Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures | Release Date: May 28, 2010
7.2
Generally favorable reviews based on 446 Ratings
Watch Now
heyitsmegrif4Jan 2, 2012
Gemma Arterton gives a basically annoying and cliche performance, but Jake Gyllenhaal gives a charming and funny performance. The movie is based on a video game so its storyline basically doomed the movie. But Prince of Persia is one of theGemma Arterton gives a basically annoying and cliche performance, but Jake Gyllenhaal gives a charming and funny performance. The movie is based on a video game so its storyline basically doomed the movie. But Prince of Persia is one of the most entertaining films of the year. I give this movie 31%. Expand
NazguleroMar 11, 2011
Truly appalling. This movie cost 150 million dollars. What was that money spent on ? The actors sounded like they were rehearsing a play. The entire script had no coherence whatsoever.
After watching this flick for only five minutes, I knew
After watching this flick for only five minutes, I knew this would be bad. I had no idea how bad. It sucks the energy right out of you, and makes you cringe.
SummersausageJan 6, 2013
A movie that fales to even capture my interest with the running shots and then we go to a love story that doesn't have any development and leads to just a load of crap.
markAug 19, 2010
I guess the script looks something like this;
BOOM! (Something explodes),
"Aaaaaaaaaaaagh!" BAM, BAM, BAM (Something fires), "Whaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!" CREAK ... CREAK ... CRACK!!! (Something breaks), "Yaaaaaaaaaaaa" Continue in this vein for the
I guess the script looks something like this;
BOOM! (Something explodes),
"Aaaaaaaaaaaagh!"
BAM, BAM, BAM (Something fires),
"Whaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!"
CREAK ... CREAK ... CRACK!!! (Something breaks),
"Yaaaaaaaaaaaa"
Continue in this vein for the duration of the movie. If you enjoy noisy, pointless movies, look no further.
DyliebarMar 2, 2016
The only good thing about this movie is the special effects! This movie is boring, tedious, and the ending has gotta be one of the worst cop out endings I have seen in a movie!
Falcon_D_StormsNov 30, 2013
A terrible video game movie that stands on top of a heap of bad video game movies, vying for Prince of the Mountain.

The only things about this movie that are decent, are the visuals and the action. Past that, it's nothing but a hurricane of the worst Hollywood cliches, forced romance between two irritating characters, and a story that is a shadow of what was presented in the video game series.

Play any of the Prince of Persia games for a better experience, even the original 2D side scrollers.
ColinP.May 30, 2010
Very very disappointing. The editing is especially bad, but there really is nothing good to say about this steaming heap.
BarryGJun 3, 2010
That anyone could describe this movie as having "great acting" is just ridiculous. The prince couldn't decide whether he was British or American. Parts of the story didn't make any sense at all. Acting and script was terrible all That anyone could describe this movie as having "great acting" is just ridiculous. The prince couldn't decide whether he was British or American. Parts of the story didn't make any sense at all. Acting and script was terrible all round. Bad editing. Basically, just a stinking pile of crap. Expand
0 of 1 users found this helpful
RonR.May 29, 2010
Simply horrible. I am not a fanboy of dissing movies...I wanted to love this movie based on the idea that I grew up with the franchise, love popcorn movies, and needed time away from the teenagers; but, man, oh, man...garbage.
LBMay 31, 2010
Took the boys to see "Prince of Persia" a movie based on a once popular video game about a prince who can scale walls and, with the help of his magic dagger, could turn back time! I wish I had a dagger like that, I'd turn back time to Took the boys to see "Prince of Persia" a movie based on a once popular video game about a prince who can scale walls and, with the help of his magic dagger, could turn back time! I wish I had a dagger like that, I'd turn back time to the point when I bought the movie tickets! The movie was a heaping vat of suckage! Th...e boys and I could not contain our laughter! Expand
TahaA.May 31, 2010
Editing! Editing! They got it completely wrong. It was as if they needed to cut the movie by half an hour to get it under two hours, and it shows. You expect more from a $150 mil movie. Plus, Prince Dastan is not only the most acrobatic man Editing! Editing! They got it completely wrong. It was as if they needed to cut the movie by half an hour to get it under two hours, and it shows. You expect more from a $150 mil movie. Plus, Prince Dastan is not only the most acrobatic man in persia but also the most lucky and blessed. In so many sequences he was at peril and at the last moment got magically rescued by his girlfriend or his brother or so unfortunate shmuck who got in the way of an arrow or snake. Heck, I would not have been surprised if at his wish he had just reached his hand out and said 'soard' and it would have magically appeared out of no where. Complete trash! Expand
DikanoSep 10, 2010
A disastrous movie, without a shadow of a doubt. Appalling acting, boring direction, washed out and run-of-the-mill action sequences. Really, really bland movie, regardless of whether you liked the videogames or not.