Magnolia Pictures | Release Date: August 9, 2013
6.2
Generally favorable reviews based on 43 Ratings
WATCH NOW
nosecohnNov 26, 2013
This is 90 minutes of movie with 20 minutes of story. The rest is just a National Geographic film set to some pleasant music. It has a couple nice moments, but would have been much better as a short.
johnnyMiataNov 13, 2013
This movie is about 2 young men doing road work in Texas in early spring. It is about the slowest movie I've ever watched. 25 minutes in nothing happens much followed by more of the same. Characters are not very interesting. Not much comedyThis movie is about 2 young men doing road work in Texas in early spring. It is about the slowest movie I've ever watched. 25 minutes in nothing happens much followed by more of the same. Characters are not very interesting. Not much comedy or drama in any way. Expand
AliStarkAug 12, 2013
total crap movie. Have the critics gone mad. I didn't understand a single bit of this movie. Totally waste of time and money. Crappiest movie ever seen in my life.
SimpleMethodAug 10, 2013
Prince Avalanche was a great movie. I really enjoyed how fresh and interesting it was. Paul Rudd and Emile Hirsch have excellent chemistry and they both pull it off. I was wonderfully surprised by this movie.
Blips150Aug 19, 2013
The most bromantic movie EVER!!! The soundtrack makes you comfortable and you can love all character and if you thinking on this movie your heart is full of love,awesomeness.You can laugh and cry while you watching this.So I made it mandatory.
BrianMcCriticAug 15, 2013
This film is all about the ability of Paul Rudd and Emile Hirsch to show great chemistry and they do that well. It does have its slow moments, but in some scenes it is also very funny. B
CheapSeatsJan 15, 2014
Prince Avalanche, despite looking beautiful, has a very empty, cliched plot. The performances are stellar but in the end it doesn't matter. The film feels already overlong even with a very short run time and it feels half-finished.
MobyZJan 14, 2014
There's not much to this movie, no thick plot, not too many people, not a lot of suspense or mystery or Academy Award winning actors, and yet it will always remain in your head once you've watched it.

Rudd and Hirsch share a unique

Rudd and Hirsch share a unique camaraderie as road workers working in the beautiful Texan woods that set the perfect melancholic backdrop. This movie shows that you don't need a lot to make a charming film. You'll enjoy it if you have a heart.
CameraBounceGodFeb 27, 2015
I don't see how people like it....but it reminded me of me and my brother so I actually liked it...and its was nice to see a movie about absolutely nothing.....maybe its about admitting when you've lost....shows how paul rudd can makeI don't see how people like it....but it reminded me of me and my brother so I actually liked it...and its was nice to see a movie about absolutely nothing.....maybe its about admitting when you've lost....shows how paul rudd can make everything just so funny somehow..... Expand
gregoryfern85Oct 21, 2015
Weird movie that is not a story I can remember, I can relate to AliStark, its very off and to understand it is something else. Some very weird scenes and can't relate to the characters.