Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures | Release Date: March 14, 2014
6.5
Generally favorable reviews based on 451 Ratings
WATCH NOW
RetroAggressionMar 14, 2014
First of all I do admit I am a sucker for video game movies. Given that, this movie is awesome. This movie will give fans of the video game series what they should expect. Within the first 10 minutes there is already a race. You will get lotsFirst of all I do admit I am a sucker for video game movies. Given that, this movie is awesome. This movie will give fans of the video game series what they should expect. Within the first 10 minutes there is already a race. You will get lots of police chase scenes and lots of crashes with tons of flying parts. There is a decent variety of high end cars you will see. This movie made me want to dust off my PS Vita and play my copy of NFS Most Wanted again. I usually end up falling asleep in the theater for most movies but this is one of those few movies I stayed wide awake the whole time from start to finish. Expand
mariusik008Jul 23, 2014
The movie put up on the scene what is happening when you play the already famous game. Rivalry races , cops chases and a lot of crashes. Given that , it's a good movie , maybe not as good as Fast 2 Furious series , but it;s worth seeing it
NightReviewsMar 14, 2014
I remember the first time I saw the Fast and the Furious, and how it made me feel after leaving the theatre. By the time the credits rolled, I wanted to get into my car and drive…fast. Unfortunately at the time, I was just barely fourteenI remember the first time I saw the Fast and the Furious, and how it made me feel after leaving the theatre. By the time the credits rolled, I wanted to get into my car and drive…fast. Unfortunately at the time, I was just barely fourteen years-old and not even able to drive, let alone drive fast. Since then, there have been five more entries to the Fast franchise, a tragic death within the series and an upcoming seventh entry that will no doubt pay homage to the late, great racing action star Paul Walker. Obvious comparisons from this film will be made to the Fast film franchise, but I can assure you that Need for Speed will gracefully race near to, if not speed right in front of the series that made street racing cool.

When was the last time you saw a car fly? Like actually fly? And I’m not talking about the CGI filled James Bond/science-fiction films that show flying cars with wings as the norm in the future. For the first time in a very long time at the movies, I had fun! I held my arms close, my palms were sweaty, and tension was flowing through me like the warm synthetic engine oil of a race car, and it was all thanks to the high-octane energy of Need for Speed.

Based on the famous video game franchise of the same name released in 1994, the film had many hurdles to overcome even before its release; horrible track records among critics and in the box office for video game film adaptations (Super Mario Bros., Doom, Max Payne); direct comparisons to the Fast films; and a television star Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad) leading the film. But despite all the hurdles, Need for Speed delivers on its promise for an urgency to entertain, enthral, and perform, giving a whole new realism to the illegal street racing action genre.

Now the word realism can be misconstrued in the context of this review. The disclaimer at the end of the film does state that “many of the stunts performed were done by trained professionals on closed courses”, including the actors, who had extensive training with street cars and performance racing. Now when I say realism, there is no way we can explain that word without mentioning director Steve Waugh. Waugh, who was a seasoned stunt performer before he became a director (Act of Valor), on films like Bad Boys II, Spider-Man and The Italian Job, opted for genuine stunt performances from his actors, director of photography, and stuntmen, and mostly abandoned the use of CGI in the film, which gives a slight edge to the longing of danger to be put back into filmmaking.

The video games, which popularized the use of ‘first-person racing’, put gamers in the driver’s seat and revolutionized the way in which racing games were made. Need for Speed may be light on story, completely absurd on intent and plot, and have many two-dimensional characters, but makes up for it in action, thrills, and impulsive entertainment. The film then becomes a blend of buddy comedy/road-trip actioner/hard boiled revenge thriller that will have you rooting for our hero and born underdog Tobey Marshall, with every gear shift and sharp turn ahead.

The film spends a hefty amount of time establishing its characters, especially its lead Tobey Marshall (Paul). A natural behind the wheel but behind on most of his payments on the shop his late father left him in Mt. Kisco, N.Y, Marshall makes up for his payments and barely keeps the shop afloat and his close friends employed through a string of minor street races. After a generous offer from an old acquaintance, pro NASCAR driver and suave bad boy Dino Brewster (Dominic Cooper), Marshall sees an opportunity for the business to flourish for him and his group of loyal friends. But after Dino double-crosses Marshall in a race for winner-takes-all, Marshall serves two years in prison, only igniting a burning scheme for vengeance.

Need for Speed spends a dedicated amount of time behind the wheel with it’s characters. From the moment Marshall is released from prison, he makes his way to California to the infamous, invite only De Leon street race, held by an anonymous organizer. Desperate to use the last car that he and his team worked on, a 50th Anniversary Ford Mustang that Carroll Shelby reportedly worked on before his eventual death in 2012, a car that produces 800+ horsepower and reaches a max speed of 234mph, Marshall and his team, accompanied by the wealthy investor associate Julia (Imogen Poots) race to an unknown location in search of proving Marshall’s innocence and making Brewster pay for the death of his friend.
superboogMar 15, 2014
If you went to watch Need For Speed to get some deep plot or meaning to life then you deserve to be disappointed. This movie is about cars and racing and it does both reasonably well. The acting may not be the best and the plot is nothingIf you went to watch Need For Speed to get some deep plot or meaning to life then you deserve to be disappointed. This movie is about cars and racing and it does both reasonably well. The acting may not be the best and the plot is nothing new but its Need For Speed! The cars look amazing and sound even better. I can honestly say this movie is better than some in the Fast & Furious Franchise and much better than the movie Drive( with one driving sequence). They can always improve from here and I hope them make a sequel but this movie deserves a much better score than most are giving it. Expand
dnl247365Mar 14, 2014
Firstly it should be stated that I am a big fan of car movies. If you have enjoyed movies such as Gone in 60 Seconds or Fast and Furious, you will most likely enjoy this movie. The car selection isn't all that varied but the action and chaseFirstly it should be stated that I am a big fan of car movies. If you have enjoyed movies such as Gone in 60 Seconds or Fast and Furious, you will most likely enjoy this movie. The car selection isn't all that varied but the action and chase scenes make up for it. The setting is similar to a track from the Need For Speed games, and the overview screen of the race fits in perfectly. The story is nothing to look too deeply into. It has common themes found in most racing movies, aspects like revenge and honor. The characters honestly felt a bit stale only because they seem so familiar. Michael Keaton's role was probably my favorite, though Aaron Paul & Kid Cudi did very good (though I was hoping for some sort of Breaking Bad reference; a perfectly timed **** or crystal blue colored car, anything lol). Overall it was an enjoyable car flick with some great stunt work & very exotic cars. Expand
Airbourne47Mar 15, 2014
I thought this movie would be terrible considering the other movies based off games (Battleship, Prince of Persia, etc.) but it really surprised me. It was AMAZING. Any FAst and Furious, racing, car fans will have a blast watching this!
thebeast007Mar 16, 2014
Need for speed has to me at least, everything heart-pounding action from my beloved games ,a great emotional tale ,excellent performances (especially from Michael Keaton and Aaron Paul),a great cast with a funny chemistry,excellent soundtrackNeed for speed has to me at least, everything heart-pounding action from my beloved games ,a great emotional tale ,excellent performances (especially from Michael Keaton and Aaron Paul),a great cast with a funny chemistry,excellent soundtrack ,great sound design ,you can feel like you are there ,you are in the front seat,the director Scott Waugh didn't lie when he pormised us about a trip so fast and incredible ,we wouldn't forget it,honestly the last race had me sweating, shaking in pure exhiliration something that i haven't experinced in a long time from movies.I also think that critics have forgotten how to have fun with these kind of movies,they are wayy too blinded with fast and furious.But need for speed is everything the first fast and furious should have been a crazy ,fun ride with underrated but great actors,Aaron Paul owns his role and he is definetely an incredible actor,who should be in more movies like this,the last race is not only intense but also very nostalgic to the games,where cops start using spike-strips ,roadblocks ,helicopters ,it surely reminds you of the games(mostly nfs rivals and nfs the run).

but yeah i loved this movie as a big fan of the nfs series and Aaron Paul and Michael Keaton,this is the best videogame-to-movie adaptation out there,if you want to see some great action ,stunts and actors this movie definetely deserves your attention.
cfhMar 14, 2014
I personally loved the movie. It was a little slow at first, then it was out of control action and comedy. I saw the movie in 3D and I would recommend it in 3D. I have not played any of the Need for Speed video games, but apparently it hasI personally loved the movie. It was a little slow at first, then it was out of control action and comedy. I saw the movie in 3D and I would recommend it in 3D. I have not played any of the Need for Speed video games, but apparently it has some of the same characters. Hope you enjoy it! Expand
RazvMar 26, 2014
Great movie! Certainly better than all the other racing movies I've seen.

The story is acceptable, the actors are very good (didn't expect less than amazing from Aaron Paul anyway) and the action scenes are marvelous. Granted, if you
Great movie! Certainly better than all the other racing movies I've seen.

Granted, if you compare it to the all-time masterpieces you might give it a 4, however compared to its genre and to other releases of the same type, I'd definitely give it a 9.
LienooneMar 16, 2014
For real just ignore all the bad reviews, if you like fast cars, if you like racing movies, if you like the Fast and Furious movies or if you are a fan of the the Need for Speed games you will really have a good time seeing this movie. IFor real just ignore all the bad reviews, if you like fast cars, if you like racing movies, if you like the Fast and Furious movies or if you are a fan of the the Need for Speed games you will really have a good time seeing this movie. I loved it, I didnt care if story isnt the best, or that the cast besides Aaron Paul is not the best, I enjoyed the ride, the races and stunts are really awesome and realistic without CGI, I was impressed !

Its an awesome movie
enryApr 2, 2014
This move was a bad**** move because i went to the moves over and over because i like it that much. I F*******ing like it they should make the second one and 3 one.
enayatharoonMar 16, 2014
it's an awesome move!! I liked it more than FF. overall it was an awesome one of 2014 until now. Enjoyed it a lot......................................
KranitokoMar 14, 2014
Went to see this last night for my birthday. I don't really see a huge problem with the film. At the very least its better than the first fast and furious film. Cant say it's better than the others though, but its definitely not the worstWent to see this last night for my birthday. I don't really see a huge problem with the film. At the very least its better than the first fast and furious film. Cant say it's better than the others though, but its definitely not the worst racing film I've seen. Definitely feels very NFS with the landscape driving and the police chases also.

Characters can seem a little bland at times but they help to drive the story forward. A couple of plotholes and some moments are predictable; however other moments you won't see coming. Aaron Paul is... good. Better in Breaking Bad but he gives it a good shot as the starring role in the film.

Thought this was going to be bad; its probably one of the better video game-to-movie adaptations. Better than Prince of Persia methinks.
MarcDoyleMar 26, 2014
I played NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 for many an hour, many a year ago, and if the filmmakers' intent was to create a tribute to the game, they did a hell of a job. The action sequences are pretty spectacular, and the male/female leads get the jobI played NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 for many an hour, many a year ago, and if the filmmakers' intent was to create a tribute to the game, they did a hell of a job. The action sequences are pretty spectacular, and the male/female leads get the job done. Aaron Paul may well be the modern answer to the Perfect Weapon, Jeff Speakman, but he'll never beat out Jason Statham and the other A or B-list action heroes for roles. But he's good enough. With moderated expectations, I had a great time with this movie. Expand
oneandonlywm3Apr 18, 2014
I honestly don't get the low rating of the movie. The movie was really good for me and it has to be one of my favorites. I am a fan of Fast and Furious, but I did my best not to compare. Its a movie about cars, and rivalry I guess. What moreI honestly don't get the low rating of the movie. The movie was really good for me and it has to be one of my favorites. I am a fan of Fast and Furious, but I did my best not to compare. Its a movie about cars, and rivalry I guess. What more can a person ask for? The cast was perfect, and there were amazing cars in the movie. Sometimes people get too technical, and they look for negative things that shouldn't be looked upon in the first place. I would recommend this movie with no hesitation whatsoever. Expand
zpotgieterMar 21, 2014
Need For Speed is a excellent movie... Critics claim that the movie's scenes make them feel emotions, and that is why they give it low ratings - HOWEVER that is the goal of the writers, producers and directors of all movies. And now that NeedNeed For Speed is a excellent movie... Critics claim that the movie's scenes make them feel emotions, and that is why they give it low ratings - HOWEVER that is the goal of the writers, producers and directors of all movies. And now that Need For Speed has succeeded to do so to many reviewers, they complain about it. For me, it's a good thing that emotions are manipulated by the actors' work. And most who complain about the 'brutality' of some scenes (personally I didn't regard them as brutal, but that's just my opinion) are forgetting that - It's only a movie! A great movie at that! Watch the movie, enjoy and write about your opinion.... Just look at the user score vs critic score! Expand
JOSHDILISIMar 25, 2014
i'm not the biggest fan of cars but i am a sucker for video game movie adaptations, i felt that this was a really good movie that i found easy to follow with a lot of loveable characters in it. it had a deeper story than i was expected,i'm not the biggest fan of cars but i am a sucker for video game movie adaptations, i felt that this was a really good movie that i found easy to follow with a lot of loveable characters in it. it had a deeper story than i was expected, although i found it to be a bit predictable at times as well. But in the end, all of the driving sequences looked great, and satisfied my need for speedy movies. Expand
AsterflyMay 6, 2014
I don't understand why people complain about car's movies. We got something that doesn't fall in drugs/alcohol/sex/prohibition, and just bases on cars, just like NFS games. There are a lot of reference to the game, without falling in the fanI don't understand why people complain about car's movies. We got something that doesn't fall in drugs/alcohol/sex/prohibition, and just bases on cars, just like NFS games. There are a lot of reference to the game, without falling in the fan service.
I had a good time with this movie, no matter what are though people '' shocked '' because they saw two cars being in infraction.
RiZMar 16, 2014
Awesome movie! I love F&F, but NFS much better. Why? Only cars, beautiful driving and effect of the presence, thats why. I'm a big fan of NFS video game series, and i saw many references and fan base in movie. Amazing and accurate actorsAwesome movie! I love F&F, but NFS much better. Why? Only cars, beautiful driving and effect of the presence, thats why. I'm a big fan of NFS video game series, and i saw many references and fan base in movie. Amazing and accurate actors play, human qualities and whole movie duration keeps us in suspense. Also very cool filmed, amazing views and angles, amazing sounds. I'm sure, that movie will be legendary also like classic "gone in 60 seconds", "vanishing point" and "Smokey and the Bandit" (Pontiac Firebird in NFS movie is great moment)) NFS movie - Live Legend. All in the best traditions and canons NFS series.
P.S.: F&F? Whats is?

10 of 10.
SimpleMethodMar 16, 2014
I had no problem watching it. Aaron Paul was good, Imogen Poots was good, the rest of the cast sucked, but you shouldn't go to this movie for the acting. My problem with the stuns is that I found them intense and a bit disturbing rather thanI had no problem watching it. Aaron Paul was good, Imogen Poots was good, the rest of the cast sucked, but you shouldn't go to this movie for the acting. My problem with the stuns is that I found them intense and a bit disturbing rather than entertaining. They're so realistic that it seems brutal when they occur. Overall, a perfectly decent movie to pass the time til May. Expand
Nick97Mar 21, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't see why this movie has a score of 40. If one has half a brain, they will clearly see the developed plot throughout the film. Car fans, this is the movie for us. Speed, fire, smoke, drifts, crashes, etc. There isn't any set of words that describe how fantastic this movie is.
10/10 will purchase.
RazzaMar 21, 2014
If im going to say one thing its this, Fast and Furious has a fight now and its already loosing in this one movie there is more police chases more racing and much much higher speeds despite the fact that the race at the end may have beenIf im going to say one thing its this, Fast and Furious has a fight now and its already loosing in this one movie there is more police chases more racing and much much higher speeds despite the fact that the race at the end may have been biased towards a specific car, but finally a story that means something. I hope though that they don't crap on this by making a sequel. Expand
KnightbatMar 17, 2014
Best Breaking Bad sequel. Just amazing. As Jessie Pinkman returns to becoming a Meth addict, Walter White gets resurrected from the dead as they both take over the Meth industry.
AlvinMunglaMay 9, 2014
Hmm... Actually, those who says that this movie sucks, sucks... It's one of the best racing movies, I've ever watched... I'll b waiting for the return of need for speed... My score 10 is too less for this, I wished I could boost it up by 370km/h..
geo3rdrowOct 14, 2014
As usual, the smug liberal hipster critics with broomsticks up their you know whats... are making their usual puns they think are clever to bash a movie they could never understand. If it's not a movie about a gay man finding himself or aAs usual, the smug liberal hipster critics with broomsticks up their you know whats... are making their usual puns they think are clever to bash a movie they could never understand. If it's not a movie about a gay man finding himself or a drama about a young boy getting picked on they want nothing to do with it.

If you love cars, you'll LOVE this move.. If you love need for speed, you will LOVE this movie, if you like high adrenaline palm sweating over the top action, you will LOVE this move. I LOVE this movie.

So glad someone is willing to make this even though they know the critics have their heads between their legs.
Kikex22Mar 16, 2014
is the best racing movie that i have seen before like fast an furious 1 ,2,3 the others aren't racing need for speed is more realistic i liked very much
SaintValtielMar 16, 2014
Need for Speed was one of the single best movies I have ever seen. It was pretty stupid, I'm not going to lie, but it was the best type of stupid. May have surpassed Deep Blue Sea as my favorite guilty pleasure movie
BAMFsn95Mar 16, 2014
What sucks about reviews is the people reviewing. If you expect a good, well written movie, don't review a movie based on a video game and expect anything more than that. For those of us who know the games and know how cheesy the plot lineWhat sucks about reviews is the people reviewing. If you expect a good, well written movie, don't review a movie based on a video game and expect anything more than that. For those of us who know the games and know how cheesy the plot line and characters are, and are SUPPOSED to be, we get it and love it. Everything done in the mustang was plausible given the amount of money put into the car. And I think anyone giving a bad review needs to go to a theatre with RPX Real 3D or Dbox seating and re-watch it. You'll love it!! Expand
TheQuietGamerAug 25, 2014
Not only is it a great way to hold yourself over until Fast & Furious 7 comes out, it's a good enough movie on it's own to compete with it. Filled with plenty of awesome races, action, and humor, as well as a great story with believableNot only is it a great way to hold yourself over until Fast & Furious 7 comes out, it's a good enough movie on it's own to compete with it. Filled with plenty of awesome races, action, and humor, as well as a great story with believable characters, you might not be able to find a better automotive-type movie like this one outside of the well-loved F&F series.

For me it succeeds first and foremost thanks to it's awesome casting and character writing. Aaron Paul is awesome as the lead, Dominic Cooper makes for a great villain, and Michael Keaton's character is just crazy fun. The rest of the supporting cast (which includes an enjoyable Imogen Poots) are just as great with their characters. The brotherly love Paul's character shares with his friends is believable, making his motives feel natural.

The plot does have a familiar revenge tale that can lead to a lot of predictable moments with how things turn out, but the movie remains fun throughout. It does exactly what this type of movie should do; make you want to get behind the wheel and drive fast. In my eyes it manages to avoid the curse that most video games movies have fallen prey to, and that's completely sucking. It's a heck of a lot of fun and gives the F&F series a run for it's money. I give it an 8.5/10.
EludiumQ36Mar 1, 2015
The only thing I know about the assoc. video game is when it hit the News, so I'm not biased by it. The movie itself was really quite good. There were several action scenes that were first-ever which helps support my rating to 8. There was aThe only thing I know about the assoc. video game is when it hit the News, so I'm not biased by it. The movie itself was really quite good. There were several action scenes that were first-ever which helps support my rating to 8. There was a lull near the middle, during the cross-country road trip where I almost fell asleep. That would've made for a good edit since this film is a long-ish 2hrs. And I can't help but think that at the end of the race, if this was filmed in the 70s, the cop would've walked up to Tobey to arrest him with some amount of admiration, but these days you get the militarized, hyper-response with all guns drawn on a skinny, exhausted racer - pitiful, good film otherwise. Expand
LeZeeJul 29, 2014
If Marvel turns their comic books into the movies and WWE with their men then why not EA. It was co-produced by EA with the other leading production houses. Nice move for the first step and well done overall. I am not into the computer games,If Marvel turns their comic books into the movies and WWE with their men then why not EA. It was co-produced by EA with the other leading production houses. Nice move for the first step and well done overall. I am not into the computer games, but I was playing when I was young and 'NFS Most Wanted' is one of my favorites. No need to say any further that I was looking for this movie.

I thought the story will be borrowed straight from the game and move a level after another to the peak till the end commence. But what I saw was only the 5%, I mean only the introduction with lots of drama than what the title symbolizes. Because it is a business, a smart move by the production house. The idea is to split everything into at least for 4 to 5 movies in the series. Like what the final part of the Harry Potter's 'The Deathly Hallows' and The Twilight's 'Breaking Dawn' did. They are going to do it here from the very beginning, so don't expect like the Himalayas, especially if you are NFS MW freak.

Tobey Marshall, a custom car maker who is behind the loan takes up the street race challenge to make few bucks quick. But the race ends in a tragedy and locked behind the bars for someone's fault. After out of the prison he's raged to avenge. Now he needs a car, the faster one, so the story proceeds with his new adventures which involves cops pursuing him. But he set his mind that to make the real offender to pay for his crime. This road movie, which commence in New York and ends in San Francisco was told grandly.

‘‘The racers should race,
cops should eat donuts.’’

No offense, but I did not like the lead guy, except him the rest were great. It is not fair to find defect in him to blame, actually he was good, but I expected someone good looking than him or existing young popular star. If you see in other franchises in the middle of the movie series they replacing with industry's giant and I won't surprise if that happens in the future for this. In the game we are the protagonists and to see him in our position I kind of find uncomfortable. Maybe it could have happened same to me if the other guys were in his place. So it is not the lead guy, but he's not anywhere near to me is the issue. Lol.

Overall movie is not one breathtaking entertainment. I liked the pieces of the movie, the scenes. There are a few great scenes that give excitement and pleasure. Commonly we see a computer hacker who hangs out with the movie's protagonist to assist in his expertise area. The same guy here was excellent who came up with extraordinary ideas, but not satisfied with what happens to him at the end. I could not believe this young and not-so-popular cast done the wonderful job. I don't know why I liked Imogen Poots a lot who even not had best shot from the movie, hopefully in a sequel she going to expose her physical strength for the stunts.

The first movie in a movie series is always very important & I don't know why they didn't go to complete the action-adventure pack with sufficient pace. To me the story was not pleased enough, but screen presentation with the game like the angle of the camera panning and all promised me to stick with it. There were no locations that are taken from the game except in one scene where the car jumps over the road. If you have played the game will know it what I am saying. The digital 3D was okay. What I learnt from this format is that only graphical movies either animated or live action are awesome to watch. The normal regular live shot movies are totally useless in digital 3D. In this movie the best effects came in those stunt sequences and rest were plain. So digital 3D is not that worth. The car movie that does not look like a where it belongs to. A decent one, hopefully the second movie could be what I am expecting. Better it should come up with something great or the franchise is going to fall in the pit. This movie is exclusively for youngsters & I see no reason for others to take interest on it.

7.5/10
MaricaAug 31, 2014
" I do not fear, for you are with me. All those who defied me, shall be ashamed and disgraced. Those who wage war against me, shall perish. I will find strength, find guidance, and I will triumph." - Tobey Marshall

I like this movie

I like this movie because is not with impossible stunts and is only with cars, races.
paulesquineaMar 18, 2014
Esta reseña es para los verdaderos fans (dueños o no) de los autos.

Esta reseña es para los verdaderos fans (dueños o no) de los autos.

Fuí a ver Need for Speed, en el mar de estupidez que dejo convertido, Fast Five (FF saga), el género de autos y racing en el cine. (Ok, no existe tal cosa como género, pero digamos que sutilmente está presente). Y me encontré con una película, producida con el ojo maldito-bendito de Electronic Arts. Un ojo que produce un icono del racing en los VG y que llevan haciéndolo desde hace muchísimo tiempo. Esto por su puesto me encantó, y ahora les diré por qué.

1.- Aterrizaron una realidad.

Dejaron claro que las carreras en calles citadinas no van a cientos de kilómetros por hora, en su defecto dejaron las tomas de falsa velocidad y optaron por jugar con otro tipo de encuadre que permite lucir de forma delicada lo difícil e interesante que es una carrera de baja o media velocidad. Las cámaras no le hacen justicia a la velocidad, pero preferible la realidad y buenos encuadres que una exageración de efectos que dejen al publico más bobo de lo que está en lugar de educarlos con el ejemplo.

Por cierto, y esto me encantó; dejaron claro que el mundo oscuro de las carreras de este tipo ni hay mujeres en paños menores moviendo el culo con canciones de regueton, ni hay los cientos de tipos extremadamente ricos aventando dinero. Sería una falta de educación reproducir lo mismo que F&F.

2.- Los autos.

Si bien nos deleitan con clásicos muscle cars en la primer carrera, la película va introduciendo de forma gradual y sutil, los autos que nos emocionan, y más saber en que forma los dejan verse. Tener 6 de los mejores autos de gama millonaria y colocar entre ellos a Veyron y Sesto Elemento fue no solo una buena razón para verla si no un muy buen acierto al dejar los pilotos con sus respectivos autos en la película. Al verla me darán la razón. El fanfarrón siempre usa el auto con mayor posibilidad de vencer, por que no es lo suficientemente talentoso.

3.- La pasión.

La forma de ver la película solo se puede digerir si uno ha experimentado antes la velocidad. Esto es por que muchas de las maniobras que se ejecutan podrían ser sencillas a la vista pero son un implacable golpe de emoción para quien comprende la complejidad y riesgo (a pesar de ser una película) que conlleva realizarlas.

Insisto, la verdadera pasión por la velocidad esta representada en la película, desde el personaje principal, hasta la ultima carrera, que se vuelve de las escenas más memorables que el género ha visto.
4.- Need For Speed.

Si usted conoce de Need for Speed y los ha jugado a lo largo de su evolución le puedo decir: Me sentí en Need for Speed, sentí las situaciones, la susceptibilidad de un auto a gran velocidad de ser destruido por una infinidad de razones. Es Need for Speed, es una película digna del Videogame.

5.- Suficiente.

La película tiene la narrativa y situaciones lo suficientemente atractivos y bien realizados que no se necesitaron tanques, capos de la droga y demás para exponer de forma magistral el género racing. Al principio, tenemos un leve plano que desaparece pronto y permite a la trama desenvolverse, solo es un momento en que la película es plana.

Calificación 9.0

Es la película que el género necesitaba, después de los documentales Senna y KAZ, el racing es un género atípico que cualquiera puede profanar, pero pocos han podido generar marca entre los fans. Estamos frente a un ejemplo de esto. Ahora solo nos queda esperar a Gran Turismo.

¿Por que 9 y no 10?
Aaron Paul crece como actor pero se necesita más que eso para creer que puede conducir así.

No vimos modelos asiáticos. Pero eso también puede significar que la siguiente película los incluirá; esperemos que haya segunda película con trama y personajes diferentes.

Al parecer se concentraron en la producción y mezcla del soundFX que olvidaron que la banda sonora es muy importante y solo tiene un par de brillos en la película.
boshiMar 16, 2014
not a perfect movie, but still very good. the characters and story were alright and not unlikable. the racing scenes were done well too, as well as the police chases, and the cars looked great. i saw the movie in 3d, however there was barelynot a perfect movie, but still very good. the characters and story were alright and not unlikable. the racing scenes were done well too, as well as the police chases, and the cars looked great. i saw the movie in 3d, however there was barely anything 3d about it. it's not worth the extra money to see in 3d. sometimes the movies logic is a bit questionable, like the jail sentences which are completely unrealistic and the physics, which at times make no sense, and sometimes act in a way of plot convenience. despite this, it's a pretty enjoyable film, that's worth watching. Expand
AalhadpathareMar 26, 2014
A movie that keeps you at the edge of your seat and at times quiver with excitement, the “Need for Speed” movie is full of adrenaline with a slight tinge of comedy. It’s a movie for all car lovers featuring various hyper cars. Convicted forA movie that keeps you at the edge of your seat and at times quiver with excitement, the “Need for Speed” movie is full of adrenaline with a slight tinge of comedy. It’s a movie for all car lovers featuring various hyper cars. Convicted for a crime he did not commit, Tobey Marshall (Aaron Paul), gets out of jail to hunt down the person who actually committed the crime. From the high speed racing to the crashes shown in the driver’s point of view, I loved it all. I am always interested in car movies but this one was one of its kind. This movie is based on the game by EA, “Need for Speed”. Expand
SpankysMonkeyMar 15, 2014
I thought the movie was great. It paid a great deal of respect to the origins and set up of the Need for Speed world. Packed full of hardcore racing just as I recalled in the game and just like in the game police got involved and things gotI thought the movie was great. It paid a great deal of respect to the origins and set up of the Need for Speed world. Packed full of hardcore racing just as I recalled in the game and just like in the game police got involved and things got broken. If you've never played the game then you just don't get it. Need for Speed lives up to the game and it was just as fun a ride. And, I pray to God no movie makes anyone want to go street racing. It's stupid and you will hurt someone. Leave that stuff to the pro drivers it is not for mortal men. Expand
pedro_sobrinhoMar 18, 2014
This movie was made to the gamers, and this deserve my respect. I wasn't expecting a good one, but Dreamworks shows more than just good cars and a fast climax. It's a very simple history, but I love it.
SimpleReviewzMar 23, 2014
Come on, you guys. You were a little too harsh on this one. In no way is it a revolutionary start for awesome video game movies or Aaron Paul acting in theatre, but its still exactly what you want out of action movies. Great violence (God,Come on, you guys. You were a little too harsh on this one. In no way is it a revolutionary start for awesome video game movies or Aaron Paul acting in theatre, but its still exactly what you want out of action movies. Great violence (God, that sounded cruel), little bit of humor, good acting, and fast cars. Now that sounds like some fun to me, and of course it's in this movie. The biggest problem is that it's just nothing new and has many cliches. Let's talk about the biggest attraction first: Aaron Paul. He's just as good as he should be, and his love interest is tied up with him. Supporting cast? Nothing more than good. Is it too similiar to Fast and Furious? Some elements are taken straight out of it, but it still feels like Need for Speed very much. The action here is what you'd expect. Cars get damaged and or blown up, but it's introduced amazingly, both looks and awesomeness. The cliche? One of the biggest themes is "oh I need to get payback on this guy for killing my friend let's go". Hate it? So do I. Yet, I still enjoyed this flick and walked out thinking it was good. Expand
CyberPvnkMar 23, 2014
If you are a Hollywood snob then I am sure you can find many faults with any movie. In my opinion, these people need to stop reviewing movies as most of us don't care if they stand up to what their college professor told them should be in aIf you are a Hollywood snob then I am sure you can find many faults with any movie. In my opinion, these people need to stop reviewing movies as most of us don't care if they stand up to what their college professor told them should be in a movie.

If you're like me and go to the movies to have a good time, this one delivers. The action is great, the storyline is engaging, the acting believable and satisfying. There is no nudity (well, one guy butt but it's a comedy piece), minimal swearing and no blood.

I took my 8 and 11 year olds to see it and we had a blast, not once did I worry that any part was too adult for them.

Aaron Paul (Jesse Pinkman) is really great and I was happy to see him in something besides breaking bad. Hopefully the start to a long career for him and everyone else who worked hard on the movie. Also, the end is straight out of a Need For Speed video game, it was just tremendous fun!
CokoBWareMar 25, 2014
If you're expecting fast cars, amazing chase scenes, big crashes, crazy stunts, and a cute sidekick girl who may just fall for the bad boy, this is your movie. If you're expecting innovative plots and cool character development, forget it.If you're expecting fast cars, amazing chase scenes, big crashes, crazy stunts, and a cute sidekick girl who may just fall for the bad boy, this is your movie. If you're expecting innovative plots and cool character development, forget it. NFS is a joyride in stunt movie-making. Thrilling, exciting, and fun, this movie delivers more octane than some other movies of it's genre. If you're looking to feel young and don't expect much out of this movie, you'll like it. It's not a stinker, but being a predictable plot and the characters being cardboard, it won't win awards. But boy it was fun. Expand
mclureAug 23, 2014
I liked it mostly because I always kept up with NFS series since it started and I liked the racing with exotic cars and muscle cars, the end was ok but that's it.
Jetset5May 11, 2014
The story in Need for Speed was excellent and well developed. The realism of the car crashes was part of the reason the movie was so great. You'll never get bored watching Need for Speed, with captivating romance and comedy. The actionThe story in Need for Speed was excellent and well developed. The realism of the car crashes was part of the reason the movie was so great. You'll never get bored watching Need for Speed, with captivating romance and comedy. The action sequences are great, exciting and suspenseful. With such a well developed story and great cast, you would have to try to dislike this movie.

This movie has action, romance, and comedy tied together perfectly. Watch it with an open mind, you'll enjoy it.
GantugsJul 24, 2014
Really good movie, really good story, really good acting... Aaron Paul adopted that he is new star... Best movie ever in racing... Of course better than Fast and Furious film series, and in the end 10/10
twocali1234Jul 25, 2014
I personally loved it. I don't get the low rating of the movie. The first Fast and Furious was worst. I loved the fast cars and the adrenalin, and Aaron Paul is amazing , i think he's a great actor.
PulseEnderMay 9, 2014
Fun as hell, the dumbest plot I think I might have seen. If you love cars, and the sound of an engine this is your movie. Three races that pump adrenaline and take their time to start and finish, a ton of Highway driving and such as well, butFun as hell, the dumbest plot I think I might have seen. If you love cars, and the sound of an engine this is your movie. Three races that pump adrenaline and take their time to start and finish, a ton of Highway driving and such as well, but this movie does such a great job catching street racing action that you will just lose yourself in this movies amazing racing scenes. Come for the ride, stay for the drive. This movie has no plot, expect racing not thought, just engine. Expand
IMAX500Aug 16, 2014
At first I thought the movie is going to be terrible because critics didn't like it. But For Now, I like it. Car Races and Crashes, Really Amazing. Sound Mixing, Terrific. The Part where the guy was naked. Really Funny and a little bitAt first I thought the movie is going to be terrible because critics didn't like it. But For Now, I like it. Car Races and Crashes, Really Amazing. Sound Mixing, Terrific. The Part where the guy was naked. Really Funny and a little bit Disturbing because it shows the guy's bottom. But Still, Terrific Movie Based on a Video Game. Expand
TigrisVsLeoJun 20, 2015
This is a beautiful movie and I was not expecting it to be as good as it was. I was shocked at how good the story was, the races, the comedy, and everything else. I am not a fan of racing movies, but if there is a sequel for Need For Speed IThis is a beautiful movie and I was not expecting it to be as good as it was. I was shocked at how good the story was, the races, the comedy, and everything else. I am not a fan of racing movies, but if there is a sequel for Need For Speed I will most likely be seeing it! Expand
blyter189Apr 9, 2014
I think that Need for Speed is an action packed, non- stopped thrill ride about a street racer recently out of prison and out for revenge for childhood friend's death.
brankkoApr 22, 2014
If you liked the game it means that you like the NFS Hot pursuit atmosphere. And this movie is just that! Unrealistic arcade drive with first person camera angle and hot cars you don't see every day on the street. Blowing cars and flyingIf you liked the game it means that you like the NFS Hot pursuit atmosphere. And this movie is just that! Unrealistic arcade drive with first person camera angle and hot cars you don't see every day on the street. Blowing cars and flying cops, tuned up with nice soundtrack would make you remember it's a Need For Speed movie. It's almost nothing more than that, but exactly what you're expecting from the title. Expand
JJthisAug 18, 2014
It's a car-movie. If you're complaining about a shallow story then you're looking in the wrong genre. Of course it was going to be a basic story-line, it's a movie on one of the games with the most ridiculous stories ever, what else did youIt's a car-movie. If you're complaining about a shallow story then you're looking in the wrong genre. Of course it was going to be a basic story-line, it's a movie on one of the games with the most ridiculous stories ever, what else did you expect??

Great action, great POV cams and nicer cars than what we've seen in a movie in quite a few years. I loved it.
AnthonyKJApr 26, 2014
Un bon film plutôt plaisant, et distrayant. Pas trop de prise de tête, ni de réflexion inutile, c'est un film à voir détendu. Il n'y a pas d'erreur flagrante de réalisation, les événements s'enchaînent bien et on a pas le temps de s'ennuyer.Un bon film plutôt plaisant, et distrayant. Pas trop de prise de tête, ni de réflexion inutile, c'est un film à voir détendu. Il n'y a pas d'erreur flagrante de réalisation, les événements s'enchaînent bien et on a pas le temps de s'ennuyer. Et retrouver Aaron Paul après Breaking Bad était intéressant. Dans l'ensemble, c'est ce à quoi je m'attendais. Le bilan est très positif. Expand
JcDJul 17, 2014
Playing the game since i was a kid, i'm happy to see that this was a good movie. I hope it will be part 2 also. Absolutely no comparison with fast and furious boredom.
TrevorDevendorfAug 15, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not Bad at all... few funny moments - this movie is the first of it's kind, i honestly played one need for speed game on xbox years ago and it was enjoyable. i had no expectations for this film, and it turned out **** amazing! dark and gritty as **** like the way Little Pete goes out is just so brutal... this whole movie is just simply entertaining. thrilling, and pure adrenaline keeping the tone from the video games. this cinematographer/dp, Shane Hurlbut is amazing I love all the birds eye view shots! and a nod to the director, Scott Waugh for doing a fantastic job. Expand
vitocAug 13, 2014
This was an awesome movie, I have idea what the critics are talking about or where they're coming from. Other then what seems to be a lack of life flowing through their veins on their part, to call this a boring move. Some of it did have someThis was an awesome movie, I have idea what the critics are talking about or where they're coming from. Other then what seems to be a lack of life flowing through their veins on their part, to call this a boring move. Some of it did have some different acting compared to most of hollywoods block busters, is it worse i don't know, acting that diverts it's way from hollywoods standard often seems more natural and relatable.. Personally i enjoyed every minute of it, with a good transition from story to action, i felt connected to the movie as if i could relate.. Many moments of it put me in an oh so comfortable nostalgic state where i could feel some of the good days i have seen through this movie, great movie! - Yeah the girl, i really enjoyed her character, she's smoking too!!

10/10 because i fell in love with her, other wise a 9/10.
Jgbuddy298Apr 4, 2015
I wasn't entirely sure what to expect going into this movie, but i have to say i really enjoyed it. Two thumbs up! Lead actor Aaron Paul did a great job, as well as the rest of the cast. Although the beginning of the film was slow andI wasn't entirely sure what to expect going into this movie, but i have to say i really enjoyed it. Two thumbs up! Lead actor Aaron Paul did a great job, as well as the rest of the cast. Although the beginning of the film was slow and somewhat awkward, things picked up quickly. I enjoyed relationship between Tobey and Julia as well as the plot, which was simple yet pleasing. Some of the action sequences may not have been completely original, however they were executed brilliantly. The cars, police chases, and character development were well done and gave me a sense of anticipation throughout the film. I can honestly say i haven't felt so tense or captivated by a movie in a long time. I'd recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys expensive cars and unforgettable action, definitely worth a watch! Expand
LVeldhuizenMay 14, 2015
I'm not really that interested in cars. Also, I really like to play games but the Need for Speed games were never really special to me. This movie, however, caught me quite good. I liked the story, it had a good cast, some cool cars and a,I'm not really that interested in cars. Also, I really like to play games but the Need for Speed games were never really special to me. This movie, however, caught me quite good. I liked the story, it had a good cast, some cool cars and a, though a bit predictable, cool ending. Also, some references to the game are really wel done. A movie worth to check out! Expand
Th3GreenHorne7Oct 30, 2015
Am I impressed? Yes and No. Need for Speed is another attempt for hollywood to make film adaptation of a video game. Now in the past, these movies are highly criticised for how bad they really are, and Need for Speed is probably the bestAm I impressed? Yes and No. Need for Speed is another attempt for hollywood to make film adaptation of a video game. Now in the past, these movies are highly criticised for how bad they really are, and Need for Speed is probably the best adaptation of a video game I've seen so far. Let me give you the pros and the cons, the pros are that the car stunts were amazing as they attempted not to use CGI to conduct dangerous stunts with expensive cars, speaking of cars, I loved the variety of cars used in the film, they are all beautiful and loud and fast. Now the cons, the cast I swear to god was picked absolutely blind, on the exception of Michael Keaton who played The Monarch, but everyone else was poorly picked, the role of Toby Marshall played by Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul was very stale and at the same time hey was trying to hard to be just like Dominic Toretto in The Fast and the Furious franchise which made a very poor attempt in trying so, and the unnecessary length of the film at 134 minutes was stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey with a bunch of filler scenes that did not connect to film's main story at all. Overall the film was not great, but ok as it stuns me for the stunts and the story which was slightly flawed was also ok. This is a sign that hollywood is slowly understanding how to make video game adaptation one step at a time starting with Need for Speed. Expand
LilmanikeNov 14, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is one of the best video game movies of all time. Top dog actors such as Kid Cudi, Aaron Paul, and Imogen Poots. But how ever the movie sees an unexpected turn that will surprise the audience and the movie features not a single CGI effect whatsoever so that way the movie emerses the audience in to a crash fest of amazing, a cross country chase against a killer, and lots of cops and races.

The movie features Aaron Paul as the main protagonist Tobey where he has to travel cross as Dino played by Dominic Cooper who has killed his best friend Pete in a car crash.

Events in the movie are taken in a little bit of a serious approach but with some humor slapped in to there. Dialogue is a little corny and it works a little.
Shadow1Apr 10, 2016
This is best film about the races . Excellent . Amazing story make this film one of the best movies of 2014 . Need for speed is a good series and a good film . Who believes that Need for speed is terrible movie is wrong . Need for speed withThis is best film about the races . Excellent . Amazing story make this film one of the best movies of 2014 . Need for speed is a good series and a good film . Who believes that Need for speed is terrible movie is wrong . Need for speed with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles best movies of the 2014 year . I watched Need for speed film in the cinema and Im love this film . Expand