6.3

1. MarcusW.
    Jul 8, 2009
    With high expectations from the star power of the cast, I wouldn't say that I was disappointed. The plots were well woven, well acted, and the film was visually entertaining, of course. I would not have voted for the surrealism in the ending, in an otherwise realistic movie, but I'm glad I watched it.
  2. DonnchadhW.
    Sep 7, 2009
    I thought this was a great movie.... Love the characters and the movie creates a sense of loneliness really well... Some of the scenes are pretty dramatic so this movie won't be liked by the usual cinema go'ers I'd imagine... There is a dark feel to the movie and I highly recommend it , especially to watch on a cold dark Sunday evening.
  3. ConnorB
    Jan 4, 2010
    I love how the redeeming factor for Joseph L. is that it stars Jessica Alba when the leading lady is actually Jessica Biel. Decent film though. Excellent acting.
  4. ElizR
    Oct 4, 2009
    Couldn't look away. Acting by Biel and Whitaker superb! Overwrought but not boring!
  5. JayH
    May 24, 2009
    Relentlessly depressing, it leaves a foul taste in your mouth and makes you wonder what on earth director Bui was thinking. It's bleak and unpleasant, dark and morose. It's quite a cast though, and that's a positive.
  6. caseys
    May 27, 2009
    Beautiful pair of tits on Jessica Biel! i give it a 10. no matter how bad the movie itself is, Biel's nude scene forces me to keep an overall rating of 10!
  7. MichelleM
    Jun 7, 2009
    Horrible over dramatic characters.
  8. AnthonyW
    Dec 13, 2009
    A standout movie. Not a dull moment. Ambitious, thoughtful and moving -- despite imperfections like the last line, and some ideas we have seen before. Perfectly paced, fascinating and superbly acted by everyone. Watch for yourself.
  9. JohnP
    Jun 11, 2009
    I am upset with the poor reviews that this movie was given by critics. This is a shining star in the relatively mediocre film scene so far this year - one tires of boring comic-book "film covers". This film is easily the best I have seen in months. Anyone that thinks that the characters are "over dramatic" need to stop pouring tar onto their film-pallet. Is there even a mainstream film I am upset with the poor reviews that this movie was given by critics. This is a shining star in the relatively mediocre film scene so far this year - one tires of boring comic-book "film covers". This film is easily the best I have seen in months. Anyone that thinks that the characters are "over dramatic" need to stop pouring tar onto their film-pallet. Is there even a mainstream film that comes close to this so far this year? Critics must understand that consumers have a limited selection of movies - giving this film a 20/100 is no where near a representation of where the film should sit relative to its other mainstream peirs. I passionately believe that anyone reading these reviews should ignore anything anybody says and make a judgement on their own. If you want to gawp at someones breasts there are plenty of other websites you can do it on without rubbishing this film. Go watch! Expand
  10. JosephL.
    Jun 15, 2009
    I was excited to see this film. Wow was I disapointed! The only good thing is the when the movie ended. And I love Jessica Alba! Thats why I gave it at least a 5.
  11. ClaireH.
    Jun 21, 2009
    Within the first 15 minutes of this movie i began to have a feeling that it would be bad.. REALLY bad. but.. i kept watching, and was surprised. although it is different.. i don't think that it is a bad movie. it's not one of those movies that is made to appeal to the masses though, you have to be very open to different types of movies. i thought towards the end it really Within the first 15 minutes of this movie i began to have a feeling that it would be bad.. REALLY bad. but.. i kept watching, and was surprised. although it is different.. i don't think that it is a bad movie. it's not one of those movies that is made to appeal to the masses though, you have to be very open to different types of movies. i thought towards the end it really started to pick up and it actually left me thinking. if you are open and like a movie that makes you think.. you will probobly like this. if not, dont waste your money because you will be disappointed. i thought jessica biel was amazing in Powder Blue.. her performance was impressive to me and im not talking about her exotic dancing. Expand
  12. AdamZ
    Jun 6, 2009
    The only real mystery in this movie is why so many former A-list actors would sign on to this project. Forest Whitaker produced and was a big part of the early stages of the movie so if I am going to lay blame it is going to be on the director Bui. How else could you make a movie that contains Jessica Biel as an exotic dancer and Patrick Schwaze receiving a hummer totally unwatchable?
  13. AaronH.
    Jul 11, 2009
    This movie is great. Why it wasn't released in the theatre is beyond me.. Very moving and you actually feel for the characters instead of like many movies where you just don't really care what happens to them. Thumbs up! And I'm not wasting my money on seeing Transformers 2 in the theater, no way!!
  14. CarolanneI
    May 27, 2009
    What a crappy movie. UGHHH! With all those good actors, they should have been able to come up with something better than that. I dont recomend watching it unless ou are a huge Jessica Beil fan.
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Vadim Rizov
    In a movie full of egregiously overdramatic stupidities, the ultimate insult is to Patrick Swayze, who plays Biel's manager as an especially-poorly-preserved Bret Michaels.
  2. Reviewed by: Melissa Anderson
    The heartstring-pulling contrivances of the film, set during Christmastime, go way over the top.