Relativity Media | Release Date: January 25, 2013
3.1
Generally unfavorable reviews based on 391 Ratings
Watch Now
inaneswineNov 14, 2017
Honestly? I've seen worse. It is what it is - a bunch of wonderfully talented actors doing what they do best...worst. I admit to laughing out loud quite a few times, but rolling my eyes a few times more.

I don't really know what else to say

I don't really know what else to say here. I'm sure your expectations couldn't be any lower, so having me slag off the film doesn't do much either way. Put it this way - if you do watch it, you may get a couple of good laughs out of it. But only a couple.
AndresLunaJul 6, 2017
For your own sense of dignity and safety, do not, do not, watch this film. It's full of sick, degrading, tasteless, vulgar, awful, shocking and insulting "who-can-call-them-jokes?". What a great pity that known actors fell so deeply for this.For your own sense of dignity and safety, do not, do not, watch this film. It's full of sick, degrading, tasteless, vulgar, awful, shocking and insulting "who-can-call-them-jokes?". What a great pity that known actors fell so deeply for this. As one person here rightly commented (I'll put it in my own words) the devil itself seems to be behind most of the scenes of this disgusting production, waiting to get your soul as well. Expand
Meth-dudeApr 28, 2017
It's easy to see why this movie gets so much hate. the acting was generally bad, most segments weren't funny, it was way too over the top and it gets boring after a while. I do think that it is a bad movie, but it gets way more hate than it deserves.
KieranRodriguezApr 23, 2017
"Once you see it, you can't un-see it." a tag line for a movie has never rung more true. How or why this was commissioned with all of these A-listers is an honest mystery.
No. Just no. Never. Please, never.
SimpsonFansAug 11, 2016
If you think Hugh Jackman sporting a pair of testicles dangling from his chin is funny, I've got some great news for you. The marketing team must have had a hell of a time trying to sell "Movie 43" to the general public because it's a comedyIf you think Hugh Jackman sporting a pair of testicles dangling from his chin is funny, I've got some great news for you. The marketing team must have had a hell of a time trying to sell "Movie 43" to the general public because it's a comedy that really isn't about anything. It's a series of skits strung together by a barely cohesive narrative. Of course, there have been many skit films before "Movie 43," but this is the first film to be backed by a major studio and to have a litany of A-list actors, actresses, and filmmakers involved.

The film is centers on an unkempt "screenwriter" (played by Dennis Quaid), who is trying to pitch his movie to a Hollywood executive (played by Greg Kinnear). Much like the rest of the movie, their situation begins to spiral into absurdity, and in between we are treated to a series of mock ads and strange scenarios that increasingly build on their gags until they just eventually sort of end.

"Movie 43" fares best in its first half, as the film's opening half hour boasts a number of amusing shorts including a bit of silliness featuring Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber as parents who take the home-schooling concept to very dark places. However, the film begins to lose steam somewhere around the midway point, inundated with sketches that are completely pointless and desperately unfunny. The second half of the film is loaded with skits that are either disastrously overlong or problematic; quickly losing any appeal that might be left.

If the sketches have any unifying style, it's that they go for shock value over genuine laughs most of the time. "Movie 43" is best suited for in the home-entertainment market, where these short story dilemmas can be hashed out between bong rips and consuming large amounts of alcohol.
EpicLadySpongeFeb 15, 2016
So many directors took an immature attempt to create possibly one of the most disgusting movies of 2013 yet. You know once there's too many directors, you know your movie will be bad.
VinceRocks123Jul 4, 2015
My most hated movie of all time, the film is a blundering mess and not one simple thing about this movie was funny, the script sounded like it was written by a brain damaged retarded six-year old obsessed with toilet humor!!

A huge

A huge assemble of great or terrible actors its a movie experience were you might need a barf bag at your side when watching.

Total Thumbs Down I bet Roger Ebert would have named it his most hated movie too

yuckity yuck yuck yuck!
NFWJun 25, 2015
Yeah, it's funny, if you find humor in: feces jokes, a girl getting her period, Halle Berry degrading herself, Hugh Jackman with a pair of nuts hanging off his neck, and a homosexual cartoon cat jerking off to Josh Duhamel. Well, let meYeah, it's funny, if you find humor in: feces jokes, a girl getting her period, Halle Berry degrading herself, Hugh Jackman with a pair of nuts hanging off his neck, and a homosexual cartoon cat jerking off to Josh Duhamel. Well, let me rephrase that, jokes like these can be funny, but a little but of creativity is also required. It's going to take more than just tossing it at the screen people. It amazes me how all these talented people were in this movie. Seriously? Lindsay Lohan made better life choices. Expand
lukechristianscMay 16, 2015
Is Movie 43 that bad? Hell yes! all of these brilliant stars can rise above this crappy not funny material; producer Charles Wessler knows the big stars and decides to crush these actors abilities of fame and talent. Director Peter FarrellyIs Movie 43 that bad? Hell yes! all of these brilliant stars can rise above this crappy not funny material; producer Charles Wessler knows the big stars and decides to crush these actors abilities of fame and talent. Director Peter Farrelly (who produced the film and directed a segment), who has made funny comedies but decides to waste his talent I don't know how these people can be proud of their work. Positives: the film is funny but 'it's so bad that it's so good' all of these failed sketches (that are mean't for Saturday night live) are really funny and absurd I laugh throughout the film. But don't see this film! it is an atrocity towards cinema. But as a result is funny. Grade C- Expand
ShiftyeyeddogMar 15, 2015
Strictly for those who'll laugh at absolutely anything crude or stupid. A train-wreck, what-in- God's- name-were-they-thinking kind of experience. Embarrassing.
idanidan123Mar 13, 2015
From begining to finish i was like: 0________________________0
It's really arguable to consider this movie or DBZ Evolution as the worst film ever. literally.
greenchc12Mar 5, 2015
People hate this movie a lot, but honestly it is much better than I expected. I like SNL, and this is much funnier than SNL and is overall a great movie. I love most of the actors involved and find this movie absolutely rewatchable. GreatPeople hate this movie a lot, but honestly it is much better than I expected. I like SNL, and this is much funnier than SNL and is overall a great movie. I love most of the actors involved and find this movie absolutely rewatchable. Great movie if you want to see a bunch of raunchy skits. Expand
MovieGuysFeb 2, 2015
Despite an A List cast, Movie 43 is a tasteless exercise that feels like a 90 minute collection of rejected Saturday Night Live skits. It tries to intentionally parody itself, yet that fails, and the movie is really a bad parody of thatDespite an A List cast, Movie 43 is a tasteless exercise that feels like a 90 minute collection of rejected Saturday Night Live skits. It tries to intentionally parody itself, yet that fails, and the movie is really a bad parody of that parody. If that makes sense.

Stay away. Don't waste your time. At least George Clooney had the common sense to reject a cameo, his response being "No f**king way". Do what George did: reject this movie, completely.
moonman1994Jan 10, 2015
This movie is terrible! Kind of amazingly terrible though. I'm still not quite sure why I watched the entire thing. The weird thing was that the acting wasn't bad because the cast was a talented one and for whatever reason they actuallyThis movie is terrible! Kind of amazingly terrible though. I'm still not quite sure why I watched the entire thing. The weird thing was that the acting wasn't bad because the cast was a talented one and for whatever reason they actually tried. There were like one or two funny moments but they do not make up for all of the terrible jokes in this movie. Expand
SushiStonerDec 19, 2014
Let's face movie 43 was a huge waste of talent, lacking humor and originality, the film itself was an excuse to present big stars and place them all into one film. I have to admit there were a few chuckles here and there but that's all forLet's face movie 43 was a huge waste of talent, lacking humor and originality, the film itself was an excuse to present big stars and place them all into one film. I have to admit there were a few chuckles here and there but that's all for the stupidity and risks this film is willing to take, what cinema tragedy. Expand
zia25Nov 18, 2014
Terrible movie. Not funny at all. Don't know why, I didn't stop watching it half way through. Cannot believe all these good actors signed up to star in this horrible movie.
flametail23Oct 29, 2014
Worse then Grown Ups 2, this is the worst comedy movies I have ever seen. It has maybe one laugh out load joke nd that's it. it's a total pile of ****
DalekOct 26, 2014
Movie 43 seemed like an interesting film. It has all of these actors in it. Surely it must be good? Well, that depends on your sense of humour I guess; and your age as well. Movie 43 in a nutshell is full of immature jokes and scenarios thatMovie 43 seemed like an interesting film. It has all of these actors in it. Surely it must be good? Well, that depends on your sense of humour I guess; and your age as well. Movie 43 in a nutshell is full of immature jokes and scenarios that a 12 year old would find funny. I'll admit, I found some of it a little bit funny myself, and found the overall concept of the film interesting, trying to find 'Movie 43', but just end up watching one weird short scenario after the next.

But the ending wasn't anything special, and the humour became quite dry towards the end of the film.

I do disagree however, that this is apparently the 'worst film of all time'. Or the 'citizen kane' of bad films. If you think that, try watching The Room (2003). You'll regret calling this film 'the worst film of all time' after you've seen The Room.
DenisManuOct 12, 2014
It's not a joke or something that's even remotely funny.All the skits,and I mean all of them are horrible.No humor whatsoever,just dumb sick jokes that idiots and people with Attention Deficit Disorder will enjoy.Easy to sum upIt's not a joke or something that's even remotely funny.All the skits,and I mean all of them are horrible.No humor whatsoever,just dumb sick jokes that idiots and people with Attention Deficit Disorder will enjoy.Easy to sum up nonetheless,Movie 43 is one of the worst movies ever made! Expand
joeyriosSep 29, 2014
The only thing that's worth of this junk of a film is the cast. Nothing else. This movie is a deep abysmal source of the nothingness that there exists in film-making.
ryandiamandisAug 23, 2014
What the **** **** is this? Oh my God, this is certainly the worst movie I've ever seen. This movie looks like a joke, but that dull unsightly boring joke that drunk idiots tell on bars. This movie is so **** that I think I am traumatized.
chwAug 22, 2014
Not comedic at all. I didn't laugh at all. I didn't chuckle at all. All I did was watch in stupidity for picking Movie 43 as the movie for me to watch.
JacobAug 21, 2014
This is perhaps one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen but it is so dumb and stupid that it winds up being entertaining. There are those bad movies like After Earth where I am sitting there bored out of my mind, and then there are the onesThis is perhaps one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen but it is so dumb and stupid that it winds up being entertaining. There are those bad movies like After Earth where I am sitting there bored out of my mind, and then there are the ones where I am pretty engaged for the most part and this film was the latter. This is one of those films that is so bad it is entertaining. Some of the dumb sh*t in this movie is stupid and made me roll my eyes in digust but some of it made me laugh my head off. I feel bad for the celebrities in this film because some of the stuff they do is degrading and embarrasing but thankfully most of them have had better movies since this. Lastly, why was the Beezel skit in there it was dumb and pointless filler to get the film to the 1 hour and 30 minute mark. Now I am worried about. The Guardians of the Galaxy because that movie and the skit are done by the same guy. If you watch this movie you'll get some laughs but they wont' be for the right reasons. This is the worst films of 2013, at least based on what I've seen, but at least it left me laughing. Expand
RealMuthaFAug 2, 2014
Now I heard that this was a vulgar movie with lots of dick jokes and such, and many people didn't like it, but I still thought "Hey, I'm no aesthete, I can laugh at stupid jokes given they're well-made and don't cross the line". Well, I wishNow I heard that this was a vulgar movie with lots of dick jokes and such, and many people didn't like it, but I still thought "Hey, I'm no aesthete, I can laugh at stupid jokes given they're well-made and don't cross the line". Well, I wish I didn't do that.
This "movie" is outright **** terrible, it's a piece of **** **** garbage that should not have ever been made. The level of "jokes" here is so **** low I barely smiled for a single time and sometimes I actually had to fast-forward this bull **** because it was unbearable to watch (say, in the Chris Pratt part).
This "film" barely has any plot, and is just a number of small skits, ALL of which are beyond **** stupid and unfunny. I mean it, not any single **** part of this was better than the other. What eludes me is three things. First, where did they find the imbecile piece of **** directors to film these clips? (Every clip is directed by a different person). Second, who in the hell's **** was so utterly **** moronic as to produce a script for this? I mean, there had to be some script, right? Lastly, how on Earth did all the good actors agree to star in this bull **** I mean, a role in Movie 43 should be like a **** black spot for any actor. Maybe they were drugged or something.
Right, so I'm sorry about all the profanity (it'll be censored anyway), but I was so mad about this I couldn't help but write a negative review. I'd give it a **** zero, but I believe that a 10-point rating system shouldn't have the option to rate things below 1. This **** may very well be the worst movie ever made.
lutfirhamzamJul 16, 2014
Pure rubbish which somehow managed to attract some of the world's biggest actors. It is just a series of unfunny segments; one after another of illogical sense of humour.
VonathanJul 13, 2014
This movie wont make you laugh. It will make you cry.There's maybe 5 minutes worth of good stuff in the whole thing. I may never understand why there were so many big name stars in it.
CiaranMcDaid12May 16, 2014
AWFUL FILM!!!!!! the performances in this movie were totally awful!!! WORST FILM OF 2013!!!! KEEP UR MONEY FOR A BETTER FILM THAN THIS ****

VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!!! :(
warrenworldMay 4, 2014
A couple of unfunny directors who have made a lot of awful comedy films come together to make one super-unfunny comedy film. That pretty much covers it.
KMPRApr 24, 2014
The very high quality cast makes this movie watchable. It is atrocious and full of cheap jokes that are beyond common sense of humor. It has it's funny moments and the 20min long credits show how **** up this actually was. I don't know whatThe very high quality cast makes this movie watchable. It is atrocious and full of cheap jokes that are beyond common sense of humor. It has it's funny moments and the 20min long credits show how **** up this actually was. I don't know what the producers thought when they wrote the script, I mean Hugh Jackman with a scrotum neck, really?
Do I recommend watching this movie? No, unless you're high as a kite or as drunk as Charlie Sheen.

Source: I'm totally **** up.
MorriBeyApr 8, 2014
This is a funny funny movie. I avoided it like the plague with all the bad reviews but happened to catch it on TV so figured i would give it 10 minutes to see how bad it was. It wasnt. It was funny funny funny. The part with the Mum and SonThis is a funny funny movie. I avoided it like the plague with all the bad reviews but happened to catch it on TV so figured i would give it 10 minutes to see how bad it was. It wasnt. It was funny funny funny. The part with the Mum and Son and the sons' first awkward kiss. That is priceless. Expand