8.0

1. frankbentez
    Nov 22, 2005
    loved it....smartest romantic comedy in many years in all respects
  2. JoeB.
    Sep 5, 2005
    This proves that the critics don't count. The critics were very blah on this movie but the people who saw it loved it. It's very good.
  3. ChristianG.
    Apr 29, 2005
    I'm really impressed it got a 50 in the metascore. Julia Roberts and Rupert Everett are charming to death. Off course is not a deep movie, but surely it's entertaining and engaging. Something that not most movies can say.
  4. BooI.
    Aug 23, 2004
    Definitely a 10 for me.. all thumbs up... my favourite movie ever! love it.. and still loving it..
  5. ValM.
    Nov 17, 2002
    It's the best movie ever.
  6. Marta
    Jun 16, 2002
    This movie engulfs all the characteristics needed to make a film spectacular and unforgetable! Julia Robert's and Rupert Everett's talent (amongst others), contribute to the meaningful emotion that this movie easily transmits to its viewers.

1. We get the feeling that, about nine-tenths of the way along, after he had all the characters knotted up, Bass suddenly thought, "Good heavens! I've got to find some way to finish off this thing." The way that he found is lame and makes a hash of what precedes it. [28 July 1997]
    One of the pleasures of Ronald Bass' screenplay is the way it subverts the usual comic formulas that would fuel a plot like this.
    The film makers understand that it's possible for a romantic comedy to appeal not only to the heart, but to the mind as well.