5.8

1. Apr 17, 2011
    Incredible, extraordinarily underrated movie. Critics and moviegoers were too quick to dismiss it because it wasn't a laugh-a-minute comedy (which, admittedly, was what they were promised by the TV ads). But this film, aside from being funny, took serious chances and went very, very dark. In a good way.
    It may not be a good comedy but as a film it's good.
  2. Nov 28, 2012
    I thought this movie was freakin' hilarious. Seth Rogen portrays such an amusing character here, and I found myself falling victim to the dark humor and violent comedy presented throughout this film. The dialogue in this film consists of some of the most crass and irreverant lines I've ever heard, but It's also some of the most hilarious, and the end of this movie is one of theI thought this movie was freakin' hilarious. Seth Rogen portrays such an amusing character here, and I found myself falling victim to the dark humor and violent comedy presented throughout this film. The dialogue in this film consists of some of the most crass and irreverant lines I've ever heard, but It's also some of the most hilarious, and the end of this movie is one of the strangest/goriest/funniest things I've ever seen. Expand

1. Reviewed by: John DeFore
    Barring a Terry Zwigoff return to "Bad Santa" territory, it's hard to imagine a filmmaker embracing this dubious hero to the extent writer-director Jody Hill does.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    Ronnie is more complex, and much scarier, than the kind of self-deluding boob auds usually encounter in comedies of this sort. With the invaluable aid of Rogen, who's never been better, Hill sustains an impressive degree of tension between seemingly contradictory elements.
  3. Observe and Report is the rare "action-comedy" (almost always a muddled hybrid) that earns its cathartic climax. The blood is real because the psychosis is real. But somehow--the magic of comedy--it's also uproarious.