8.3

1. Mar 7, 2014
    This is a fantastic & beautifully filmed documentary. It really captures the magic that went into all the music made at that legendary recording studio. I would love to own a copy of the soundtrack.
  2. Nov 25, 2014
    This is the single best music documentary I've ever seen, and somewhere in the top 30 films I've ever watched. I'll admit my ignorance of the subject but after about 40 minutes of this film I was completely captivated and amazed at the story it is telling. The film is beautifully shot, impeccably researched and genuinely floored me at times. If you have any interest in popular music of the last 50 years I urge you to see it. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Chris Michael
    Oct 24, 2013
    A stubborn charmer whose life was a magnet for tragedy, Hall is the emotional centre not only of the Muscle Shoals sound but of this film.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Williams
    Oct 24, 2013
    After we hear the hit parade that poured from rural Alabama and meet the men who led it to the top of the charts, we realize that Muscle Shoals could call itself Hitsville, USA.
  3. Reviewed by: Bill Goodykoontz
    Oct 24, 2013
    The movie is more a collection of cool people telling great stories than it is a structured documentary (despite Camalier’s attempts in that direction). But in this case, that’s enough.