6.3

1. DaveG.
    Mar 28, 2005
    This movie could have actually been good if it actually concentrated on a specific plot/storyline. The relationship between the reporter and the monster could have been concentrated on more. It did remind me of Cocteau's "Beauty and the Beast" as Roger Ebert's review points out, but it did not ever go anywhere. Very dissappointing.
  2. RobR
    Mar 28, 2005
    Wow, this movie was bad. As for the comment that "anyone who gives this movie a bad review is too stupid..." I must be too stupid along with every other movie critic (which was just about all of them) for major publications. The movie had several interesting thought's/topics, but no definitive answers. As for the interpretations by other viewers, they are just loosely based off what Wow, this movie was bad. As for the comment that "anyone who gives this movie a bad review is too stupid..." I must be too stupid along with every other movie critic (which was just about all of them) for major publications. The movie had several interesting thought's/topics, but no definitive answers. As for the interpretations by other viewers, they are just loosely based off what is in the movie and seem to be stretched much further by the viewer. The movie itself never seemed generate any specific meaning. Expand
  3. SteveF.
    Mar 28, 2005
    I just wasted one hour and forty three minutes of my life. Please avoid the same mistake I made and spend no more time reading about or watching this movie.
  4. terio
    Mar 28, 2005
    How did people rate this movie high? It is terrible!

Hartley's most ambitious film, but it's also among his most uneven, shifting away at moments when its characters should be allowed to connect, underemphasizing some themes, overemphasizing others, and letting a general clash of ideas stand in for momentum.
  2. Reviewed by: Derek Elley
    Deadly dull in stretches, and just plain embarrassing in others.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Fox
    The film is little more than a stylish exercise in revisionism whose point -- we create, then destroy our own monsters in order to assure ourselves we're human -- is no doubt true, but serves as a rather thin moral to such a knowing fable.