6.6

1. Oct 1, 2013
    Had some pretty solid acting and it certainly was enjoyable scare wise. It was just an incredible grind to get through. The run time is far too long and a bit tedious as well, It really ruined the movie in my opinion. Took all the joy out of it and by the time I was half way through, It was a massive grind just to finish it. Really disappointing because it would have been a lot moreHad some pretty solid acting and it certainly was enjoyable scare wise. It was just an incredible grind to get through. The run time is far too long and a bit tedious as well, It really ruined the movie in my opinion. Took all the joy out of it and by the time I was half way through, It was a massive grind just to finish it. Really disappointing because it would have been a lot more watch-able if it were shorter.

Also what's up with the stupid tornado sub-plot that offers absolutely nothing to the film? Waste of time and completely needless.
  2. Jul 12, 2012
    Surprising movie in a good way. A story really well elaborated and more, still well executed. Performances from all the cast really good but definitely the stronger is Rebecca de Mornay'. Always with the same nuts face along with a excellent performance. Rebecca's performance was crazily good, she mixed the sadistic with calmness in a excellent form. One thing I liked, beside theSurprising movie in a good way. A story really well elaborated and more, still well executed. Performances from all the cast really good but definitely the stronger is Rebecca de Mornay'. Always with the same nuts face along with a excellent performance. Rebecca's performance was crazily good, she mixed the sadistic with calmness in a excellent form. One thing I liked, beside the characters aren't mentions for intelligence, they weren't the typical dumb teenagers, were adult people afraid and acting on under pressure and control. I found that really nice. It left the movie with a serious tone. Another thing, it has no jokes at crucial moments, it was taken very seriously, it also counted a lot. If you like violent thrillers, plus plenty of blood and tension, this will appeal you in full. A pity that it hasn't gone to the cinema, certainly deserved a chance. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Chuck Bowen
    May 4, 2012
    A home-invasion film like Mother's Day is elongated coitus interruptus.
  2. Reviewed by: Jeannette Catsoulis
    May 3, 2012
    Crisply shot and surprisingly well acted, Mother's Day suffers from an overly long script (a tornado hovers off screen to no apparent purpose) and annoying glitches in continuity.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Abele
    May 3, 2012
    When Rebecca De Mornay shows up as the criminals' fiercely doting matriarch, the ready crackle of her studiously demonic performance brings welcome distraction from this otherwise crude litany of torture and wretched death.