8.0

1. Feb 20, 2012
    Simply put, the movie was not that good. There was nothing new about this movie I have not seen before and the movie was slow for my taste. Over-rated and not worth a purchase but maybe a rent.
  2. Nov 16, 2011
    WOW> I dont understand the critics and their mentality. I went for this movie after reading all the positive review. This was was fuc***ing boring. It was so slow and that I actually slept during the movie for about 5 - 10 minutes. This happened to me for the first time ever. I am sure that this movie will win the oscar. After all oscars are meant for such boring movies. eg - Kings speech over the social network or Inception, Hurt locker over Avatar, Slumdog millionaire, etc... Expand
  3. Oct 31, 2011
    this' a boring movie ever! the movie was too long for nothing.this movie almost caused me to fall asleep, they used 50 million dollar for nothing, this' the most worst and terrible movie that i've ever seen in my life.
  4. Oct 12, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Last night I went to Moneyball. I have heard and seen nothing but positive reviews from those who have seen it thus far. It was okay but curiously, for effect no doubt, devoid of any passion or emotion except when Brad threw things around the clubhouse or at home. Everyone spoke very mannerly and low key, very consciously, except for the coach Billy Beane fired who showed a little genuine passion. Perhaps the fact that all was connected to objective, detached statistics on baseball players they decided to play the movie that way, devoid of passion. Personally, I had more passion in teaching one class than was evident in that whole movie. However, having said that, it was an okay rendering of the information on using stats like on-base percentage to determine a players inherent worth to a team. Still, it is very over-rated! Expand
  5. Sep 25, 2011
    To this day I have never gone to a movie and become so bored that I fall asleep. Moneyball changed that. For the first quarter of the movie I really enjoyed it but then it just dragged on and got really boring. Some laughs, a good cast, a good story but no entertainment value sadly makes this one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
  6. Sep 23, 2011
    I enjoyed most of this movie.It was so realistic about the business of baseball. The flashbacks did lend another dimension and enhanced the root of the story. But, and a big but, the movie was 12 minutes too long. It was a drag at the end and did nothing but bore the audience. I have been to terrific movies where at the end the audience claps and cheers even though there is no one to receive the applause. The audience was ready to do the same with this one but by the time it ended they had, had it and just left. Too bad, great beginning and a good ending but the add on at the end including the whole song,again, by his daughter.. not good and the scene at Ebbets field was totally unnecessary Expand

1. Reviewed by: Olly Richards
    Nov 21, 2011
    You don't need to understand anything of baseball to get behind this, a chest-swelling story about second chances and flipping a finger up (even a giant foam one) to The Man.
  2. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Sep 26, 2011
    Statistics and their alleged true meaning are at the heart of Moneyball, but it's also one of the most soulful of baseball movies - it confronts the anguish of a tough game.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Sep 23, 2011
    Moneyball presents a misleading story line in order to prop up Billy Beane as some kind of would-be miracle worker antihero. In truth, he's just another tobacco-chewing go-getter trying to make sense of a game that, thankfully, has never quite made sense.