Napoleon Dynamite

7.9

1. AustinC.
    Aug 11, 2004
    I couldnt stop laughing the whole movie!!
  2. DaveA.
    Aug 12, 2004
    Best nerd movie in a long time. Not over done. I was laughing the whole time.
  3. DanielleB
    Aug 14, 2004
    That bike trick that Napolean did was just awsome. :-D
  4. JeffR.
    Aug 18, 2004
    This is by far the funniest movie of all time it is a dry humor that is not in most movies. It has no plot which adds to the humor as napoleon goes through his adventure.
  5. ChrisD
    Aug 19, 2004
    Well, with all the directors out there pushing perversion over as humor, they now have comedy that can relate to more people and a broader age-group. Napoleon Dynamite delivers a punch of humor to all age groups. My seven year old sister, 76 year old grandfather, 43 year old father and my 18 year old self all shared in laughs throughout the movie. Another positive element of the movie is Well, with all the directors out there pushing perversion over as humor, they now have comedy that can relate to more people and a broader age-group. Napoleon Dynamite delivers a punch of humor to all age groups. My seven year old sister, 76 year old grandfather, 43 year old father and my 18 year old self all shared in laughs throughout the movie. Another positive element of the movie is how interesting the wardrobe is. The first time I watched the movie, I spent a good twenty minutes trying to figure out what year it took place, because of all the interesting clothing. I highly recommend this movie to anyone who appreciates everyday humor. Chris gives it two thumbs up. Expand
  6. Vianne
    Aug 19, 2004
    Napoleon Dynamite is my first all-time favorite movie since Ferris....It's been a long time coming. I cannot think of anyone who couldn't appreciate something in it. I can relate to the awkwardness of growing up in the 80s. There is no other movie like Napoleon.
  7. JohnW.
    Aug 25, 2004
    Sweeeeeet.
  8. NeilC.
    Aug 28, 2004
    This movie proves there is still some originality out there. It is possibly one of the most continuously funny shows to be seen. Don?t waste your $ on the continuing trash and drivel that Hollywood keeps pumping out ? SEE THIS ONE!
  9. DaveC.
    Aug 29, 2004
    You will love or hate this movie, but most likely you'll love it. Don't expect a plot, this movie is just about a dork's everyday life. Awkward situations, great physical humor.
  10. WexlerM.
    Sep 11, 2004
    An incredebly witty movie that all audienceis will see something good in.
  11. DanaMarieDontworryaboutit
    Sep 12, 2004
    I would rate this movie a 200 if it went that hight... this movie was awesome! I went wit a bunch of friends and at first I didnt wanna go coz i thought it was gonna be dumb but i laughed the ENTIRE movie... especially at how he runs! LMAO! Omg .. i cant wait to see this movie again!!
  12. DTrees
    Sep 15, 2004
    Napoleon Dynamite is the best movie ever. You're guarunteed to constantly quote this movie forever.
  13. Anonymous
    Sep 15, 2004
    Hillarious i will by it @ 12.00 midnight when it comes out!
  14. AnnC.
    Sep 16, 2004
    I was pleasantly surpised! What a delightful change to see such a refreshing film. Thanks for the unexpected dead pan humor. I hope to see more films like this in the future!
  15. NazD.
    Sep 19, 2004
    Seriously one of the funniest films I have ever seen. It's completely unlike any movie I have ever watched. I know that it really doesn't have a plot, and nothing really happens, but it's still my new favourite movie. Flippin' sweet.
  16. stever
    Nov 6, 2005
    I don't see it as making fun of the geeks. I see the geeks as heros. It's a statement about how clueless everyone is that age. No exceptions! And how many people stay clueless through some sort of arrested development. Friends stand by friends. Family by family -- as best they can. Creativity and individuality and self-confidence are celebrated. All the characters get what they I don't see it as making fun of the geeks. I see the geeks as heros. It's a statement about how clueless everyone is that age. No exceptions! And how many people stay clueless through some sort of arrested development. Friends stand by friends. Family by family -- as best they can. Creativity and individuality and self-confidence are celebrated. All the characters get what they want. Plus, its refreshing to see a film with a really unusual style become so popular. Expand
  17. ZachM
    Mar 19, 2005
    Next to Tommy Boy, this movie is my favortie movie of all time. Jon Heder did such a great job of playing Napoleon. It was so funny. All the cast did a great job of making this seem like a funny, yet not action filled movie. It was AWESOME! Lafawnduh will be my wife one day!
  18. T-DoggHall
    Mar 19, 2005
    Now i dont just hand out 10s like free samples at your local jewel osco but it was one SEXY movie. very simple and to the piont i like that in an action movie! less action more comedy.
  19. JordanS.
    Mar 28, 2005
    This is one of the greatest movies I have ever seen. Some people may not appreciate it because it is a "different" type of comedy. It is nothing like "Meet the Fockers" or "Dodgeball" but is in a different league of it's own. Most of my friends are absolutely in love with it except for one, who says it was the "stupidest movie I have ever seen". I totally agree with the ones who This is one of the greatest movies I have ever seen. Some people may not appreciate it because it is a "different" type of comedy. It is nothing like "Meet the Fockers" or "Dodgeball" but is in a different league of it's own. Most of my friends are absolutely in love with it except for one, who says it was the "stupidest movie I have ever seen". I totally agree with the ones who loved it and like most other postings, I must put a few favorite quotes: "Tina, you fat lard, come get some dinner!" "I don't know; maybe I'll build her a cake or something." "Napolean, maybe one day you'll find you a babe...peace out." Expand
  20. MegH
    Mar 7, 2005
    I Really liked thins movie even tho its had no point it it was funny!! Alot of people don't like it but i love it its my fav movie EVER!! if you havent seen it go see it RIGHT NOW!
  21. BobL.
    Apr 11, 2005
    I loved this moive! It was sweeeet!
  22. NapD.
    Apr 16, 2005
    Dang! Best frickin' movie EVER!
  23. toms.
    May 17, 2005
    Just funny, quirky, and in the end...a good message.
  24. JustinC.
    May 19, 2005
    This movie.... ROCKS!!!! I do not care if you say this movie is stupid and is a piece of crap because it ROCKS no matter what you say. Yesssssssss.
  25. MatthewN.
    May 21, 2005
    Very funny, slightly disturbing in the best possible way and oddly touching - the filmmakers have a firm grasp on their funky quirk style and their vison, however twisted, and the way it's realized on screen make them visionaries to watch.
  26. Whitney
    May 24, 2005
    Napoleon Dynamite is probably the best movie ever made.
  27. cooldudek.
    May 27, 2005
    This is a cool movie lots of funny stuff I liked th part when he fell on his belly when he jumed over the fence.
  28. JasonA.
    May 4, 2005
    This is one of the funniest movies ever made, and there is so many frickin sweet lines.
  29. AndrewH
    Jun 4, 2005
    If I could give it a 100 I would.... GOSH!!!
  30. AliD.
    Jun 4, 2005
    I wish they had off the scale numbers this movie is the best movie in the world! i love him! i mean it was so cool i think it taught people a lesson at the same time "GOSH!"
  31. rosie
    Jul 11, 2005
    This movie is hilarious, I loved it.
  32. ericaS.
    Jul 29, 2005
    Its Flippin Awesome!!!!
  33. liz
    Aug 12, 2005
    One of THE funniest moivies i have ever seen,you'll want to watch it again and again.
  34. TylerD.
    Aug 29, 2005
    This is a classic, IMO. For those who don't like this movie, get a sense of humor. This movie is freaking genius in every way possible.
  35. JonatanN.
    Aug 28, 2006
    This is the best movie ever! Every time I see it I like it more I bet I would give it an 11 if I watched it a few more times.
  36. Mobius
    Aug 31, 2006
    Fantastic and Funny.
  37. ChrisM.
    Oct 21, 2007
    Best enjoyed with friends.
  38. Sophie
    Jul 31, 2007
    Fantastic stuff.. there's something really great about this movie. Excellent acting from everyone, really funny.. don't find the dance scene nearly as amazing as everyone else seems to.. but still.. truly a really good movie.
  39. AndrewB
    Sep 9, 2009
    How can you not like this movie? Its absolutely perfect. the absence of celebrities just makes it seem more like a documentary then the absolute comedic masterpiece that it really is.
  40. BetsyL.
    Sep 11, 2004
    Funny! funny! funny!
  41. BobP.
    Sep 12, 2004
    Best movie ever.
  42. me
    Sep 15, 2004
    This movie was the greatest! it was so hilarous.
  43. Q&A
    Sep 15, 2004
    Funniest movie seen all year.
  44. DaniB
    Sep 18, 2004
    This movie was by far the funniest i have seen in a while. From Napolean's moon boots to Pedro being pedro the movie never got old! It is the funniest thing i have seen in my life!!!!!!
  45. CliftonC.
    Sep 28, 2004
    Hahahahahhahaha, Roger Ebert. He's critiquing days are done! He has been all wrong now, for like a month.
  46. nickl
    Jan 12, 2005
    Will I go see it again....Maybe I will, God.
  47. BrianG
    Nov 2, 2005
    This was the funniest movie I have ever seen in my life.
  48. JamieB.
    Jan 13, 2005
    This is my favorite movie ever. your mom. FREAKIN IDIOT.
  49. jakem.
    Jan 14, 2005
    This might go down as one of the most uniquely awkward yet hilarious movies ever......did you draw her a picture? Heck yes I did!
  50. BobS.
    Mar 18, 2005
    So funny!
  51. JustinW.
    Mar 26, 2005
    I totally disagree with Caitlin C. and Stephen R.'s comments. This movie was absolutely hilarious. You two need to watch it again.
  52. Cheryl
    Mar 28, 2005
    This is the best movie ever!!! Napoleon is so freakin hott...my lips hurt real bad!!!
  53. JoH.
    Apr 11, 2005
    First time I saw the movie I thought it was stupid with a few laughs because it was soooo stupid. The more I watched it the more I liked it. I started to recognize things I didn't before. I started quoting the movie. I became addicted. Literally. Who are these writers and directors and are they completely stupid? Only a complete idiot could come up with something so hillariously First time I saw the movie I thought it was stupid with a few laughs because it was soooo stupid. The more I watched it the more I liked it. I started to recognize things I didn't before. I started quoting the movie. I became addicted. Literally. Who are these writers and directors and are they completely stupid? Only a complete idiot could come up with something so hillariously retarded. I watch the movie a couple of times and week and it is deffinately my favorite movie of all times. Think it still will be in 20 years. Expand
  54. CassidyL.
    Apr 18, 2005
    The first few minutes I was confused. Then as time went on I was rolling over with laughter. This movie is definitely going to be a "cult classic." I even joined the fan club! I'll do whatever I want, Gosh!
  55. michelle
    Apr 25, 2005
    I absolutely loved this movie, its like no one has told Napoleon how strange he is and if they did he wouldnt believe it anyway. Dang.
  56. SarahV.
    May 12, 2005
    How can you not like this movie? pure funny!
  57. RachelB.
    May 25, 2005
    This is seriously the best movie in the history of movies. I used to live in idaho just like the one that Napoleon Dynamite lived in. It was EXACTLY like it is! thanks for a great movie !
  58. IanJ.
    May 29, 2005
    This movie is very funny, however, you have to be in that sort of frame of mind. While many people agree this movie is one of the best comedies ever made an almost equal number disagree and think totally opposite;that it is the most idiotic, moronic, sophomoric, cretanistic, bland, and, frankly, retarded movie ever made. So, to each his own, but for what its worth, I have watched this This movie is very funny, however, you have to be in that sort of frame of mind. While many people agree this movie is one of the best comedies ever made an almost equal number disagree and think totally opposite;that it is the most idiotic, moronic, sophomoric, cretanistic, bland, and, frankly, retarded movie ever made. So, to each his own, but for what its worth, I have watched this film numerous times and laugh out loud every time. And to the person who thinks Mel Brooks is the "master of comedy", Brooks is the Jewish-American carbon copy of Monty Python with the same profusely long-winded satiric jokes and poor timing. Expand
  59. EricaR.
    Jun 16, 2005
    Gosh, you're all a bunch of idiots if you didn't rate this movie a 10. Go outside on a bike and take it off some sweet jumps.
  60. Paulie
    Jun 19, 2005
    Innovative!
  61. SethL.
    Jun 28, 2005
    I'd rate it a million if only my stupid computer would go that high.
  62. Dennis
    Aug 24, 2005
    I was late to this one. It is a classic in my book. This movie either hits with the viewer or it doesn't, not much in between. Has the most qoutable script in some time. Much deeper than it apprears the first time watching it. The triumph of Napoleon and Pedro makes it complete. Vote For Pedro !!!
  63. MarkS.
    Mar 27, 2006
    First time is saw it I tuned it off after 15 min ,and thought it totally sucked , watched again about six months later and totally loved it... Its one of those movies when you start talking about it you reallize it was truly a unique and great movie.
  64. EmmeS.
    Jun 17, 2006
    Okay. My kids said "Don't watch it. You'll feel bad for the geek. You won't enjoy it. You'll watch it like a mom." And then my youngest 9 and bravest)son brought it home and dared me to watch it. The movie went from weird to funny, and then when I about choked laughing at the school bus-and-the cow scene, I found that I was actually it. By the end I really liked all Okay. My kids said "Don't watch it. You'll feel bad for the geek. You won't enjoy it. You'll watch it like a mom." And then my youngest 9 and bravest)son brought it home and dared me to watch it. The movie went from weird to funny, and then when I about choked laughing at the school bus-and-the cow scene, I found that I was actually it. By the end I really liked all those strange, yet endearing characters. My wiseacre kids gave the DVD to me as one of my Mother's Day gifts, because I didn't "watch it like a mom". Expand
  65. DrewR.
    Nov 22, 2007
    Fine line betweeng enius and stupidy, Napoleon dynamite earns the nobel prize!!!! if you did not find this hilarious and heart warming, then you didnt get it and should not b reviewing films, nuff said!
  66. TonyP.
    Jun 12, 2007
    If you watched Napoleon and thought "nothing happened" or you didn't laugh or you thought the bike scene was the only funny part, then watch it again. That is exactly how I felt, but with the 2nd and 3rd viewing I completely enjoyed the movie and how it was so underplayed. It takes a little getting used to, because it is the opposite of most movies and characters that are so in your If you watched Napoleon and thought "nothing happened" or you didn't laugh or you thought the bike scene was the only funny part, then watch it again. That is exactly how I felt, but with the 2nd and 3rd viewing I completely enjoyed the movie and how it was so underplayed. It takes a little getting used to, because it is the opposite of most movies and characters that are so in your face. This movie clearly shows that it is not necessary to have a hysterical movie, lovable characters and a constantly moving "plot". Expand
  67. Phil
    Aug 14, 2007
    Past the childish hype and those who see it as stupid humor, a creepily good and more mature movie is there, both funny and charming.
  68. CoryG.
    Nov 29, 2008
    this movie is amazing. one of my favorite parts that i always love to just act out is "break the wrist, walk away." its not supposed to have a real plot, it just kind of exists, and makes people laugh in the process. the casting for the parts was great, especially pedro. i loved his apathetic attitude.
  69. Aug 22, 2010
    Brilliant. Perfect. An instant classic cult film. Hilarious. I flippin love this movie. It's genius and all the haters just don't know how to laugh or see creativity.
  70. Sep 12, 2010
    O.M.G are you crazy, have you gonme round the bend?

64!!

This is an epic film atleast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is so epic that when i walk into the shop to buy it they said " Excuse me sir but are epic enough to buy this conveniently incredibly epic film?

EPIC!!!
  71. Jul 5, 2011
    It is simple, if u do not give this movie a 10 then you don't get it. This movie was not designed for all you intellectual "genius" movie reviewers to beat up on and rant on how you "just didn't think it was funny." This movie isn't supposed to make your head numb, it is just a silly funny movie that, when you don't think too hard, is a classic.
  72. Jun 22, 2013
    A cult classic. So many funny parts and re-memorable lines. I don't know who the hell came up with this movie, but it just worked well. What I like even better, is how there hasn't been a sequel
  73. RachelW.
    Jan 28, 2005
    I love this movie, i am obsessed. and i am only a kid! and a girl it's so stupid it's funny! Gosh. Wow you got shocks and peggs, lucky! you ever take it off any sweet jumps? wow, you got like three feet of air that time. Can i try real quick? crash.
  74. Jim
    Jan 5, 2005
    Like "Lost in Translation," it certainly seems like you'll either love this movie or hate it. I loved it. See it yourself and find out. (Incidentally, I hated "Lost in Translation," and I'm in my 40s.)
  75. Jadi
    Jan 7, 2005
    This was the funniest movie i have ever seen!
  76. JessieH.
    Sep 19, 2004
    I thought this movie was hilarious! I saw it twice and I was still cracking up! I love it.
  77. TaylorM.
    Sep 21, 2004
    This movie is mondo good im so happy with the creators. im in love with Napoleon Dynamites character and i wish i had someone like him in my life. im going to see this movie over and over again.
  78. ChangS.
    Sep 2, 2004
    This is friggin awsome.
  79. FrankJ.
    Sep 20, 2004
    This is the most pleasant movie I've ever seen before. Anybody can watch this move. KIDS, ADULTS, TEENS. It is so orginal and it has such a big heart. I'm now an official fan of Jared Hess. This one is a must see. Look at the User Rating compared to the critics ratings. hahahahahaha good ole Roger Ebert, someone must have spiked his malox. anyway see it NOW!
  80. BethanyF.
    Sep 29, 2004
    I laughed the hardest when I saw it for the 7th time, we'll see about number 8 this weekend. It just keeps on getting funnier. If you haven't seen it you are pretty much not living yet. If you have seen it, and still didn't like it, see it again, and if that doesn't do it for you, see it yet again. I promise, it will grow on you like Pedro's mustache, besides, we I laughed the hardest when I saw it for the 7th time, we'll see about number 8 this weekend. It just keeps on getting funnier. If you haven't seen it you are pretty much not living yet. If you have seen it, and still didn't like it, see it again, and if that doesn't do it for you, see it yet again. I promise, it will grow on you like Pedro's mustache, besides, we both know I'm training to be a cage-fighter. Expand
  81. lafawnduh
    Sep 29, 2004
    Pretty much the best movie ever!
  82. TannerS.
    Sep 30, 2004
    This is a totally righteous movie man! Go see it. "I guess you could say things are getting pretty serious."
  83. WendyS.
    Sep 4, 2004
    Piss your pants funny.. it's my favorite movie.. GOSH!!!
  84. Losingmyedge
    Sep 8, 2004
    Lightweight and with a very tenuous plot and a resolution that comes way too easily, but still this movie made me laugh and smile more than any other movie in recent memory. The characters, while flat and not fully developed, are endearingly and uniquely screwed up. Overall a well made, refreshing comedy that steers away from cheap, gross-out gags for the hilarity of deadpan awkwardness.
  85. ClayC
    Jan 11, 2005
    Replaces The Goonies as my favorite movie.
  86. GeorgeS.
    Jan 11, 2005
    I see you're drinking 1%... BEST MOVIE EVER!
  87. ReneeT.
    Jan 11, 2005
    Love this movie. It made me laugh out loud and they didn't stoop to crude language or sexual humor. You can't help but love the nerdy Napoleon and Pedro.
  88. Joanie
    Jan 10, 2005
    I can understand that people have different tastes in movies, but this film is SO awesome, so amazingly, brillantly filmed and edited. The characters are unforgettable. Whether this type of Indie film is your cup of tea or not, there is no denying it's "catch". I'm hooked. I HAVE to buy the movie because I am compelled to see it again. I have to keep watching hiim Dance! And I can understand that people have different tastes in movies, but this film is SO awesome, so amazingly, brillantly filmed and edited. The characters are unforgettable. Whether this type of Indie film is your cup of tea or not, there is no denying it's "catch". I'm hooked. I HAVE to buy the movie because I am compelled to see it again. I have to keep watching hiim Dance! And certain seens I just want to rewind again and again. This is the kind of movie that when ever someone comes over who hasn't seen it, I'd be excited to see it again with someone new anyday. A definite cult classic. Expand
  89. JessicaB.
    Jan 12, 2005
    This movie is incredibly funny. I found myself quoting from it weeks after I saw it. The humor in the movie is clean and better than the teen comedies coming out today. I would recommend this movie to anyone who is looking for a good laugh.
  90. BrianB.
    Jan 12, 2005
    I'm a teacher and I've noticed that the more intelligent students really like this film. The slower kids think it is stupid. I think it is a masterpiece of humor, free from profanity and nudity. I've watched it about 5 times now and laugh every time.
  91. AdamL.
    Jan 14, 2005
    A person has to understand a couple key things before they can enjoy this movie. First, the acting isn't meant to be realistic; the characters are funny because they exagerate all of the traits of the group which they represent. And second, this is a low budget film! If you're looking for constant action or stunning effects, watch Hero.
  92. SophiaC.
    Jan 18, 2005
    Make Napoleon Dynamite 2!!! All of my friends beg you.
  93. Anthony
    Jan 22, 2005
    BEST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN. Although for dumb kids, it would be a bad movie, but for smarter kids who are able to actually COMPREHEND the meanings of the joke it is hilarious!
  94. SashaH.
    Jan 22, 2005
    its so stupid its funny!!!!! (im serious)
  95. TB
    Jan 24, 2005
    Proof positive that talent does exsist in the LDS community besides Steve Young, Bill Marriott, etc.
  96. YervarnE.
    Jan 24, 2005
  97. ZacharyA.
    Jan 27, 2005
    Absolutely the best movie I have seen in the last two years. It is sweet and gets us all back to cheering for the nerds. Must see!
  98. AndrewW.
    Jan 27, 2005
    Absolute cult comedy classic!
  99. KelR.
    Jan 28, 2005
    W.C.H. You need to relax a little. I've seen this movie 5 times over the last few months and it just gets funnier everytime. That's what we love about this movie it helps us forget our problems and all the vain little things we worry about and throw them out the window because Napoleon is true to himself and it makes us realize that if someone like him can enjoy and live life to W.C.H. You need to relax a little. I've seen this movie 5 times over the last few months and it just gets funnier everytime. That's what we love about this movie it helps us forget our problems and all the vain little things we worry about and throw them out the window because Napoleon is true to himself and it makes us realize that if someone like him can enjoy and live life to the fullest than we all can, no matter what our circumstances. Expand
  100. Geoff
    Jan 29, 2005
    Napoleon Dynamite is an amazing piece of work. Like most people have said, you either love it ot you hate it. But unlike some of the people who have given negative reviewes, I'm inclined to believe that the smarter you are, the more likely it is that you find this movie entertaining. This film can be viewed on many levels... the deeper you go, the better this film is.

1. Reviewed by: Helen O'Hara
    As long as you don't mind making fun of the afflicted, there are some killer comic moments.
    The cast playing these eccentric characters is magnificent...This is definitely one of the most unique comedies you’ll see all year.
  3. A one-note, lightweight, condescending comedy about the rubes of Idaho.