7.8

1. Jul 22, 2014
    While 'Napoleon Dynamite' is undoubtedly amusing, the lack of a strong storyline reduces it's characters into quotable caricatures with a distinct lack of depth.
  2. Feb 14, 2014
    Napoleon Dynamite is a funny film. But is meant to target a specific audience. It has dislikes, I'm sure of it but for a first feature by Jared Hess I'd have to say this is decent. No, not decent but funny.
  3. Jan 28, 2014
    What to say about Napoleon Dynamite? I really didn't think it was all that funny. I think it started out pretty funny, and I liked the ending, but for the most part it was extremely boring and lacking in humor. Now notice I said for the most part. There are a few funny scenes scattered throughout, and it contains a unique sense of quirkiness, but when an hour and twenty two minute comedy feels like a whole day you know it wasn't very good. It thinks that the characters standing there looking stupid and depressed is hilarious, but in reality it's just humorless and strenuously boring. Sure it's different, but that doesn't automatically make it great. Expand
  4. Dec 27, 2013
    I think it describes perfectly what means being weird or different in highscool and because of that a lot of people have liked and felt identified with the movie and the characters. Napoleon Dynamite is definitely a cult film
  5. Dec 21, 2013
    This is my favorite movie, ever since I was young. I've always appreciated independent film, since the filmmakers have a very adventurous and free spirit. Napoleon dynamite is a wonderful attribution to genre, that has been a slump for a long time now. Jon Heder gives a revolutionary performance as the socially awkward Napoleon, with his overtly exaggerated but very comical mannerisms. Perfectly acted and scripted and also appropriate for the whole family for a rainy day or movie night. An excellent 'underdog' flick Expand
  6. Nov 26, 2013
    The movie is less comical and more of an awkward mess. Quite, possibly one of the worst movies I have seen, in over twenty years and definitely the worst comedy. No idea how this gained a score of anything over 3, the movie is simply... BAD!!!
  7. Nov 23, 2013
    The nerdy Napoleon Dynamite and a bunch of other freaky characters, a lot of awkwardly stupid situations happening, the overall bizarreness of situations make this movie at least look unusual.
  8. Sep 15, 2013
    This movie takes gross, kiddie-gloved movies to a whole new level. It was boring, and it was not funny at all. The censoring of curses by saying dang and gosh was annoying. either say the word, or don't say it at all. This was a kiddie PG flick not worth your time.
  9. Aug 23, 2013
    One of the stupidest movies I have ever seen. What an asinine waste of time. Even ten years after seeing it in theatres I look back on the film with hatred.
  10. Jul 20, 2013
    This film is awesome in every aspect. First chance you get, WATCH IT! It will most likely leave the answering the question "Will You ever watch it again?" Saying "HECK YES I WOULD!"
  11. Jun 22, 2013
    A cult classic. So many funny parts and re-memorable lines. I don't know who the hell came up with this movie, but it just worked well. What I like even better, is how there hasn't been a sequel
  12. Apr 7, 2013
    One of the best comedies ever made. Up there with Step Brothers, Austin Powers in Goldmember, and South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut. Every little reaction that the characters make are memorable. There is a sweet, honest touch to the movie that most films recently have lacked. The humor mostly pokes fun at the nerdiness of high school, and it is perfectly relatable. The Napoleon dance scene alone is what makes it worth watching. Expand
  13. Mar 24, 2013
    This movie is not a comedy. One wold assume for a movie to be classified as a comedy it would have to generate at least ONE laugh throughout it's entire boredom. If you did laugh at this you must have been using some illegal substance to change your environment into an all humor universe! Get into reality and find actual comedic movies. Try Mel Brooks, Woodie Allen, Cohen Brothers etc, etc...
  14. Jan 22, 2013
    Absolutely hilarious and original. Definitely a hit or miss comedy, and this one was a hit for me big time. Remains one of my favorite comedies alongside Dumb & Dumber.
  15. Nov 28, 2012
    Relentlessly hilarious, with uncommonly unique characters dishing out pithy, yet unforgettable one-liners.
  16. Nov 16, 2012
    Fabulous film, good humor, quite the movie. 10 out of 10.
    How could anyone not love this wonderful movie.
    Watch this movie, you will not regret this. :)
  17. Nov 11, 2012
    If the quality of a comedy is based on the quantity of laughter involved after the punch lines then this movie should rate LESS than ZERO... Simply because almost every comedy produced on earth results in at least ONE laugh, ergo Napoleon Dynamite needs to be rated as the worst comedy in history!!! No laughs and script gaffs should be cut in halfs !!!
  18. Jul 5, 2012
    This is one of the quirkest movies I have seen. Matter of fact, first time I didn't like it, but grew on me. If you like offbeat humor and unusual characters/circumstances-this is for you. I can't imagine another character playing napolean! But most people either really like this movie or HATE it.
  19. Mar 31, 2012
    Napoleon Dynamite is a classic film in my view. It has some of the funniest lines and scenes i have ever seen in a movie. I thought Jon Heder was fantastic. An extremely simple film but funnier than 90% of the comedies today.
  20. Jan 21, 2012
    This is an incredible and very unique movie, and i found it hilarious. For the most part it lacks music and a plot, making it a perfect slice of teenaged life in the Midwest. unfortunately it gave rise to a number of movies with a similar comedic style, like Nacho Libre, and most of these movies were not nearly as funny
  21. Nov 24, 2011
    Its original and it is a little funny but really the entire film is just so stupid that I simply can not stand it. I dont understand how people find this film any good.
  22. Oct 6, 2011
    I found this film entertaining, though as a comedy, itâ
  23. Sep 24, 2011
    The movie's decent, that's all.
  24. Aug 10, 2011
    Just a terrible movie.To say that it's deliberately stupid is an understatement.The characters are incomprehensibly asinine and incredibly boring.There isn't one believable moment in the whole movie.The whole experience was shockingly mind-numbing and the movie, painfully unfunny.Usually I tend to enjoy movies about eccentrics and/or social outsiders but this was horrible.It just bored me terribly and didn't make me laugh whatsoever.I hated it!â Expand
  25. Jul 5, 2011
    It is simple, if u do not give this movie a 10 then you don't get it. This movie was not designed for all you intellectual "genius" movie reviewers to beat up on and rant on how you "just didn't think it was funny." This movie isn't supposed to make your head numb, it is just a silly funny movie that, when you don't think too hard, is a classic.
  26. Jun 12, 2011
    One of the funniest movies I've ever seen, it really captures the average socially awkward teen and dysfunctional family perfectly, I loved every character and every moment of this hilarious movie, while some say some of the scenes are useless I disagree, I felt they were all necessary in defining the characters, if you like comedies or just good movies, this is a must see, this is a masterpiece that is deserving of nothing less that a perfect 10. Expand
  27. May 23, 2011
    Realism for the geeks and nerds, Napoleon Dynamite is a very fascinating movie centered on a town of misfits. You'll find it surprisingly rich and inspirational while figuring out what it really means.
  28. Mar 2, 2011
    High school teenage issues in a backwards town where everyone dresses as if they are in the 80's, a little behind the times. Phones with long cords, moon boots, 80's hair styles and Tupperware RULE! Napoleon is the sweetest and clueless of them all. It was created, written, produced and acted by college/college graduates and unknowns, won awards, was made on a shoestring and made lots of money. Expand
  29. Jan 8, 2011
    Napoleon Dynamite is definitely not my kind of comedy. As Roger Ebert called it "studied stupidity," the film just shows how stupid one is. Or awkward. Or both, really. Which, not being American, does not resonate with me at all. Yes, maybe many Americans feel that way about themselves, but god - this was just a horrible film! It is one of those films that does not really have a point to itself, I feel. Maybe it does, but the entire experience totally goes passed me. I could not even finish it all the way, quite frankly. I could feel my IQ fall with every minute... Definitely would avoid this by all means. Expand
  30. Sep 20, 2010
    I tried to understand why ANYONE would find this movie entertaining. One thing I noticed in reading the positive reviews was that most of them have numerous misspellings and grammatical errors ( as would be in the lower intellect segment of society). Hence the good reviews.
  31. Sep 12, 2010
    O.M.G are you crazy, have you gonme round the bend?

64!!

This is an epic film atleast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is so epic that when i walk into the shop to buy it they said " Excuse me sir but are epic enough to buy this conveniently incredibly epic film?

EPIC!!!
  32. Aug 22, 2010
    Brilliant. Perfect. An instant classic cult film. Hilarious. I flippin love this movie. It's genius and all the haters just don't know how to laugh or see creativity.

1. Reviewed by: Helen O'Hara
    As long as you don't mind making fun of the afflicted, there are some killer comic moments.
    The cast playing these eccentric characters is magnificent...This is definitely one of the most unique comedies you’ll see all year.
  3. A one-note, lightweight, condescending comedy about the rubes of Idaho.