7.9

1. Apr 21, 2012
    Very entertaining movie in every way. I never thought stats could be that exciting but Moneyball proved me wrong. Brad Pitt is brilliant and so long fat Jonah Hill, you will be missed.
  2. Dec 26, 2011
    Brad Pitt done a great job in this movie...some of the part of the movie like the phone trading scene is really awesome..i am not a baseball fan even dont know much about the A"team...but after watching MONEYBALL "" i came to know lot more things about this game and about its buisness.
  3. Jan 14, 2012
    I am not a baseball fan but I find this film extremely fascinating and entertaining. I say credit to the screenwriter and the director. Statistics can be a boring subject but this film proves it wrong. I even have tears in my eyes when the underdog finally achieves something good. This film combines sports, statistics and drama perfectly. Brad Pitt gives an excellent quiet performance. TwoI am not a baseball fan but I find this film extremely fascinating and entertaining. I say credit to the screenwriter and the director. Statistics can be a boring subject but this film proves it wrong. I even have tears in my eyes when the underdog finally achieves something good. This film combines sports, statistics and drama perfectly. Brad Pitt gives an excellent quiet performance. Two big thumbs up! Expand
  4. Dec 30, 2011
    A+. Remember the classical sport movies about overcoming one's problems with a happy end? Have you seen Jobs' speech at Stanford? Moneyball is both. It's a good movie about unorthodox thinking, opening oneself to the others and going against the odds. Maybe it's not fast-paced, but hey, we're talking about baseball, aren't we? Screenplay is good and convincing, but it's Pitt's performanceA+. Remember the classical sport movies about overcoming one's problems with a happy end? Have you seen Jobs' speech at Stanford? Moneyball is both. It's a good movie about unorthodox thinking, opening oneself to the others and going against the odds. Maybe it's not fast-paced, but hey, we're talking about baseball, aren't we? Screenplay is good and convincing, but it's Pitt's performance that is great. I hope for him to strike at least one home run by getting an Oscar nomination. Expand
  5. Jan 10, 2012
    Maybe its me...but Golden Globe worthy? Please! It was charming at best. Being a baseball fan...I connected a little closer to the business and respected the bittersweet side of the sport. It was incredibly well written but toned down for a docu-drama style direction film. Scientific baseball theory exposé film.
  6. JYT
    Jan 21, 2012
    Excellent and capital movie. The movie is about baseball but also about the right and fair evaluation of performance and individuals. This means looking at FACTS as best as you can. This is valid for sports, your job, you car insurance, your mortgage, etc...A movie those rating agency, presidential candidates, stock traders who only act on rumours should obviously watch. A must see movieExcellent and capital movie. The movie is about baseball but also about the right and fair evaluation of performance and individuals. This means looking at FACTS as best as you can. This is valid for sports, your job, you car insurance, your mortgage, etc...A movie those rating agency, presidential candidates, stock traders who only act on rumours should obviously watch. A must see movie for the credit crunch generation. Expand
  7. Jan 11, 2012
    It was an average picture with a couple of solid acting performances that made the movie more engaging than the story itself. The movie, like the book, pulled out facts that made the premise of Moneyball more believable. As a baseball fan and one who followed the A's that season it was more than just numbers that made them the team they were. Many forget they had young talent at keyIt was an average picture with a couple of solid acting performances that made the movie more engaging than the story itself. The movie, like the book, pulled out facts that made the premise of Moneyball more believable. As a baseball fan and one who followed the A's that season it was more than just numbers that made them the team they were. Many forget they had young talent at key positions that went on to make tons of money and eventually the whole Money ball system came crashing down. Expand
  8. Jan 22, 2012
    My favorite film of the year. Brad Pitt does and outstanding job bringing Billy to life. Movie is a great mix of drama, laughter, and concepts that make you think about other areas of life. Brings a turning point in baseball culture to the big screen, and educates even people that thought they new the details behind the strong move to statistics.
  9. Jan 24, 2012
    As a Canadian born into hockey culture, i have never in my life truly known much about, or cared much about baseball. Moneyball didn't make me want to go out and watch a baseball game, and i'm glad it didn't. You don't have to know baseball to enjoy this film. It has heart, substance, great actors, and, probably the most rare amongst sports films, Accessibility. Definite recommendation toAs a Canadian born into hockey culture, i have never in my life truly known much about, or cared much about baseball. Moneyball didn't make me want to go out and watch a baseball game, and i'm glad it didn't. You don't have to know baseball to enjoy this film. It has heart, substance, great actors, and, probably the most rare amongst sports films, Accessibility. Definite recommendation to anyone in for a good (albeit rather long) ride. Expand
  10. Jun 22, 2012
    I was somewhat bored during this film, maybe it was because I don't like baseball and its string-pullers. However, I still enjoyed everything this well written movie offered. And Pitt's acting is great.
  11. Feb 7, 2012
    Very enjoyable baseball movie... perhaps the best serious film about the game ever made.

Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill have great chemistry in their mentor/apprentice relationship. Who is the mentor and who is the apprentice goes back and forth depending on the subject matter. The opportunities for movie cliches are avoided at every turn... but then, this is a rendition of real life we're watching where the endings are never predictable.
  12. Apr 24, 2012
    MONEYBALL is one of the greatest movies of our time. Billy Beane (played by a flawless Brad Pitt) is the General Manager of the Oakland Athletics who must put together a winning baseball team with an extremely tight budget (nearly a third of the Yankees'). With the help of a brilliant Yale graduate (Jonah Hill in an Academy-Award-Nominated role), Beane begins to manipulate the economics ofMONEYBALL is one of the greatest movies of our time. Billy Beane (played by a flawless Brad Pitt) is the General Manager of the Oakland Athletics who must put together a winning baseball team with an extremely tight budget (nearly a third of the Yankees'). With the help of a brilliant Yale graduate (Jonah Hill in an Academy-Award-Nominated role), Beane begins to manipulate the economics of baseball in his favor in one of the best underdog stories of all time. Expand
  13. Feb 17, 2012
    Everything from the writing, to the direction, to the engaging performances on offer, to the subtle yet captivating score, leaves Moneyball as one of the best films of the year. A picture that can capture your heart and imagination when itâ
  14. Mar 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I recently saw the movie. I have to say that I have no idea about baseball so I didn't find something catchy. For me I would say that it is a boring movie and it doesn't make clear some things like the feelings of Billy Beane. For example in the scene where he yells at the players after beating. It's not a strong emotionally and doesn't affect anyone. Also I believe Jonah Hill didn't match with this role. He does support the yela graduate but can't stand next to Beane as a personal supporter and assistant Maybe this movie is based on feelings thoughts expressions and the game generally, I didn't make me love baseball Expand
  15. Mar 19, 2012
    Thought it was a really excellent movie with an awesome ending. I saw it with two non-baseball fans and they enjoyed it as well. My two problems were that they changed it a little from the book/real life and the cinematography was annoying at points (zooming in computer screens and player statistics?)
  16. Feb 20, 2015
    Moneyball is tells the story of the A's perfectly through an outstanding screenplay and terrific scenes. What carries the film the most is the Brad Pitt's performance which happens to be the finest of his career. Moneyball didn't hit a homerun, it hit a grand slam.
  17. Mar 25, 2012
    This is a 10 out of 10. It's funny and sad at times but acting outstanding, story is remarkable, and just a great sports film. One of the best. If your a sports fan, then this is for you.
  18. Mar 26, 2012
    The basic movie is about how winning isnâ
  19. Mar 26, 2012
    I was not too thrilled initially going into this film, but by the end it came out one of the finest movie achievements of the year. A strong supported cast carried this excellently written script. It was fast paced and kept my attention. This movie was a home-run.
  20. Mar 31, 2013
    My knowledge of baseball is very limited (my choice of US sports is football), thankfully however this didn't limit my enjoyment of Moneyball (even if I did have to Google 'on-base percentage', but I got the gist of it). At its heart, the film is a real life underdog story revolving around Billy Beane's unshirking determination and belief in Peter Brand's methods, in the face of extremeMy knowledge of baseball is very limited (my choice of US sports is football), thankfully however this didn't limit my enjoyment of Moneyball (even if I did have to Google 'on-base percentage', but I got the gist of it). At its heart, the film is a real life underdog story revolving around Billy Beane's unshirking determination and belief in Peter Brand's methods, in the face of extreme consternation and criticism. Moneyball's script was co-written by Aaron Sorkin (The Social Network) and Steven Zaillian (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) and the result is a clever and witty narrative that delivers some amusing scenes, usually involving Jonah Hill's shy and uncomfortable Assistant GM Brand. Hill himself is a revelation (Academy nominated for Supporting Actor) in a straight role, playing against his norm yet still being responsible for most of the film's light hearted moments. It seems a shame he even considered starring in The Sitter after this performance. Brad Pitt is another who stands out with an admirable performance as the main character, embodying just the right amount of likeability, softly spoken confidence and self-belief, without crossing into meglomaniac territory, despite practically shutting down his scouting department. When considering the three leading names, Philip Seymour Hoffman seems to be underused as Coach Art Howe, mostly seen standing around in disbelief as his team is dismantled. I would have liked to have seen more of him, given what the man can really bring to a role.

A really enjoyable sports underdog story, and not just for baseball fans.
  21. Apr 5, 2012
    Google Maps (formerly Google Local) is a webGoogle Maps mapping service application and technology provided by Google, that powers many map-based services, including the website, Google Ride Finder, Google Transit,[1] and maps embedded on third-party websites via the Google Maps API.[2] It offers street maps, a route planner for traveling by foot, car, bike (beta), kayak,[3] or publicGoogle Maps (formerly Google Local) is a webGoogle Maps mapping service application and technology provided by Google, that powers many map-based services, including the website, Google Ride Finder, Google Transit,[1] and maps embedded on third-party websites via the Google Maps API.[2] It offers street maps, a route planner for traveling by foot, car, bike (beta), kayak,[3] or public transport and an urban business locator for numerous countries around the world. Google Maps satellite images are not updated in real time; they are several months or years old.
    Google Maps uses a close variant of the Mercator projection, so it cannot show areas around the poles. A related product is Google Earth, a stand-alone program which offers more globe-viewing features, including showing polar areas.
  22. May 25, 2012
    Overall, "Moneyball" is okay. Itâ
  23. Nov 7, 2012
    A well acted sports drama. Moneyball takes a new approach to the genre in that it focuses on creating good dialogue and an interesting plot rather than winning its audience over with a sappy comeback story.
  24. Nov 28, 2012
    A sharp script, a virtuous performance from Brad Pitt, and a solid directorial effort from Bennett Miller make "Moneyball" a definite winner.
  25. Dec 7, 2012
    Really good film! Perhaps a bit overrated, but it does feature a brilliant script from Aaron Sorkin, and solid performances all around, especially from Brad Pitt.
  26. Mar 13, 2013
    Moneyball is an elegant Brad Pitt movie, it thrives by its emotional sequences and does entertain throughout its two hours. The Businessman Mad Men type was depicted well. Also some epic in- your- face- scenes. MoneyBall is a winner.
  27. Jun 2, 2013
    Anyone who loves baseball and especially statistics will love this film. Sure it fails to mention that the A's had some of the best starting pitching, but it doesn't stop you from enjoying this film.
  28. Jul 28, 2013
    Being a South African, I am not experienced with the sport of baseball and it`s history. This disadvantage did not stop me from enjoying such a superb film. One of the...actually, the best film of 2011. Compared to other let downs such as Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, the mediocre War Horse, The Descendants and Hugo(did not really captivate me), Moneyball strikes for a home run andBeing a South African, I am not experienced with the sport of baseball and it`s history. This disadvantage did not stop me from enjoying such a superb film. One of the...actually, the best film of 2011. Compared to other let downs such as Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, the mediocre War Horse, The Descendants and Hugo(did not really captivate me), Moneyball strikes for a home run and results in heading out of the park. Brad Pit shines as Billy Beane, the General Manager of the Oakland Athletics, and the supporting cast including Jonah Hill are exemplary. Aaron Sorkin and Steve Zallian`s screenplay is quirky as ever. The cinematography, by Wally Pftser, is a feast for the eyes. All these contributions are why I love movies. Definitely a memorable movie. Expand
  29. Jun 24, 2013
    I'm rather surprised at the positive reviews of this film. On the basic technical measures it's fine, but I don't think most viewers quite comprehend the underlying message.

Prior to the Moneyball formula of player-picking, recruiters and scouts definitely knew that statistics played a role, but Moneyball made it all about the formula. It reduced big sports to nothing but a soulless math problem.
    The economic evolution of sports likely made that an eventual inevitability, but I don't see it as a reason to celebrate in the form of a movie, at least, not one with an uplifting feel.
  30. Feb 16, 2014
    Moneyball is a great film about baseball, but this film takes a fresh angle on the sport. Instead of doing the cliché sports movie about an underdog team that wins the championship with hard work and perseverance, Moneyball looks at the money and deals side of America's favorite pastime. This gives the movie energy and charisma that makes the film exhilarating to watch.
  31. Dec 28, 2014
    Moneyball es una película sobre deportes que trata de ingeniárselas para ser atractiva, pero lamentablemente no logra llegar a ese objetivo deseado.

Esta película nos cuenta una historia de la vida real que, bueno, resulta inteligente a la hora de lidiar con los inconvenientes que ocurren en su atmósfera problemática, pero, no logra resultar cautivante o, de cierta forma, conmovedora en el punto en el que el film se inclinó, además, este largometraje puede resultar en varias ocasiones fastidioso, y eso obviamente no es lo que se busca cuando vas a ver una película que trata sobre un tema deportivo (o quizá cualquier otro tema). En fin, nos encontramos con un largometraje que plantea una idea inteligente, pero que no logra desarrollarla de una forma atrapante o notablemente perceptible en la mayor parte del tiempo.
  32. Apr 22, 2014
    A great sports movie. One of the best sports movies I have ever watched. Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill are great and have great chemistry together in this movie. I am a huge baseball fan so I enjoyed this movie even more than some people would but even if your not a baseball fan you can still enjoy this movie because of the great script and acting. It had a good happy ending which I reallyA great sports movie. One of the best sports movies I have ever watched. Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill are great and have great chemistry together in this movie. I am a huge baseball fan so I enjoyed this movie even more than some people would but even if your not a baseball fan you can still enjoy this movie because of the great script and acting. It had a good happy ending which I really enjoyed and added to my overall experience of this movie. Expand
  33. Mar 23, 2015
    Moneyball is the second film by director Bennett Miller who seems to specialize in bringing true stories to the big screen but these true stories aren't very well known by the general public. Moneyball stars Brad Pitt who is strong in the film but in some circumstances it seems like he is hogging the spotlight. Pitt is also surrounded by an underused supporting cast. Jonah Hill proves thatMoneyball is the second film by director Bennett Miller who seems to specialize in bringing true stories to the big screen but these true stories aren't very well known by the general public. Moneyball stars Brad Pitt who is strong in the film but in some circumstances it seems like he is hogging the spotlight. Pitt is also surrounded by an underused supporting cast. Jonah Hill proves that he can handle a dramatic role just as well as a comedic one and Philip Seymour Hoffman collaborates with Miller once again but I wish i had've seen more of him. Chris Pratt and Robin Wright also have roles in the film. Moneyball avoids the common cliches of underdog sports movies by focusing on the General Manager of the sport club rather than an athlete. Moneyball shows the world that professional baseball is not really even fair these days and that the game needed to be revolutionized by evening the playing field. Expand
  34. Jan 26, 2015
    Though in the future it may not be on any best ever movie lists, that may well be what it deserves. Moneyball is a movie like few others. Though not a noticeably original story on the outside, Moneyball is actually a fresh, original, and perfectly well done movie like few other. The story follows the Oakland a's through their 2002 come from behind season, as their GM Billy Beane (BradThough in the future it may not be on any best ever movie lists, that may well be what it deserves. Moneyball is a movie like few others. Though not a noticeably original story on the outside, Moneyball is actually a fresh, original, and perfectly well done movie like few other. The story follows the Oakland a's through their 2002 come from behind season, as their GM Billy Beane (Brad Pitt) and his new assistant (Jonah Hill) try to revolutionize the way baseball teams are scouted and put together, based on a new statistical theory of looking at baseball. Having to fight their own scouts and everyone in baseball who believe them to be wrong, they attempt to build a small market baseball team that can compete with the likes of the big budget Yankees. Propelled by great performances by Pitt and Jonah Hill, this heartfelt movie does a beautiful job of crafting a thoroughly dramatic and captivating baseball story, and blending it with intelligent humor and look ins at the business of baseball. Never a dull moment to spare, this movie had it all and followed through with immense skill on everything. A future hall of famer. Expand
  35. Mar 13, 2015
    Casey Beane: "Just enjoy the show". Moneyball is about Billy Beane, the general manager of the Oakland A's and the guy who assembles the team, who has an epiphany: all of baseball's conventional wisdom is wrong. Forced to reinvent his team on a tight budget, Beane will have to outsmart the richer clubs. The director of this movie (Bennett Miller) who also did Capote and his upcoming movieCasey Beane: "Just enjoy the show". Moneyball is about Billy Beane, the general manager of the Oakland A's and the guy who assembles the team, who has an epiphany: all of baseball's conventional wisdom is wrong. Forced to reinvent his team on a tight budget, Beane will have to outsmart the richer clubs. The director of this movie (Bennett Miller) who also did Capote and his upcoming movie called Foxcatcher. Well the director did more then a great job or a fantastic job, this guy is a master class of directing and I mean that a lot. Brad Pitt,Jonah Hill and Philip Seymour Hoffman acting in the film was superb, the writing was well written and the characters actually feel like really people and not movie characters and you got to give the writers and the director respect for that. Am not going to give this movie a 5/5 star's because is this the movie that am going to watch over and over again, well no but I still enjoyed the show. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Olly Richards
    Nov 21, 2011
    You don't need to understand anything of baseball to get behind this, a chest-swelling story about second chances and flipping a finger up (even a giant foam one) to The Man.
  2. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Sep 26, 2011
    Statistics and their alleged true meaning are at the heart of Moneyball, but it's also one of the most soulful of baseball movies - it confronts the anguish of a tough game.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Sep 23, 2011
    Moneyball presents a misleading story line in order to prop up Billy Beane as some kind of would-be miracle worker antihero. In truth, he's just another tobacco-chewing go-getter trying to make sense of a game that, thankfully, has never quite made sense.