6.9

1. Jun 21, 2013
    I have been hearing that the movie had a big twist, and that, kind of, scared me because I thought it would suck. But I'm so happy I was wrong, I enjoyed every minute, and the end really leaves you wanting more. It truly deserves a 10.
  2. Oct 31, 2013
    You will not get the time you spend watching this movie back. I just feel bad that Morgan Freeman spent even more of it to make this slick looking, but stupid, stupid movie.
  3. Jun 28, 2013
    My score for this movie might be a bit generous, as there are some glaring holes in the story, but I personally love heist movies. This movie is a very clever heist movie with all the fun and drama of Oceans 11 combined with some very good action sequences. The cast is superb, just like Oceans, and the characters are all well written. Mark Ruffalo fresh off of his turn as Hulk in Avengers, plays a great angry FBI agent and it was cool to see Eisenberg and Harrelson back together from Zombieland.

The movie's holes are big enough to drown a herd of elephants but if you can suspend disbelief and just enjoy the movie, you will not be disappointed. I don't have a lot to say on it because I don't want to give anything away but all of the heists are explained in true Oceans 11 fashion. I highly recommend this movie for a DVD rental but not worth the price of admission in a crowded summer movie season.
  4. Jun 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is not for someone who likes to think about the story during the movie, because of the fact that the story was kind of just summed up in short dialogue that moves on to more action sequences to be summed up again by dialogue. Also it seems like you are involved in this whole heist where actually you're not, The whole movie is kind of like the ending to an Oceans movie. Instead of having them talk over their plans they just go right into the heist and leave us out of it and making Morgan Freeman explain to us what just happened. They did have a plot twist at the end that no one saw coming though. There was very little parts to this twist though to make it seem awesome that that was the twist. The special effects were interesting though and there was a lot a of well known actors that were not used to their best ability. The movie kind of made most of them look like dicks. Expand
  5. Jun 5, 2013
    Here's the deal, mind-bending movies like Inception and The Prestige have revealed an entirely new genre of film. Movies like "Now You See Me" attempt to reflect elements of that genre, and ultimately find themselves in a realm closer to "summer throwaway". The script is what really throws a wrench in the final cut of this film. Even high caliber actors such as Morgan Freeman and Michael Cain can't save this script from the sloppy mess that the writers left it in. Now, having said that, if you've seen Fast 6 and Star Trek, and you're still forcing yourself to go to the cinema, by all means spare your mind the stress of figuring out a plot and see this movie. Otherwise #skipit. Expand
  6. May 25, 2014
    I really like this movie. Is it the best? Not by any means, but visually it is a spectacle to say the least. The character development isn't up to par, and the plot is too fast and isn't explained as much as it should be, normally those would ruin a movie and is what kept this film from getting tremendous reviews. That said though, it's a wonderful premise and the actin is outstanding. Now You See Me puts you into a wonderful fantasy world and will leave audiences eagerly waiting for the next installment of the franchise Expand
  7. Feb 26, 2014
    Man, everytime I see the 'professional' reviews I cringe, this movie was terrific, intricate and very captivating. I was prepared to give this one a 7 or an 8, but the resolution was way better than I thought. Enjoyed thoroughly, some really neat twists, and believable characters; what more could you want from a movie?
  8. Jun 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Upon seeing the trailer, I had a very high hope for the film. The show was very enjoyable until their third final act. Well, even I didn't guess who was the 5th horseman, it was very disappointing to end the film with the twist like this. They could've done better rather than give us a twist like the "Usual Suspects". Expand
  9. Jun 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "Now You See Me" has one of the best movie concepts that I've seen in a while. Adding the idea of magicians and a heist is genius. However, the movie in itself was a mixed bag. The acting was weak in the movie, and Thaddeus was able to debunk the magic tricks way too quick. We get no debunking scenes where Thaddeus is breaking down the puzzle. Instead, he just walks up on stage and tells the FBI agent about every single step and operation. The magic performances were really interesting, we get to learn how the 4 horsemen "teleported" a man from Vegas to Paris in under 3 seconds. Definitely something that I was looking forward to. There were some good laughs in the movie placed here and there. But the part of the movie that made me so upset was the ending. Unlike most people, I disliked the plot twist. It was too unexpected. Not in the good way. We had no indication that the FBI agent was in "The Eye" and that he would turn on Thaddeus. In the end, it's not an awful movie, and it's very controversial. I say that you should give it a chance. Don't take my word for it. Everyone sees things differently. Expand
  10. Jun 15, 2013
    I was expecting a lot of this movie, especially its premise which is different, it absolutely wasn't bad but it wasn't perfect, it had some boring scenes, and it was complicated but as a movie which I had high hopes and expectations, I was definitely without any question disappointed, on the other hand, the casting fits and the special effects are perfect.
  11. Jun 16, 2013
    Not very convincing. You expect e grand finale but never comes.
    Pretty lame characters for the great Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine.
    Overall is not a bad movie, but it isn't one that you will remember
  12. Jun 22, 2013
    By far, the best movie I've seen this year. So incredible! I loved the plot! It was so smart and so well-written!
    The cast was perfect and the special-effects were the best I've ever seen! The direction was also very good.
    The end was definetely unexpected. It was so smart, that I am still thinking on it, almost a week, after the time I saw it. I really loved the fact that almost nothing
    in the movie was expectable. It kept me thinking and watching. I didn't feel bored, even for a second. The cast was great! Eisenbergm Harrelson, Fiser, Freeman, Caine, Ruffalo. So many stars in one movie! For me, it was one of the best movies of the last ages. So fascinating and surprising! It's going to leave you speechless! Expand
  13. Aug 8, 2013
    Do we like the magic? Yes, Do we like the heist movies? Of course, Do we like the movies with a big cast? Sometimes, and the movie indeed is a kind of spin-off of the Ocean's Eleven's movies but with magic, so if everybody loves the magic, what can be wrong with the plot, right?
  14. Jun 26, 2013
    Definitely not as goos as The Prestige but a truly fun engaging movie despite the holes in logic. Cast was fun and nice visual effects. Not a favourite but an enjoyable see.
  15. Jun 29, 2013
    The characters were bland and uninteresting. Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine were the only interesting ones. The concept for this movie is great but could have been done better.
  16. Jun 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Now you see me, a caper-styled movie in the midst of sci-fi flood. The story was quiet unique, in the first and the middle, the director and writer was clever enough to hide that the real thief was one of the investigators of the case. There might be some questions regarding to the ending, yet it was very confusing if we don't see and understand it clearly on the front and middle part of the movie. Even though it was a great job for the writer and director to create a thriller crime movie genre mixed with magic stuff that really amazes the audience. Expand
  17. Jul 2, 2013
    I really liked this movie. I really wish they didn't show end scenes in the commercials for it but it was a great escape for the weekend. The characters were engaging the end surprises were surprising. All in all a great movie if you can just relax and enjoy it.
  18. Jul 7, 2013
    Despite a well laid introduction and intriguing premise, Now You See Me stumbles going into its second act and never recovers the scope or direction required to live up to its grandiose attempt at cross genre crime-drama.

This is all down to the simple fact that Now You See Me has a severe case of identity crisis. The general idea is a pick and mix of several "plot-twist based genres,"
    including "Magicians" The Prestige, The Illusionist "Heist Movie" Oceans 11 "Deception" Usual Suspects, Saw The Departed) and general "Cat and Mouse" drama Catch Me if You Can ).

While this sounds like a recipe for brilliance, the end product throws too many ingredients in the pot for any single flavor to emerge even remotely tasteful, leaving the audience somewhat empty when the hum-drum reveal at the end does little to evoke surprise or awe.

The main problem is each of the films parts never lead to anything substantially satisfying. Remember what made The Illusionist so good? It was the fact the magic on display was all part of an underlying trick, and when Paul Giamatti his head back, and laughs at the brilliance of it all, so did the audience. NYSM would like to think it did the same thing, indeed, Morgan Freeman et al practically reinforce the point every ten minutes, that "everything in play is part of a much bigger illusion." Perhaps it is, but it's all thoroughly unconvincing. And when you ignore the motives and reason for all that takes place, the "magic" on display is either tiring, or beyond belief.

Also worthy of note is the complete lack of characterization. The combination of Harrelson and Eisenberg should have been a winner from the start, yet, they're barely given the screen time to save things, never mind a decent script. During the run up to release, I had to wonder why Emma Stone didn't join them. One reason could be she saw the script and didn't think there'd be much point with the way the magicians characters were handled.

Instead, the majority of the movie focuses on the FBI agent tracking everything down, and the rather fetching Interpol agent assisting him. Again, perhaps the idea around this, given the ending, was to further the film's sense of deception and illusion, but it still doesn't make up for about an hour's worth of boredom, and only helps the ending to be entirely unsatisfactory. In fact, a lot of the earlier actions of certain characters don't even make sense when you realize the truth.

Throw in a rather absurd car chase, and at the same time, predictable plot twist regarding said scene and you have a movie that doesn't even seem to be attempting cleverness anymore.

With that said, the film is entirely watchable when merely watched without anticipation. Just don't expect another Prestige or Illusionist.

When you come to the end reveal in such a movie, there's generally three reactions: there's the "Ahhh", the "Oh..." and the "Mehh.."

This film definitely only approaches "Oh."
  19. Jul 7, 2013
    Ok, you have a movie with 'Social Networks,' breakthrough actor, Jesse Eisenberg, "you had my curiosity, but now, you have my attention." The movie, starts off interesting with a line of talented magicians teaming up. Then, after that, the movie just goes down hill. The movie, felt like it had no actual plot. I admit, there where times I was surprised, but the ending just ruined everything the movie was building up towards. Overall, 'Now You See Me,' was interesting, but not a memorable movie at all. Expand
  20. Sep 26, 2013
    It frankly doesn't surprise me that this film has received more positive than negative feedback; it gives an audience almost everything the trailers and cast lead them to believe they'll get. Plenty of twists, turns, face time with noteworthy actors and a story that doesn't force you to believe in magic in order to believe what's happening on screen. All that being said, there is a minority of viewers, myself included, who know they could have done much more with all the talent and potential lying within Now You See Me...or maybe they couldn't, and shouldn't have bothered to try.

I'm hesitant to say the movie is bad, because deep down it truly isn't. Everyone, from Woody Harrelson to Michael Caine and every name-drop in between does their job and fits in snug with what's going on. Somewhere between the intriguing first 20 minutes and the disappointing last hour or so, I kept asking myself, "why am I not enjoying this?" The answer? It could have been so much more.

Hasty references to the "why" of it all do nothing to satisfy the curiosity of the curious, and when the final credits rolled, I realized that this was the point all along. Even after the major reveal takes place and you finally understand the "how", the "why" never materializes. The introduction of the film makes that question the focal point, and the rest of the film does its best to make you forget you ever had the question in your head to begin with.

Again, I can understand the praise, but I felt as if left the theater having been cheated out of my money. Considering a couple of the main scenes in the film, perhaps this was the filmmakers' entire goal to begin with. It wouldn't surprise me in the least. Regardless, most people seemed to enjoy it, so there's no reason to bash it any further than by saying it simply wasn't what I wanted it to be. It happens sometimes.
  21. Jul 10, 2013
    I really enjoyed this movie, it was equally entertaining, suspenseful and funny at times. However, it was hard to follow at times. Overall, I enjoyed this movie a lot!
  22. Jul 16, 2013
    A fun movie, which unfortunately let's it's ambition get the best of it. Even though the "magic tricks" are visually well executed, they seem very random at times.
  23. Sep 6, 2013
    There's no doubt the film has a few issues. There are some plotlines that are poorly established and are left unresolved and the female characters lack any real definition and act more as side players when they should be just as prominent as the men. However, "Now You See Me" provides fun entertainment with it's "Ocean's Eleven" with magic formula. The story is easy to get behind, the illusions in the film are crafty and neat and the actors are fantastic...especially Mark Ruffalo who, once again, steals the film and commands attention. Expand
  24. Aug 4, 2013
    My expectations weren't so high and I got what I wanted. A great plot with good twists and good acting performances. Sometimes it felt like I was watching a mix of the Usual Suspects and the Prestige. It may not be the best of the year but it's definitely fun to see
  25. May 25, 2014
    I really don't want to make this a long review so I wont. The cast was amazing but everything else fell short don't get me wrong i still enjoyed the movie while watching it but i just didn't feel the magic and the whole twist at the end was laughable i seen that half way through but hey i guess it tricked my friend. Overall i give it a 6.0 the cast is the only thing that makes this film re-watchable it's also are getting another unnecessary Hollywood sequel. Expand
  26. Aug 25, 2013
    What a mind-boggling film! I was at the edge of my seat the entire time, wondering what had happened and who's who. The story is so interesting. The cast is so talented. There's really nothing not to love!
  27. Aug 22, 2013
    Relies far too much on unconvincing 'magic'. The producers pushed the boat out too far, filling the movie with a collection of tricks that would have required extensive setup in reality, but appear out of thin air. As a result, the main characters come across as little more than a bunch of talentless, arrogant twits coasting through a CGI playground. Tedious, boring, and ultimately far too obvious. Expand
  28. Aug 23, 2013
    If only this movie would've disappeared in front of my eyes. The only magic thing about this is how people are going to give their money to this crap.
  29. Aug 24, 2013
    For those who have not seen this movie and want a opinion of someone who watches movies quite often and has a real feel for more than what you see here is and honest view of this movie.

I went into this movie thinking it would be very entertaining and the special effects would be great. Knowing how magicians work, just from seeing David Copperfield and a few others in person, I knew it
    would be over the top scenes and hoped they would be entertaining. What I didn't expect was to see a movie with a creative plot and actors who fit their characters as well as everyone did. I could not see Woody Harrelson being anyone other than who he played, and the same goes for Michael Caine, Mark Ruffalo, and Morgan Freeman along with the rest of the 4 Horsemen. As far as the story went it was well played out and kept me watching to see more and wanting more. There are a few moments when you probably know what is going to happen, but the movie doesn't give away too much which made it great in that aspect. From the first scene to the last I was very pleased with how the movie flowed and never did I feel that parts of it were over the top or stupid by any means. This was one of the better movies I have seen in the last 3 years and for me that is saying something big.

Now for anyone who gives this movie a bad rating or said it was horrible, I only ask what do you want from big named movies out of Hollywood anymore? With so many prequels, sequels, and money grabbers over the last decade what do you expect to get for movies? It is coming to the point where original ideas are not thought up every 2 years anymore and it is more like 7 years apart. Everything has been done to the point of overkill in many instances. Know You See Me was fresh and well thought out which makes this a great movie. So many movies are made after books, comics, tv shows, or plain remakes of movies from 20+ years ago that having a movie like this come along is a refreshing new twist on older material.

Overall enjoy the movie for what it is, a great story with twists and awesome action and effects and I guarantee you will enjoy it.
  30. Aug 25, 2013
    First, I was excited because I like magic and I like bank heists. But then it all came down in a big crumble. There is no character development throughout the movie. There was no real good guys or real bad guys, which made is very subtile and took the suspense out completely. Nothing more Tuesday night lullaby.
  31. Aug 30, 2013
    Movie is thrilling, exciting and when I watched it i couldn't wait to see what will happen next. Dialogue was good made me laugh many times as well as the action scenes. Overall the move is very good, if you ignore the end. You get this character development of a sceptic FBI agent that is good at his job and at the end his personality goes 180 and you see the entire plot, scenes, dialogs (what made this movie as excellent as it is) as fake. If you want to see the movie again, with your friends or family, you can't do it unless you ignore the ending, that you previously saw, to re experience the great plot in the first 90% part. Expand
  32. Sep 4, 2013
    "Now You See Me" one of the best movie I have seen this year. I really loved it so much and enjoyed the time watching it. Amazing one they deserved 10/10
  33. Sep 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing. That is the one word I use to describe to quality and high end CGI (Computer-Generated Imagery) effects in Now You See Me. This movie puts into reality what magic will turn into years from now. Big stage effects, using magic to rob banks and transport people. We have big names featured in this movie such as Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Dave Franco, Mark Ruffalo, Isla Fisher, Morgan Freeman, and many more.

The movie starts introducing us to all of the magicians featured like Daniel Atlas (Jesse Eisenberg) doing an amazing card trick (that I still can't figure out) and impressing some young girls. All four street magicians receive special cards with an address to meet up at. This is how they started their hit show, known as "The Four Horseman."

The Horseman, at their packed Las Vegas Show picking a supposedly random audience member, having him state his bank, and then teleported to rob the whole bank. When the bank opens in the morning, they see the money missing and take all the magicians to prison to be questioned. As magic plays a big role in the movie, Daniel pulls off an amazing trick flipping the handcuffs off of him and onto Dylan Rhodes. (Mark Ruffalo) I think that this is one of my favorite parts of the movie because (being a former magician) tricks like these can actually be done.

Throughout the Four Horseman’s performances, Thaddeus Bradley (Morgan Freeman) has a TV show that busts their tricks every episode. During the movie, the Horseman perform more elaborate tricks and they are busted by Thaddeus.

The movie blew the audience away with a mind-blowing turn the film took and had an amazing ending. This is a film I had a lot of questions about when it was over. Even paying full attention I was not sure about some events. I think this may have been just because I am a teen, but Now You See Me is my movie of the year pick and I definitely recommend it to any demographic. If you pay attention, Now You See Me will reward.
  34. Sep 7, 2013
    Who ever gives this movie less then a 8, well then he just didn't understand it. The movie is well executed has a a lot of twist's and interesting magic scenes some action as well, and the actors are just fantastic
  35. Sep 7, 2013
    Wanna see a magic trick that's only possible via computer graphics? Suffer through Now You See Me. The music and sweeping camera does all it can to make you care, but since little time is spent developing the four horsemen characters, you really can't be bothered. This movie will drag you around back and fourth in an attempt to throw you off, but when the big reveal comes, all you can think about is how meaningless it turned out to be.

Also, what the heck is with all the occult references that turn out to be meaningless. Randomly chosen tarot cards, weird uneducated references to the eye of horus, four horsemen? It's like they pulled this stuff out of a hat and stuck them in the script to create a cheap sense of mystery.
  36. Sep 8, 2013
    Horrible! This movie is the turd in the spiked punch bowel. Excellent cast, interesting subject that somehow managed to thoroughly and completely jump the shark! They did a pretty good of building anticipation that SOMETHING interesting was coming....just stick with us...we know the movie doesn't make a whole lot of sense yet, but SOMETHING is going to happen just hang in there......That something didn't help the movie make anymore sense, served to make everyone in the room stop the movie and stay...HUH???? WHY??

It completely jumped the shark and made the entire movie pointless. It's like they threw the plot lines into a hat, shook them up and reached and and grabbed 3 and said OK, THAT'S THE MOVIE! We will dazzle them with shock and awe, nobody will care about the plot! It didn't work in Iraq, and it doesn't work for this movie. Simply horrid. Stay far far away, it will only serve to piss you off trying to figure out how this ever made sense to anyone not high on dope.
  37. Sep 20, 2013
    This is a movie to entertain, Nothing else. Average writing, average performances, and an awful plot. Jesse Eisenberg giving an average performance or even lower. The same with James Franco, Mélanie Laurent and Isla Fisher. Woody Harrelson and Morgan Freeman stepping up with a performance that save the film from being a total failure. I know, it was fun to watch but if you can analyze this film after watching it, its nothing more than a Louis Leterrier. Expand
  38. Sep 21, 2013
    Una historia que se esforzó demasiado por ser más inteligente de lo que realmente es. Presentándonos la mayor cantidad de cliché que pueden existir en un libreto. Que tratan de robar nuestro aliento llevándose un bostezo. No me pareció algo fuera de lo normal, más bien me pareció una película que se puede ver en la comodidad del hogar. Aclarando que sin una bolsa de popcorn lo que mencioné anteriormente es debatible. Es más impresionante ver un espectáculo de magos en vivo, que un espectáculo de magos en una película donde todo es posible. ¿Por qué me tiene que impresionar un grupo de magos que gozan de toda la magia del cine a su favor? Expand
  39. Sep 12, 2013
    Pretty nice movie. Really nice magic tricks. Ah, and i also loved the music of this (i mean a soundtrack). I love magic and magicians, this movie was really pretty nice. 2 months ago i watched it and i loved it.
    I highly recommend it to you if you especially love magicians and magic tricks.
  40. Mar 8, 2014
    Now You See Me is a very entertaining and fun movie to watch, with a pretty good twist at the end (no spoilers), but the movie fails to convince us of its premise.
  41. Sep 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I did have high hopes when I entered the cinema to see this movie; one of my friends had said it was 'amazing', and as I trusted his judgement, I thought I would see just how good it was. For the first 45 minutes or so, I was reasonably impressed. The bank heist I thought was igneous, and the way it had been explained to the audience well measured. The words of the characters 'this is only the beginning', or whatever it was, awoke my curiousity, and that attention was reasonably maintained until afterwards the New Orleans scene.

And then it fell to exactly the same fate that many other movies have done, and hence is the origin of my low scoring. It became unoriginal to the point of disgust, and for the last forty minutes (I know it was forty minutes because I was constantly checking my watch) I was thinking to myself "how could I have not seen before how utterly terrible this film is?". There were signs before that I ignored, dismissing them as one of a couple of cliches all modern films inevitably have. The most prominent is the female police character I have forgotten her name. Her character is perhaps the most uninteresting, cliched, predictable character type. From the moment she uttered her first lines, you know EXACTLY what her character is going to be like. On the exterior somewhat unimpressive, but supremely confident. Full of witty lines, becomes serious when she needs to be, tells emotional stories that have some 'hidden meaning', and of course she and the investigator (again, I forgotten the name, I'll call him X) have a relationship. After all of my expectations were fulfilled, I became so disgusted with this movie. It actually truly confuses me these directors, filmmakers, actors, producers, have all seen more movies than I, and would surely know how to construct a good movie. WHY would you have her conform to every cliche in the book? Surely, after viewing it, you know how retch-inducing it? Maybe someday I'll know. To bring this into some perspective, the exact same thing happened in The Dark Knight Rises, with the character of Cat woman, and is the one of the reasons I detest that movie as well. Contrastingly, The Dark Knight is one of my favourite films of all time. It just goes to show what difference originality makes in the making of a film. Or if not complete originality, not complete cliched material.

That character epitomises many of the similar things wrong with this movie the annoyingly 'witty' dialog between the mentalist and Jesse Eisenberg, the unintelligent lines of X, the lame plot involving the Magic Circle or whatever its called, with the dusty old book, and finally the ending. Perhaps the reason why this ending is without doubt, the worst I have ever seen, is that it tears the entire film apart. Looking back at all the action, not one line, or event, even makes sense, as it turns out the policeman is actually the one helping them? What? The film just self-destructs for this very reason. Again, I shall provide some perspective. After watching NYSM, I watched Ocean's Eleven and the difference was laughable. It's not just the sophistication, the characterisation of the latter, but the ending. The ending of Ocean's Eleven is clever, the rest of the film works perfectly, and you marvel in the ingenuity of the heist. By contrast, Ocean's Twelve self-destructs in a similar way to this film the last five minutes just renders the previous hour watched absolutely useless. It makes the audience feels like they've been tricked no, it does not make one marvel.

I did give this a 4, and the actual method of the heist (especially the last and first one) are reasonably ingenious, meriting some score. But what promise this movie did have was primarily destroyed as some many films are nowadays, by the loss of originality and the way in which everything it in characters, events, dialogue is cliched and predictable.
  42. Nov 2, 2013
    This is the best movie of 2013, period. From start to finish, everything in this movie is top notch. Humour, script, acting, twists, flash, music, characters, plot, originality, and especially excitement. I haven't seen a heist film this good since Charlie Croker's italian gold heist ten years ago. If you give this movie below a 5, chances are I'm gonna want to debate and question you.
  43. Oct 6, 2013
    MY THINK
    Now you see me one of the best movies i ve ever seen because the cast, acting, ending, fiction, story and writing
    OK this movie had some nonsense moments but almost every movie have some nonsense
    Don't worry if u planning to watching this movie you will absolutely love it so entertaining movie
  44. Oct 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. expected a much better end....
    Anyway i enjoyed movie, but i was expecting more.
    I couldn't understand why these people done all that .
    As long as they doesn't reveal the man it was a way better.
    Suddenly everything spoiled
  45. Oct 16, 2013
    this movie had great actors that I'm a fan and an interesting plot about magic, but the movie is very boring and is full of things quite annoying part until the end was good but the tail end collapsed the entire movie.
  46. Dec 12, 2013
    From the beginning to the end, the movie is packed with tension that leave you at the end of your seat. Generally public) this movie is great but to Magicians fanatics or critics this might not be a great movie. Its
    all about the appeal. Great movie!
  47. Nov 30, 2013
    Given the characters in it,I kind of expected more from this one.Over-exaggeration,inflation,underestimating the IQ of viewers are some of the biggest mistakes of this movie.They tired pulling out The prestige and Italian Job in this one and just got stuck on The Cabin in the Woods i.e Insanity.Some scenes just make you feel "are the police and other guys so dumb!"I am giving a 4 just for the crew..out of which 3 are for Morgan Freeman Expand
  48. Jul 20, 2014
    The movies plot really is extremely convenient, with it's story tied to random chance. Various plot points and questions were still unresolved at the film's conclusion. It's confusing at times and implausible. However, if you can ignore that, you will enjoy this movie. An entertaining movie with a strange premise but two huge twists at the end. A cast that really hold this entire movie up, and very well too. Liked the magic and action. You really must see this movie.

And whether you like it or not, a sequel is being planned!

If you liked this review, read my other ones by clicking on my name and mark this review as helpful. Remember, every vote counts!

(And P.S, you may have seen or read this review under "'andrewgarcia732". I can't get into my old account and have started a new one.)
  49. Dec 13, 2013
    Really hated this movie. It's been months since I've seen it, but whilst browsing youtube I was reminded of this piece of turd and feel the need to vent. I've never been to a movie and felt so awful after walking out. Even my friend who was super excited to see this film looked at me in the middle of the climax and said "this is really bad". I hated the characters. They were slick and arrogant, con men and thieves but of course they turn out to have hearts of gold and help people get back at evil corporations. The motivation for the main character is so laughably weak I'm left wondering if this movie is suppose to be a satire of bad action movies. The characters were really bland and the plot is super predictable. Although I have to admit I didn't see the plot twist coming, but that's because despite how bad the movie was I didn't think it was going to be that bad. However, The brilliant film makers proved me wrong and overturned whatever little they established in the movie and quickly crammed a whole new back story/character motivation in the final five minutes. I honestly can't say I'm surprised either, I was in such an emotional limbo I couldn't bring myself to care. Expand
  50. Dec 24, 2013
    I rarely see bad movies in theaters, I rarely do, but I was forced to watch this, THIS, due to a theater that was so poor on selection, I only picked it because it was the best movie I could think and wasn't a sequel. Oh God, why didn't I just swallow up my idea of watching all movies before sequels and watch like Fast and Furious 5 or 6, because this is the worst I've seen this year, I know it's probably not the worst of the year for most, but since I don't see many bad ones, this is. This movie manages to somehow suck away all of the talent of it's (admittedly charming) cast, and makes them all either repeating a movie they've already been in (Mark Ruffalo) or just sucks away any of their charm or wit (Jesse Eisenberg, Isla Fisher, Woody Harrelson). It's horribly structured, poorly edited, and clumsily executed, however, the biggest error in this disaster heist movie is that it never, NEVER EVER EVER EVER, EXPLAINS WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING, You will constantly be wondering about plot motivations, character motivations, how someone is still alive, how a plan worked, why in the hell would anyone do this, what sense does that make, why, OH WHY, can't these people just sit down, and talk about exposition that we need, not exposition that we don't, somehow, it has a talent of having too MUCH plot, or NO plot at all. This movie is a statistical anomaly, and not in the good way, so just stay away, what ever you do, just stay far away from this film which will bring questions to your head, and not of the thought-provoking kind Expand
  51. Jan 16, 2014
    The story of the film is excellent including direction, cinematography and stunts all are excellent. I less often see that much entertaining movie. I highly recommend this movie. Please watch and enjoy this movie.
  52. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    Now You See Me was absolutely amazing. The magic tricks weren't just amazing/impossible, but nobody would've thought of doing magic tricks like these.
  53. Apr 19, 2014
    There are so many twists and turns in this movie and it is great. The magic part of this movie is also really cool and keeps your mind going and into it the whole time. They add many illusions in the movie to keep your mind thinking and maybe not always following what is going on but I really like that about this movie. Also there is a great ending that I don't think anyone could have predicted.
  54. Apr 30, 2014
    Louis Leterrier’s film “Now You See Me,” is fun, easy to enjoy movie. The film does a great job of being flashy with grand spectacles without taking itself too seriously. The four main magicians who work together have great balance in character, and tons of crowd appeal. What this movie lacks in a meaningful message, it makes up with amazing tricks and twists that will leave the audience unable to guess the next move. Add a feel good ending with an interesting twist, and this movie makes a solid addition to any easy watching movie list. Expand
  55. Jul 5, 2014
    "Now You See Me" is a decent summer blockbuster until the final act which is just so plainly stupid I don't think I could ever describe it and stay polite at the same time. And also: bad CGI during the magic trick sequences? I'm speechless.
  56. Sep 14, 2014
    What an awesome and entertaining movie. Surprising plot twist after plot twist and in the end everything fits together like a puzzle. The reveal of the mastermind at the end will surprise everyone. All theories I made up were destroyed. Another plus factor is that the movie is enjoyable from start to finish. The cast did a great job and each role was well chosen. The creativity in this movie is ideal. I would not say there are no flaws in this movie but it is so good you will forget your complains. Overall the most positive movie surprise in 2013. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ken McIntyre
    Jul 5, 2013
    Ocean’s Eleven meets The Prestige? Not quite. Starts well, ends in a heap, but in between there’s just enough splash and flash to distract from the lack of substance
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Jul 5, 2013
    Overcooked, overcomplicated and underinteresting, this heist caper turns into a mess.
  3. Reviewed by: Ignatiy Vishnevetsky
    Jun 6, 2013
    Much of what makes Now You See Me so entertaining — in a gaudy, disposable, Vegas act sort of way — is its ever-escalating ridiculousness.