Next Day Air

6.2

1. KeonM
    May 10, 2009
    Movie had the potential to be very hilarious. Mr Epps you should of been the delivery driver along side Def and the other guy what is his name from bring it on, or scream, no no. Hold on let me google him, Donald Fiason, don't get me wrong I like him but he sould of been Mike Epps character he has the dumb blonde comedy that would of fit good there but Epps was disappointing. I love Movie had the potential to be very hilarious. Mr Epps you should of been the delivery driver along side Def and the other guy what is his name from bring it on, or scream, no no. Hold on let me google him, Donald Fiason, don't get me wrong I like him but he sould of been Mike Epps character he has the dumb blonde comedy that would of fit good there but Epps was disappointing. I love all his movies and rate him very highly in comedy. and he had his moments but not his best at all. Keep trying find something to redeem yourself. you and Mos Def in a movie would be Nice. Expand
  2. ChadS
    May 10, 2009
    [***SELF-POLICING SPOILER ALERT***] Pothead bank robbers who forgo the money in the safe and steal security tapes instead, by way of their absolute incompetence, announce themselves as lightweight criminals, potentially, fun-lovin' ones. The opening caper in "Next Day Air" sets the audience up for a stoner action comedy: the black "Pineapple Express". But during one of the [***SELF-POLICING SPOILER ALERT***] Pothead bank robbers who forgo the money in the safe and steal security tapes instead, by way of their absolute incompetence, announce themselves as lightweight criminals, potentially, fun-lovin' ones. The opening caper in "Next Day Air" sets the audience up for a stoner action comedy: the black "Pineapple Express". But during one of the film's many flashbacks, Brody(Mike Epps) acts more like a crackhead bank robber when he severs another man's tongue. Too gangsta, perhaps? Yes. Too gangsta, by half. Played for laughs, Brody heard it wrong again(at the bank, needless to say, he was supposed to grab the green stuff), and sheepishly holds the tongue tip in his hand. His inclination for brutal violence is unexpected, a total buzzkill; it changes the tone of "Next Day Air", therefore killing the comedy in the process. Wrong move. Here's another. Although Jesus(Cisco Reyes) shows no outward signs of being stoned, the drug seller takes an uncommonly long time to figure out that Leo(Donald Faison) delivered the parcel to the wrong apartment(the courier had an empty handtruck). The pedestrian plotting doesn't stop there. "Next Day Air) acts as if it's running on a shoestring budget since Brody and his colleagues conduct their drug deal in such close proximity to the cocaine bricks' rightful owners. During pre-production, the filmmaker should have made budgetary allowances for one more locale. The final shootout is more than inevitable; it's contrived. But the film has energy, if not logic. Expand
  3. kenf
    May 11, 2009
    What Hollywood needs a good comedy and action flick to give it life.
  4. Nov 17, 2010
    I don't get if this was a comedy or what but I didn't laugh once if it was. Wasn't all that bad a movie but it wasn't really great either. You could not watch it and u wouldn't be missing much.
  5. Aug 10, 2012
    A good movie with good characters and a good script, but bad execution. I wish the movie was a little longer, you can only get so much out of 1 hour and thirty minutes. But for a quick laugh, you could do worse.

A bloody screwball comedy, a film of high spirits. It tells a complicated story with acute timing and clarity, and gives us drug-dealing lowlifes who are almost poetic in their clockwork dialogue.
    What ensues is an uneasy mix of farcical slapstick and comedy of errors with a violent, blood-soaked tale of inner-city crime.
    None of these characters provides more than a smattering of laughs, but Def is the one guy we might like to see more of, if only because his role is small and better executed than it deserves.