4.1

1. Oct 21, 2014
    It requires a special kind of stupid to make a movie this bad. This is without a doubt the worst horror movie I've ever seen, and one of the worst movies I've ever seen. There are countless plot holes and inconsistencies, and it borrows heavily from The Ring; the protagonist has a certain amount of time to solve the mystery behind an urban legend before she is killed. The explanations forIt requires a special kind of stupid to make a movie this bad. This is without a doubt the worst horror movie I've ever seen, and one of the worst movies I've ever seen. There are countless plot holes and inconsistencies, and it borrows heavily from The Ring; the protagonist has a certain amount of time to solve the mystery behind an urban legend before she is killed. The explanations for what was going on in the movie were so lame. Some stuff wasn't explained at all. There is also an extremely high amount of jump scares, all of which make you roll your eyes. One was so bad that the loud noise didn't match up with the "scary image". You'd think there'd at least be a little bit of tension to compensate for the lame jump scares, but there's a shortage on that too. You don't care about any of the characters because they're introduced, then killed of in about 5 minutes. You definitely want to miss this call. Expand
  2. Mar 3, 2013
    This movie stunk really bad. It wasn't scary and the plot borrowed from movies like the Final Destination and the Grudge. It was very stupid, unoriginal, and I still don't understand why all the ghosts look like Chinese people for no reason.
  3. Jan 30, 2013
    A little less than mediocre horror film supposedly inspired by Japanese horror movies or a remake of one such film from what I understand. The movie is highly reminiscent of Final Destination and the acting is right on par with many a horror flick meant for teenagers. The underlying story isn't bad but the ending feels tacked on because you can tell the director tried very hard for it toA little less than mediocre horror film supposedly inspired by Japanese horror movies or a remake of one such film from what I understand. The movie is highly reminiscent of Final Destination and the acting is right on par with many a horror flick meant for teenagers. The underlying story isn't bad but the ending feels tacked on because you can tell the director tried very hard for it to make as little sense as possible. Expand
  4. Nov 7, 2012
    It's A Horror Movie, It's Not Suposed To Be Perfect! A Great Story Line, Acting Was Fine... Nothing Wrong With This Movie, ALOT Better Than Most Horror Movies!
  5. Sep 23, 2012
    Not as bad as they say. When you see the Japanese version, this will seem a comedy. Honestly I liked it, but not more than the Japanese version. Recommended for viewing with your friends.
  6. Apr 27, 2011
    I Loved This Movie! A Great Movie For A Stormy Night :) Great Cast... I Know Everyone Say's This Is Not As Good As The 1st One Made, But I So Disagree! This Is So Much Better!
    Overall This Is In The Top 50 Best Horror Movies! I Am Shocked At The User Score Now Is 3.2! I Hope My Review Brings It Up! :)

The original movie One Missed Call is based on was pretty tame, at least by Miike standards. And since it appears studios have no intention of halting this flood of abysmal rehashes, allow me to suggest that they at least have the stones not to pussyfoot around and give us a remake worthy of Hollywood, of America, and of an audience that lacks the willpower to stop buying tickets to half-assed crap.
    Uninspired and painfully familiar.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Fox
    The result is yet another tired, ultimately incoherent horror movie that undoes the promise of its pretty good premise and potentially interesting story structure with dull scares, sloppy ending and a pair of unconvincing, leaden lead performances.