8.8

1. Aug 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the best adapted screenplay that i've ever seen, it even surpass the novel, i think. Keira's performance is perfect, every movement shows Elizabeth's archness and thoughtfulness. Just like Atonement, Pride & Prejudice is a typical Joe Wright's film, delicate and creative. Expand
  2. Sep 10, 2010
    Fresh, engaging and beautiful. A period piece as it ought to be: it transports you to a different age and makes the character feel real, "six inches deep in mud."
  3. May 29, 2011
    One of the most beautiful movies i've ever seen so far, it excites me to think like formerly life was very simple, without the easiness of technology like nowadays, the honor and morals prevailed even on the difficulties of the time.A handsome movie that indeed accosts a story acording to the title, very good sound track and a amazing self-story. I only thought that missed something at the end, but i loved the all movie. Expand
  4. Jul 4, 2011
    Read the book and saw the movie and I must admit is a pretty good adaptation. Keira Knightley is stunning, the rest of the cast is also really good.
  5. Feb 26, 2012
    I loved it! It is beautifully done, great performances, and it was never dull! The art direction was outstanding and the script delightful! Darcy and Mr. Bingley are my favourites characters for they were soo real...! Keira did great as Lizzie! An amazing film! !
  6. Feb 20, 2012
    A great Reader's Digest version of the classic tale. The cinematography is astoundingly beautiful. The cast is great, especially Knightly, who in my opinion really captures the character of Elisabeth Bennett. So good.
  7. Aug 25, 2014
    This delightful adaptation of a British classic never strays from charming. Direction from Joe Wright is well-matched with his muse, Keira Knightley, and a band of astounding supporting actors.
  8. Jun 7, 2013
    This film really took me by surprise, not by how good it was, but by how much I liked it. This excellent film completely took me in and I absolutely loved it. With a fantastic screenplay, beautifully adapted from the famous Jane Austen novel, excellent cinematography, great music, and a stunning lead performance from Keira Knightley, you are absolutely taken into the era and fall for every bit of this powerful romance. Pride & Prejudice is an excellent film! A must see! One of the best films of 2005. I'll likely lose "man points" for this, but I'm proud to have this in my personal collection. Expand

Romantic yearning hasn't looked this sexy onscreen in years.
  2. Reviewed by: Derek Elley
    A movie for the age, and a keeper for the ages, Pride & Prejudice brings Jane Austen's best-loved novel to vivid, widescreen life, as well as making an undisputed star of 20-year-old Keira Knightley.
  3. If only Knightley had a co-star equal to her here: The 1995 edition of Colin Firth, come to think of it, would have been perfect.