Norbit

4.3

1. Feb 9, 2016
    Comparing this to Eddie Murphy's previous works (Coming to America, Trading Places, etc.), this is literally his worst shot in film history ever. I think it deserved a lot of raspberries from basically Eddie Murphy himself portraying as Rasputia which is worth a lot of my disgust and she's the only reason why I gave this movie a 0 out of 10.

I don't want to pull out the, "This is one of

I don't want to pull out the, "This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen!" cliché because it sounds stupid saying it in front of a lot of great movies, but because this movie's forcing me... I had to. Users who rated this higher than 3 should find a good movie from Eddie Murphy to watch or find their 0's and watch that more than this disrespectful grace from Hollywood.

Brian Robbins was possibly thinking... "Hey, let's just rip off the Nutty Professor and make it worse. I will call this movie 'Norbit' and it'll follow the disgusting story of how exactly Norbit fought back! I'll make Sherman Klump a woman and name her Rasputia so no one will notice the amount of high disgust I've ever worked on!"

If you manage to give the good movies a 0 and other movies that's not worth giving a 0 in, your opinion sucks unless you give this movie a 0. I know there's more bad movies to give it a 0 in, but this horror trying to hide in comedy disguise is blocking it in the way.

Hooray! It's been 9 years since the release for this disgusting film in theaters. This movie makes EVERY good movie look bad when you combine it with a good movie. A general insult to this world that whines itself to never exist again.
  2. OshaB.
    Mar 1, 2007
    The way Eddie Murphy spoke of this movie, I thought it would be hilarious, but quite the contrary. It was a waste of nine dollars and very disappointing. Bad humor, predictable plot, and unneccessary bad language.It has too much adult content to take the young kids and not enough humor for any one older than 17 to enjoy. There were a few moments where you may have thought about laughing, The way Eddie Murphy spoke of this movie, I thought it would be hilarious, but quite the contrary. It was a waste of nine dollars and very disappointing. Bad humor, predictable plot, and unneccessary bad language.It has too much adult content to take the young kids and not enough humor for any one older than 17 to enjoy. There were a few moments where you may have thought about laughing, but that feeling soon went away.I know Eddie Murphy can do better than that. Collapse
  3. JulzK.
    Apr 25, 2007
    Boring and crap. They tried to make it too serious. Shoud have just been dumb fun.
  4. JonQ.
    Jun 5, 2007
    Eddie Murphy should be ashamed for producing this appalling piece of racist, sexist and horrendous rubbish which is claimed to be a comedy. It brings shame to the genre and cinema itself. We have a brilliant actor, a influential black one as well, showing his stupid side and making a poor film after creating such brilliant films such as the Nutty Professor. The reviews are harsh, I saw Eddie Murphy should be ashamed for producing this appalling piece of racist, sexist and horrendous rubbish which is claimed to be a comedy. It brings shame to the genre and cinema itself. We have a brilliant actor, a influential black one as well, showing his stupid side and making a poor film after creating such brilliant films such as the Nutty Professor. The reviews are harsh, I saw the film to see how awful it was - no redemption, perhaps the credits are good because you know this nonsense is over. Shame on Mr Murphy and don't bother even mentioning this name. Murphy is a great disappointment and he is better than all the other crappy comedy actors like Sandler, Ferrel and other low lives. He is brilliant but this is something he would want to forgot. Just avoid this film and watch something which is actually funny and show him how it is done - him being black is not the issue but the fact that he is a role model means that he has let people down and moved back years in terms of what people laugh at. crude and hard to watch - i feel sick and ill. Murphy is one of my favourite actors, he has let me down. Captain Meow over. Expand
  5. DarnellP.
    Feb 24, 2007
    I love Mr. Murphy but this was the most god awful piece of crap Ii've ever seen. The only thing that can explain Murphy agreeing to do something this bad is as a favor to his brother Charles. The always hilarious Katt Williams is wasted in this film and every "joke" fell flat on it's face.
  6. BobG.
    Feb 24, 2007
    It's incomprehensible why Eddie Murphey would subject himslef to this absolute garbage. He doesn't deserve this. Eddie is a fine actor, but wasting his talent in a formidable fat-suit cannot elevate a career.
  7. MandyB
    Mar 10, 2007
    It is the most awful offensive disturbing film i have ever seen. Racist, offensive to overweight people and what seems to be most unnoticed is that its a film which claims abuse is funny!!!!!!!! Something which is most definately is not. Watching some guy get beaten up by his wife--i have a sense of humour--and that is not funny, thats disturbing.
  8. EmoKid
    Mar 5, 2007
    When will Eddie Murphy stop? Well I can't wait to see the next movie...EXTRAS....Pshhh who needs them we have Eddie Murphy. Not worth the time or money to go see.
  9. SeanP.
    Mar 8, 2007
    Whoa, SF Chronicle, c'mon.... Even MENTIONING the Oscars in a review of this horrendous film is like sacrilege. Don't waste your money, even for a rental later on.
  10. ClaytonH
    Aug 8, 2007
    Pure garbage. Vile and offensive.
  11. Deanna
    Feb 25, 2007
    I was disappointed. I was hoping for a few laughs, but this movie was obiously created for 8-year-olds.
  12. EricC.
    Mar 23, 2007
    I know it's not fair to judge a genre on one movie, but wow. Black cinema, you better roll out something good to cover the wound this movie has done to your image. Don't worry, white people are having the same trouble. We just had WIld Hogs. And Ghost Rider. And Premonition. And TMNT. You know what, maybe Spanish cinema can fix this for us.
  13. JonW.
    May 11, 2007
    A movie with Eddie Murphy in a fat suit--yeah, there's something we haven't seen enough of.
  14. Jan 11, 2011
    was unacceptable really 1 is too much i should give it 0 was dreadful was worse than date movie '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
  15. Jan 11, 2011
    this might be one of the most, if not the most unfunny movies I've ever seen. Waste of time, space, and talent.where's the old Eddie Murphy, the funny one. I think he died with Pluto Nash
  16. Feb 28, 2012
    I feel like if this movie had come out about the time The Nutty Professor came out it would have done better. The makeup they did for the the various Eddie Murphy characters was good and very realistic. That was the only positive in the movie though. I had a hard time identifying with any of the characters and in all honesty found Norbit annoying. The only more annoying character wasI feel like if this movie had come out about the time The Nutty Professor came out it would have done better. The makeup they did for the the various Eddie Murphy characters was good and very realistic. That was the only positive in the movie though. I had a hard time identifying with any of the characters and in all honesty found Norbit annoying. The only more annoying character was Rasputia. It makes me sad the Cuba Gooding Jr. was in this and it makes me really sad that Eddie Murphy feels like he has to go back to his old ways to re-make his career instead of moving forward as an actor. Expand
  17. Nov 12, 2012
    Another stupid comedy that tries WAY too hard to entertain you, and fails miserably.
  18. Aug 5, 2013
    Norbit es la clase de pelicula fastidiosa que intenta llegar lejos de una forma mediocre,pero logra un poco dentro del fracaso pues logra tener algo de humor despues de un tiempo
  19. May 4, 2014
    Eddie Murphy supposedly insulted a lot of people with this film: foreigners, racial stereotypes, obese women, nerds, hopeless romantics, animals, intelligent people, and moviegoers. But the one person whose feelings he hurt more than anyone else was his own.
  20. Jun 8, 2014
    Awful movie, all the praise for this movie must be from the marketing department! This review must be 150 characters, but there are no words for how bad this film is. AWFUL.
  21. Jan 4, 2015
    1/5★ Eddie Murphy is a funny, talented guy who can play several distinct characters in one film. Norbit is a disgusting, how was this made, why am I laughing film that is a mean and crass misfire that makes Big Momma look like Shakespeare. I have no doubt the cast in this film: respected actors like Thandie Newton and Cuba Gooding, Jr. wish that Norbit fade away, never to be spoken of1/5★ Eddie Murphy is a funny, talented guy who can play several distinct characters in one film. Norbit is a disgusting, how was this made, why am I laughing film that is a mean and crass misfire that makes Big Momma look like Shakespeare. I have no doubt the cast in this film: respected actors like Thandie Newton and Cuba Gooding, Jr. wish that Norbit fade away, never to be spoken of again.
    Verdict: Skip
  22. Mar 24, 2016
    There are two letters in the title name that should tell you not to watch this hunk of garbage. N and o, no. I feel if this was like nicki manize( i forgot how to spell her last name).at the age of fifty.

The fun in Norbit is watching Murphy at work – the guy has a knack for bringing the physicality of his comic characters to life.
  2. Murphy speaks in a breathy lisp, as if his mouth had been partially buttoned shut, and he doesn't give himself the nerd's traditional redeeming feature of a geeky, slide-rule intellect. Norbit, all frozen gawk, is just a very dim bulb.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Nelson
    It's an astonishingly crass and vulgar film, crudely directed on a cut-rate budget by Brian Robbins, never more than almost funny or less than disturbing.