Paradise Filmworks International | Release Date: October 21, 2005
8.6
Universal acclaim based on 38 Ratings
Watch Now
JeffB.Jan 4, 2007
Great documentary with excellent music. The scenery is beautiful and the camera work outstanding. Being not a yoga person myself, I found this film very fascinating and interesting. It was great to have the yogis tell us what they are Great documentary with excellent music. The scenery is beautiful and the camera work outstanding. Being not a yoga person myself, I found this film very fascinating and interesting. It was great to have the yogis tell us what they are willing to give up to live the way they do. A must-see film for anyone, and especially, those into yoga. A+ Expand
jonm.Nov 6, 2005
The reviewer from the LA Weekly must have watched a different movie, been ignorant of the East and, therefore, out of touch with what is being documented in the movie or is just plain dense beyond belief. It is astounding how the film makers The reviewer from the LA Weekly must have watched a different movie, been ignorant of the East and, therefore, out of touch with what is being documented in the movie or is just plain dense beyond belief. It is astounding how the film makers were so trusted by the Holy Men that they were almost able to be "in their face" without them "acting" or "perfoming" for the camera. The "interviews" seemed to be very natural and uncontrived, the documentation of events seemed to be straightforwardly presented and the movie as a whole is a great achievement that brings insight to the West. Collapse
BernardC.Nov 4, 2005
Now this is how we should be teaching our children about cinema!
KentlyG.Nov 4, 2005
Extrardinary look at a culture utterly unknown to me. An amazing Eye opener.
KarenP.Nov 4, 2005
I was so moved by the story of these people. The incredible photography and the beautiful music truly brought their world to my door. I give this film my very highest recommendation.
RubiaE.Nov 2, 2005
I found the movie well done and interesting in a freak show kind of way. A unique opportunity to see into a reality far removed from our Western culture. In another reality these people may be considered uneducated, homeless and mentally I found the movie well done and interesting in a freak show kind of way. A unique opportunity to see into a reality far removed from our Western culture. In another reality these people may be considered uneducated, homeless and mentally ill. I struggled to see what enlightenment is found in standing for 12 years.. They seem to live in a society that not only tolerates such a lifestyle, but appears to also revere them as holy and seek them out to receive their blessings. I love that there are movies like this to teach those of us who will never dare to venture into this reality. Expand
CarolynnM.Oct 31, 2005
Great documentary about a little understood, but fascinsting subject. Cinematography spectacular.
victoriao.Oct 31, 2005
AMAZING movie follows the path of enlightenment of a young yogi. The scenery/cinematography are gorgeous, picturesque and provide an incredible pallette of colors and movement by which to understand and embrace the spritual lifestyle.
NancyOct 27, 2005
Lost in translation. Music too modern. Not enough explanation for the average viewer.
GaryOct 26, 2005
A fascinating look into the lives of the yogis in India. A great visual experience.
JeffW.Oct 25, 2005
Good intentions and beautiful scenery don't make for a cohenent movie. I was bored and lost half the time. Editing is choppy, music is wrong and there is no narrative. (I'm a yogi and I really wanted to like it!)
LillianHOct 25, 2005
Mesmerizing scenery, captivating music and best of all, a rare glimpse into the lives of holy men who dedicate their whole life to uplift mankind.
KarenS.Oct 25, 2005
Enlighting,colorful documentary. I loved it! I feel as if I stepped into another world. Wonderful and enlighting. I went to India without getting on a plane. The movie captured the true lives of the holy men of India. Just Beautiful!
JamesM.Oct 24, 2005
Awesome film, informative, touching and beautifully made!
USHAOct 24, 2005
Wonderful work - must see!
GloriaB.Oct 24, 2005
This is a beautiful and moving documenatry about the lives of yogis in India. It is both provocative and insightful, illustrating an alternative lifestyle to our modern material world. Two thumbs up!
StephenL.Oct 24, 2005
The best look yet at the true origins of yoga, and Indian spirituality.
DebraS.Oct 24, 2005
An amazing look and insight into the mysterious world of holy men in India. Paula Fouce and her colleagues offer the West a glimpse of modern-day spiritual reality that has been practiced for thousands of years. From the Himalayas to the An amazing look and insight into the mysterious world of holy men in India. Paula Fouce and her colleagues offer the West a glimpse of modern-day spiritual reality that has been practiced for thousands of years. From the Himalayas to the holy city of Ujjain, this is an uplifting travelogue for the soul. Expand
MarikoH.Oct 24, 2005
Fascinating, colorful, mersmerizing, never before seen footage of up close and personal life of these holy people, the film makes you want to go to India, to re-examine our lives and explore the road to enlightenment.
AnnaC.Oct 24, 2005
"Naked in Ashes" is enlightening while informative of the Yogi's path. The captured images of India as never before seen by many of us on the big screen was full of wonder as the intoxicating music heightened the experience for us, the viewers.
joes.Oct 23, 2005
This is a real beauty! the scenes alone make this documentary worth the price, but then the story is just as compelling. It engages the mind with all sorts of .wonderment .
MelindaS.Oct 23, 2005
Extraordinary!
DarbyD.Oct 23, 2005
What an honor and privilege to share the path of this amazing yogi! Extraordinary film.
MaryH.Oct 23, 2005
A very profound peek inot the lives of an amazing breed. Moving and compelling.
MartiG.Oct 23, 2005
Excellent!
EllieV.Oct 23, 2005
A beautifully enlightening film.
AldoB.Oct 23, 2005
A very touching film that takes a close look at a culture many in the west have never seen before (except in a magazine!) Well made and edited, a must see, timely excursion into deep spiritualism.
StephenD.Oct 23, 2005
This is a very inspiring film on various levels. Good cinematography, good story, sensitively directed, and amazing music. I recommend it whole heartedly!
janb.Oct 23, 2005
What a remarkable opportunity to see how these holy men live and have lived for hundreds of years.
ChrisT.Oct 22, 2005
A wonderful trip to a mystical land of spirituality.
BonnieS.Oct 22, 2005
Having lived in India myself this movie is one of the finest movies that shows the real spriitualism of the people in India. It is a very poor and overpopulated country, however the spiritualism that exists and thrives there shows that one Having lived in India myself this movie is one of the finest movies that shows the real spriitualism of the people in India. It is a very poor and overpopulated country, however the spiritualism that exists and thrives there shows that one does not have to have all the worldly goods to be happy! Excellent movie I want to see it again and again, and the music is electrifying. Expand