start to finish.
  76. Jan 25, 2012
    Easily the best of the M:I series so far. Good action scenes, a decent plot and some interesting characters. But seriously, they need to stop with the whole "disavowed" thing; surely by now they would have just disbanded the entire operation given how often they seem to screw stuff up.
  77. Jan 24, 2012
    Not many movies have made me gasp like the scene where Cruise was hanging on the building in Dubai. This is hands down the best entry in this series and one of the best action films from 2011. I would love to see another if they keep Patton and Bird. Patton was very sexy and Bird was as great as ever( The Incredibles).
  78. Jan 23, 2012
    "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol" Se trata fácilmente de la mejor de la franquicia. Brad Bird ha sabido muy bien encaminar la cuarta parte de la saga aunque con cierta suspicacia y en momento el guion se tensa mucho como para permitirnos saborear, lo forzado del mismo, pese a esto y tratarse de la primera película en Live Action de Brad Bird el resultado es verdaderamente fascinante, acción y aventura, cumple lo que promete, y bien puede hacerse llamar como la mejor película de acción del 2011. Expand
  79. Jan 23, 2012
    Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol continues the M:I agent Ethan Hunts exploits as he takes on the impossible and dishes out the amazing. Ethan Hunt (played by the amazing* Tom Cruise) is sent into a spiral of deception and chaos as he and his team are set up and "Ghost Protocol" is initiated and IMF is shut down. Ethan and his team, with help from a mysterious outsider Brandt (Jeremy Renner) bolt off in a thrill-a-minute ride to clear their names and invoke the IMF trust back into the heart of the government.

M:I-Ghost Protocol delivers in every since of what the franchise is trying to do. Placing a bit more humor into the mix does make for a more "popcorn" feel of a movie, but do not hesitate M:I fans; Ghost Protocol delivers more excitement and punches than previous installments. Tom Cruise, being more of a daredevil in this one, helps to bring the authenticity to the role making everything more believable in the small frame of time they have. The character of William Brandt helps introduce a new kind of operative to the circle, though Renner is great, his portrayal of Brandt came off a tad bland and bit dull. Renner still did a great job and the character of Brandt is something that people could possibly come to like a lot in the series because of his humanity and humbleness he carries.

And who could forget the lovely Paula Patton, though her character did not have much back story going in, her story forward is pretty much solidified as a great addition to the series. Not to mention her smile is as intoxicating as a glass of the finest scotch.

One has to hand it to Mr. Cruise as he has, with help, been able to keep this franchise from dying and drying out and continuously offering a new feeling of enjoyment.

*he totally should have won an award for he portrayal in the Last Samurai.
  80. Jan 22, 2012
    Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol is the slickest, most entertaining and clever action flick since The Bourne Ultimatum. An action movie really has no right to be such a rounded and well-developed viewing experience, and Brad Bird completely embraces his newfound freedom as a live-action director, and has created an honest-to-goodness balls-out thrill ride. The action is superb - the key set-pieces completely eclipsing everything in the series thus-far. They're not just flawlessly executed either - they're completely original. Who'd have thought we'd see Ethan Hunt fighting his way single-handedly out of a rioting Russian prison accompanied by Dean Martin on loudspeaker? Or scaling the outside of the world's tallest building in Dubai with only the use of some high-tech sticky gloves? Or chasing his target through a ferocious sandstorm? Or in a fantastically brutal final brawl in a car factory? You just don't see scenes like this in everyday action films. It's not all about the action, either. The film has the best cast of the series (Tom Cruise has rarely been better, and both Simon Pegg and franchise newcomer Jeremy Renner impress), and the script is rather good as well (it's nicely self-aware, playfully deconstructing a few of the more ropey trademarks of the series, and pleasingly, writers Andre Nemec and Josh Appelbaum know just when to play dialogue completely straight and when to inject a bit of humour into the situation). The most concrete aspect of the film though, is the story. It's rather simple for a Mission: Impossible film, but it's done extremely well. Sometimes less really is more (except where action is concerned, as mentioned above). Quite simply, it puts the rest of the series to shame. Expand
  81. Jan 22, 2012
    Great special effects and fantastic action scenes make this film unlike any other MI film. Not to forget to mention the great humor throughout the story. However as in any other action drama: many things are unrealistic. The villain is a good example. His character wasn't elaborated upon very well. And this is also the case with Cruise's own character. The Ethan Hunt we saw in MI:3 looked immensely different than the Ethan we get to see know. Bird has not continued on expanding his character. Overall this film is easy to digest for action drama fans, and of course fans of the MI franchise. If you want more than just action and a good laugh, this film is not for you then. That is why I decided to give it a 7 out of 10. Expand
  82. JYT
    Jan 21, 2012
    It follows the Mission:Impossible spirit of the tv series. The locations and places where it was films looks really good. There are good guys and bad guys but also the standard useless idiot with Simon Peg and also the abnoxious rich Indian with all his mobile phone who does not deserve one pence who what he owns. Good to see his a.. kicked.
  83. Jan 21, 2012
    Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol is a great example of awesome action-spy movie with incredible techniques. The story was good but not awesome& the way they use those techniques was freaking amazing . The Moscow part was a bit boring and that explosion could be a lot more better it they used more angles.The camera angle of that scene was not good. The end part In India started good but ended badly.And I believe If someone took a car from that high ,His legs would definitely be smashed so badly . Now come to Dubai . That was one of the best action scene i have ever seen. The sand storm scene was awesome, Building scene was also awesome. No complain to the actors..... Tom is freaking Tom ,Simon did amazing , Patton did a lot better then I expected & Jeremy did good but I expected more . Brad Bird's directing was good except for the Moscow part . Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol is definitely the best action movie of 2011. Expand
  84. lbl
    Jan 20, 2012
    Too long, too, too long. When the stunts start to get boring you know that the film is just way too long. Cut about thirty minutes out of it and it would have been a blast, although most of the great stuff happened in the first twenty minutes.
  85. Jan 20, 2012
    Like all of the Mission Impossible, this is a wild thrill ride with humour that very much entertains. That being said, the film doesn't seem as tight as the others and one is left feeling that they're being taken from one choreographed action spectacle to the next without much care for the story. As well, the opening credits, for some god-forsaken reason show every scene in the movie in quick succession. All in all, it's an entertaining film, Tom Cruise gives it his all and its worth the price of admission for the Dubai Tower scene alone. But it's not as great as it could have been. Still better than the third. Expand
  86. Jan 18, 2012
    to be honest it was NOT that good, i found it rather dull and i dont know... boring?!
    okay let me sum it up for all you guys:
    its simply an uneventful over rated movie...take my advice and dont watch it XS
  87. CRL
    Jan 16, 2012
    This is an action movie, and as an action movie it does not disappoint. From the almost-adrenaline inducing scenes in Dubai to the parts inside the supercomputer in Mumbai, the action is nonstop and pure entertainment. Good acting, though there's really nothing really to be said about the characters, but if you came to see MI4 for the characters you need to be checked. Good writing for an action movie. Great cinematography. Even the 2 hour running time didn't seem too long. All in all, Ghost Protocol is a fun ride. Expand
  88. Jan 14, 2012
    Good fun, great action... Hey, it's Mission Impossible, not the Joy Luck Club. Think it's too shallow? Check out Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon or Battle Los Angeles and get back to me.
  89. Jan 13, 2012
    If you like special effects then you probably would enjoy the movie. Beyond that it was a bust. There is not much of a story. It really doesn't hold your attention. We did see the IMAX version and that was the only thing we really enjoyed - as the sound was far better than in a regular theater.
  90. Jan 11, 2012
    pretty good flick when you watch it whilst eating popcorn cause its definitely one of those films - action-based, cgi, etc. etc....
    really entertaining for the average movie-goer i suspect. plus, the gadgets used in the film are pretty dope.
  91. Jan 10, 2012
    wow. this is was definitly better than i thought it was going to be. i was so suprized. the efects were great and a must see on the big screen. Tom cruize really out did him self. My wife liked it and we have recomended the movie to our friends.
  92. Jan 10, 2012
    Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol is awesome, the action is fast and loud, the whole thing is finely tuned thrill ride, it is awesome. The acting is very good as Tom Cruise performs admirably as Ethan Hunt and all the other characters perform well too. The plot is the same as any other action film but it is not very good, it is rather paper thin and so are the characters themselves but there is enough dazzling action to make up for that, it is still an awesome movie that you will want to see. Overall, Ghost Protocol is a great action-packed film that will not release you until the credits roll. This is an example of a fast, fun, and entertaining movie that allows it's audiences to simply enjoy the movie as an action movie should be. It is awesome. Breakdown for "Mission Impossible- Ghost Protocol": Presentation: 7.0, Plot: 6.1, Acting: 8.0, Script: .5, Lasting Appeal: 8.5, Verdict: 7.5 out of 10 "Great". Expand
  93. Jan 8, 2012
    This was an excellent movie all around. The action was genius, haven't seen this good of action sequences in a long time. Brad Bird did a masterful job with this film. Tom Cruise knocks it out of the park again with another great pulse-pounding mission. Jeremy Renner is my favorite actor out there and he did a very good job all around in this movie. He has great promise and a very bright future ahead of him. This movie was plain genius all around. The acting to the visuals, to the action, and of course the highly entertaining story/ plot. The only reason why i give it a 9 and not a 10 is some of the action sequences were very unbelievable, won't go into detail because I don't want to give anything away, but obviously thats expected from a movie like this, but overall, I loved this movie. This is a must-see film. If you like to watch a masterpiece, then go see this now. 9.5/10 Expand
  94. Jan 8, 2012
    Action packed, no doubt, the ghost protocol is not short on thrills and spills. The story isn't amazing, but is decent enough to tie the action together. The chemistry between the characters works well, and the tech is not too shabby either (especially in one scene in the Kremlin). But to be honest, it was all a bit too much for too long. Not since transformers 3 have my eyes been subjected to such seamlessly never ending pointless explosions and jumping about, particularly towards the end, where I was just hoping the international wrong doers would succeed so the film could finish there and then. Expand
  95. Jan 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm not a huge fan of action movies most of the time, but my dad and I like to see movies together, so he dragged me to this movie--I have to say I'm thankful for that. I went in with relatively low expectations, as I've never been a Tom Cruise fan, but man, I was blown away. The action scenes were brilliant, the technology was incredibly intriguing (particularly the hologram sheet thing Pegg and Cruise used when infiltrating the Kremlin), and the plot was pretty good, especially for an action flick. The most fun I've had at the theater in awhile, I'd highly recommend you see MI:GP. Expand
  96. Jan 7, 2012
    Tom Cruise does the MI franchise proud with this latest installment. Just when you think Hollywood can't outdo itself, along comes a movie like this that reminds you why you drive down to the local cineplex, fight the parking wars, stand in line for a ticket, pay ungodly sums of money at the concession stand and fume over the idiot in front of you that is texting during the entire movie. You do it because you love to be entertained and transported somewhere else for a couple of hours. MI:4 does this. If you are an action fan, this movie is right up your alley. If you're looking for a reasonably-well constructed plot, you're in for a treat. No, this movie will never be a classic, but it certainly rides like one. Go. Have a good time. Make sure your popcorn is piping hot while you're at it! Expand
  97. Jan 7, 2012
    MI4 was easily the best action movie of 2011 for me. This is the kind of movie where you can't imagine someone walking out of the theater unsatisfied. The MI group is enjoyable and all of them are great actors who each have their moments. Brad Bird proves he can direct live-action just as well as animation. The scene in Dubai is worth the price of admission alone.
  98. Jan 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "I think Ghost Protocol is the best Mission Impossible of the lot." That quote there proves it: It's a film for Mission Impossible fans. That doesn't mean its a good film. The whole move was pretty absurd, and took itself way too seriously. The one man army ruled the day, and of course we just had to have a cat fight thrown in there somehow. Do they know we aren't in the Cold-War anymore? All the cliches are there: ritzy party scene with sexual seduction, the playboy, car chases, Russian antagonist (at the start at least), urban black man doing the fist bump (this scene proves just how "cool" Ethan Hunt is) and absurd gadgets. It seems James Bond learned to grow up with "Casino Royale" and "Solace". One of the trailers before the film was for a new "GI JOE," the target audience must have been teenage boys then. Expand
  99. Jan 6, 2012
    This movie is a tale of 2 halves.......The first half leaves you amazed with jaw dropping action sequences.....At the same time,the 2nd half is stale and leaves you disappointed....

The movie is wonderful, nonsensical fun.
  2. Dec 27, 2011
    The movie is sheer hurtling mechanism - the entire world in motion - and it's great silly fun. [2 Jan. 2012, p.79]
  3. Reviewed by: Nick Pinkerton
    Dec 20, 2011
    If the M:I films are immune to the tarnish on the Cruise brand, it's precisely because their spectacle requires us to be impressed by Ethan Hunt, not to like him.