Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) | Release Date: December 18, 1987
8.7
Universal acclaim based on 70 Ratings
Watch Now
walkereklawDec 6, 2015
total "comfort" film. enjoyable for beginning to end, all while enjoying each character. Cinematography, soundtrack and storyline are exceptional. And exceptionally fun.
smiyamotNov 29, 2015
A really lovely movie about love, falling in love, marriage, who to marry and why, and why you just can't fight it when it happens to you. Cher was great, she should have won an Oscar. I don't have a lot of DVDs but this one is in my collection.
SpangleJul 1, 2015
Unfunny, unromantic, unrealistic, and all around annoying, Moonstruck is a complete and utter failure in my book. Cher is annoying in the lead role, Danny Aiello is alright but his character is literally an idiot, leaving Nicolas Cage as theUnfunny, unromantic, unrealistic, and all around annoying, Moonstruck is a complete and utter failure in my book. Cher is annoying in the lead role, Danny Aiello is alright but his character is literally an idiot, leaving Nicolas Cage as the only good part of the film (though his character is quick to get attached, eh?). The film feels as if it was made by some teenager romanticizing about love, who has no idea what love really is. I would know because I am not too far removed from those days myself. Completely lacking any substance, believable romance, and jokes, Moonstruck falls flat from the very beginning and the longer it goes on, the more and more you get annoyed by its very presence. A shame really because Cage is great here, so he wasted a good performance on a terrible film, which I guess is pretty characteristic of him. Expand
AlessandroOdoJun 27, 2013
It wasn't good, it was spectacular, wonderful. You'll love the performances, but Cher's, hers was the best. The music is beautiful, and you'll laugh every moment.
pennyfunnybonesApr 22, 2012
I found this movie to be most charming, eloquently written, and just all around a silly romantic comedy. The banter between the characters portraying an Italian family couldn't have been more accurately. This classic Cher movie is one allI found this movie to be most charming, eloquently written, and just all around a silly romantic comedy. The banter between the characters portraying an Italian family couldn't have been more accurately. This classic Cher movie is one all movie lovers should watch in their life time. Expand
MarioDOct 9, 2005
I could watch this movie again and again and again. One of the most charming ensemble casts I've ever seen. And one of the few films that really "gets" the Italian family right.
1 of 1 users found this helpful