Napoleon Dynamite

7.9

1. BenjaminBunny
    Dec 24, 2004
    Like all of its loser main characters, this film is just lame and awkward. Makes no attempt to expand upon the one-dimensionality of the cardboard-cutout characters, instead just asking us to "laugh" at them for being what the film says they are--just dorks without depth or any semblance of growth during the film's span. Really quite pointless when you think about it. I can't Like all of its loser main characters, this film is just lame and awkward. Makes no attempt to expand upon the one-dimensionality of the cardboard-cutout characters, instead just asking us to "laugh" at them for being what the film says they are--just dorks without depth or any semblance of growth during the film's span. Really quite pointless when you think about it. I can't believe people really like this boring, condescending crap. Expand
  2. groundfisher
    Jan 13, 2005
    This is a movie for teenagers.
  3. JackB.
    Mar 2, 2005
    This could have been improved by including more humorous scenes (since this is a comedy) and there was few in this film.
  4. JeffL.
    Jul 19, 2004
    As the titular high school ubergeek, Jon Heder gives a truly original performance. Slack-jawed, good-hearted, but not really all that bright, Napoleon could serve as a walking illustration for the phrase "bad hair day." I also loved cutie Tina Majorino as Napoleon's almost love interest and Efren Ramirez as his new best friend, a Mexican kid who's the new guy at school. Despite As the titular high school ubergeek, Jon Heder gives a truly original performance. Slack-jawed, good-hearted, but not really all that bright, Napoleon could serve as a walking illustration for the phrase "bad hair day." I also loved cutie Tina Majorino as Napoleon's almost love interest and Efren Ramirez as his new best friend, a Mexican kid who's the new guy at school. Despite the performances, I found the film's low-key tone to be repetitive and ultimately grating. It's like listening to a symphony composed entirely of a single note - it may be well-played, but after 86 minutes you'll be glad it's over. For a far funnier, smarter, and more richly written and performed teen comedy, check out this year's earlier hit Mean Girls - sometimes Hollywood actually does get it right. Expand
  5. Steve-OA.
    Oct 3, 2004
    Man, this movie sucked! The only reason that people(Dorks!) thought this was funny was because of the main character's awkwardness, that's it! The score equals the amount of funny parts in the movie. It's boring, it's stupid, it's like watching somebody live, and the guy doesn't even have an interesting life, worst comedy of the year. Go see Shaun of The Dead, geeks!
  6. brad
    Aug 28, 2005
    Not that funny, not that clever. Laughed only once. Disjointed, boring story.
  7. ScottD.
    Oct 30, 2004
    How this movie is getting such high praise from the average people around here is beyond me. It was a film without a heart, a point, or even very many laughs. Its characters were all under-developed cartoons. It felt vaguely condescending, and its laughs relied just on quirkiness for quirkiness' sake. For movies that actually take the nerdy underdogs out there seriously, or that are How this movie is getting such high praise from the average people around here is beyond me. It was a film without a heart, a point, or even very many laughs. Its characters were all under-developed cartoons. It felt vaguely condescending, and its laughs relied just on quirkiness for quirkiness' sake. For movies that actually take the nerdy underdogs out there seriously, or that are made with artistry or a point, see Rushmore or Ghost World. If not, go waste your time and money on the vacuous Napoleon Dynamite. Expand
  8. JosephM.
    Jul 6, 2004
    This is the 4th movie I've walked out of in my life. The main character, who just came off as simply retarded jerk, did not have a single likeable quality. No one in real life would ever act like any of these characters.
  9. eileens
    Jan 10, 2005
    Horrible. waste of 2 hours.
  10. JesseM.
    Jan 15, 2005
    Worst movie I have ever seen.
  11. KyleA.
    Feb 1, 2005
    There are very few comedies that can pass off to any audience without any intelligence, wit, or anything that generally makes up good humor. This is one of those "comedies".
  12. JohnK
    Oct 4, 2004
    This movie was one of the most unsatisfying that I've ever seen. Napoleon Dynamite is horrible. Absolutely not funny, not even stupid-funny. I don't recall having ever disliked a movie this much.
  13. MickE.
    Jan 7, 2005
    Absolutely horrible, boring, plotless, so lame I just turned it off.
  14. caitlinc.
    Mar 24, 2005
    This movie was the most retarded movie ever! I mean only geeks would watch this.
  15. CrazyLegs
    Dec 20, 2004
    About as funny as hearing 13 year olds quote this movie.
  16. AnthonyH
    Dec 20, 2004
    First of all, i feel sorry for Leviticus A, he wasted 9 dollars on it, i only wasted 6. This movie, if you could call it one, had no plot what-so-ever. Only movie that i seriously considered walking out of. All of you that gave it a 10 and have not legitimate reasons why just proves how stupid people are. Think about what you are laughing at, a character who has no friends and looks and First of all, i feel sorry for Leviticus A, he wasted 9 dollars on it, i only wasted 6. This movie, if you could call it one, had no plot what-so-ever. Only movie that i seriously considered walking out of. All of you that gave it a 10 and have not legitimate reasons why just proves how stupid people are. Think about what you are laughing at, a character who has no friends and looks and acts like a loser. I am saddened that i didnt walk out of this movie, for I am now a lot stupider after seeing it. I have lost respect for many of my friends who actually found this movie funny. This movie is more just a 90 minute joke about the stupidity of the main character Napoleon Dynamite. The only way that i could actually see this movie again is if I was stoned or drunk. I pity all of you that enjoyed this film. I also know that just because Sundance thought it was a good movie DOESN'T make the flick good. Expand
  17. BrianD.
    Apr 4, 2005
    This movie sucked, Im a geek and I despised it not because I was offended but it just wansnt funny. Any movie the whole shop class likes cant b a good one.
  18. BobA.
    Jan 17, 2006
    There was a time when a movie was made with a purpose (usually anti-pop culture) and through the process of some strange evolution, became a "cult classic." But now movies are being packaged and produced as cult classics ready for consumption, and by MTV, no less. Something about this movie says that while the fimmakers didn't know how to be funny, they sure knew how to be weird, and There was a time when a movie was made with a purpose (usually anti-pop culture) and through the process of some strange evolution, became a "cult classic." But now movies are being packaged and produced as cult classics ready for consumption, and by MTV, no less. Something about this movie says that while the fimmakers didn't know how to be funny, they sure knew how to be weird, and that would suffice. Expand
  19. Nathan
    Jul 13, 2009
    This was absolutely one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I paid money to rent it and turned it off after 25 minutes. In that time I didn't even crack a smile. I guess I am too old for this or something.
  20. IAmCorrect
    Nov 22, 2008
    This movie was boring and horrible. I sat through the movie waiting for it to end, and even then, i wanted to shoot myself, and then the TV.
  21. EP
    Jan 7, 2006
    Pure and utter crap. And thats putting it mildly. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but definitely if you liked this movie you are stupid...end of story.
  22. JohnF.
    May 17, 2006
    Bah. Completely mistakes wierdness for humor. The makers thought that if they simply had their characters do and say odd, awkward things, the laughs would roll in. They don't. I was fighting the urge to walk out the entire time through.
  23. theCriticS.
    Aug 5, 2007
    This movie was dull, and boring. There was no plot at all. It was the least funniest movie I have ever seen. There is no likable character in this movie!
  24. TaylorL
    Nov 11, 2005
    This movie was boring and repetitive. I am so sick of everyone making such a big deal of it. It was repetitive and it's only good lines were boring. What the heck is all the fuss about??
  25. StephR
    Mar 21, 2005
    This movie totally sucked. I hated it. Boo! Boo! Worse than...everything. I would rather eat brussels sprouts.
  26. KarenO.
    Jun 21, 2005
    Horribly bad movie
  27. BenC.
    Mar 11, 2007
    One of perhaps 2 films that I could not watch because I hated the characters so much - perhaps the last half hour is good, but I doubt it because no-one in this vile piece of work is remotely likeable.
  28. Nov 11, 2012
    If the quality of a comedy is based on the quantity of laughter involved after the punch lines then this movie should rate LESS than ZERO... Simply because almost every comedy produced on earth results in at least ONE laugh, ergo Napoleon Dynamite needs to be rated as the worst comedy in history!!! No laughs and script gaffs should be cut in halfs !!!
  29. MannyC.
    Jul 20, 2004
    What gets me is how this thing killed at Sundance?!? What a terrible, unnessessary, boring self-degrading film. Jared Hess is a loser, Jon Heder is a loser and will never act again. Cheap, unapolagetic writing; sorry and tired sight gags. Tim P. gave this a ten "becasue were all dorks". Tim even dorks need a plot, and a reason to be dorks. Dorks also need a supporting cast and something What gets me is how this thing killed at Sundance?!? What a terrible, unnessessary, boring self-degrading film. Jared Hess is a loser, Jon Heder is a loser and will never act again. Cheap, unapolagetic writing; sorry and tired sight gags. Tim P. gave this a ten "becasue were all dorks". Tim even dorks need a plot, and a reason to be dorks. Dorks also need a supporting cast and something better to do than help Mexican dorks. We're all dorks, but were all not Napoleon Dynamite, and we all dont concern ourselves with sorry talk show guests of people, and while we all may be dorks, my and probably even your movie wouldnt suck as much as this one does. Expand
  30. ElsieC.
    Sep 15, 2005
    I just don't understand all the hype. I didn't laugh once.
  31. Jan 8, 2011
    Napoleon Dynamite is definitely not my kind of comedy. As Roger Ebert called it "studied stupidity," the film just shows how stupid one is. Or awkward. Or both, really. Which, not being American, does not resonate with me at all. Yes, maybe many Americans feel that way about themselves, but god - this was just a horrible film! It is one of those films that does not really have a point toNapoleon Dynamite is definitely not my kind of comedy. As Roger Ebert called it "studied stupidity," the film just shows how stupid one is. Or awkward. Or both, really. Which, not being American, does not resonate with me at all. Yes, maybe many Americans feel that way about themselves, but god - this was just a horrible film! It is one of those films that does not really have a point to itself, I feel. Maybe it does, but the entire experience totally goes passed me. I could not even finish it all the way, quite frankly. I could feel my IQ fall with every minute... Definitely would avoid this by all means. Expand
  32. Mike
    Aug 26, 2007
    I don't see how it's possible to 'get' this movie. The entire film seems to be based around one character idea... and it gets boring after about 5 minutes. Trevor L... "quite possibly the funniest movie of all time" ...wow.. the mind boggles! Uninteresting characters, a pathetic plot, I just didn't care what happened at the end. Rubbish... I think I also I don't see how it's possible to 'get' this movie. The entire film seems to be based around one character idea... and it gets boring after about 5 minutes. Trevor L... "quite possibly the funniest movie of all time" ...wow.. the mind boggles! Uninteresting characters, a pathetic plot, I just didn't care what happened at the end. Rubbish... I think I also 'hate this film with my entire soul. Expand
  33. BillyF.
    Jun 26, 2007
    A pain to watch. The character of napoleon, the dorky one-dimensional geek, is stretched out to the level of absurd frustration. You keep waiting for something significant to happen, but it never does. In a world overflowing with lovable geeks, it is hard to comprehend why the main character is such a repugnant, cringe-worthy freak. In short, confused and pretentious trash. Aiming too A pain to watch. The character of napoleon, the dorky one-dimensional geek, is stretched out to the level of absurd frustration. You keep waiting for something significant to happen, but it never does. In a world overflowing with lovable geeks, it is hard to comprehend why the main character is such a repugnant, cringe-worthy freak. In short, confused and pretentious trash. Aiming too high with an unloaded and worthless gun. Expand
  34. Trey
    Jan 8, 2005
    The worst movie I have ever seen. The acting and humor sucked. The humor just did not make sense, and if it was suppose to be, 'so stupid it was funny,' kind of style, it did not appeal to me. I could expect better acting from a highschool drama class. The ideal movie if you are still in highschool
  35. Wongit
    Jun 16, 2006
    I really dont see where they hype comes from. Honestly. Way overhyped.
  36. IdontUnderstand
    Feb 6, 2007
    Why do poeple like this movie??? I fell asleep 3 times trying to watch it and didn't smile once. I'm sorry Napoleon fans, but this movie is worse than Epic Movie, and thats saying something.
  37. TheresaH.
    Jun 20, 2004
    Why do tedious movies about horrible high school experiences have such appeal to critics?
  38. FlipperJ.
    Jun 23, 2004
    Hello, writing? and what are these 'actors' looking at? camera shyness may be 'cute' for a few minutes but an entire feature-length? tell me how it ends, I have better things to do.
  39. ShelbyC
    Jul 12, 2004
    REALLY disappointing. I thought about walking out of this movie, as well. Somehow, the last 20 minutes help the movie redeem itself. Nevertheless, it did not live up to the hype.
  40. LeviticusA
    Aug 13, 2004
    Seeing this movie was probably the biggest waste of 90 minutes and nine dollars in my life, thanks to this movie all of my friends are always quoting lines from the movie. everyone who walked out of the theatre of this movie got a little bit stupider.
  41. AaronL.
    Aug 2, 2006
    i think this film is sad and disturbing in many senses...especially how everyone finds it very funny and laugh at the character like this, and if this really is some autobiography, i will find this even more disturbing.. it just feels really sad to imagine, what if this character is real? and after u walk out of the cinema, his life would carry on in the way that everyone found "funny" i think this film is sad and disturbing in many senses...especially how everyone finds it very funny and laugh at the character like this, and if this really is some autobiography, i will find this even more disturbing.. it just feels really sad to imagine, what if this character is real? and after u walk out of the cinema, his life would carry on in the way that everyone found "funny" for 1 and a half hours? Expand
  42. TravisG.
    Mar 9, 2007
    I hated this movie. I really dont get why people think this is funny. It has no story line. I spent half the time trying to figure out what was going on. There was only one funny moment in this whole movie and that is when Napoleon goes over the jump on the bike. Other than that it is just a stupid movie.
  43. MikeS
    Oct 11, 2004
    Horrible. It was highly recommended by someone I respect so I hung around waiting for it to turnaround -- it never happened. I considered walking out about halfway through. I should have. Go see "rushmore", at least that geek wasn't completely braindead.
  44. Aaron
    Nov 14, 2004
    Clearly this movie is polarizing, and I have to say I didn't like it. The nerdiness was played very well, so I'll give it a 2 instead of a zero. However, that's like giving a trash an award for stinking properly. I just didn't like it. It was depressing in much the same way as a Jerry Springer show is: stupid people being stupid. The movie had one good scene it it Clearly this movie is polarizing, and I have to say I didn't like it. The nerdiness was played very well, so I'll give it a 2 instead of a zero. However, that's like giving a trash an award for stinking properly. I just didn't like it. It was depressing in much the same way as a Jerry Springer show is: stupid people being stupid. The movie had one good scene it it (stage dancing) and that was it. I was really dissapointed. Expand
  45. CraigP
    Jan 13, 2005
    I honestly think the government is testing a new form of mind control w/ this movie. Seriously, they created the Worst movie they could possibly think of and implanted a trigger message somewhere in the media that people must love this movie and its the greatest thing theyve ever seen. Thank goodness I missed the trigger.
  46. JeannineS
    Jan 23, 2005
    Udderly SLOW and pointless. Had a few laughs, sure, but this movie really isn't a BLOCKBUSTER COMEDY as they're making it out to be. The second I realized it was an MTV film, I knew it was doomed.
  47. ArthurA.
    Oct 23, 2005
    This was one of the most boring, plotless movies I have ever seen. It was the biggest waste of 2 hours. I really wanted to stop in the middle, but I couldn't help to hope that there will be something else at the end. Something that would explain the reason behind all the excitement about this movie. It was one of the biggest disappointments I had experienced in movies. If you never This was one of the most boring, plotless movies I have ever seen. It was the biggest waste of 2 hours. I really wanted to stop in the middle, but I couldn't help to hope that there will be something else at the end. Something that would explain the reason behind all the excitement about this movie. It was one of the biggest disappointments I had experienced in movies. If you never seen this movie and looking through reviews to decide if you should watch it or not, please spare two hours of your life and don't watch it. Expand
  48. Sharon
    Jan 29, 2005
    This movie is unique all right...I really don't see much point to it. You spend the whole movie laughing at and/or feeling sorry for these pathetic characters only someone who was ridiculed as a kid could create! And the most annoying thing is how many MSN screen names and quotes came out of this movie. I have heard WAY too many people call their friends "fat lards" or saying "gosh, This movie is unique all right...I really don't see much point to it. You spend the whole movie laughing at and/or feeling sorry for these pathetic characters only someone who was ridiculed as a kid could create! And the most annoying thing is how many MSN screen names and quotes came out of this movie. I have heard WAY too many people call their friends "fat lards" or saying "gosh, you idiot". I laughed maybe 3 or 4 times during the whole movie which picked my rating up from a 0 to a 3. Expand
  49. JonathanS.
    Apr 27, 2005
    This movie had a few laughs in it, but for the most part was just painful and disgusting to watch. The whole thing with the tater tots just grossed me out, how is that funny? I couldn't even finish this movie. It is deffinalty clear to me though, looking through these other reviews, that you either love it or hate it.
  50. JohnM.
    Jun 22, 2005
    I guess if I were 16 or younger I might find this film funny and/or worthwhile, but alas I'm not. If you think MTV is clever, you could like this film. Vote for not seeing this film.
  51. JohnS.
    Oct 22, 2004
    Worst movie I have ever seen. Are you nuts, I can't believe people actually liked this. Whoever voted this a great movie at Sundance was high.
  52. MikeJ.
    Oct 22, 2004
    It couldn't be any worse
  53. BrendaN.
    Dec 26, 2004
    A complete and utter waste of 86 minutes of my life.
  54. Fact!
    Jan 12, 2005
    Worst movie I have seen in a long time. Bad rip off of "Welcome to the Dollhouse."
  55. bradd.
    Feb 19, 2005
    This movie was so bad I couldn't even finish watching it. It was soooooo boring!! Anyways, this seems to be a very polarizing movie. Everyone who sees it either loves it or hates it, a phenomenon very rarely seen from a movie. If I were you I would watch it because you might just like it like some of my more neanderthal friends.
  56. yeahwhatever
    Aug 17, 2005
    Ehh, where to start. First off, by saying, this movie was waaaay overrated. It is really boring. There are like two or three kind of funny parts. The dancing part wasn't even funny. I could honestly watch that part with a straight face.
  57. PatrickD.
    Sep 11, 2005
    A Classsic? I don't think so. This film had so many useless scenes, where they only end up with another "Gosh!" It was hardly even a film-more of an experiment.
  58. RobC.
    Sep 26, 2008
    Just three words: Slow, Bored. Eccentric.
  59. ThomasW
    Dec 11, 2004
    Absolutely brainless, souless hipster garbage. a wes andersen goes american eagle hack job with no real jokes, personality, interesting characters or redeeming qualities. what we get instead is enough "irony" and awkward 80's geek-chique to make revenge of the nerds look like casablance. you don't always have to do what mtv tells you. this film is a waste.
  60. Mar 24, 2013
    This movie is not a comedy. One wold assume for a movie to be classified as a comedy it would have to generate at least ONE laugh throughout it's entire boredom. If you did laugh at this you must have been using some illegal substance to change your environment into an all humor universe! Get into reality and find actual comedic movies. Try Mel Brooks, Woodie Allen, Cohen Brothers etc, etc...
  61. Sep 20, 2010
    I tried to understand why ANYONE would find this movie entertaining. One thing I noticed in reading the positive reviews was that most of them have numerous misspellings and grammatical errors ( as would be in the lower intellect segment of society). Hence the good reviews.
  62. Jun 12, 2011
    One of the funniest movies I've ever seen, it really captures the average socially awkward teen and dysfunctional family perfectly, I loved every character and every moment of this hilarious movie, while some say some of the scenes are useless I disagree, I felt they were all necessary in defining the characters, if you like comedies or just good movies, this is a must see, this is aOne of the funniest movies I've ever seen, it really captures the average socially awkward teen and dysfunctional family perfectly, I loved every character and every moment of this hilarious movie, while some say some of the scenes are useless I disagree, I felt they were all necessary in defining the characters, if you like comedies or just good movies, this is a must see, this is a masterpiece that is deserving of nothing less that a perfect 10. Expand
  63. Sep 24, 2011
    The movie's decent, that's all.
  64. BryceA.
    Sep 6, 2004
    Heck yes Napoleon Dynamite is amazing, its its incredible. IT does whatever it feels like it wants to do Gosh. It gets funnier every time I see it.
    Sep 8, 2004
    GREAT MOVIE, CANT BE BEAT "Do you think people will vote for me? Heck yes! I'd vote for you. Like what are my skills? Well, you have a sweet bike. And you're really good at hooking up with chicks. Plus you're like the only guy at school who has a mustache. "
  66. JennieM.
    Jan 10, 2005
    Okay this was an awsome movie and trust me it only gets better EVERY time you watch it!
  67. krystalg
    Jan 8, 2005
    If i could i would definetly give with movie a 15...Everything about it is just so hilarious. the voices, the clothes, the plott, EVERYTHING i could go on but i mean the point is that its great. Napoleon, Kipp, Pedro..? just the names alone crack me up!! i love Napeloen Dynamite.
  68. MBG
    Jan 9, 2005
    Heck yes this movie is pretty much the best movie in the world!! Its freakin awesome if you know what I'm sayin!! So if you do then you must vote for Pedro!! HAHA!
  69. SaltyO.
    Jan 8, 2005
    Wes Anderson minus the love, Solondz minus the message, the Farrelly brothers minus any funny jokes about turds.
  70. Gnarles
    Oct 27, 2005
    Take a Wes Anderson movie, then cut the guts out of it and make it very, very stupid. A useless pile of affectation and hipster wannabe-ness jammed into forced, wobbly irony. If you think the title (stolen from Elvis Costello, no matter what the hack director claims) is the funniest thing in the world, you'll be heaven. If you don't - or are allowed outside your residence Take a Wes Anderson movie, then cut the guts out of it and make it very, very stupid. A useless pile of affectation and hipster wannabe-ness jammed into forced, wobbly irony. If you think the title (stolen from Elvis Costello, no matter what the hack director claims) is the funniest thing in the world, you'll be heaven. If you don't - or are allowed outside your residence without a helmet on - then you probably are gonna want to pass. Expand
  71. JonD.
    Apr 5, 2006
    About 2 or three times this movie made me laugh... other then taht i wanted to throw the dvd out the window, its a stupid movie and thats coming from someone who loves adam sandler movies. This pushes stupidity beyond everything this seems like it was made for about a thousand dollars and by 12 year olds. Dont watch this movie if your a teenager or older.
  72. AndyM.
    Jun 27, 2009
    This is movie is incredibly peculiar. It has this bleak and depressing tone, yet it still manages to be heartwarming, uplifting, and comedic. It doesn't hit you over the head with gags, as some people might have expected when they first saw it in theaters. Rather, it has this quirky, subtle, eccentric appeal that grows on you. Great acting, great soundtrack... it's a must-see This is movie is incredibly peculiar. It has this bleak and depressing tone, yet it still manages to be heartwarming, uplifting, and comedic. It doesn't hit you over the head with gags, as some people might have expected when they first saw it in theaters. Rather, it has this quirky, subtle, eccentric appeal that grows on you. Great acting, great soundtrack... it's a must-see film. John Heder plays this role perfectly (though, sadly, he can't play any other role). You can keep coming back to this film, and it will only get better. Just... don't expect a blockbuster teen comedy. Expand
  73. DrewG
    Feb 1, 2005
    Flippin' awesome film!
  74. marcusm
    Feb 7, 2005
    Halarious from start to finish, and the special ending was really funny. You easily fall in love (in a sense) w/ the characters because you can relate in one way or anther (you were/are like them, and/or you know someone who is). Perfectly scritped and acted, these characters could easily pass for real people. A must see and must OWN!!
  75. Aug 23, 2013
    One of the stupidest movies I have ever seen. What an asinine waste of time. Even ten years after seeing it in theatres I look back on the film with hatred.
  76. VincentH.
    Jul 3, 2004
    Yes, this film is the poor man's "Rushmore" (it essentially has most of the same ideas) and Jared Hess seems to be the poor man's Wes Anderson, but this film has enough solid belly-laughs & set pieces to please those looking for a pleasant comedy. There is a subplot involving Napoleon's loser uncles that is kind of boring but other than that this is highly recommended to Yes, this film is the poor man's "Rushmore" (it essentially has most of the same ideas) and Jared Hess seems to be the poor man's Wes Anderson, but this film has enough solid belly-laughs & set pieces to please those looking for a pleasant comedy. There is a subplot involving Napoleon's loser uncles that is kind of boring but other than that this is highly recommended to people looking for an unique comedy that is a welcomed alternative to those unlucky souls who become caught up in the hell-like vortex known as "White Chicks". Expand
  77. BenS.
    Jan 25, 2005
    hilarious
  78. KellyD.
    Jan 6, 2005
    One of the funniest movies i have ever seen in my life.
  79. KatieB.
    Jan 9, 2005
    Awesomest movie ever!!!!!
  80. ChristianH.
    Jun 16, 2004
    I've never watched a movie and laughed so hard that I actually cried . . . and I did with Napoleon Dynamite. Definitely not a movie for everyone, but the negative reviews that say that ND is a self-deprecating, self-hating movie have completely missed the point of this film.
  81. RulonL.
    Jul 9, 2004
    One of the best comidies I have seen in ages. It was wonderful to see something that I could enjoy all the way through without feeling uncomfortable because of bad language, etc.
  82. GregJ.
    Aug 30, 2004
    Look at the critics ratings, and look at the user ratings hahaha. The critics are really bombing this year. People love this movie, from start to finish. This is the best movie I've seen all year. It is interestingly enough, comparable to Forrest Gump. I loved it, and you will too. Definately a movie that people will enjoy
  83. BetsyH.
    Sep 10, 2004
    This movie is hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing and if you ask me "heck yes!" I would see this movie again!
  84. KatieR.
    Sep 5, 2004
    I love this move with a passion! it turns me on and it gets me all hot and bothered. i am anxiously waiting for it to come out on DVD so i can love it and cherish it even more!
  85. gabyg
    Jan 8, 2005
    Man this was the best movie ive ever seen I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!!!i want the boots he has but i cant find the anywhere. :(
  86. MathewR.
    Mar 1, 2005
    First time it was 9/10, then when I watched it again the next day it was pure 10/10. I was in tears the second time. Good off-the-wall comedy.
  87. MattA
    Mar 30, 2005
    This movie made me laugh my ass off...its a cult classic forshure, its so original and funny, and the actor of napolean did an amazing job...its one of my most favorite movies of all time!!!!! NAPOLEAN DYNAMITE KICKS MAJOR ASS!!!!
  88. tommym.
    Mar 7, 2005
    Im really busy ryt now!!!
  89. AbbyG
    Mar 9, 2005
    Why do you love me..why do you need me...always and forever!!! Hilarious movie :-D
  90. giad.
    Apr 10, 2005
    This is a funny movie! Its so stupid its funny!
  91. tinam.
    May 7, 2005
    Loved it.
  92. BobP.
    Apr 2, 2006
    Best movie ever.
  93. WhitneyB.
    Nov 21, 2004
    I thought this movie was so hilarious i was crying!! i have seen it so much i can say the words right along with the characters! if i could i would give this movie a 15! it was that good! any one who thought it was dumb can bury themselves in a hole and keep their negative opinions to themselves!
  94. AdenR.
    Oct 10, 2004
    This is the funniest movie i have seen all year, and i cant stop quoting from it.
  95. EmilyD.
    Dec 7, 2004
    Haha, this move is sweet. Napolean is my hero! I love how its made in Idaho, (i'm from Idaho) I live for the random thing Napolean comes up with.
  96. PhilB.
    Oct 7, 2004
    Best movie ever. Have seen it three times and would see it again. It satisfies every type of humor - from the absurd to adult to intellectual. Very well made!
  97. AlfonsoM.
    Jun 17, 2004
    I had to constantly stop my self from laughing but felt that some people i was with got annoyed by the movie.
  98. RayRay
    Jun 18, 2004
    What a great freakin' movie. A lovable loser flick that anyone who grew up outside of the "in-crowd" will relish.
  99. EverettR.
    Jun 23, 2004
    Very clever film with some very funny moments. Casting is brilliant. Pacing is right on. ND is a quirky hero for our day.
  100. JoeH.
    Jun 28, 2004
    Well done with subtle humor, very funny and you want to cheer for the underdog by the movies end.

1. Reviewed by: Helen O'Hara
    As long as you don't mind making fun of the afflicted, there are some killer comic moments.
    The cast playing these eccentric characters is magnificent...This is definitely one of the most unique comedies you’ll see all year.
  3. A one-note, lightweight, condescending comedy about the rubes of Idaho.