6.1

1. May 11, 2015
    I fully enjoyed the first mortal kombat. However I prefer this one to the first. MK2 gets rights into the action,
    there are more characters and the action scenes are expertly directed. The music is also as excellent in this sequel as it was in the original. This is one of the best martial arts movies I've seen and it is 100% faithful to the video game. This sequel has more intensity than the first and that is what makes it so enjoyable.
  2. Sep 21, 2010
    Its absoloutly horrible. In fact it's so bad... its funny and entertaining. I would give it a 0 if I didn't spend the whole movie laughing. I'm really torn between giving it a zero for sucking and a six for making me laugh so hard. I think I'll flip a coin.
  3. KevinM
    Mar 13, 2009
    I like how 5 guys can come up with a story that any 6th grader could have come up with in their head. This sequel was just shallow. Still, it's not the worse movie I've ever seen, but it is definitely one of the weakest movie adaptations of a video game (nothing beats Street Fighter, even though it was entertaining for all the wrong reasons).
  4. Oct 10, 2014
    I'll get this out of the way early, the movie sucked.
    However, it is a little endearing. The plot is questionable and the writing is terrible. The acting however, is not that bad and the fight scenes are great. The music is amazing. As for plot, since when in the Ps2 era did MK have a good plot?
    I'll get this out of the way early, the movie sucked.
    The special effects are great until they're not.(Good Sub-Zero's Ice, Bad- Kung-Fu fighting Dragons(Don't ask...))
    This movie is enjoyable though, if you watch it for the fights and fan-service.
  5. AaronC
    Jun 24, 2007
    This was the greatest movie ever made.
  6. Oct 4, 2011
    "Mortal Kombat: Annihilation" is just terrible. It's like watching a PG-13 version of sesame street, where they all fight with poor effects rather than to talk out. Don't, just don't waste your time on this.
  7. LeeH.
    May 17, 2006
    What the heck are you guys even talking about? I thought this was a great action movie. You do realize it's a martial arts movie based on a friggin video game, right? The martial arts scenes (most of the point of the film) were excellent. The choreographer did one of the best jobs I've seen in a m.a.'s movie in a long time. They actually got actors that could fight, instead What the heck are you guys even talking about? I thought this was a great action movie. You do realize it's a martial arts movie based on a friggin video game, right? The martial arts scenes (most of the point of the film) were excellent. The choreographer did one of the best jobs I've seen in a m.a.'s movie in a long time. They actually got actors that could fight, instead of "pretty faces" like in the first edition (a movie which I also liked). The new Sonja Blade (Sandra Hess - Beastmaster 3) was much better than the first. To say a movie based on a video game has no "plot"...oy...talk about the wrong line of thinking going in to a movie. Expand
  8. Apr 20, 2011
    Beyond awful. Crap acting, script, effects, and action. Everything in this movie fails. One of the worst films I've every seen. Awful, awful, awful, awful!
  9. Apr 29, 2011
    Horrible,just horrible,as a MK fan i should give this movie a o...............................
    but the music is good and its kinda cool to see the all the characters in a movie!
  10. Dec 22, 2011
    this is a terrible movie so much that the actor that plays as johnny cage told his agent to kill him off thats how bad this movie is its hard to believe that they could make a crap version of mortal kombat 1 its like throwing up on a polished turd the only reason i give this movie a one cause its a whole lot of fun to make cracks at this movie and to see how not to make a movie.
  11. Mar 1, 2012
    Quite possibly one of the worst sequels ever to be released in theaters, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation literally Destroyed All Expectations, the plot makes no sense, and they literally tried to cram inIn almost every single one of the characters from both the games Mortal Kombat II and MK3 without giving them sufficient screen-time nor development, aside from that, the film suffers from badQuite possibly one of the worst sequels ever to be released in theaters, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation literally Destroyed All Expectations, the plot makes no sense, and they literally tried to cram inIn almost every single one of the characters from both the games Mortal Kombat II and MK3 without giving them sufficient screen-time nor development, aside from that, the film suffers from bad recasting and acting, lackluster fight scenes, cheap production values, and some of the worst CGI ever to assault cinema screens. My advice: stick to the original, and avoid this at all cost. Expand
  12. Mar 6, 2015
    I'll give it 1 because it's **** FUNNY !!
    OMG the effects, i cried from laughter... BEST MOVIE EVERRRR !
    I bet the positive reviews are people who laugh all the way until the ending and they think it's a comedy movie about Mortal Kombat....
  13. Apr 12, 2015
    A complete letdown compared to the first MK film, most of the film is either Raiden talking or fighting, that's all it is 90% of the time, I can't go anymore considering I watched both of them after each other!
  14. PatrickN
    Mar 14, 2008
    The most time-wasting movie that i watched.Can your face still be in perfect shape when you get hit by a steel hatchet in the face?
  15. GabboE
    Oct 2, 2008
    Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, that's pretty much the description of this sequel, it annihilated the opportunity of New Line ever doing another Mortal Kombat movie, i really liked the first Mortal Kombat movie, but i did not like this one as much as i liked the first one, what went wrong with this one was that almost everyone of the original cast has been replaced except for Robin Shou Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, that's pretty much the description of this sequel, it annihilated the opportunity of New Line ever doing another Mortal Kombat movie, i really liked the first Mortal Kombat movie, but i did not like this one as much as i liked the first one, what went wrong with this one was that almost everyone of the original cast has been replaced except for Robin Shou as Liu Kang and Talisa Soto as Kitana, the costumes were terrible, the special effects were vomit, the dialogue was absolutely cheesy, the fights were not as good as the fights in the first MK movie and there were too many characters jumping in and out, bottomline: the original Mortal Kombat movie is an excellent masterpiece, but the sequel Mortal Kombat: Annihilation is a waste of time. Expand
  16. EdgarV
    Nov 25, 2008
    A very bad movie at all levels even though in my opinion is a little- but only a little- better than the first which was pretty awful itself... From bad acting to ridiculous special effects the experience turns into un unbearable torment... This is definitely the movie you should be looking forward... to avoid!
  17. LB
    Jul 14, 2009
    I had heard this was horrible, but my sanity was simply annihilated as I watched this on TV. Bad acting, terrible fight scenes, and the plot makes no sense. Characters just randomly show up and fight random characters. The first one was actually pretty decent, but they really should have left it alone after that.
  18. ChristianS.
    Aug 8, 2009
    Hi, if you want to watch mortal kombat, watch the first one because it is so much better this garbage they call a sequel. even if it is faithful to the video game that i played when i was 10, the whole film is brought down by terribly cheesy and outdated visual effects, corny dialouge, annoying characters, and a terrible script.
  19. NP
    Oct 3, 2009
    It is one of the worst movies I have ever seen! It makes the first movie (which was a masterpiece) a joke. Just watch the first one (its better).
  20. Sam
    Oct 20, 2005
    I wouldn't nessecarily say I was dissapointed with this movie, but I was remotley surpised how truly awful it was. Lame acting, characters, effects, need I go on?
  21. JayE.
    Nov 14, 2005
    The soundtrack was awesome. The movie, not so much. Buy the soundtrack.
  22. WesE.
    Nov 15, 2005
    Imagine that, if after buying the MK: Annihialation DVD, that you open the case, however instead of finding a disc, you opened up Pandora's Box, which in turn sent millions of acidious, flesh-eating parasites straight for your genital area. I would have said this about this sad lump of dying termite queens even if I weren't disappointed. And I was disapointed; I'd choose a Imagine that, if after buying the MK: Annihialation DVD, that you open the case, however instead of finding a disc, you opened up Pandora's Box, which in turn sent millions of acidious, flesh-eating parasites straight for your genital area. I would have said this about this sad lump of dying termite queens even if I weren't disappointed. And I was disapointed; I'd choose a lifelong career drowning puppies than watch this movie again. Expand
  23. GeorgeS.
    Nov 17, 2005
    The first Mortal Kombat movie was probably one of the first above average movies based on videogames but this one...... avoid at all costs if its on tv or something and there is nothing on MAYBE watch it while doing something else soundtrack is pretty good though maybe just have it on in the background to listen to the music IF you like Techno as much as im badmouthing this movie I really The first Mortal Kombat movie was probably one of the first above average movies based on videogames but this one...... avoid at all costs if its on tv or something and there is nothing on MAYBE watch it while doing something else soundtrack is pretty good though maybe just have it on in the background to listen to the music IF you like Techno as much as im badmouthing this movie I really cant give it a zero your movie doesnt even the right to be called a movie if it gets a zero from me. You might be fine with it if your really interested in seeing where the kombatants ended up after Mortal Kombat of course this has NOTHING to do with that at all so maybe you wont. Expand
  24. BrandonL.
    Feb 22, 2006
    Why all the bad reviews? I found this movie entertaining, even though it isn't as good as the first.
  25. JB
    Aug 11, 2006
    Absolute Trash. The only thing this film annihilates is your sanity. If you can find it on VHS, feel free to use it as a door stop, plate or makeshift ironing board.
  26. FredB.
    Oct 18, 2006
    When I watch this movie I try to think why it's so bad but I cant pick a reason why. The acting is par and the fighting is par. It doesn't offer anything different form the first film.
  27. josak
    Feb 6, 2007
    Not too bad... it had some cool fight scenes. I enjoyed it for what it is.
  28. PabloR
    Jun 21, 2007
    The only good actress... quit. She noticed that the first one was crap! This one was even bigger CRAP! Without Sonya from the Part one. This had horrible acting like part one. But its still O.k to watch on Spike TV.
  29. j30
    Feb 13, 2012
    The first Mortal Kombat movie made a lot of money, why not make another one? Mortal Kombat: Annihilation is exactly why you don't make another one.
  30. Oct 12, 2012
    With no Paul W.S. Anderson and no returning cast (just Robin Shou), I watched Annihilation and I think it's one of the worst video game movies or sequels I've ever saw. New Line just subsequently alienated the sequel into a circus filled with bad acting, a terrible script, and a useful excuse of putting my favorite characters from Mortal Kombat II (Kitana and Mileena) into nothing butWith no Paul W.S. Anderson and no returning cast (just Robin Shou), I watched Annihilation and I think it's one of the worst video game movies or sequels I've ever saw. New Line just subsequently alienated the sequel into a circus filled with bad acting, a terrible script, and a useful excuse of putting my favorite characters from Mortal Kombat II (Kitana and Mileena) into nothing but prostitutes. Don't buy it, matter of fact, don't rent it on Blu-Ray. I should really stick to the original Kombat and maybe soon Warner Bros. could find a way to reboot the Mortal Kombat franchise and turn it into an R-rated format because the game series is rated M for Mature, so why not bring on the fatalities. Expand
  31. Feb 13, 2013
    While I do give this movie some credit for trying to remain loyal to the games, it kind of get lost in trying to do too much and not doing anything significant to explain a thing to the audience. Even a die-hard MK fan as myself had to go WTF when watch this movie. Overall: An extremely poor example of a movie that just seems to be there to milk the franchise for all its worth. Not toWhile I do give this movie some credit for trying to remain loyal to the games, it kind of get lost in trying to do too much and not doing anything significant to explain a thing to the audience. Even a die-hard MK fan as myself had to go WTF when watch this movie. Overall: An extremely poor example of a movie that just seems to be there to milk the franchise for all its worth. Not to mention the extremely BAD "acting." Almost makes the Street Fighter movie look like Shakespeare. Expand

Overwhelming dislike - based on 12 Critics

1. The movie is nothing more than a perpetual chain of elaborately choreographed (by returning star Robin Shou) fight sequences that mix live-action foregrounds with complexly layered digital effects and are linked together by the most flimsy and laughable of plot elements.
    This film has no story, no characters, and no coherence.
  3. Its dazzling special effects make its combatants flip and fly, spin and soar, all the while punching and kicking each other like jackhammers, only to leave viewers utterly unmoved.