6.1

1. Nov 22, 2014
    Brutal, absolutely brutal. I love Seth Rogen but you'd have a hard time trying to convince me to watch this again. This one is just too similar to Paul Blart Mall Cop, and its not nearly as funny. Its even got Anna Farris as the love interest just like Mall Cop.
  2. Jul 13, 2013
    Observe and Report is a great film, if you're 12 years old and find the obsessive use of the 'F' word funny. I usually love Seth Rogan, I think he's one of the best comedic actors out there, but unfortunately every actor is going to have a few misses. Observe and Report is one of those films that just doesn't cut it. In the film, Seth Rogan plays Ronnie Barnhardt, who is the equivalent ofObserve and Report is a great film, if you're 12 years old and find the obsessive use of the 'F' word funny. I usually love Seth Rogan, I think he's one of the best comedic actors out there, but unfortunately every actor is going to have a few misses. Observe and Report is one of those films that just doesn't cut it. In the film, Seth Rogan plays Ronnie Barnhardt, who is the equivalent of Paul Blart on a bad trip. He's a mall cop, who is obsessed with his job and with the hot girl who works the make-up counter at the local department store. Literally the only funny part of this movie is the flasher, that Ronnie is trying to catch. It's simplistic humor, but a man running around a mall, flashing his penis at people, and making dirty comments is funny! The rest of this film is not, as it's one big racist, childish, romp, through a world of sex, drugs, and the abuse of power. Rogan is terrific, but his character was a rambling, confused, uneducated guy, that just wears on every last nerve. Observe and Report is a film that has been done, many times and in many different ways. The producers hoped that an all-star cast would help the film, but sadly it doesn't. The film plays as though it was written by a teenager, and all that's missing is the fart jokes. I'm a big Seth Rogan fan, but I was sadly disappointed by this film. Expand
  3. Nov 28, 2012
    I thought this movie was freakin' hilarious. Seth Rogen portrays such an amusing character here, and I found myself falling victim to the dark humor and violent comedy presented throughout this film. The dialogue in this film consists of some of the most crass and irreverant lines I've ever heard, but It's also some of the most hilarious, and the end of this movie is one of theI thought this movie was freakin' hilarious. Seth Rogen portrays such an amusing character here, and I found myself falling victim to the dark humor and violent comedy presented throughout this film. The dialogue in this film consists of some of the most crass and irreverant lines I've ever heard, but It's also some of the most hilarious, and the end of this movie is one of the strangest/goriest/funniest things I've ever seen. Expand
  4. Nov 23, 2011
    The acting is below average, I thought Anna Faris was pretty bad. The whole film is rather dark (in a good way) and it has quite a few hilarious moments. I enjoyed it.
  5. Sep 11, 2011
    Overall a pretty funny movie, but a bit irritating if you're the type to notice details, like how Seth Rogen can commit crime after crime in public, sometimes against police themselves, with little repercussion. Or how handfuls of pills and alcohol aren't lethal.
  6. Sep 4, 2011
    This is a strange movie. Regular fans of Seth Rogen movies will either love it because of him, or be disturbed by his dark turn in this one. Playing a sociopathic, bipolar mall guard, it serves as an adult alternative to Kevin James's similar premise family comedy, Paul Blart: Mall Cop. All in all, I found myself bemused more than amused by the whole thing, and the as the end creditsThis is a strange movie. Regular fans of Seth Rogen movies will either love it because of him, or be disturbed by his dark turn in this one. Playing a sociopathic, bipolar mall guard, it serves as an adult alternative to Kevin James's similar premise family comedy, Paul Blart: Mall Cop. All in all, I found myself bemused more than amused by the whole thing, and the as the end credits rolled in front of my eyes, I thought "what the **** did I just witness?" Expand
  7. Jun 12, 2011
    This movie is exacly what you think it is. It is stupid mind numbing humor. Thats it, if you go into this expecting the next Boondock Saints or Godfather then you are horribly confused. This movie is nothing more then stupid joke with lame punch lines, but my god is it funny. The ending made it all worth while for me. Watch this movie to kill a couple hours and just veg out.
  8. May 18, 2011
    What a different comedy. But in a good way. This is a very dark comedy where a lot of the humor comes from situations instead of dialogue. But still a very entertaining movie and when you get to the last 5 minutes your gut will be wanting to explode from laughing so hard
  9. Apr 17, 2011
    Incredible, extraordinarily underrated movie. Critics and moviegoers were too quick to dismiss it because it wasn't a laugh-a-minute comedy (which, admittedly, was what they were promised by the TV ads). But this film, aside from being funny, took serious chances and went very, very dark. In a good way.
    It may not be a good comedy but as a film it's good.
  10. Mar 10, 2011
    This has to be one of the worst movies I've ever seen, avoid at all costs, it's not funny, and Seth Rogen probably gave one of the worst performances ever.

1. Reviewed by: John DeFore
    Barring a Terry Zwigoff return to "Bad Santa" territory, it's hard to imagine a filmmaker embracing this dubious hero to the extent writer-director Jody Hill does.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    Ronnie is more complex, and much scarier, than the kind of self-deluding boob auds usually encounter in comedies of this sort. With the invaluable aid of Rogen, who's never been better, Hill sustains an impressive degree of tension between seemingly contradictory elements.
  3. Observe and Report is the rare "action-comedy" (almost always a muddled hybrid) that earns its cathartic climax. The blood is real because the psychosis is real. But somehow--the magic of comedy--it's also uproarious.