7.3

1. Jul 22, 2011
    This is one of my favorite movies of 2010. I don't understand the negative reviews by critics. Loved the two lead characters and Jake Gyllenhaal once again demonstrated his versatility as an actor.
  2. Apr 10, 2013
    A very good adventure movie set in the middle east. There are good mixtures of action and comedy scenes in the movie. The main actor/character was pretty good although didn't see him do those cool wall running, etc like in the video games. And not many boss fights...disappointing. And no going through traps and pitfalls like it should be. But the movie is interesting and entertaining toA very good adventure movie set in the middle east. There are good mixtures of action and comedy scenes in the movie. The main actor/character was pretty good although didn't see him do those cool wall running, etc like in the video games. And not many boss fights...disappointing. And no going through traps and pitfalls like it should be. But the movie is interesting and entertaining to keep me watching. The main badguy was actually pretty good with a nice storyline. the girl was also pretty good, although I wanted to see her in action as well. In the end, its a good guy movie with them always coming out on top. No problem with that, but it just happend too easy? Expand
  3. Nov 15, 2010
    I could not care less about the game franchise, and I'm becoming decrepit with age and increasingly impatient with computer-effect-filled movies. But this I found quite engaging. It's a fun story, told reasonably effectively.
  4. Sep 25, 2010
    Easily my favourite game-to-movie adaptation, and probably one of the best, The Sands of Time is a fun action flick, that while slightly Pirates of the Caribbean-esque, TSOT is an extremely enjoyable film and Jake Gyllenhaal plays the role of the previously unnamed Prince, Dastan. As for the rest of the acting, it is quite reasonable and is a very enjoyable film.
    If you haven't seen it, go
    If you haven't seen it, go out and buy it.
    Now.
  5. Dec 8, 2011
    This was a movie i think that a lot of people were skeptic about and so they failed to keep an open mind. The result was bad ratings. This movie is a feel good movie with plenty of action along the way. although a little cheesy if your a james bond fan give it a whirl because a good friend of mind who is a james bond fanatic and a movie connoiseur watched out of my recomondation and loved.This was a movie i think that a lot of people were skeptic about and so they failed to keep an open mind. The result was bad ratings. This movie is a feel good movie with plenty of action along the way. although a little cheesy if your a james bond fan give it a whirl because a good friend of mind who is a james bond fanatic and a movie connoiseur watched out of my recomondation and loved. a movie with LOTS of parcour and action as well as enough twists and turns to keep you on the edge of your seat once this movie starts rolling. Just dont assume the bad guy ;). Expand
  6. Jan 17, 2012
    I simply like this film. Nice story and very nice FX. I like this ancient historical stuffs. And I was stunning over acting of the Jake Gyllenhaal. I simply put the 10 on this film.
  7. Dec 23, 2014
    I must of saw this movie over 100 times and each time I can pick out something new. This movie reminds me of my second marriage which I'm still living. I am separated from my wife, however I still feel like I'm fighting a battle to get back to her. Similarly, just like in the movie when the prince falls in love with the princess.

It's clear that they fall in love early in the movie

It's clear that they fall in love early in the movie when the prince captures the dagger. Throughout the entire movie the prince and princess get to know each other better and better. The turning point is finally when the princess becomes totally honest with the prince.

A true heart filling love story at its best, a man fighting to expose the truth to save the Holy City. The deep message is trust no one, except what your heart tells you. Basically, in life, don't listen to others that have no clue about all the facts. The fact of this movie is that true love will prevail over any adverse situation.

Gemma played the most beautiful princess that I've seen. Her sexiness and strong will to survive really hit a home run with me. Jake was superb in protecting all of his true loved ones even though he was an orphan boy and had no real family.

A sequel to this movie should be made, I would love nothing more than to see the prince and princess be married and raise their own family.
  8. SamuelM
    Jun 4, 2010
    Went to see this with a group of sceptical friends, by the end they all agreed that the movie was worth our time. The action sequences are perfectly played out and the story is told so well you can follow it with ease. Here's hoping for a sequel!
  9. RizwanK.
    May 30, 2010
    After seeing the reviews i went with low expectation..but wait it delivered much more than what it said about it visuals were awesome as well as action.gemma was beautiful as princess and hasanssins were really nice element..to sum up it was a wonderful experience....i would recommend it!!!
  10. obe
    May 30, 2010
    A fun, light, very enjoyable popcorn movie.
  11. jayr.
    Jun 1, 2010
    Yes this is Prince of Persia for me. watched it yesterday and it deklivered more than what i expected. would go to watch it again next week if i have a chance.it was among the most entertaining films of the hears.thanks to the collaberation of jerry buchemer, disney & mike newell...and also the parkour originator david belle.
  12. SabariN.
    May 28, 2010
    This is really a cool exciting action packed film with a little essence of romance and humour. unlike the rest of game-converted films, POP SOT promises to be a real treat for all kinds of audiences especially the game lovers. modified script which is different from the game really enhanced the characters charisma. infact the movie is a perfect summer treat, and iam really looking forward This is really a cool exciting action packed film with a little essence of romance and humour. unlike the rest of game-converted films, POP SOT promises to be a real treat for all kinds of audiences especially the game lovers. modified script which is different from the game really enhanced the characters charisma. infact the movie is a perfect summer treat, and iam really looking forward for the sequel to be released soon. Collapse
  13. rogera
    May 29, 2010
    It seems a much more promising movies than what critics are saying about it. people please go and watch and you will realize this fact yourself!
  14. PhilippeK
    May 29, 2010
    Light entertainment but well done. Satisfied my expectations with lots of action, great pictures, oriental flair and beauty and a breeze of erotic. Nice movie absolutely worth watching. P.S.: Forget the critics - like very often they dont have a clue
  15. NabeelA
    May 31, 2010
    Yea its not based on any one particular PoP game. Which is a good thing because they could have ruined it, what they kept true to PoP was the identity and personality and character of the prince. The action kept getting crazier and crazier as it went on...to not like this movie would be bad.
  16. NicoleF
    Jun 10, 2010
    Well! I thought it was awesome. I agree that there were some pretty cheesy lines, Jake Gyllenhaal didn't quite capture the aggressive Prince I remember from the games--but I think it was more due to poor directing than anything. Also, there was huge editing problems, and Dastan figured things out very quickly. Yet, I absolutely loved it. I found the action and adventure scenes Well! I thought it was awesome. I agree that there were some pretty cheesy lines, Jake Gyllenhaal didn't quite capture the aggressive Prince I remember from the games--but I think it was more due to poor directing than anything. Also, there was huge editing problems, and Dastan figured things out very quickly. Yet, I absolutely loved it. I found the action and adventure scenes awesome,a and the overall visual impression was also awesome. To me, I loved it. I'm biased though, I was going to love it no matter what. Expand
  17. LeonS
    Jun 12, 2010
    I loved the film, because it had an interesting plot that was very entertaining from the beginning to the end. And of course because it's story is amazingly from a top notch video game. The actors were great, even surprisingly good! The chemistry between Jake Gyllenhaal (Prince Dastan) and Emma Arterton (Princess Tamina) was lovely!
  18. alexs
    Jun 2, 2010
    The only movie ever where I actually thought about going to the cinema a second time. It has such a great feel to it. Yes it has a lot of plot nonsense and some cliched camera rotations and characters. But unlike in other movies it never felt off - or even annoying. It has great and likable characters (not many movies have both) and awesome scenery and music.
  19. guliranos
    Jun 3, 2010
    I was not surprised about critics review. I do not understand them, why should it matter, who plays which roles, as long as we-audience entertained. It is very good movie, not boring at all, story was moving pretty fast, great actors, amasing stunts, costumes, lots of, lots of things to watch. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
  20. ObservantSkeptic
    Jun 3, 2010
    I was entertained. I'm the first one to say I hate Bruckhiemer produced films. The CGI is usually overdone. This time although a little more CGI than I like. The film was very well done and the story was well though out. Very good cast. I was shocked that a movie based on a video game could be well made.
  21. PedramE.
    May 28, 2010
    A very fun and entertaining movie. Much better than the trailers would lead you to believe.
  22. RichardC.
    May 28, 2010
    Just saw it it was much better than i thought it would be Definately recommend it !!!
  23. ArtusP
    May 28, 2010
    This dicrepancy between what the critics and regular movie goers say should be telling enough for those who still hasitate whether to see it or not. The fight sequencies could be less chaotic, I agree, but all the rest is pure joy to watch. Light entertainment at its best. Definitely a better adventure movie than the last Indy for example. Its not often that both my girlfriend and I leave This dicrepancy between what the critics and regular movie goers say should be telling enough for those who still hasitate whether to see it or not. The fight sequencies could be less chaotic, I agree, but all the rest is pure joy to watch. Light entertainment at its best. Definitely a better adventure movie than the last Indy for example. Its not often that both my girlfriend and I leave a movie theater in full agreement and with big smiles on our faces. Money well spent. I plan to get a DVD or BlueRay for my collection. Expand
  24. JennyG
    May 29, 2010
    The best movie of the year so far. It was even more entertaining than How To Train Your Dragon. I was amazed by how great the acting was and how interesting and surprisingly unpredictable the story was. A+
  25. GaborV
    May 29, 2010
    The most fantastic video-game adaptation to date - and stands alone as an epic tail by itself - although maybe enjoyable more by fans like myself than other audiences, it captured the most important key and story elements from the game and used them in a superb way of creating a new story in a familiar universe - and my girlfriend loved it too!
  26. FarhanH
    May 29, 2010
    Not perfect, but not a bad movie either. This movie does what movies are meant to do - entertain the audience. It's definately worth the money to see in the theater and to own. The entire movie is a solid A in my book, i was very pleased. I see this being a successful franchise for Disney if they learn from the small mistakes they made with this film.
  27. HobaRTS
    May 31, 2010
    Indiana Jones with a political message. Where are the weapons of mass destruction? Ben Kingsley as VP Dick Cheney.
  28. Vladislav
    May 31, 2010
    You must be kidding me, this film fraking rocked! I am a fan of the prince of persia sands of time game and I was expecting this film to fail hard, though i still had high hopes for it. Shockingly enough - it delivered. Maybe you really need to already be a fan though to appreciate all the details in the film that allude to the game, like the new area zoom in sequence. And the bickering You must be kidding me, this film fraking rocked! I am a fan of the prince of persia sands of time game and I was expecting this film to fail hard, though i still had high hopes for it. Shockingly enough - it delivered. Maybe you really need to already be a fan though to appreciate all the details in the film that allude to the game, like the new area zoom in sequence. And the bickering between the prince and his love interest was spot on. I don't even see why everyone has such an issue with the story. At their core most stories are just rehashed old things. What makes something impressive, fun, or entertaining is how this story is told, and I felt captivated by this film. Its not without faults, I noticed one scene looked like I was looking at a movie set, not an ancient castle battlement, but it was just one moment. All that I can definitively leave you with is what actually happens, everything else is just words. I was very please with the film and am looking forward to the bluray release of it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Expand
  29. toms
    May 30, 2010
    Yes lovely movie just what u was short and sweet entertainment...i loved this flick and would be waiting for sequel NO MATTER WHAT THE CRITICS SAY THIS MOVIE ROCKS.
  30. johnnyr
    May 30, 2010
    Dastan the prince showed great parkour skills, plot was good,although ben kingsley role was short but he made his presence felt and yeah environment were really nice..no wonder that it has a production cost of $200million..alfred molina brought few hilarious moments this is a movie that legends of hollywood would have loved to watch as it has got almost everything which a person goes to Dastan the prince showed great parkour skills, plot was good,although ben kingsley role was short but he made his presence felt and yeah environment were really nice..no wonder that it has a production cost of $200million..alfred molina brought few hilarious moments this is a movie that legends of hollywood would have loved to watch as it has got almost everything which a person goes to watch in a movie. Expand
  31. Colin
    May 30, 2010
    I've been interested in seeing this since i first heard about it. I've never played the first game but i have played the 2nd and 3rd one. But this is an awesome movie! I recommend it.
  32. pallavs
    May 31, 2010
    Great movie!!!! it was a complete entertainer in itself jake was great apart from his accent but the action scenes he performed were incredible,alfred was funny at times.storyline was fast paced & kept eyes glued to the screen till the last moment...and yeah loved to hear that it topped the box-office of 41 countries out of 47 where it has released.hope it would do the same in us box office.
  33. GeneR
    May 30, 2010
    Better than the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. The pirates series had long, pointless action sequences that left me muttering for it to get to the point. No such problems /w Prince. Everything in the movie happened for a reason and the story was woven tighter. Only dragged down by some pointless comic relief.
  34. PeterR
    Jun 1, 2010
    I don't want to give a long review, but it was basically one of those summer action movies like Transformers or something, but here's what makes it great: there's a story and some genuine chuckles you'll get from a few lines. Unlike most action movies, the plot made sense and it stood true to the video game that it was supposed to follow. It's understandable to I don't want to give a long review, but it was basically one of those summer action movies like Transformers or something, but here's what makes it great: there's a story and some genuine chuckles you'll get from a few lines. Unlike most action movies, the plot made sense and it stood true to the video game that it was supposed to follow. It's understandable to see where some people would not share the same experience having not played the games. That's why I urge gamers to check out some of the games first, it will only make the movie more enjoyable. After playing the games, you'll see how they stayed to the formula, only straying away for parts that needed elaborating, by creating the beginning. Expand
  35. lindsays.
    Jun 1, 2010
    This is the movie i was waiting for & it was rightly so....very good movie indeed..wonder why critics are critics r criticizing it when it is one of the most entertaining movie of the year plz guyz dont listen to what other says....go and watch and u ll not regret.
  36. rohitt.
    Jun 1, 2010
    That is one of the better movies i have seen recently, thoroughly enjoyable from the starting to the very last moment. would be waiting for sequel.
  37. HarryR.
    Jun 2, 2010
    A pretty damn good film throughout. However, there were no moments that hugely stood out and "amazed" me. None the less, an enjoyable movie.
  38. GregH
    Jun 5, 2010
    I see that the disturbing trend of the closed-minded moviegoer is still going strong. Too many people are going to a movie with predetermined expectations of what the film is going to be like instead of keeping an open mind while enjoying what the movie has to offer. I've never been one to listen to critics. Far too often they can be very biased in their opinions, leaning toward a I see that the disturbing trend of the closed-minded moviegoer is still going strong. Too many people are going to a movie with predetermined expectations of what the film is going to be like instead of keeping an open mind while enjoying what the movie has to offer. I've never been one to listen to critics. Far too often they can be very biased in their opinions, leaning toward a certain genre or subject. This movie is...wait for it....BASED...on a video game. It never meant to follow the storyline to the letter. It's meant to entertain, while staying true to its source material. This film was extremely enjoyable. Knowing that Jake Gyllenhaal worked hard to learn how to do the stunts, as well as increase his physical build really helped me appreciate the actors' efforts. Having played the video game, I knew how the story would likely unfold. However, regardless of gaming, this movie stands well on its own as an entertaining feature film. I look forward to a sequel. Expand
  39. platiniumhunter
    May 28, 2010
    Very enjoyable to watch..way better than other summer releases this year like shrek 4 and iron man 2...an entertaining flick.
  40. bryana
    May 28, 2010
    Great flick.absolute delight to watch. go & see for yourself
  41. sandys
    May 28, 2010
    Watched it today and i must admit its full of adventure & action scenes are delightful too!!!
  42. ZiezK
    May 29, 2010
    The best video game adaptation. The movie, from start to finish, is filled with well-choreographed sword-fighting action, fantastic special effects, sweepingly exotic scenery, lavish production design, and a good, sweeping music score by Harry Gregson-Williams. It was so fun and entertaining.
  43. ThomasH
    May 29, 2010
    Went to see this today. Thought it was great! Wasn't expecting it to be good, but I thought it was fantastic. Reminded me of the original Indiana Jones movies and what made them so great.. this movie is incredibly well done and just fun. It doesn't try and preach some message to you, it just tells you a fantastic story. Loved it, recommend it to all.
  44. JamesT
    May 29, 2010
    I thought it was a great film. The action sequences were great and the special effects were amazing. I thought Jake played his part well and looked the part. I hope this does well at the box office!
  45. karls.
    May 29, 2010
    Enjoyed every bit of it from action scenes to run chases, from beautiful cities to varied landscapes.the prince with dagger surely creates magic.a must watch this summer.
  46. shawnt.
    May 29, 2010
    I am really surprised how badly the critics are reviewing this movie.have they forgot the true meaning of entertainment because this movie delivers it to perfection. i really loved it and i hope the others will also agree with me on this if they see the movie thumbs up from my side had fun watching this flick.
  47. josem
    May 31, 2010
    Is one of the best pictures based in to a video game not is perfect but is a good action movie.
  48. Al
    May 31, 2010
    I saw the movie last saturday. I really liked it. I almost was cancelling it due to some big paper negative comments. good that I didnot pay attention to them. this movie is just entertaininig. it never claimed to be an oscar hopful.
  49. Sep 14, 2010
    I was skeptical at first because some times when my favorite games go to film, they end letting me down. However, this skepticism turned out wrong. I really enjoyed this movie, I love it! I was amazed by the story line, the graphics, the intro and outro, and how it all played out. It was not too jazzed out by movie graphics and it brings a sense of realism. It was inspiring and gave aI was skeptical at first because some times when my favorite games go to film, they end letting me down. However, this skepticism turned out wrong. I really enjoyed this movie, I love it! I was amazed by the story line, the graphics, the intro and outro, and how it all played out. It was not too jazzed out by movie graphics and it brings a sense of realism. It was inspiring and gave a story line that gave good morals and values under the circumstances. It is deep in the sense that true family value and moral is stronger than deceit of foul blood that has been corrupted by evil. Way to go to all those who made this possible, especially to the founder and creator of Prince of Persia!! I look forward to more movies on Prince of Persia!! Expand

1. Mixing old-fashioned content and state of the art effects, this Jerry Bruckheimer production trades ‘pirates' for ‘princes' to revive the swashbuckling, sword fighting spirit of the sort Douglas Fairbanks or Errol Flynn specialized.
  2. A handsome, fast-paced and innocuous adventure that's easy to take but lacks epic scale.
  3. Reviewed by: Leslie Felperin
    Bruckheimer's passably enjoyable, antiquity-themed epic should satisfy its young male core demographic well enough, but won't connect with other auds on the level of Bruckheimer's "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise.