Lionsgate | Release Date: January 16, 2009
7.3
Generally favorable reviews based on 125 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Plumphoney420Jan 17, 2009
A breath of fresh air! It's a great to see a horror movie that isn't so predictable. Haven't seen a horror movie this good in years! And the 3-D was impressive!
JimboHJun 6, 2009
An intentionally campy horror movie that intentionally mixes bad special effects with some writing and scenes that are there just to comically milk the 3d. If you get it, its fun. If you don't, you're Jim Ridley.
[Anonymous]Jan 16, 2009
This is a fun midnight movie. Horror fans, get your friends together and go see some gore and some naked chicks in three dimensions.
HermanL.Jan 19, 2009
It's good to see an old fashion unpredictable movie just like the horror films from the early 80's. The 3D effects where way far better than those from the past . The 3D glasses were even cooler.
ColinGJan 19, 2009
This film delivered all that was promised and more. It's fun, has more than it's share of jolting moments and laughs. It's campy without the characters coming off as being in on the joke or winking at the audience. It proves a This film delivered all that was promised and more. It's fun, has more than it's share of jolting moments and laughs. It's campy without the characters coming off as being in on the joke or winking at the audience. It proves a film can be both scary and a little bit in on the joke as well. Those who didn't enjoy this film went to it and took it too seriously. This is supposed to be a fun, gorey, celebration of the slasher flick genre to be scene with a bunch of friends or fans of those films. If you don't take this film (or yourself) too seriously, you'll probably have a great time. One thing, the 3D effects really add a lot to the experience and may be essential to truly enjoying the film. Expand
JoshGJan 21, 2009
Being a huge fan Horror films, i must say i enjoyed My Bloody Valentine. It didn't take itself too serious & knew what the audience wanted & gave it to us. I advise you watch in a packed theatre. It was bloody fun.
MilesM.Jan 16, 2009
This movie was awesome, hands down. It was everything that it was suppose to be. There was no striving to be romance or thriller or anything. It was just straight up horror/slasher, like it should be. The fact that this movie was in an This movie was awesome, hands down. It was everything that it was suppose to be. There was no striving to be romance or thriller or anything. It was just straight up horror/slasher, like it should be. The fact that this movie was in an intense three dimensions makes it even better! Lots of good jumps outta nowhere and plenty of gratuitous horror movie nudity. This movie is a must see for any horror fan. Expand
AmandaLJan 17, 2009
Excellent fun! and Jensen Ackles is terrific.
JimOJan 19, 2009
Badass 3d slashers. loads of fun.
RickyR.Jan 20, 2009
this movie was pretty well acted and had some good elements from 80's horror movies, some of the 3d effects were pretty cheesy and i predicted the twist at the end but all and all i really liked this movie.
BillyB.Jan 23, 2009
The plot is thin. But the actors play it straight, the gore and nudity is hilarious, and the 3-D effect was excellent. Highly recommend experience in cinema 3D, but 2-D I wouldn't bother.
JamesE.Jan 27, 2009
I went to this movie for three reasons. 1.To support 3-D movies, which I want more of! 2.To support the revival of the 80's style slasher flicks. 3.To support a rare R rated horror movie While the movie isn't the best I found it I went to this movie for three reasons. 1.To support 3-D movies, which I want more of! 2.To support the revival of the 80's style slasher flicks. 3.To support a rare R rated horror movie While the movie isn't the best I found it very entertaining. The 3-D did not disappoint although you could tell the director was not quite sure what was going to work best for the format. I am sure they will figure that out quickly as 3-D pushes farther into the mainstrea, so no worries. Acting was of course just plain bad. But if you go into a movie like this wanting good acting then you my friend are what I call a moron, or Roger Ebert. If you want a fun movie that will make you feel like you are back in the glory days of Jason, Freddy, and Michael Myers look no futher than My Bloody Valentine 3-D. If you want acting take your snobby ass to The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Expand
AndrewBFeb 2, 2009
A film that doesn't shy away from it's 1980's roots and is undeniably fun. It was a great change of pace to enjoy an R rated flick in 3D.
MarcoJan 16, 2009
It's really, really bad but in the best possible way. Ridiculously gory violence, gratuitous sex and nudity, paper thin plot, novelty 3D effects. Good times.
LauraBJan 21, 2009
Hmmm...I liked this movie. I liked the blood and the gore and the sheer novelty factor of wearing 3D glasses and gasping when the 3D effects occurred. I am not a horror buff, but I enjoy a fun/scary horror movie. This was a fun, scary horror Hmmm...I liked this movie. I liked the blood and the gore and the sheer novelty factor of wearing 3D glasses and gasping when the 3D effects occurred. I am not a horror buff, but I enjoy a fun/scary horror movie. This was a fun, scary horror movie. I would not take my kids to it. I don't go to movies to be educated. I go to movies to be entertained. Jensen Ackles and the cast of MBV3D entertained me. The 3 D was very good. Collapse
PittmanW.Jan 24, 2009
The most fun you'll have at the movies all winter.
PagFeb 11, 2009
Great 3-D effect. Jensen Ackles plays a perfect little boy lost-psycho. Jamie King was a strong character. Kerr Smith playing an asshole I didn't know he could. TWO words Tom Atkins.
survivorfan989Aug 14, 2013
Despite being extremely corny this is still one entertaining Horror film. Take out the corny 3D effects, which did nothing for me as I was watching it in 2D, and you've got a great film that has a pretty good storyline to it with twistsDespite being extremely corny this is still one entertaining Horror film. Take out the corny 3D effects, which did nothing for me as I was watching it in 2D, and you've got a great film that has a pretty good storyline to it with twists thrown at every corner! Our three leads play their roles well and are suited well for the film, in particular Ackles. The blood, gore and nudity are all on high but in a way that still works for the film. Overall it's pretty impressive stuff! Expand
Meth-dudeAug 3, 2015
The acting was not that bad,the special effects were well made and the murders were pretty cool.My Bloody Valentine is definitely not a masterpiece but you can still enjoy it.