Monsoon Wedding

7.9

1. JochenL.
    May 1, 2002
    I agree totally with the comment of Michael Atkinson in the VILLAGE VOICE. At the end the stereotypes were really boring.
  2. SoniaM.
    Apr 21, 2003
    I dont see what the big deal was about this movie. there are other bollywood movies with much better actors/actresses. this thing was slow and boring...
  3. LeslieH.
    Nov 9, 2002
    It's colorful and has magical music, but I don't what was so feel-good about it , funny about it, and most of the time it was just plain boring.
  4. DesiB.
    Jun 22, 2002
    An Indian movie with "phoren eyes"...why are Indian movies either unmitigated fantasies or ugly truths...the poverty of pather panchali...or the dirty secrets of mira nair movies... why the second largest film industry in the world can't come up with decent movies in a land full of wonderful literature and excellent contemporary writers...till then we have to do with these kind of An Indian movie with "phoren eyes"...why are Indian movies either unmitigated fantasies or ugly truths...the poverty of pather panchali...or the dirty secrets of mira nair movies... why the second largest film industry in the world can't come up with decent movies in a land full of wonderful literature and excellent contemporary writers...till then we have to do with these kind of movies...it gives you a realistic peep into the Indian Punjabi Society...the characters are not well developed...and I did not find the movie as good as critics claimed...but the audience really liked it ...as for Mira Nair...she has not yet made anything as good as Missisipi Masala. Expand

1. Eminently disposable, but that's its charm. It stays with you just long enough to make you smile.
    One of those joyous films that leaps over national boundaries and celebrates universal human nature.
  3. An air-conditioned bus tour of Punjabi ritual. Nair stuffs the film with dancing, henna, ornamentation, and group song, but her narrative clichés and telegraphed episodes smell of old soap opera.