Columbia Pictures | Release Date: June 28, 2002
5.3
Mixed or average reviews based on 122 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Jedi_JettsonJan 12, 2012
I like Adam Sandler but his role as Mr. Deeds lacks his ambition and this is one of his worst films I've seen. It's a predictable that's unpleasant in too many scenes of humor for such a comedy that tries to be light.
CalebT.Nov 18, 2002
Rejoice sandler fans! Adam Sandler does it again in this watered-down romantic comedy! i gave this film 3 stars but each and EVERY one of them goes to turturro. Frank Capra must be rolling in his grave....
NickS.Jun 27, 2002
This film was one of the laziest pieces of filmmaking I have seen in a long time. They had a chance to make a really fun movie. Instead, they used a half-assed script and seemed to throw together some ridiculuous scenes, just to get an Adam This film was one of the laziest pieces of filmmaking I have seen in a long time. They had a chance to make a really fun movie. Instead, they used a half-assed script and seemed to throw together some ridiculuous scenes, just to get an Adam Sandler movie out that will probably make a ton of movie. He's gotta get rid of these friends that he uses to write and direct these films. Winona Ryder was awful but it probably wasn't her fault because she had nothing to work with. The only saving grace was John Turtorro. I couldn't wait for him to come onscreen. Mr. Deeds is a fluff movie, you won't think at all in the theatre and you won't feel a thing as well. But at least you'll laugh a couple of times. Expand
LloydC.Jun 30, 2002
Simply a terrible movie devoid of anything more than a chuckle. Bad script, bad acting, bad directing, etc. If you go to see it, remember to check your brains in the lobby.
JustinB.Jul 30, 2002
Ok, 2 points ONLY because Adam Sandler is in it. There is a reason why the Croc Hunter is better rated!
SahashN.Aug 4, 2002
I didn't force myself to die a slow painful death with a red hot poker after seeing this movie. For that, it gets a 1.
MiriamMJul 20, 2005
Crap. What has happened to Adam?
JulioP.Nov 1, 2002
One of the worst films I watched the last few years... how come the great Winona would play in such a trash?
ArthurDec 1, 2002
The bottom line is that this movie just isn't very funny. It tries too hard to be both funny and romantic that it fails at both. It's really a shame because there is so much that could have been done here.
B.S.Oct 28, 2002
Good acting but not realing funny and the story just sucked. I had more laughs at the movies previews.
DanJun 30, 2002
I thought this movie sucked. Adam Sandler really should do some better scripts, and winona ryder? well I don't know what she did in that beverly hills store, but she couldn't steal this show.
BobJul 5, 2002
It's just not a very good movie. Period. Even Sandler couldn't save this one.
RobertH.Jun 28, 2002
Adam you can do it. That is make crap movies like this and still score at the box office. Bad writing, bad acting, bad, bad, bad! Don't waste your time.
EarlD.Jun 29, 2002
You will groan with displeasure.