8.0

1. Aug 25, 2012
    If I want to see apes, I will just watch a documentary from the discovery channel. They act just like animals in this movie and it's sickening.I wouldn't recommend this with my own life.
  2. Jan 6, 2012
    I wanted to like it, but the clumsiness of its execution means it fails to move. The movie fails on many fronts: the "dream sequences" just confuse the plot; the characters are explored only superficially; the plot dawdles. Perhaps worst of all, the film relies on a blunt "haul on the heartstrings" approach rather than putting real effort into conveying emotion. It seems like it should beI wanted to like it, but the clumsiness of its execution means it fails to move. The movie fails on many fronts: the "dream sequences" just confuse the plot; the characters are explored only superficially; the plot dawdles. Perhaps worst of all, the film relies on a blunt "haul on the heartstrings" approach rather than putting real effort into conveying emotion. It seems like it should be more of a touching story, but instead it is depressing violence, and left me feeling bleak, rather than uplifted. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Nick Antosca
    Shot in the manner of a grueling horror picture, with jittery edits to half-remembered traumas and glistening close-ups on the faces of monsters.
  2. Reviewed by: Duane Byrge
    As Precious, Sidibe is superb, allowing us to see the inner warmth and beauty of a young woman who, to her world's cruel eyes, might seem monstrous.
  3. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    An urban nightmare with a surfeit of soul, Precious: Based on the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire is like a diamond -- clear, bright, but oh so hard.